Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brett the Jet

Please get rid of edy cury and sign farev to mid levl eception then put him in cenetr for knick

im a huge jet fan, and i have never been so excited for a football season in my life, brett favre looked great in there preseason game. Should be a fun year, and theres a cool site like this one called[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for u jet fans

hmm the brett favre experiment def brought thrills for a while, and then it all fell apart. personally i thought mangini was more to blame than brett, but he did play quite poorly down the stretch. i want your guys opinions since ur jets fan, Would you like brett favre back next season? or rebuild with another QB through the draft or free agency (cuz i dont think clemens is the real deal)?

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    hmm the brett favre experiment def brought thrills for a while, and then it all fell apart. personally i thought mangini was more to blame than brett, but he did play quite poorly down the stretch. i want your guys opinions since ur jets fan, Would you like brett favre back next season? or rebuild with another QB through the draft or free agency (cuz i dont think clemens is the real deal)?
    KnickzrulezH20, the way I see it is that we're going to need brett for another year so that he can mentor a rookie QB next season. Kellen hasn't shown many flashes of greatness, so it would be wise for the knicks to pick up a QB in one of the first couple of rounds. One more season of brett would give us a solid year (9-7 or better) with the possibilities of going far in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    KnickzrulezH20, the way I see it is that we're going to need brett for another year so that he can mentor a rookie QB next season. Kellen hasn't shown many flashes of greatness, so it would be wise for the knicks to pick up a QB in one of the first couple of rounds. One more season of brett would give us a solid year (9-7 or better) with the possibilities of going far in the playoffs.
    Brett has to want to come back next year, If he does the jets would be morons to not bring him back. The problem was deff mangini the jets have way more then enough talent to win. Some guys can win in NY and some Cant. Mangini was one who cant.

What I don't see the JETS having is superstars on offense. Thomas jones is getting old. We should also consider bringing in a young running back out of college. Maybe C.J. Spiller?

Also, Great pickup in Rex Ryan... He was the perfect move for the jets and not spags, They need to get rid of schottenheimer I think... Sour grapes for not getting the HC job.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Gholsten is going to have a breakout year with Ryan as their coach, he's a defensive mastermind, now they just need a nice young quarterback i think they shou;ld try and trade into the top5 and take Shanchez....that dude is pretty good

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    Gholsten is going to have a breakout year with Ryan as their coach, he's a defensive mastermind, now they just need a nice young quarterback i think they shou;ld try and trade into the top5 and take Shanchez....that dude is pretty good
    If the Jets don't go for a big time QB during the draft then they don't deserve to ever be in the playoffs. They need a young spark and leader on this team...you CANNOT trust Favre in any situation especially when it comes to his retirement decision(changed 4 times?)

yea when it comes to retirment he's worse then Jordan

they have lots of good players that they could package them in with their first rounders this year and next year get the 3 pick and take shancez or statford

Letting brett play will only hurt the jets the season right after Favre leaves. They would have to get by with an unexperienced young QB. I don't think the other 2 they have would get the job done. Letting Pennington go was a big mistake, especially after they went out and spent so much in Jenings and Co.

Sanchez was born and raised in California.. He's got that laid back west coast attitude.. He would never be able to get it done it NY... Just my opinion. I agree they deff need a QB, But I am an avid watcher and follower of all things football.. Sanchez + New York = Disaster.

maybe your right but playing for USC is no walk in the park either, and the jets are going to see major upgrades in these categories next season:

1. Defense, will be shut down
    2. Running Game, huge part of Ravens success and Ryan learned a few things there, look for Washington to be better
    3. Consistency, basically thats what caused them the playoffs, that and the defense and the defense lead to the inconsistency, Ryan will fill both holes

Ravens won with a young quarterback and so could the Jets the peices are there they just need to put it together

Flacho > Sanches

The jets should go after Sam Cassell. I am pretty sure he will not want to be Tom Brady's back up, not after this season. Also his numbers are very similar to brady's first season in NE.

maybe your right but playing for USC is no walk in the park either, and the jets are going to see major upgrades in these categories next season:

1. Defense, will be shut down
    2. Running Game, huge part of Ravens success and Ryan learned a few things there, look for Washington to be better
    3. Consistency, basically thats what caused them the playoffs, that and the defense and the defense lead to the inconsistency, Ryan will fill both holes

Ravens won with a young quarterback and so could the Jets the peices are there they just need to put it together
    Definitely, ryan is gonna make the running game a focal point of the JETS offense. I heard him talk on the mike and mike show the other day and he mentioned how we need an all-weather type of offense. And of course the running is best for any type of weather.