Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891024 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 426

Thread: Christianity in 30 Seconds

  1. #46
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Akamu
    God is not bound by time like we are. God was not created either.

    This video gives a very good and intellectual explanation to that.

    Who Created God?:


    Also here is the ultimate ETHER for evolution:

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Over 14 hours (fourteen hours) of content that goes through Evolution and why it's illogical-

    (A very enlightening
    seminar)

    Before I watch this video..and completely smite it with CORRECT FACTS...riddle me this...

    What proof do you have GOD was not created by another GOD? And how do you know with ABSOLUTE certainty GOD was not created by another GOD or GODs?

  2. #47
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    You're bull**** video is from a creationist science website...

    I mean seriously. This guy went to PRISON BY THE WAY...

    Taken from the site of Akamu's video post;

    "Learn more about Hovind, his ministry, the legal battles he has been involved in, and the Creation science arguments he presents!"

    BOTH theories -- Creationism and evolution -- are religions.
    To report that evolution is science is "slanted journalism."
    Evolution is tax supported, and that is wrong. If you want to teach evolution (i.e., teach a specific religion as fact), then you should start your own private school.

    Evolution is like kissing a frog to have him transform into a prince; the only difference is time. The classic fairy tale occurs instantaneously, while evolution takes millions of years. [Either is equally believable.]

    If someone tries to tell you that we "evolved," ask them, "Were you there, or is that just your belief?" Being only their belief makes it their religion -- not science.

    Science is based on things that may be observed, studied, and tested.

    Those who teach evolution to kids will face judgment for it.


    END.


    I think we can put this link..into the bull**** pile...

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  3. #48
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    You did not watch the videos so why are you talking? how could you call it bs when you didn't even watch 1? (it's not one it's many)

    The reason he went to prison was for not paying taxes. He thought he didn't have to do pay taxes for preaching God's word (I don't agree with him not wanting to pay taxes, he should have just payed the taxes but that's another story) no single man or woman is perfect. 2Pac went to jail and he is beloved for his work.

    In any case how does that change what's stated in his videos? he topples evolution. That is the point.

    I think we can toss your ego into the bullshyt pile-

  4. #49
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Still went to jail. He's a criminal is he not? But aside from that...having watched these videos twice now...I'll be more than happy to tell you where they have ****ed up the science on purpose to prove their point.

    U think this is the first creationist video trying to twist science to help their argument I've watched?

    Get over yourself.

    Like I said I'll be more than glad to explain where they ****ed up the science..

    But I think I've explained this in another thread already.

  5. #50
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Forgive them, for...

    Realz, don't bother. Every time you, me, or ABCD make a strong argument, they simply ignore whatever is inconvenient; or they even make arguments that prove our points: defending the stories which glorify the massacre of all first born Egyptians, the slaughter of the Canaanites by Joshua, and the sick Israelite form of slavery.

    The fact is I look to the bible, along with other books, and people, for spiritual growth and encouragement. You two only seem to use it for security and position: you want to believe that you hold some sort of position in a supposed hierarchy of spiritual attainment. In reality, you're spiritually dead.

    The bible is misused by all Christian denominations, including the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Catholics. You've lost the true meaning and purpose of the bible, so you create a new one, focus on the points that speak of reward and punishment and forget to pay attention to the real gems that lie within the pages of the bible.

    The bible requires an innocent mind, which is why Jesus said that blessed are the little children. The bible requires spiritual innocence and intelligence, not a mind bogged down with stupid citations and mindless adherence to "principles." At the spiritual core of the bible is redemption, sacrifice, and understanding, and living, by values. What God is, what he'll do, etc., as far as the bible is concerned, is irrelevant.

    The fact is God is a title used for different entities, all over the world. God(s) is attributed with many powers: creation, destruction, all-knowing, truthfulness. God is also assigned, around the world, throughout history, various sexes, or none at all. I believe in God as a force, the same force that we help create when we care for a living thing or affect its ability to exist or die.

    Just like the bible says, one of God's name is "the truth." If you care about the truth, look for what is illustrated, insofar as values are concerned, by the stories, and examples, in the bible: Jesus' sacrifice, on the cross and his turning of the other cheek. The connection, and symbolism, between the father (creator), son (the created) and the holy spirit (inner life force). These are themes around the world, in different religions, and it speaks to the ancient wisdom of our ancestors.

    Spirituality requires, and urges one towards, freedom, not restrictive, blind obedience. FREEDOM, from belief, from the inescapable spot, from insensitivity, from lies, from prejudice, from blind faith and selfishness. The real reward is freedom, not heaven or paradise. Follow truth, give up worthless details, and you'll be saved.

    As it is now, you're part of destruction. You're complicit with the same people who want to stop a mom from aborting a baby, when there are children starving, walking around right now. You're complicit with the same ones who want to save lives, yet drop bombs on other human beings. You're complicit with the same ones who talk about unity yet support division and prejudice, spiritually, racially and otherwise.

    God has not laid out a path. Instead, it (God) has revealed itself in numerous people, books, animals, everything. God is there, now, to be witnessed by whomever wishes to come into contact with it. The bible is actually contains only a tiny, very old thumb print of what God actually is. Do you really think God is only in a book that comes from a single group of people, in a very small part of the world?

    This religion is only as valid as any other. It is based on a book that contains wisdom, as well as troubling details of the people it comes from. Because it is a patrilineal society, the God figure is made a male, just like God was a female in matrilineal societies. At the very least, you should have other spiritual pursuits, in addition to Christianity. Don't be so blind.
    Last edited by OGKnickfan; Aug 11, 2008 at 08:21.

  6. #51
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Forgive them, for...

    You contribute to those things that you said WTF to. You don't see the error of your ways, because you justify and justify, for your own sake, instead of that of truth and cause and effect: reality. I am grounded, when it comes to a few things, but I keep an open mind, I listen. And, if I hear something that makes sense, I can at least look into it.

    You're blind, completely, because, as they say, the truth can be inconvenient, it can hurt egos, tear down political and spiritual ideologies (a contradiction in terms). So, you avoid it, and that's sad. Some day, you'll be looking for answers, when you see how little you actually know.

    As for being a bag full of air, that may be so; but everything you, and your friends, say, seems old, rotten, decayed and lifeless. Where's the wisdom? Where's the freedom? Where's the uniqueness? This is why there will always be people who will never accept the bible as what they must follow, because, in the hands of the spiritually ignorant, who try to bind people to lies and mindless rules, it is a tool of evil.
    Last edited by OGKnickfan; Aug 11, 2008 at 09:23.

  7. #52
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Still went to jail. He's a criminal is he not? But aside from that...having watched these videos twice now...I'll be more than happy to tell you where they have ****ed up the science on purpose to prove their point.

    U think this is the first creationist video trying to twist science to help their argument I've watched?

    Get over yourself.

    Like I said I'll be more than glad to explain where they ****ed up the science..

    But I think I've explained this in another thread already.

    He is not a criminal, he should have payed to get the IRS off of his back and he is fighting with them over the tax fraud. There was a much deeper meaning to this.

    Do you have any idea how corrupt the United States Government is? It's obvious you do not, and you have shown that, it's very easy to tell that you don't understand this and a lot of other things.

    There is NO law that we have to pay taxes, let me repeat this "THERE IS NO LAW THAT WE HAVE TO PAY TAXES" did you know that?

    We are forced to pay through lies. So in actuality he is not wrong, and you misunderstand the situation.

    Do you know why there is no law?
    We fought the revolutionary war...we fought for our independence to get away from the taxes being brought by Great Britain. That was the main reason for the revolutionary war, to get away from taxation.

    Here be enlightened: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Realz, don't bother. Every time you, me, or ABCD make a strong argument, they simply ignore whatever is inconvenient.

    The fact is, I look to the bible, along with other books, and people, for spiritual growth and encouragement. You two only use it for security and position: you want to believe that you hold some sort of position in a supposed hierarchy of spiritual attainment. In reality, you're spiritually dead.

    The bible is misused by all Christian denominations, including the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Catholics. You've lost the true meaning and purpose of the bible, so you create a new one, focus on the points that speak of reward and punishment and forget to pay attention to the real gems that lie within the pages of the bible.

    The bible requires an innocent mind, which is why Jesus said that blessed were the little children. The bible requires spiritual intelligence, not just citations and mindless adherence to "principles." At the spiritual core of the bible is redemption, sacrifice, understanding, and living by, values. What God is, what he'll do, etc., is irrelevant.

    The fact is God is a title used for different entities, all over the world. God(s) is attributed with many powers: creation, destruction, all-knowing, truthfulness. God is also assigned various sexes, or none at all. I believe in God as a force, the same force that we help create when we care for a living thing or affect its ability to exist or die.

    Just like the bible says, one of God's name is "the truth." If you care about the truth, look for what is illustrated, insofar as values are concerned, by the stories, and examples, in the bible: Jesus' sacrifice, on the cross and by turning the other cheek. The connection, and symbolism, between the father (creator), son (the created) and the holy spirit (inner life force).

    Spirituality requires, and urges one towards, freedom, not restrictive, blind obedience. FREEDOM, from belief, from the inescapable spot, from insensitivity, from lies, from prejudice, from blind faith and selfishness. The real reward is freedom, not heaven or paradise. Follow truth, give up worthless details, and you'll be saved.

    [As it is now, you're part of destruction. You're complicit with the same people who want to stop a mom from aborting a baby, when there are children starving, walking around right now. You're complicit with the same ones who want to save lives, yet drop bombs on other human beings. You're complicit with the same ones who talk about unity yet support division and prejudice, spiritually, racially and otherwise.] <=WTF? LOL, ok!

    God has not laid out a path. Instead, it (God) has revealed itself in numerous people, books, animals, everything. God is there, now, to be witnessed by whomever wishes to come into contact with it. The bible is actually contains only a tiny, very old thumb print of what God actually is. Do you really think God is only in a book that comes from a single group of people, in a very small part of the world?

    This religion is only as valid as any other. It is based on a book that contains wisdom, as well as troubling details of the people it comes from. Because it is a patrilineal society, the God figure is made a male, just like God was a female in matrilineal societies. At the very least, you should have other spiritual pursuits, in addition to Christianity. Don't be so blind.
    You are identical to a bag full of air... (btw, nice double post)

    Let's leave it as this, (mind you I keep stressing this and I'm not going to bother afterwards) you believe in the Bible in your way, that is fine it doesn't bother me, knicksfan believe's his ancestor is a rock as do others, and I believe in the Bible in my way. There is no need to discuss this any further-
    Last edited by Akamu; Aug 11, 2008 at 09:04.

  8. #53
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Realz, don't bother. Every time you, me, or ABCD make a strong argument, they simply ignore whatever is inconvenient; or they even make arguments that prove our points: defending the stories which glorify the massacre of all first born Egyptians, the slaughter of the Canaanites by Joshua, and the sick Israelite form of slavery.

    The fact is I look to the bible, along with other books, and people, for spiritual growth and encouragement. You two only seem to use it for security and position: you want to believe that you hold some sort of position in a supposed hierarchy of spiritual attainment. In reality, you're spiritually dead.

    The bible is misused by all Christian denominations, including the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Catholics. You've lost the true meaning and purpose of the bible, so you create a new one, focus on the points that speak of reward and punishment and forget to pay attention to the real gems that lie within the pages of the bible.

    The bible requires an innocent mind, which is why Jesus said that blessed are the little children. The bible requires spiritual innocence and intelligence, not a mind bogged down with stupid citations and mindless adherence to "principles." At the spiritual core of the bible is redemption, sacrifice, and understanding, and living, by values. What God is, what he'll do, etc., as far as the bible is concerned, is irrelevant.

    The fact is God is a title used for different entities, all over the world. God(s) is attributed with many powers: creation, destruction, all-knowing, truthfulness. God is also assigned, around the world, throughout history, various sexes, or none at all. I believe in God as a force, the same force that we help create when we care for a living thing or affect its ability to exist or die.

    Just like the bible says, one of God's name is "the truth." If you care about the truth, look for what is illustrated, insofar as values are concerned, by the stories, and examples, in the bible: Jesus' sacrifice, on the cross and his turning of the other cheek. The connection, and symbolism, between the father (creator), son (the created) and the holy spirit (inner life force). These are themes around the world, in different religions, and it speaks to the ancient wisdom of our ancestors.

    Spirituality requires, and urges one towards, freedom, not restrictive, blind obedience. FREEDOM, from belief, from the inescapable spot, from insensitivity, from lies, from prejudice, from blind faith and selfishness. The real reward is freedom, not heaven or paradise. Follow truth, give up worthless details, and you'll be saved.

    As it is now, you're part of destruction. You're complicit with the same people who want to stop a mom from aborting a baby, when there are children starving, walking around right now. You're complicit with the same ones who want to save lives, yet drop bombs on other human beings. You're complicit with the same ones who talk about unity yet support division and prejudice, spiritually, racially and otherwise.

    God has not laid out a path. Instead, it (God) has revealed itself in numerous people, books, animals, everything. God is there, now, to be witnessed by whomever wishes to come into contact with it. The bible is actually contains only a tiny, very old thumb print of what God actually is. Do you really think God is only in a book that comes from a single group of people, in a very small part of the world?

    This religion is only as valid as any other. It is based on a book that contains wisdom, as well as troubling details of the people it comes from. Because it is a patrilineal society, the God figure is made a male, just like God was a female in matrilineal societies. At the very least, you should have other spiritual pursuits, in addition to Christianity. Don't be so blind.
    Jesus said not everyone saying to him Lord, Lord, will enter into the Kinggdom of the Heaven, but those who do the will of his Father will. So one's way to the path of righteousness is plain. LISTEN TO JEHOVAH.

    One who will truly benefit from the bible will do NOT WHAT THEY THINK IS BEST, BUT EXACTLY WHAT JEHOVAH, AND JESUS SAY IS BEST.

    Philosophy has no place with the bible. The bible explains itself.

    There is a reason why other books as old as the bible do not have accurate prophetic word, scientific facts, candor from writers, historical soundness, and have been as widely circulated. Because God is not backing them.

  9. #54
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The bible explains itself, huh?

    Alright..

    1) Where did Cain's wife come from? It only mentions Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel.

    2) Whats the biblical reason for killing innocents?

    3) Whats the biblical reason for killing non-believers or people who worship different GODs?

    Bible doesn't explain jack ****. Just a cop out for folks to rationalize their own evil endeavors. It's much easier to say GOD told me to do it...rather than own up to it yourself.

    ***No LAW to pay taxes you say? U ever read the 16th amendment to the US Constitution you dumbass?****

    Amendment XVI

    The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration.


    U might want to read this!!!!

    That pretty much wraps on the tax question stupid!

  10. #55
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz

    ***No LAW to pay taxes you say? U ever read the 16th amendment to the US Constitution you dumbass?****

    Amendment XVI

    The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration.


    U might want to read this!!!!

    That pretty much wraps on the tax question stupid!
    Lol. I was going to whip that out too...

  11. #56
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    The bible explains itself, huh?

    Alright..

    1) Where did Cain's wife come from? It only mentions Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel.

    2) Whats the biblical reason for killing innocents?

    3) Whats the biblical reason for killing non-believers or people who worship different GODs?

    Bible doesn't explain jack ****. Just a cop out for folks to rationalize their own evil endeavors. It's much easier to say GOD told me to do it...rather than own up to it yourself.

    Evil endeavors? You have False Christianity confused with True Christianity again. You do that a lot. You bring up religious misconduct concerning Christian sects as a whole, but you were not able to do so concerning Jehovah's witnesses as a whole.

    You don't see Jehovah's witnesses at the voting Polls, in office, in wars, on tv urging followers to do these things. You don't find that. Why? Because we are in the world, but no part of the world, the same way Jesus was.

    And many times I have explained the same questions you have asked. You don't really care for the answers, so if you want them, search in this thread and the previous. They're there.

  12. #57
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Shedding the light

    You forsake your humanity for identity, and the power you think it gives you. You think you're special, Mr. Saved. It's false and evil. Spirituality was once about humanity, but people like you have lost the meaning. Now, you use it, in a completely different world, to measure up to others. You take their basic humanity away from them, and you create some kind of special, better than everyone else persona.

    I'm more interested in humanity. And, if your God was real, I'd rather not be saved by him, if I had to live with the spiritually and intellectually blind, actually be one of them. God has no interest in judging anyone, when it comes to who worships how, follows all the stupid BS rules, only you do, because it makes you better than others, right?. In the fabric of time, the creator force is only interested in our actions, what we actually effect upon the world, whether or not we're self aware, whether or not we're free.

    Like Realz said, your God is a sadist: the God of Israel. He certainly wasn't the God of the Egyptians, the Canaanites, the West Africans, who worshiped the female creator God, or any other countless numbers of peoples whose culture did not reflect Judaism or Christianity. As for God backing this religion... if by God you mean Constantine, then I agree.

    I wonder why you don't get it. I mean, why do you think Judaism and its successors: Christianity and Islam, all come from the same place? It's obvious, kid: "it's a cultural religion, just like the rest that exist in the world." Wake up!!!
    Last edited by OGKnickfan; Aug 11, 2008 at 15:33.

  13. #58
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Evil endeavors? You have False Christianity confused with True Christianity again. You do that a lot. You bring up religious misconduct concerning Christian sects as a whole, but you were not able to do so concerning Jehovah's witnesses as a whole.

    You don't see Jehovah's witnesses at the voting Polls, in office, in wars, on tv urging followers to do these things. You don't find that. Why? Because we are in the world, but no part of the world, the same way Jesus was.

    And many times I have explained the same questions you have asked. You don't really care for the answers, so if you want them, search in this thread and the previous. They're there.
    Bull**** I know plenty of Jehovah's witnesses that go to the voting booth...I work with 3 of them for crying out loud. And we discuss politics daily. And I've seen them going to the booth, and heard the lever snap back into place after they've voted.

    False Christians?

    Alright...Rather than name the false religions...

    Name me why your's is the correct one?

  14. #59
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    You Christians believe for two reasons: the reward: going to heaven/paradise/financial "blessings," superiority complex, fear: you fear a final death or punishment in hell. Self preservation is what you follow. A ***** like me don't give a phuck, though.

    Real spirituality requires submission to the truth, and truth is very quiet, you can only hear it if you approach it without the burden of the years of BS that you've studied. In truth lies all of the secrets of the world that your bible, because it was written by one group of people, fails to mention. People like you can never come in contact with those gems, you spit on them. And, truth, being so gentle as it is, simply waits for the few that wish to look to her for grace.

  15. #60
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    You Christians believe for two reasons: the reward: going to heaven/paradise/financial "blessings," superiority complex, fear: you fear a final death or punishment in hell. Self preservation is what you follow. A ***** like me don't give a phuck, though.

    Real spirituality requires submission to the truth, and truth is very quiet, you can only hear it if you approach it without the burden of the years of BS that you've studied. In truth lies all of the secrets of the world that your bible, because it was written by one group of people, fails to mention. People like you can never come in contact with those gems, you spit on them. And, truth, being so gentle as it is, simply waits for the few that wish to look to her for grace.
    It's funny how folks can claim GOD is real...yet can't believe as well GOD might've been created by another GOD?...

    Isn't that inconsistent?

Similar Threads

  1. Explaining Evolution And Why GOD is NOT LIKELY
    By KnicksFan4Realz in forum Hangout
    Replies: 296
    Last Post: Jan 23, 2013, 16:16
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jul 27, 2008, 02:29
  3. The Bible - Proof that Christianity is True
    By Paul1355 in forum Hangout
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 12, 2008, 18:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •