Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article on Ricky Rubio

Default Do We really have a shot at this kid?

My favorite Draft website (Draft Express) has him going #1 and no one has him sliding past #2. Now OJ Mayo was considered a lock for number one this time last year. He would eventually slide as low as 7 and would eventually end up as we all know #3. Not that drastic a slip....but DeAndre Jordan was considered a top five pick this time last year peaked at number 3 in mock drafts and ends up a second rounder. My point is a lot can happen between now a next June. but lets just say he stays a top 3 pick. Meaning to have a legit shot at this guy we have to assume that we are in the bottom five in the league again, and if that is the case how much faith in D'antoni's offense will we have? After all the reason we want Rubio is because we feel he could be the second coming of Nash and feel he could help duplicate what Mike had in Pheonix. Now we all say it now that we are not expecting Mike to turn things around instantly but will we be saying that this time next year and how much faith will we have in international talent if Danillo does not contribute the way we expect him to next season? I kinda got off point....what I am trying to say is, if we want Rubio that means another season of losing for sure (unless he slips) and Danillo is going to have to win over the apprehensive Knick fans to have us trust in drafting international

Editors Note: I very much beleive in Mike D and even if we go 22/60 I still think he has the savvy to turn this thing around, but, we all know how we can be as Knick fans at times so that is my reason for mentioining potential frustration with him

Also since Patty was on this article his stats for the game against powerhouse Argentina were.....

22pts, 9-17 FG%, 4-4 FT, 2 steals 1 assist and 2 rebs in 24 mins.

Doing Australia proud even though we stink.

dajuan wagner would hav been a problem if it wasnt for injuries and i'll still take a palyer from college over a european any day, europeans to me are not athletic and very few are tough

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by datruth
    dajuan wagner would hav been a problem if it wasnt for injuries and i'll still take a palyer from college over a european any day, europeans to me are not athletic and very few are tough
    Thats because you don't know much brother.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Thats because you don't know much brother.
    best player in college ever year >>>>>>any european

Hope some opinons will change on Europeans and even Aussies after tomorrows match between Australia and USA.
    Will be very happy to see Millsy and CJ Bruton show up some of the USA guards.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Why are you so close minded?

Euro's are coming around, it's like Hispanics and American baseball, who knew their would be so many talented baseball players from South America just making most white and black players look bad. Because they are more determined to be great due to some living conditions were baseball is all they do. I've heard in South America there are kids at age 9 doing routine double plays and over here it takes them untill their 15 to do that. Euro is growing into a Baseketball powerhouse and the players will get better, and more stars will develope.

calderon out of the gold metal game

rubio starts

cant wait to see this kid in the NBA

anyone who watches him and says hes anything other than a stud needs to pay closer attention..

Originally Posted by EddieCurrysCancer
    calderon out of the gold metal game

rubio starts

cant wait to see this kid in the NBA

anyone who watches him and says hes anything other than a stud needs to pay closer attention..
    Juan Carlos Navarro is a beast, him and Rudy Fernandez were on fire against team USA. Rubio did very well for a 17 year old.