National Broadcast Media to Knicks: Take a Hike!

metrocard

Legend
I don't really care; I just want Chandler and Gallinari to progress and get as much experience as possible...along with Lee who I'm seeing to be underrated now.

Nate is replaceable and everyone else can go.

Rubio/Chandler/Gallinari/Lee is the future...we just need a monster shot blocker who can run the floor(SHAWN JAMES)

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^^ agreed man i see Chandler becoming a beast he just needs to play and D'Antoni is the perfect coach for Chandler now its just a matter of when

Yeah agreed. I can give two shits about being on national television or not. NBA is pretty stupid in their booking of nationally telvised games anyway. its a joke that stink teams like memphis, milwakee get atleast one game but a big city team like the Knicks can't even get 1. Its also rediculous how they showing 25 games from cleveland, phoenix , dallas, etc. I mean I can understandthe Lakers and Celts getting a few extra game televised sense they were finals participants last year but anfter that the spread of games should be distributed evenly.

Paul1355

All Star
honestly who gives a shyt, no one respects NY teams, just look at ESPN towards the Yankees they always talk good about Boston and bad about the Yanks, its like most national broadcasts have a jealousy towards the Big Apple. As long as it's on MSG im good, as for the out of state people idk

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I don't really care; I just want Chandler and Gallinari to progress and get as much experience as possible...along with Lee who I'm seeing to be underrated now.

Nate is replaceable and everyone else can go.

Rubio/Chandler/Gallinari/Lee is the future...we just need a monster shot blocker who can run the floor(SHAWN JAMES)

Agreed. I'm seeing alot of stuff on the 7 seconds or less D'Antony 'system' b.s. Didn't D'Antoni already squash this? Didn't he already infer that the style of play would be up tempo but possible allow more then 7 seconds to get down court? I'm thinking between 7 to 11 seconds. That makes a difference and in the event that Curry or Randolph aren't traded (God help us) both of them can make it down court in 11 seconds.

jzero29

Rotation player
WHo gives a shyt

First of all, this thread is dumb, I live in NY and don't care if they broadcast any games, I have MSG, they will all be broadcast. As far as national attention, If they do good they will get more attention, if not then they didn't deserve to be on TV anyway.
honestly who gives a shyt, no one respects NY teams, just look at ESPN towards the Yankees they always talk good about Boston and bad about the Yanks, its like most national broadcasts have a jealousy towards the Big Apple. As long as it's on MSG im good, as for the out of state people idk
The reason the yankee's are getting bashed lately is because they are in 3rd place and haven't been winning World series, like boston. I don't like boston. But they have Recently been better then yanks. They have won the world series twice in recent history, the yankees were gtting a boat load of praise and attention when it was winning back in late 90's early 2000's .Don't bother replying, there is nothing to dispute, it's a fact.

jzero29

Rotation player
p.s.

Does anyone think the knicks deserve to be on national TV after last season? Or should they remain NY's private little shame.

Paul1355

All Star
First of all, this thread is dumb, I live in NY and don't care if they broadcast any games, I have MSG, they will all be broadcast. As far as national attention, If they do good they will get more attention, if not then they didn't deserve to be on TV anyway.

The reason the yankee's are getting bashed lately is because they are in 3rd place and haven't been winning World series, like boston. I don't like boston. But they have Recently been better then yanks. They have won the world series twice in recent history, the yankees were gtting a boat load of praise and attention when it was winning back in late 90's early 2000's .Don't bother replying, there is nothing to dispute, it's a fact.

I should have been more specific with the Yankee thing. I meant guys from ESPN like Steve Phillips and company. And I'd rather hear Clyde on MSG then Marc Jackson..... and Jeff Van Gundy is a horrible broadcaster.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Well it sucks for the rest of us Knicks fans that live outside New York. That means I need to start saving up the $200 bucks for the NBA league pass to see any Knicks games this year besides the occasional NBA network games which I get. Long gone are the days of every Tuesday on TNT with Hubie calling the games and us leading off the Sunday doubleheader against other Eastern conference powers. Now a guess the Knicks are New York's "dirty little secret." Its a sad day in Knickdome really because to have national fans you need to have nationwide broadcasts. The Cubs haven't won a World Series in over hundred years, but have fans everywhere because the games are on wherever WGN is availible. Guess I better start saving up for the league pass...

Starks

Starter

This thread isn't that silly compared to some of the other threads people post on this site. Re-think that. I'm sure you can agree. At least this one is Knicks related.

A major market team with a storied franchise not being on national televison is a big deal. Teams fight for national attention and do anythign they can to get coverage since it boost the brand. Bossting the brand to a national audience increases relevancy which equates to better revenue streams in endorsements, merchandise, ticket sales, ect.

Its why GMs do everythign they can just to host an All-Star game, so that they can be get major market attention.

This is real basic stuff.

You should know this as an NBA fan. Shame on you

jimkcchief88

All Star
This thread isn't that silly compared to some of the other threads people post on this site. Re-think that. I'm sure you can agree. At least this one is Knicks related.

A major market team with a storied franchise not being on national televison is a big deal. Teams fight for national attention and do anythign they can to get coverage since it boost the brand. Bossting the brand to a national audience increases relevancy which equates to better revenue streams in endorsements, merchandise, ticket sales, ect.

Its why GMs do everythign they can just to host an All-Star game, so that they can be get major market attention.

This is real basic stuff.

You should know this as an NBA fan. Shame on you

Thank you. This is relevant stuff. No matter how bad the Lakers got, they were always on national tv. Hence there are Lakers fans everywhere so thier jerseys sell not just nationally, but worldwide. Not having the Knicks on national TV is a snub of major proportions. But do major networks really want to feature a team whose lead player is an overpaid, known malcontent with now a big tattoo on the side of his head??? Did "Mr Image" David Stern have anything to do with this snub because he feels such a player will make his league look bad especially now since his NBA is now competing with against a global market for players??? Stay tuned.....

metrocard

Legend
Well it sucks for the rest of us Knicks fans that live outside New York. That means I need to start saving up the $200 bucks for the NBA league pass to see any Knicks games this year besides the occasional NBA network games which I get. Long gone are the days of every Tuesday on TNT with Hubie calling the games and us leading off the Sunday doubleheader against other Eastern conference powers. Now a guess the Knicks are New York's "dirty little secret." Its a sad day in Knickdome really because to have national fans you need to have nationwide broadcasts. The Cubs haven't won a World Series in over hundred years, but have fans everywhere because the games are on wherever WGN is availible. Guess I better start saving up for the league pass...

You could watch the games online for free.
I could hook you up if you stop making bad post.