Legend
Its being discussed...

Postives:
Darko expires in 2010
23 year old shot blocking 7 foot center, excellent defense
has post moves

Negatives
Darko is emotional
Darko has struggle from recovering from failure, he has a bad play on offense, it affects him on defense.

I'm all for this move though...
Hopefully Crawford and Curry are next.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Its being discussed...

Postives:
Darko expires in 2010
has post moves

Negatives
Darko is emotional
Darko has struggle from recovering from failure, he has a bad play on offense, it affects him on defense.

Is this a rumor or inside info?
What's your source?

jzero29

Rotation player
Its being discussed...

Postives:
Darko expires in 2010
has post moves

Negatives
Darko is emotional

Uhm, you forgot one more negative...Darko Blows.
I can't believe Im saying this but I might actually like this trade...
Do you like Crack also?
**** it at this point, why not. Maybe they can throw a pick in there.
It's still tough to swallow, even with a draft pick.
Yea as long as Randolph goes im all for it and then Crawford and Curry go to hopefully
I'd love to see randolph go, but he's way better then darko.
Darko, is a no body. He is not that great on Defense as someon has said, he is horrible on offense. He is not tough mentally or physically. He just sucks!!!
There would have to be a draft pick in the mix for me to consider it. WHo else would we have to take to make up the salary difference?

jzero29

Rotation player
This would be a dream come true. I always wanted Darko as a Knick. He gives us the defensive big guy we need.
Are you serious? Darko? Did I miss something last season? I mean really did I? I know he had his best year, but was it that special? I mean, I don't like randolph, but he is way more talented then DARKO. The only positive, would be the contract, thats it. He's not that great on Defense. I mean he's obviously an Upgrade from curry and Z.Randolph but. Serious downgrade everywhere else.

TunerAddict

Starter
Are you serious? Darko? Did I miss something last season? I mean really did I? I know he had his best year, but was it that special? I mean, I don't like randolph, but he is way more talented then DARKO. The only positive, would be the contract, thats it. He's not that great on Defense. I mean he's obviously an Upgrade from curry and Z.Randolph but. Serious downgrade everywhere else.

1) Darko is FANTASTIC defensively. His body control and long arms make him a monster shot blocker.

2) Zach is a black hole. I'd trade him for $3.50.

3) Darko still has potential. Hes young. He may yet develop into a good player. Mike D is known for giving those guys who have been underachieving and helping them break out. Maybe this could be his next project.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
I'd do the deal in minute. It makes Lee the PF. Curry gets to hit the bricks on the bench. I'd rather have a young good d-guy who has some room to improve, than Zach. If Darko plays bad OMGZZZ we get a lottery pick, and draft Rubio.

Present
PG: Maurbury
SG: Crawford
SF: Gallinari
PF: Lee
C: Darko

Future
PG: Rubio
SG: Chandler
SF: Gallinari
PF: Lee
C: Darko

metrocard

Legend
JZero, are you really insane enough to want Zach over Darko?

Zach is one of the primary reasons we don't have ball movement, atleast Darko wouldn't ball hog and just play his role as the shot blocker.

Darko expires early, is a center, and a good defender.
Everything we NEED, Zach is everything we don't NEED.

Zach uses his talents to the worse of the Knicks, he doesn't make the team better. He'll be a loser for ever just like Jamal.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
mate is there a source for this.

No way is Memphis going to do this, with Gay, Mayo, and Gasol, plus a nice young team.

Get off it.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
JZero, are you really insane enough to want Zach over Darko?

Zach is one of the primary reasons we don't have ball movement, atleast Darko wouldn't ball hog and just play his role as the shot blocker.

Darko expires early, is a center, and a good defender.
Everything we NEED, Zach is everything we don't NEED.

Zach uses his talents to the worse of the Knicks, he doesn't make the team better. He'll be a loser for ever just like Jamal.

Randolph is a double double guy, night in and night out. You don't trade him for peanuts because the rest of your team sucks. That shit is stupid. Darko is a mediocre defender at best with no offensive game.

The black hole stuff is getting old. Randolph is the only guy putting up numbers. I'd go as far as saying he's the most productive player on the team. I understand the need to cut salary and that's the main reason Zach will most likely be traded, not because he didn't pass out of double teams in a few games. Zach scores over double teams. It could be said that because we have a shoot first point guard is the reason we don't have ball movement.

The reason we suck isn't because of one player, it's because of one man, Isiah Thomas. Thomas put together a bunch of talented players that don't complement each other. Removing one isn't a solution.

TunerAddict

Starter
Randolph is a double double guy, night in and night out. You don't trade him for peanuts because the rest of your team sucks. That shit is stupid. Darko is a mediocre defender at best with no offensive game.

The black hole stuff is getting old. Randolph is the only guy putting up numbers. I'd go as far as saying he's the most productive player on the team. I understand the need to cut salary and that's the main reason Zach will most likely be traded, not because he didn't pass out of double teams in a few games. Zach scores over double teams. It could be said that because we have a shoot first point guard is the reason we don't have ball movement.

The reason we suck isn't because of one player, it's because of one man, Isiah Thomas. Thomas put together a bunch of talented players that don't complement each other. Removing one isn't a solution.

This isn't baseball. Stats are indicative of a players skill or value. Any player can put up good looking #s provided the system and their role in that system.

Basketball is a team sport, people like Zach Randolph hurt the team with their style of play and selfishness.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I would do it, if the Grizzlies also throw in a 2010 first round pick(either their own 2010 pick, or the one they got from the Lakers). Milicic isn't as good as Randolph, so the Knicks have to try and get more from the trade than the Grizzlies. I doubt this trade would go through, though, because it would prove that the Grizzlies were stupid for trading Pau Gasol in the first place. Zach Randolph isn't exactly a guy you want to save your capspace for, and he isn't nearly as good of a passer or defender as Pau Gasol. If the Knicks get Milicic, I hope the Knicks bury Curry in the bench like he deserves.

metrocard

Legend
We need to do this.

Then try to get Gordon who isn't going to be Chicago anymore.
Send Curry to Chicago, team need of inside scoring.

Get Gordon in a sign and trade.

Then ship Crawford to Cleveland for any expiring they have.

That'll throw away 3 giant contracts of Zach, Ed, Ja...shredded of the 2010 salary cap.

Our 2008-09 line up

PG - Marbury(38 min)/Duhon(10 min)
SG - Richardson(20 min)/Gordon(28 min)
SF - Chandler(30min)/Gallinari(10 min)/Richardson(10 min)
PF - Lee(28 min)/Gallinari(10 min)/Chandler(8 min)
C - Darko(30 min)/Lee(10 min)/Gallinari(8 min)

Marbury
Richardson
Chandler
Lee

Darko

with a bench of
Gallinari
Gordon

Duhon

8 man rotation.

I bolded Chandler, Lee, Gallinari for obvious reasons.
Gordon fits this system perfectly, a guy who's much better than Barbosa, and look at how Barbosa did under D'Antoni's system. Gordon could easily be a 25 ppg scorer easily. Instant offense.

Darko may surprise you but my readers; understand this:
Darko per 36 min numbers aren't bad.
11.7 ppg (almost 12)
8.6 rpg(almost 9)
2.7 blk(almost 3)

Not bad.
The ugly is:
Darko's FG and FT.

Darko actually has range, he just doesn't practiced enough so inconsistency has been common in his career.

Guys like Darko tend to improve in D'Antoni's system(Diaw) and become better shooters, so his FG and FT should improve if he arrives.

This would be critical moves, getting rid of 3 losers and replacing them with two NEEDS; a dynamic scorer/shooter and 7 foot 23 year old shot blocking center with a lot of skill.

Are Gordon and Darko ever going to be all stars? NO.
Are they going to be great rotation players who know their role and won't clash with others? Yes

This is about fitting in roles.
Thats how I see it.

Everyone not bolded is expected to be replaced (Marbury with Rubio) etc and etc.

Insurance players
Robinson
Jefferies
Robertson

Anyway, the future could look like.

Rubio(6"4, 17 and still growing)
Chandler(6"8)
Gallinari(6"11 19 and still growing)
Lee(6"9)
Darko(7")

not bad.

New New York

Quiet Storm
We need to do this.

Then try to get Gordon who isn't going to be Chicago anymore.
Send Curry to Chicago, team need of inside scoring.

Get Gordon in a sign and trade.

Then ship Crawford to Cleveland for any expiring they have.

That'll throw away 3 giant contracts of Zach, Ed, Ja...shredded of the 2010 salary cap.

Our 2008-09 line up

PG - Marbury(38 min)/Duhon(10 min)
SG - Richardson(20 min)/Gordon(28 min)
SF - Chandler(30min)/Gallinari(10 min)/Richardson(10 min)
PF - Lee(28 min)/Gallinari(10 min)/Chandler(8 min)
C - Darko(30 min)/Lee(10 min)/Gallinari(8 min)

Marbury
Richardson
Chandler
Lee
Darko

with a bench of
Gallinari
Gordon
Duhon

8 man rotation.

I bolded Chandler, Lee, Gallinari for obvious reasons.
Gordon fits this system perfectly, a guy who's much better than Barbosa, and look at how Barbosa did under D'Antoni's system. Gordon could easily be a 25 ppg scorer easily. Instant offense.

Darko may surprise you but my readers; understand this:
Darko per 36 min numbers aren't bad.
11.7 ppg (almost 12)
8.6 rpg(almost 9)
2.7 blk(almost 3)

Not bad.
The ugly is:
Darko's FG and FT.

Darko actually has range, he just doesn't practiced enough so inconsistency has been common in his career.

Guys like Darko tend to improve in D'Antoni's system(Diaw) and become better shooters, so his FG and FT should improve if he arrives.

This would be critical moves, getting rid of 3 losers and replacing them with two NEEDS; a dynamic scorer/shooter and 7 foot 23 year old shot blocking center with a lot of skill.

Are Gordon and Darko ever going to be all stars? NO.
Are they going to be great rotation players who know their role and won't clash with others? Yes

This is about fitting in roles.
Thats how I see it.

Everyone not bolded is expected to be replaced (Marbury with Rubio) etc and etc.

Insurance players
Robinson
Jefferies
Robertson

Anyway, the future could look like.

Rubio(6"4, 17 and still growing)
Chandler(6"8)
Gallinari(6"11 19 and still growing)
Lee(6"9)
Darko(7")

not bad.

First off I would trade Zach for Darko in a hearbeat! Ofcourse not for what he brings to the game, but for cap. With that said I can not find a source to verify that this trade is even being discussed

Now you mentioned Eddy to Chicago? Not a chance in hell Paxson takes back a player who has underacheived since he traded him, not to mention that same player walked away from a lifetime contract in order to be with another team. So Eddy to Chicago isnt going down, they maybe consider Zach, but even still would want us to take back a long contract

Now Crawford to Cleavlend is been a trade I have hollering all Summer, but, I would not make this trade until I have dumped Zach's contract first. To me shaving Zach's contract is our top priority in getting under the cap. My trade ofcourse sends them both to Cleveland for expiring contracts and a 2010 pick,although The Cavs may sense our desperation in getting under the cap and may actually want a pick from us and I say give it to them! If that trade went down we are at 40 million in cap next season with the leagues most popular coach, and the biggest sports market in the world.

New New York

Quiet Storm
This could go down

New York Knicks

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3112.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Antoine Walker
Salary: $9,052,460 Years Remaining: 3
</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3705.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Darko Milicic
Salary: $7,020,000 Years Remaining: 2
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Zach Randolph, Mardy Collins
mem.gif
Memphis Grizzlies

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Cash</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD>*Cash compensation received from New York
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3531.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Zach Randolph
Salary: $14,666,667 Years Remaining: 3
</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
4157.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Mardy Collins
Salary: $1,034,760 Years Remaining: 1
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Antoine Walker, Darko Milicic

Walker's contract is not as scary when you consider there is a team option after next season essentially making it an expiring contract. The deal is good for the Grizz because they still remain under the cap after making this move (in fact they actually remain at 45 million) with players like Mike Conley and Kyle Lowry as trade bait to make more moves. Now do the Grizz want to expose OJ Mayo to the Hoops Family is the question/problem.

And no not even the Grizz are dumb enough to give up a pick in this trade! This is going to have to be a straight up deal