Teams that would want Zach

New New York

Quiet Storm
Who knows if we ever trade Zach, and regardless of his skill level his salary is what is killing our cap, so for sure he is being shopped. So I decided to see who some potential suitors could be

I'm basing my opinion on the strength of inside scoring needs, cohesiveness, salary cap, and trade chips for the Knicks

Seatle....I mean O.K.
Westbrook, Durant, and Green are the future of the squad. The problem is the latter two play the same postion. They do have Wilcox, but his numbers have dipped every year he has been with the team, and Zach would be a upgrade for sure. Chris Wilxcox and Donyelle Marshall and a throw away player would be enough to make the numbers work. Not to mention Chris Wilcox is a PF built for Dantoni style B Ball. But is there concern in bringing Zach around their rising young stars? I say no, with young players like Mayo who could be led astray there is more of a risk of adding a Zach Randolph to your team. Green,Westbrook, and Durant arent problem kids so there isnt much concern there.

Need for Zach on a scale of 1-10: 7.5

Memphis
Went after Josh Smith, rumored to be talking to The Knicks about acquiring Zach. The problem is that they have two scorers in Gay and Mayo, could they use another. They do however lack a post presence but I think they need more of a shot blocking,rebounding PF who scores off of put backs not a isolation post player like Zach. But the fact remains this team is anemic up front and Zach is the best player on the block.

Need for Zach on a scale of 1-10: 7.0

Clippers
Well Zach was there first choice when Elton bolted. An offer was made for Zach, the offer was not accepted and now they have Camby. Camby and Kaman is a great front court in terms of team D, but is leaves much to be desired on offense. Baron Davis,Elton Brand, and Kaman were supposed to be a "Big Three" in LA, Baron,Kaman, and Camby doesnt have that same sort of ring to it. Not to say Zach is as good Brand, but it better compliments what they were trying create when they got Baron Davis. The Clips and Knicks can still make a deal for Camby and Zach so them getting Zach is still not toatally out of the question

Need for Zach on a scale of 1-10: 7.8

Cavs
This just in....The Cavs have traded Joe Smith! Joe Smith was there only scoring threat from the 4 spot in the playoffs. Z is getting old and does the majority of his scoring on J's,Ben Wallace who never was a player to rely on offensively is a major liability. This team literally has no low post offensive options. Lebron needs someone else to help him carry the load, and I really do think that Zach could be that type of player. Zach would just feast on the opportunities that Lebron would create for him, and his ability to knock down the Jumper spreads the floor for Lebron to do his thing. They have Wally Z contract that gets this deal done straight up. Here is the catch....the whole world knows that we want Lebron and this deal puts us in very good postion do go get him. I say if you surround Lebron with a winning team then he isnt going nowhere, I'm not saying Zach turns them into a Title Contender but it makes them much better and does put them one player away from a Championship contender.

Need for Zach on a scale of 1-10: 8.5

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I would put the Bulls on that list as well. They still desperately need a low-post scoring option. A trade of Z-Bo for Larry Hughes would work. Larry Hughes has 1 less year on his contract.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I would put the Bulls on that list as well. They still desperately need a low-post scoring option. A trade of Z-Bo for Larry Hughes would work. Larry Hughes has 1 less year on his contract.

Your right I did over look Chi. I think they we will see trade proposals for Zach from The Bulls during the season if we have traded him by then.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Zach Trades

Sacramento is another possibility. They have some bad contracts that go for two more years - Rahim and Kenny Thomas - which could make the dollars work. Perhaps we could get a first round pick because with the Artest trade they will have an extra one.

Rahim and Thomas will not help us, but they could be bought out. It would be expensive, but there would be 2010 cap space. Mikki Moore's and Rahim's contracts are about the same in dollar amounts and duration.

Paul1355

All Star
I made a thread about this and it's very similar

Anything can happen regarding Zach, you can even look at the Clips as still a possibility if they don't like Camby's performance. The Cavs would be ideal because Lebron needs help on the offense, we all know that from watching the playoffs, he was a one man show. The Bulls are always a possibility dont rule them out. Seattle is also one i mentioned, because they have too many big men that can't score a basket, and they would be perfect to trade with.

Main thing is look at teams with alot of big men that would be willling to get rid of one or two of them. Seattle is perfect, they have good young centers. Also you can package in a pick with a center for Zach, that would be the best case scenerio.

Young Center and 1st round pick for Zach Randolph

dre48ny

Rotation player
The deal that has made sense for months now is Randolph for Wally straight up. Now that Joe is gone that creates a big vacancy. Wally's contract expires and they match perfectly! Wally can shoot which can help us for a year. He is a NEW YORK native, so I would welcome that. Zbo would play very good with LeBron. LeBron has played with average players and taken them far. Zbo knows that he is not of LeBron's caliber and must take a back seat from the door. Maybe this move gets them closer to a title but nothing is sure in the NBA.
LeBron could possibly opt out that last year and play it in Europe for 50 million and then come back to the NBA, giving the Knicks a bigger window to correct things. At this point wh knows what's gonna happen. I do still want the Knicks to clear cap space because there are other great players in the league.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Talent wise the best trade scenario for the Knicks would be Camby for Randolph, but this is a very long shot unless Camby makes a fuss about wanting out of L.A. I don't see it happening though.

The best option financially would be Randolph for Wally. We get an expiring contract and the Cavs get a low post scorer.

Isn't it funny how fans make a player sound like he's the shit when proposing a trade idea but when it comes to him staying on the team he's worst thing since head lice.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Wally Z is our best option cap wise, I imagine that Ferry would want atleast a first rounder in return in that scenerio, I would think we would have to throw in Nate and a first rounder. Now if do the trade for Ben Wallace we would not have to give up a first rounder and the one year different in the contract evens out with the disperity in talent so the deal is done straight up.

For a fact Lebron turns Zach into an All Star and if they get a good shooter then they look like a lock for the East Finals.

Paul1355

All Star
The deal that has made sense for months now is Randolph for Wally straight up. Now that Joe is gone that creates a big vacancy. Wally's contract expires and they match perfectly! Wally can shoot which can help us for a year. He is a NEW YORK native, so I would welcome that. Zbo would play very good with LeBron. LeBron has played with average players and taken them far. Zbo knows that he is not of LeBron's caliber and must take a back seat from the door. Maybe this move gets them closer to a title but nothing is sure in the NBA.
LeBron could possibly opt out that last year and play it in Europe for 50 million and then come back to the NBA, giving the Knicks a bigger window to correct things. At this point wh knows what's gonna happen. I do still want the Knicks to clear cap space because there are other great players in the league.

Zach would fit nice in Cleavland, but Lebron wants the spotlight in the Big Apple, not Europe. I don't think one of his favorite cities was Madrid or Rome...no it was New York. He's gonna want either the Nets or Knicks to get him. The only way is if he would take more money over fame, which is possible but Lebron talks like he wants the spotlight over everything.

Kiyaman

Legend
Alot of NBA teams still recall the Big Fuss during a game, and after the game that Rookies Aldridge, Roy, and Coach McMillian used to have about Zach Randolph 20-10 performance in the 2006-7 season.

Zach Randolph did not do to well in his 2007-8 season performance by turning a 33 win team into a 23 win team.

The only reason I could figure the Clippers going after Zach Randolph was having a strong veteran leadership PG-Baron Davis who takes no shorts from any of his teammates.

The list of teams above is good for a player like Zach Randolph however all those teams are also worried about the reason why the Knicks are trading Zach after just one season. Plus the $30 million Portland gave away to get rid of a 20-10 player out of their rotation.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Wally Z is our best option cap wise, I imagine that Ferry would want atleast a first rounder in return in that scenerio, I would think we would have to throw in Nate and a first rounder. Now if do the trade for Ben Wallace we would not have to give up a first rounder and the one year different in the contract evens out with the disperity in talent so the deal is done straight up.

For a fact Lebron turns Zach into an All Star and if they get a good shooter then they look like a lock for the East Finals.

The Knicks can't make it seem like they are doing us a favor by taking Zbo, on the contrary they have to fill a void @ PF so they need Zach. Why should we give up Nate and/or a 1st round pick. How bad would that look for the Knicks. A role player for Zbo and a first rounder and/or Nate. Hell no!!!!!!!!

dre48ny

Rotation player
Zach would fit nice in Cleavland, but Lebron wants the spotlight in the Big Apple, not Europe. I don't think one of his favorite cities was Madrid or Rome...no it was New York. He's gonna want either the Nets or Knicks to get him. The only way is if he would take more money over fame, which is possible but Lebron talks like he wants the spotlight over everything.

I know he wants the spotlight in the Big Apple, that is why I mentioned that opting out for Europe one year gives the kNicks another year to clear space. Let's say the knicks can't clear up those big contracts by the end of 2009-2010, LeBron can opt out and take the 50 mil overseas for one year and comeback after 2010-2011 and then the NYK will have all the cap space necessary.
I really doubt that the NBA would allow this. It's one thing for them to lose Childress and other players of that caliber, but LeBron and Kobe. Wow that would be devastating.

Kiyaman

Legend
Why is 20-10 Zach Randolph so hard to trade for equal value?????
His contract is under $50 million this offseason.
Why would a team expect a first round pick in a package with Zach Randolph in a trade? dont they know that Zach is a career 20-10 player.

Can someone answer these questions?

New New York

Quiet Storm
The Knicks can't make it seem like they are doing us a favor by taking Zbo, on the contrary they have to fill a void @ PF so they need Zach. Why should we give up Nate and/or a 1st round pick. How bad would that look for the Knicks. A role player for Zbo and a first rounder and/or Nate. Hell no!!!!!!!!

You're right in that we would be helping them fill a void, but you have to consider Zach's track record, and the length of his contract as factors into the trade too. When you consider those factors you have to imagine there are very few straight up deals for Zach hence the need for a first round pick or a young talent like Nate needing to be thrown into the mix.

Nate or first Rounder
Zach

for

Wally Z one year 13 million contract

I'd say the deal is as fair as a NBA trade is going to be, both teams take a loss and get an equal gain while each taking a slight risk. The Cavs get a solid low post scorer and rebounder to play with Lebron along with a solid reserve or first round pick, we save 33 million and are at 28 million in cap in one of the best free agent markets in a few years.

Paul1355

All Star
I know he wants the spotlight in the Big Apple, that is why I mentioned that opting out for Europe one year gives the kNicks another year to clear space. Let's say the knicks can't clear up those big contracts by the end of 2009-2010, LeBron can opt out and take the 50 mil overseas for one year and comeback after 2010-2011 and then the NYK will have all the cap space necessary.
I really doubt that the NBA would allow this. It's one thing for them to lose Childress and other players of that caliber, but LeBron and Kobe. Wow that would be devastating.

I think if most players had a choice to make 50 Mil in one year they'd take it no matter what, that's too much money to pass up. Your scenerio sounds like Lebron havin the time of his life financialy lol,but u even said the NBA might not alllow a star like him to go overseas so we'll see.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I think if most players had a choice to make 50 Mil in one year they'd take it no matter what, that's too much money to pass up. Your scenerio sounds like Lebron havin the time of his life financialy lol,but u even said the NBA might not alllow a star like him to go overseas so we'll see.

Hypothetically it's possible since there is no cap out there.. Hell yeah he would have the time of his life!! Make 50 mil plus endorsements in Europe. He will bring even more spotlight to the old continent. Then he will come back and make many millions with the Knicks and wordlwide endorsements. The NBA wouldn't allow this, maybe they'll create a larger cap space, but if I was LeBron, shit I would consider them 50 mil for a year of fun!!!

We'll just have to wait and see. Professional basketball is a business and it just has to accept that globalization is a fact. The NBA never thought it would have competition with other leagues, guess what players are noticing a trend. It'a all about the cheddar. Pargo just left to Moscow. Again not a superstar, but all it takes one star and others will follow. Gordon is also looking at Europe and we all know Marbury wants to play in Milan next season. Now he has connection so he can play there: D'Antoni and the Cock.

Paul1355

All Star
Hypothetically it's possible since there is no cap out there.. Hell yeah he would have the time of his life!! Make 50 mil plus endorsements in Europe. He will bring even more spotlight to the old continent. Then he will come back and make many millions with the Knicks and wordlwide endorsements. The NBA wouldn't allow this, maybe they'll create a larger cap space, but if I was LeBron, shit I would consider them 50 mil for a year of fun!!!

We'll just have to wait and see. Professional basketball is a business and it just has to accept that globalization is a fact. The NBA never thought it would have competition with other leagues, guess what players are noticing a trend. It'a all about the cheddar. Pargo just left to Moscow. Again not a superstar, but all it takes one star and others will follow. Gordon is also looking at Europe and we all know Marbury wants to play in Milan next season. Now he has connection so he can play there: D'Antoni and the Cock.

Didn't know about Gordon and Marbury being interested in the Euro teams, i guess they're better off there anyways.

Kiyaman

Legend

Paul, you know what alot of Posters forgot about in all this talk about overseas offering $50 million to Lebron James per season.
They forgot the first contract Lebron James signed before graduating High School, the $100 million contract with Nike, and then signing on to 3 other multi billion dollar endorsement contracts while in the NBA.
All the major edorsement contracts that Lebron is under hold him bound to perform in the USA NBA for at least the next 6 years.
What Lebron gross yearly in the USA from his endorsements says he will match all of Micheal Jordan's endorsements by 2010.

This is why I dont bother talking about Lebron comming to the New York Knicks to get major endorsements, he already got New York.
So the $50 mill per season will cost Lebron more than that just in Lawyer fees to break any endorsement contracts that forbid him from going overseas.

Paul1355

All Star
Paul, you know what alot of Posters forgot about in all this talk about overseas offering $50 million to Lebron James per season.
They forgot the first contract Lebron James signed before graduating High School, the $100 million contract with Nike, and then signing on to 3 other multi billion dollar endorsement contracts while in the NBA.
All the major edorsement contracts that Lebron is under hold him bound to perform in the USA NBA for at least the next 6 years.
What Lebron gross yearly in the USA from his endorsements says he will match all of Micheal Jordan's endorsements by 2010.

This is why I dont bother talking about Lebron comming to the New York Knicks to get major endorsements, he already got New York.
So the $50 mill per season will cost Lebron more than that just in Lawyer fees to break any endorsement contracts that forbid him from going overseas.

Then I'm even happier because he can come to our team hopefully one day:gony:

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Clippers will need Zach since Elton Brand left and the Cavs lost Drew Gooden so yea I'll look into them 2 teams. But i Walshe should keep Zach. He's our main post scorer.