Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Nate Robinson for Sean Williams?

  1. #1
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Nate Robinson for Sean Williams?

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Like the three team deal with LA,NY,and Den this looks like just a fan started rumor, but the deal does intrigue me. Sean Williams has some potential to be really good in this league. I see him as another Marcus Camby possibly. Us shedding a backcourt player for a shot blocker is a win win to me.

    Sound off!

  2. #2
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i would be all for this deal Sean Williams will give us a shot blocking threat down low with the potential to grow some offensive game and i see him as a Camby type player that makes his presence felt down low and adds an important accent of the game that almost none of our players play DEFENSE! he thrives in the run-and-gun offense so he fits as a D'Antoni kind of player

    Williams got no problem getting his hands dirty and getting blocks and rebounds

  3. #3
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default He has baggage but he is solid

    Apparently Lawrence Frank benched this guy because if his attitude. I like his numbers though. In 17.5 min he averaged 1.5 blocks per game...pretty impressive. Also 5.6 points and 4.4 rebounds in that 17.5 minutes. All we need is a back up Center and if Curry is out of shape, which is likely, you can even make Williams a starter to block shots and rebound. If Mike D can handle his attitude problems then it's good and Nate can be a solid player in New Jersey. I like Nate and think he'll do good in this system, but we have 4 PG's and only one pure Center in Curry, this trade is a NEED. Especially since he blocks shots and he is turning 22 in September. Plus Nate will probably be gone when his contract is up, so this deal makes more sense to go down than not to go down....make the call Donnie!

  4. #4
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Apparently Lawrence Frank benched this guy because if his attitude. I like his numbers though. In 17.5 min he averaged 1.5 blocks per game...pretty impressive. Also 5.6 points and 4.4 rebounds in that 17.5 minutes. All we need is a back up Center and if Curry is out of shape, which is likely, you can even make Williams a starter to block shots and rebound. If Mike D can handle his attitude problems then it's good and Nate can be a solid player in New Jersey. I like Nate and think he'll do good in this system, but we have 4 PG's and only one pure Center in Curry, this trade is a NEED. Especially since he blocks shots and he is turning 22 in September. Plus Nate will probably be gone when his contract is up, so this deal makes more sense to go down than not to go down....make the call Donnie!
    Yes we trade surplus for a need to balance the team. I love Nate as well, but this will get us a defensive minded player who could run the floor. Yes he is a bit of a head case, but he is an upgrade to the frontcourt. Donnie make the call. Interesting that he noted that Randolph isn't going to Memphis.

  5. #5
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I would bust a nut if we got Sean Williams. We must do this deal. MUST!! I've been saying for a while now that I want Sean Williams on this team. I think he would be the perfect Center in D'Antoni's system and a HUGE defensive upgrade in the frontcourt. He's not just a shot-blocker. He has a decent hook-shot and close range jumper. His offense could be developed. If he got starter's minutes, his numbers would be huge, especially in an up-tempo system.

    Do it Donnie. Pull the trigger. Stop wasting time. I'm getting tired of just signing guards and waiting around. Anybody can see we need this type of player on the Knicks.

  6. #6
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Im tired of discusing trades that have a snowballs chance in hell of being done, but Id definatley approve if this was in negotiation.

  7. #7
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy;64031[B
    ]Im tired of discusing trades that have a snowballs chance in hell of being done[/B], but Id definatley approve if this was in negotiation.

    That's just the nature of the off season plenty of deals are rumored and proposed and most do not come to fruition. But it is still fun to discuss I think

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    That's just the nature of the off season plenty of deals are rumored and proposed and most do not come to fruition. But it is still fun to discuss I think
    Here's and idea that should be looked at.
    For those who watched the Suns offense closely, the high screen/roll is a staple of D’Antoni’s playbook. Moreover, the Knicks finished last in the league in blocked shots per game. In Walsh intends to fix this problem, he’ll have to do so via trade. Our sources tells us The Wizards are looking for more post scoring and have long been impressed with Curry’s power game. With Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld looking for more minutes for the 6-11 Andray Blatche and factoring in the return of center Etan Thomas & draft selection of 7-0 rookie JaVale McGee, Washington may look to part with Brendan Haywood (10.6 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 1.7 bpg) in exchange. Haywood is set to earn $5.5M next season.

  9. #9
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by George M.
    Here's and idea that should be looked at.
    For those who watched the Suns offense closely, the high screen/roll is a staple of D’Antoni’s playbook. Moreover, the Knicks finished last in the league in blocked shots per game. In Walsh intends to fix this problem, he’ll have to do so via trade. Our sources tells us The Wizards are looking for more post scoring and have long been impressed with Curry’s power game. With Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld looking for more minutes for the 6-11 Andray Blatche and factoring in the return of center Etan Thomas & draft selection of 7-0 rookie JaVale McGee, Washington may look to part with Brendan Haywood (10.6 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 1.7 bpg) in exchange. Haywood is set to earn $5.5M next season.
    Not to undermine your trade, but are we sure The Wiz are impressed with Eddy's game or is that a matter of opinion. Don't get me wrong this whole thread is based off a likely bogus trade proposal, but I'm just trying to gauge the likely hood of this move, because it is a good proposal

    Darius Sangolia and Haywood would work, both players come off the books a year before Chub Rock.
    Last edited by New New York; Aug 14, 2008 at 19:41.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    Not to undermine your trade, but are we sure The Wiz are impressed with Eddy's game or is that a matter of opinion. Don't get me wrong this whole thread is based off a likely bogus trade proposal, but I'm just trying to gauge the likely hood of this move, because it is a good proposal

    Darius Sangolia and Haywood would work, both players come off the books a year before Chub Rock.
    I got that off of the Garden Grasp.

  11. #11
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by George M.
    I got that off of the Garden Grasp.
    that's a good site for straight Knick info.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Get rid of half-court players Marbury & Crawford, and put the Ball in Combo-Guard Nate Robinson hands for 35 minutes per game, and you will see why slow-motion players like Q.Rich, Zach, Curry, Malik, James, and weakass Jefferies dont belong on a roster which has D'Antoni as head coach.

  13. #13
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I think if we keep full-court players like 6.2 Marbury and 5.7 Nate Robinson the Knicks will have their first winning season in a long time!!!!

    Get rid of the Slow-Mo's

    Slow motion players like 6.6 Richardson, 6.11 Eddy Curry, and 6.9 Zach Randolph will not be able to play in Head Coach Mike D'antoni's system. If we can get 6.9 Sean Williams for 5.7 Nate Robinson then lets do it.

    6.5 Jamal Crawford is turnover prone. We need to trade him for a shooting guard who if nothing else can take care of the ball and defend.

    Fire General Manager Donnie Walsh and head coach Mike D'antoni. Both of them will pick up right where former head coach/gm Isiah Thomas left off.

    If we do these 3 things the New York Knicks will make the playoffs!!!

  14. #14
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    You paging your inner Kiyaman using those bolds and listing player heights. What is it with him and posting player heights anyway? were all fans we know the heights of the players.

  15. #15
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Im not sure why kiyaman always includes players heights. I saw a couple of your kiyaman impersonations...one of them i think 2 weeks ago was real good

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: Jun 26, 2008, 13:41
  2. Nate Robinson MVP
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Aug 06, 2007, 21:30
  3. Nate Robinson gone?
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2007, 17:29
  4. Nate Robinson Interview
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Oct 25, 2005, 15:14
  5. DraftExpress: The Nate Robinson Show
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 18, 2005, 09:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •