Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nate Robinson for Sean Williams?

Default Nate Robinson for Sean Williams?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Like the three team deal with LA,NY,and Den this looks like just a fan started rumor, but the deal does intrigue me. Sean Williams has some potential to be really good in this league. I see him as another Marcus Camby possibly. Us shedding a backcourt player for a shot blocker is a win win to me.

Sound off!

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i would be all for this deal Sean Williams will give us a shot blocking threat down low with the potential to grow some offensive game and i see him as a Camby type player that makes his presence felt down low and adds an important accent of the game that almost none of our players play DEFENSE! he thrives in the run-and-gun offense so he fits as a D'Antoni kind of player

Williams got no problem getting his hands dirty and getting blocks and rebounds

Default He has baggage but he is solid

Apparently Lawrence Frank benched this guy because if his attitude. I like his numbers though. In 17.5 min he averaged 1.5 blocks per game...pretty impressive. Also 5.6 points and 4.4 rebounds in that 17.5 minutes. All we need is a back up Center and if Curry is out of shape, which is likely, you can even make Williams a starter to block shots and rebound. If Mike D can handle his attitude problems then it's good and Nate can be a solid player in New Jersey. I like Nate and think he'll do good in this system, but we have 4 PG's and only one pure Center in Curry, this trade is a NEED. Especially since he blocks shots and he is turning 22 in September. Plus Nate will probably be gone when his contract is up, so this deal makes more sense to go down than not to go down....make the call Donnie!

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Apparently Lawrence Frank benched this guy because if his attitude. I like his numbers though. In 17.5 min he averaged 1.5 blocks per game...pretty impressive. Also 5.6 points and 4.4 rebounds in that 17.5 minutes. All we need is a back up Center and if Curry is out of shape, which is likely, you can even make Williams a starter to block shots and rebound. If Mike D can handle his attitude problems then it's good and Nate can be a solid player in New Jersey. I like Nate and think he'll do good in this system, but we have 4 PG's and only one pure Center in Curry, this trade is a NEED. Especially since he blocks shots and he is turning 22 in September. Plus Nate will probably be gone when his contract is up, so this deal makes more sense to go down than not to go down....make the call Donnie!
    Yes we trade surplus for a need to balance the team. I love Nate as well, but this will get us a defensive minded player who could run the floor. Yes he is a bit of a head case, but he is an upgrade to the frontcourt. Donnie make the call. Interesting that he noted that Randolph isn't going to Memphis.

I would bust a nut if we got Sean Williams. We must do this deal. MUST!! I've been saying for a while now that I want Sean Williams on this team. I think he would be the perfect Center in D'Antoni's system and a HUGE defensive upgrade in the frontcourt. He's not just a shot-blocker. He has a decent hook-shot and close range jumper. His offense could be developed. If he got starter's minutes, his numbers would be huge, especially in an up-tempo system.

Do it Donnie. Pull the trigger. Stop wasting time. I'm getting tired of just signing guards and waiting around. Anybody can see we need this type of player on the Knicks.

Im tired of discusing trades that have a snowballs chance in hell of being done, but Id definatley approve if this was in negotiation.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy;64031[B
    ]Im tired of discusing trades that have a snowballs chance in hell of being done[/B], but Id definatley approve if this was in negotiation.

That's just the nature of the off season plenty of deals are rumored and proposed and most do not come to fruition. But it is still fun to discuss I think

Originally Posted by New New York
    That's just the nature of the off season plenty of deals are rumored and proposed and most do not come to fruition. But it is still fun to discuss I think
    Here's and idea that should be looked at.
    For those who watched the Suns offense closely, the high screen/roll is a staple of D’Antoni’s playbook. Moreover, the Knicks finished last in the league in blocked shots per game. In Walsh intends to fix this problem, he’ll have to do so via trade. Our sources tells us The Wizards are looking for more post scoring and have long been impressed with Curry’s power game. With Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld looking for more minutes for the 6-11 Andray Blatche and factoring in the return of center Etan Thomas & draft selection of 7-0 rookie JaVale McGee, Washington may look to part with Brendan Haywood (10.6 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 1.7 bpg) in exchange. Haywood is set to earn $5.5M next season.

Originally Posted by George M.
    Here's and idea that should be looked at.
    For those who watched the Suns offense closely, the high screen/roll is a staple of D’Antoni’s playbook. Moreover, the Knicks finished last in the league in blocked shots per game. In Walsh intends to fix this problem, he’ll have to do so via trade. Our sources tells us The Wizards are looking for more post scoring and have long been impressed with Curry’s power game. With Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld looking for more minutes for the 6-11 Andray Blatche and factoring in the return of center Etan Thomas & draft selection of 7-0 rookie JaVale McGee, Washington may look to part with Brendan Haywood (10.6 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 1.7 bpg) in exchange. Haywood is set to earn $5.5M next season.
    Not to undermine your trade, but are we sure The Wiz are impressed with Eddy's game or is that a matter of opinion. Don't get me wrong this whole thread is based off a likely bogus trade proposal, but I'm just trying to gauge the likely hood of this move, because it is a good proposal

Darius Sangolia and Haywood would work, both players come off the books a year before Chub Rock.
    Last edited by New New York; Aug 14, 2008 at 19:41.

Originally Posted by New New York
    Not to undermine your trade, but are we sure The Wiz are impressed with Eddy's game or is that a matter of opinion. Don't get me wrong this whole thread is based off a likely bogus trade proposal, but I'm just trying to gauge the likely hood of this move, because it is a good proposal

Darius Sangolia and Haywood would work, both players come off the books a year before Chub Rock.
    I got that off of the Garden Grasp.

Originally Posted by George M.
    I got that off of the Garden Grasp.
    that's a good site for straight Knick info.

Veteran

Get rid of half-court players Marbury & Crawford, and put the Ball in Combo-Guard Nate Robinson hands for 35 minutes per game, and you will see why slow-motion players like Q.Rich, Zach, Curry, Malik, James, and weakass Jefferies dont belong on a roster which has D'Antoni as head coach.

I think if we keep full-court players like 6.2 Marbury and 5.7 Nate Robinson the Knicks will have their first winning season in a long time!!!!

Get rid of the Slow-Mo's

Slow motion players like 6.6 Richardson, 6.11 Eddy Curry, and 6.9 Zach Randolph will not be able to play in Head Coach Mike D'antoni's system. If we can get 6.9 Sean Williams for 5.7 Nate Robinson then lets do it.

6.5 Jamal Crawford is turnover prone. We need to trade him for a shooting guard who if nothing else can take care of the ball and defend.

Fire General Manager Donnie Walsh and head coach Mike D'antoni. Both of them will pick up right where former head coach/gm Isiah Thomas left off.

If we do these 3 things the New York Knicks will make the playoffs!!!

You paging your inner Kiyaman using those bolds and listing player heights. What is it with him and posting player heights anyway? were all fans we know the heights of the players.

Im not sure why kiyaman always includes players heights. I saw a couple of your kiyaman impersonations...one of them i think 2 weeks ago was real good