Cleverland's Morning Journal has Cavs talking to Knicks about a big man.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Interesting article....hate to give up Lee...but Delonte could be a decent fit...certainly seems that Z and Curry aren't likely....oh well, dare to dream
http://mvn.com/nba-cavaliers/2008/08/18/report-cavs-talking-to-knicks-about-a-big-man/

I saw that article too, but, I think that is a fan website. The article suggest that the Cavs are "all set" with a frontcourt of Ben Wallace and Z. David Lee is a great rebounder and hustle player and they have that in Wallace. They need a scoring big man who can step out and knock down the J to space the floor for Lebron or who Lebron can kick to when he is doubled down on. Not to mention Anderson Verajo's game is nearly identical to D. Lee.

In my humble opinion if the Knicks and Cavs are talking it is about Zach

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
That article states giving Lebron James the running rebounding double-double PF he had in Boozer for 30 mpg in "Mr. David Lee".
I could see David Lee getting better each season with Lebron.

Do I trust Walsh & D'Antoni to say NO to trading David Lee? NO!
I dont trust the two with a team that does'nt have a foundation.
Donnie Walsh has proven clearly that he can only trade tradeable players.
This offseason if Larry Bird is able to trade that ridiculous contract that Walsh gave Tinsley, then I know the Knicks made the wrong move in hiring Donnie Walsh.

Why are you so bitter. What did D'Antoni and Walsh ever do to you? Walsh should get credit for making conservative moves. If Thomas were still in charge he would have moved Crawford for Michael Red and added 8 to 10 million to the team salary. Walsh knows we need to cut salary and get a new pg. Phase one is complete, now on to phase two.

Curry is the most untradable center in the league. He makes 10 million a year and can't block a shot. We all need to stop hating on Randolph. I would keep him if it wasn't for his salary. Lots of teams would love a big man that can rebound and score from anywhere.

Blas

Benchwarmer
Some people aren't patient and want fast results. I mean look how fast we jump on articles that talk about possible trades for X player. The media knows that us fans want quick fixes and a championship and they are probably feeding off that by putting out these articles based off some "small" rumor.

metrocard

Legend
This should be the trade we should be AIMING for.

Nothing else is better.
Trade all contracts that exceed 2010.

New York Knicks trade
Jamal Crawford
Eddy Curry
Zach Randolph
Jared Jefferies

Cleveland Cavs trade
Ben Wallace - 1 year
Wally Szczerbiak - expiring
Eric Snow - 1 year
Aleksandar Pavlovic - 1 year.

Cleveland gets all the scoring they need with Crawford, Randolph, and Curry, plus a defensive stopper in Jefferies.

Cleveland =

PG - Williams/Gibson
SG - Crawford/West/Kinsey
SF - James/Jefferies
PF - Randolph/Varejao/Hickson
C - Ilgaukus/Curry

50 win team.

New York gets a SHOT BLOCKER, shoot, and slasher...could waive Snow

Knicks =

PG - Marbury/Duhon/Robinson
SG - Pavlovic/Richardson
SF - Chandler/Szserbiak/Gallinari
PF - Lee/Gallinari
C - Wallace/Lee

Excellence.

Paul1355

All Star

Nothing else is better.

New York Knicks trade
Jamal Crawford
Eddy Curry
Zach Randolph
Jared Jefferies

Cleveland Cavs trade
Ben Wallace - 1 year
Eric Snow - 1 year

Cleveland gets all the scoring they need with Crawford, Randolph, and Curry, plus a defensive stopper in Jefferies.

Cleveland =

PG - Williams/Gibson
SF - James/Jefferies
C - Ilgaukus/Curry

50 win team.

Knicks =

SG - Pavlovic/Richardson
PF - Lee/Gallinari
C - Wallace/Lee

Excellence.

sounds like a dream trade but honestly any team would be utterly retarded to get Zach, Curry, and Crawford together when they won 23 games all as starters, if anything you trade one to each team. Plus the Cavs would have so many salaries they want to dump, why would they get all these guys when most of their players are coming off salaries? If anything the Cavs would want to keep them just for that reason and then get big names like we are planning on doing in a year or two. I can see the Cavs getting rid of Wally and Snow but the other two in Pavlovic and Wallace can be useful in certain situations.

Kiyaman

Legend
Why are you so bitter. What did D'Antoni and Walsh ever do to you? Walsh should get credit for making conservative moves. If Thomas were still in charge he would have moved Crawford for Michael Red and added 8 to 10 million to the team salary. Walsh knows we need to cut salary and get a new pg. Phase one is complete, now on to phase two.

Curry is the most untradable center in the league. He makes 10 million a year and can't block a shot. We all need to stop hating on Randolph. I would keep him if it wasn't for his salary. Lots of teams would love a big man that can rebound and score from anywhere.

I know you had to be smoking some powerful shit to say what you said above and believe it.
Redd is ten times the player that Crawford would ever be. At least his poor defense fronts his man well enough not to pass by him all the time.

Your wrong about Curry being an untradeable center, alot of teams have the right coaching-staff to make Curry a strong factor in their offense.
I have not seen any team knocking down any Knick doors to get a 20/10 Zach Randolph, who been on the trading block since November deadline.
Stop thinking that $50 million dollars for the next 3 seasons for a 20/10 PF is alot of money, when that is a big dream for any team who plans are to go to the Postseason games. Teams would luv to get Bosh, West, Lewis, J.O'Neal, Dunkin, KG, Rasheed, Gasol, Boozer, ect., for $50 million for 3 seasons.
Zach Randolph is a spreading CANCER at $5 million for 5 years.

What did Walsh & D'Antoni do to me, they accepted a JOB of my 40 year Home Team that they are clueless about. They are another Laydumb & dum-dum Isiah Thomas together.

I saw that article too, but, I think that is a fan website. The article suggest that the Cavs are "all set" with a frontcourt of Ben Wallace and Z. David Lee is a great rebounder and hustle player and they have that in Wallace. They need a scoring big man who can step out and knock down the J to space the floor for Lebron or who Lebron can kick to when he is doubled down on. Not to mention Anderson Verajo's game is nearly identical to D. Lee.

In my humble opinion if the Knicks and Cavs are talking it is about Zach

New York N.Y., you and Donchris are smoking together, I see.
Ben Wallace is too slow for President Dumars to raise his value above $7 million. He failed every expectation of Paxon in Chicago, and made Lebron have to play to a halfcourt game everytime he was on the court.
The Cavs want Lebron to resign not ask to be traded by adding another Halfcourt playing PF-Zach Randolph.
Lebron is a runner.
Big-Z has proven to be the Big-Man Jumpshooter your talking about.
They did not trade for Ben Wallace jumpshot did they?
David Lee would be the perfect complimetary player for Lebron this season, especially with Lee hustle-chemistry playing for a high long contract with the Cavs to make Lebron think only about resigning.

GetRealistic

Starter
So Kiya, Donnie Walsh is intentionally not trading Randolph? Give me one concrete trade offer he recieved that hasn't been written off some blog or fan site?

I can only remember one trade, and that was Randolph, a our 2010 first round pick for Brevin Knight (big contract) and a 2009 second round pick. Thats the ONE AND ONLY trade that Donnie has been presented with.

50 million over three years for a guy who has never been on a winning team and who DIDN'T AVERAGE 20 AND 10 last season is tough contract to trade. Zach has off the court baggage and has gotten into some lockerroom room disputes. You think other GM's don't do their homework.

You also say that with the right coaching Curry could be a force, well if you believe that why do we want him to be a force for another team. As far as starting centers go his contract isn't that bad. Compared to the other contracts on this team his is the least of our worries.

You gotta remember this, Donnie didn't trade for Marbury. Donnie didn't trade Kurt Thomas. Donnie didn't sign both JJ's. Donnie didn't waste the 7th pick on Micheal Sweetney. Donnie didn't draft Channing Fyre. Donnie didn't do a sign and trade for Crawford and Curry. I could go on but you get the point.

I give you that Donnie hasn't done much positive yet, but its only been a few months. I think he's done some good things thus far considering its only August.

Hired a proven coach
Drafted a highly touted prospect
Signed a much needed true point guard

New New York

Quiet Storm

Nothing else is better.

New York Knicks trade
Jamal Crawford
Eddy Curry
Zach Randolph
Jared Jefferies

Cleveland Cavs trade
Ben Wallace - 1 year
Eric Snow - 1 year

Cleveland =

PG - Williams/Gibson
SF - James/Jefferies
C - Ilgaukus/Curry

50 win team.

Knicks =

SG - Pavlovic/Richardson
PF - Lee/Gallinari
C - Wallace/Lee

Excellence.

No disrespect but that deal would get Danny Ferry fired on the spot. No team is taking on any teams three biggest contracts unless your talking about getting Peirce,Garnett,and Allen.If you were a Cavs fan would you applaude this trade? Zach and Eddy failed horribly for us how could we sell that frontcourt and a bust like Jefferies to any GM?
Now I have suggested Jamal and Zach in a package which would help a team like The Cavs, but the fact remains with Mo Williams even that isnt needed so much, Delonte West and Jamal is more of a balanced backcourt. I think Q Rich would be a better fit with a scoring PG like Mo Williams, but I wouldnt want to give him up because he can start at two positions for us. The only player that The Cavs really need from us is Zach

A new rumor has us taking Delonte West in a deal for Zach, but ofcourse the salaries do not match so other players need to be involved. Anyways here's the linkhttp://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9798

The best deal is Wally for Z

People say that Zach is too selfish on a team like The Cavs that is exactly what is needed. Our whole starting five consists of players that would be a great contribution to Championship contender but just suck collectively. For instance Steph would help get Kobe his first post Shaq ring or Boston their second. Q (in shape) would do very well with The Spurs. I think Zach is a major missing peice for The Cavs, I'd still say they would need a shooter like a Peja or even a Korver, they have Wally but ofcourse he is needed to acquire Zach.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I know you had to be smoking some powerful shit to say what you said above and believe it.
Redd is ten times the player that Crawford would ever be. At least his poor defense fronts his man well enough not to pass by him all the time.

Your wrong about Curry being an untradeable center, alot of teams have the right coaching-staff to make Curry a strong factor in their offense.
I have not seen any team knocking down any Knick doors to get a 20/10 Zach Randolph, who been on the trading block since November deadline.
Stop thinking that $50 million dollars for the next 3 seasons for a 20/10 PF is alot of money, when that is a big dream for any team who plans are to go to the Postseason games. Teams would luv to get Bosh, West, Lewis, J.O'Neal, Dunkin, KG, Rasheed, Gasol, Boozer, ect., for $50 million for 3 seasons.

What did Walsh & D'Antoni do to me, they accepted a JOB of my 40 year Home Team that they are clueless about. They are another Laydumb & dum-dum Isiah Thomas together.

Ben Wallace is too slow for President Dumars to raise his value above $7 million. He failed every expectation of Paxon in Chicago, and made Lebron have to play to a halfcourt game everytime he was on the court.
The Cavs want Lebron to resign not ask to be traded by adding another Halfcourt playing PF-Zach Randolph.
Lebron is a runner.
David Lee would be the perfect complimetary player for Lebron this season, especially with Lee hustle-chemistry playing for a high long contract with the Cavs to make Lebron think only about resigning.

Kiya your post are like a train wreck; you know it's going to be bad but you just have to watch or in this case read anyways! Honestly there is almost no need to reply because you really have your own logic that no one else shares, but I'll try to explain to you where I'm coming from.

You're right The Cavs didnt trade for Ben because he could hit the jumper, but what Ben Wallace brings to the table didnt help The Cavs get past the Celtics and back to East Finals, so they now need to take a new approach. Now, if you watched The Celtics/Cavs series you would've seen that Joe Smith was the PF they were using to knock down short open J's to spread the floor for Lebron a little. This strategy worked pretty well, but, Joe just couldnt be relied on too heavily so as a result The Cavs lost in seven. Joe Smith is no longer a Cav, and The Cavs still need another big who can knock down the J, score down low and rebound. Get it Kiya?

dre48ny

Rotation player
Looks like it might be ZBO:

Randolph to the Cavs?

"So here we go. The only team that's really being talked about in terms of needing another deal to get serious about 2008-09 NBA season is the Cleveland Cavaliers At the same time, we have the New York Knicks constantly in the rumor mill with talks about trading Zach Randolph. He was nearly traded to the Milwaukee Bucks at the trade deadline and is now the subject of many different discussions.

So let's put a couple of stories together and see what we get.

The New York Knicks are going to make a move to lose Stephon Marbury in the near future. The Cavaliers are weighing their options with the now-superfluous Delonte West. Last season you could probably have sold the Knicks on Ben Wallace, but the new regime isn't about to fall for that. So what if the Knicks and Cavs came to an agreement on a package deal that would send West to New York and Randolph to Cleveland?

The Cavs needs a scoring option at the four and Randolph can score with the best of them. The Knicks may or may not be ready to completely hand the team over to Chris Duhon, who hasn't been a full time starter since his rookie season. Adding West would give them some options.

We're going to hear a lot of speculation about the Cavaliers until they make a move that really helps them keep pace with the ever-improving East. Bringing in Randolph would be the kind of move that would end all speculation. The Cavaliers would be a force to be reckoned with."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9798

What do you guys think????

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Looks like it might be ZBO:

Randolph to the Cavs?

"So here we go. The only team that's really being talked about in terms of needing another deal to get serious about 2008-09 NBA season is the Cleveland Cavaliers At the same time, we have the New York Knicks constantly in the rumor mill with talks about trading Zach Randolph. He was nearly traded to the Milwaukee Bucks at the trade deadline and is now the subject of many different discussions.

So let's put a couple of stories together and see what we get.

The New York Knicks are going to make a move to lose Stephon Marbury in the near future. The Cavaliers are weighing their options with the now-superfluous Delonte West. Last season you could probably have sold the Knicks on Ben Wallace, but the new regime isn't about to fall for that. So what if the Knicks and Cavs came to an agreement on a package deal that would send West to New York and Randolph to Cleveland?

The Cavs needs a scoring option at the four and Randolph can score with the best of them. The Knicks may or may not be ready to completely hand the team over to Chris Duhon, who hasn't been a full time starter since his rookie season. Adding West would give them some options.

We're going to hear a lot of speculation about the Cavaliers until they make a move that really helps them keep pace with the ever-improving East. Bringing in Randolph would be the kind of move that would end all speculation. The Cavaliers would be a force to be reckoned with."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9798

What do you guys think????

alot of the "team starbury" are going commit suicide, i wont mind delonte, he plays good D, good shot blocker for a person at his height, im more comfortable wit delonte starting then duhon(thats if stephon not here), im good wit that trade

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
So Kiya, Donnie Walsh is intentionally not trading Randolph? Give me one concrete trade offer he recieved that hasn't been written off some blog or fan site?

I can only remember one trade, and that was Randolph, a our 2010 first round pick for Brevin Knight (big contract) and a 2009 second round pick. Thats the ONE AND ONLY trade that Donnie has been presented with.

50 million over three years for a guy who has never been on a winning team and who DIDN'T AVERAGE 20 AND 10 last season is tough contract to trade. Zach has off the court baggage and has gotten into some lockerroom room disputes. You think other GM's don't do their homework.

You also say that with the right coaching Curry could be a force, well if you believe that why do we want him to be a force for another team. As far as starting centers go his contract isn't that bad. Compared to the other contracts on this team his is the least of our worries.

You gotta remember this, Donnie didn't trade for Marbury. Donnie didn't trade Kurt Thomas. Donnie didn't sign both JJ's. Donnie didn't waste the 7th pick on Micheal Sweetney. Donnie didn't draft Channing Fyre. Donnie didn't do a sign and trade for Crawford and Curry. I could go on but you get the point.

I give you that Donnie hasn't done much positive yet, but its only been a few months. I think he's done some good things thus far considering its only August.

Hired a proven coach
Drafted a highly touted prospect
Signed a much needed true point guard
I'm not defending Zach Randolph, this is just facts. Zach Randolph played on 3 winning Blazers teams. The Blazers were 49-33, in the 2001-2002 season, 50-32, in the 2002-2003 season, and 41-41, in the 2003-2004 season.

Eddy Curry has the second worst contract on this team. He makes 31 million dollars, over the next 3 years. That's the second worst, after Randolph. Marbury's contract isn't as bad as their's, because his is expiring. Crawford has 28 million, Jeffries has 19 million, Richardson has 17 million, James has 13 million, and Rose has 7.5 million.

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
This trade if it goes through could actually backfire on the Knicks. Zack might just be what the Cavs need to move into championship contention. Playing with Lebron is exactly what Zach needs. With Lebron's leadership (Lebron's legacy when all is said and done will be measured as much by his leadership skills as his basketball skills) Zach will become a winning player and the Cavs a championship team. If this occurs then Lebron re-ups with the Cavs and 2 years of manuevering to get under the cap falls by the wayside.

Yes I know there are other good players coming free in 2010 but Lebron is the shining star.

Wade is a great player (not a superstar) who has not shown (ala Kobe) that he can lead his team to the promised land without the diesel.

Bosh is also good but unless Chandler and Gallo pan out to be all-stars he would lead us into years of mediocrity.

Paul1355

All Star
This trade if it goes through could actually backfire on the Knicks. Zack might just be what the Cavs need to move into championship contention. Playing with Lebron is exactly what Zach needs. With Lebron's leadership (Lebron's legacy when all is said and done will be measured as much by his leadership skills as his basketball skills) Zach will become a winning player and the Cavs a championship team. If this occurs then Lebron re-ups with the Cavs and 2 years of manuevering to get under the cap falls by the wayside.

Yes I know there are other good players coming free in 2010 but Lebron is the shining star.

Wade is a great player (not a superstar) who has not shown (ala Kobe) that he can lead his team to the promised land without the diesel.

Bosh is also good but unless Chandler and Gallo pan out to be all-stars he would lead us into years of mediocrity.

How can this backfire? we don't have a player in Lebron James to make Zach better. Zach and any other offensive PF would obviously do better with a player like Lebron helping him out and dishing him good passes. Wade is a superstar just look at him in the Olympics and the past. Take in mind that he is 6'4 with finesse skills were Lebron is a towering 6'8 with extreme power to add to his amazing athleticism. Lebron has more pros physically but that doesnt make Wade not a superstar. Ever since the 04-05 season he has averaged 24 ppg or higher every year along with over 6 assists, 1 steal and averaged over 1 block per game in the 04-05 season and the 06-07 season. Also averaged above 46% field goal percentage in all of his years and goes to the foul line more than most players in the NBA, his FT% would be better if it was in the high 80's but high 70's to 80% is decent, which he is now. He is a superstar and one of the few in the NBA. Injuries have hurt him the past two years but his numbers are solid and the players around him have not been helping in those two years also.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

Lebron is a runner.

Here's the problem, Knicks fans overstate alot of things. They think Allan Houston is their lord and savior when in reality is was a great shooter, they think Zach Randolph is a 'cancer' because what, he's paid a max contract for good performance with a bad team (the Blazers) and doesn't pass much?

Here's my argument, risk over reward, pros verses cons. Randolph doesn't pass that often, doesn't think much about man on man defense and may or may not fit in with D'Antoni's coaching style, but he's a 20'10 guy that can score anywhere he wants nearly any time he wants. No one said we shouldn't trade for Randolph because he doesn't pass out of double teams. People said he's good enough to shoot and score over double teams. This will be beneficial to many, many teams. And again, the Knicks should only look to shop Randolph because of his contract and the current players we have on the roster. That's not a reflection on Randolph, he just doesn't fit with the players we currently have. Ex. You don't need Curry, Lee, Randolph on the same squad.

Here's the irony, a year ago I suggested the Knicks trade Curry for Wallace and everyone bashed it. I said then that Wallace/Randolph would be a killer front court. We are about to see if I was right except it may be with the Cavs if they don't trade Wallace.

Kiyaman

Legend
Donchris, Allan Houston was a quiet peremeter shooter that will score 20 points thoughout a game inwhich nobody really noticed because eyes were always on Ewing, Starks, or Spree.
He received that big contract for that last shot in the playoffs that beat the number-one winning team in the NBA the Miami Heat vs Knick series in the first round.

Once Portland traded Rasheed Wallace who held the Blazers together untill he was traded in the middle of the 2003-4 season for 20/10 Abdul Raheem and C-Ratliff, the true Zach Randolph selfishness appeared to show his true colors of team-cancer in Portland. Acting as if he was the Franchise Player of the team, when never getting back on defense where every PF in the West average 20 or more points on Portland once Rasheed left.

During Lebron, Wade, Melo, and Bosh rookie season the Miami Heat had the poorest roster during that draft. All Miami added that offseason was a full season of Coach Stan Van Gundy, Wade, Odom, and Toronto FA PG-Alston (Skip). The leadership of coach Stan Van Gundy with SG/SF-Eddie Jones lead the Miami Heat to the 2nd round in the Postseason games.
That is how great "Dwayne Wade" performance is with "Team-Players" in his lineup.

Lebron James had to clean-out all the individual-players on the Cavs roster his rookie season, which everyone thought was impossible to do except for G.M. Danny Ferry.

I am going to state my opinion in a "2010 Plan" POST on the solution for the Knicks once they kick Isiah Thomas out of New York. It is not a 2010 plan.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
The problem here is Randolph is extremely talented. He averages a double double and can dominate the paint on the offensive side. I have to admit, a few years back I suggested in a post that the Knicks trade for him. I also pushed for a Curry trade once Zach was a Knick and everyone in the forum said I was nuts (You can see the post and replies).
The Knicks are in a loose loose situation with Zach. IF they keep him and it's the same old story, then Walsh did a poor job. If they trade him to a team like Cleveland and he excels and the Cavs win... Then Walsh did a poor job.
The reality is that the Knicks have 2 soft post players in the paint that don't pass the ball and don't play D. Either player could go to another team and with the right lineup, have a break out season. The Knicks have to bite the bullet and make a decision. They do not need both of these guys and they have some holes to address. If trading Randolph gets helps the Knicks address a need; then so be it. You can't worry if the other team will benefit more or less the you....
The Knicks need to let the LaBron James lottery go and just worry about making this team better through drafting and SMART trades!! Get the available player that addresses a need... If no one is out there like that, then stay the course and what ever you do; do not pull an Isiah and make a trade just to make a trade.
By the way, the same goes for Lee; If packaging Lee in a trade or straight up gets the Knicks closer to becoming a consistent force again; I am all for it!
I do not want Raymond Felton for Lee but I would use Lee to get Raymond and Wallace... Let the Knicks be the receiving end for a change; instead of other teams benefiting from us!!!!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The problem here is Randolph is extremely talented. He averages a double double and can dominate the paint on the offensive side. I have to admit, a few years back I suggested in a post that the Knicks trade for him. I also pushed for a Curry trade once Zach was a Knick and everyone in the forum said I was nuts (You can see the post and replies).
The Knicks are in a loose loose situation with Zach. IF they keep him and it's the same old story, then Walsh did a poor job. If they trade him to a team like Cleveland and he excels and the Cavs win... Then Walsh did a poor job.
The reality is that the Knicks have 2 soft post players in the paint that don't pass the ball and don't play D. Either player could go to another team and with the right lineup, have a break out season. The Knicks have to bite the bullet and make a decision. They do not need both of these guys and they have some holes to address. If trading Randolph gets helps the Knicks address a need; then so be it. You can't worry if the other team will benefit more or less the you....
The Knicks need to let the LaBron James lottery go and just worry about making this team better through drafting and SMART trades!! Get the available player that addresses a need... If no one is out there like that, then stay the course and what ever you do; do not pull an Isiah and make a trade just to make a trade.
By the way, the same goes for Lee; If packaging Lee in a trade or straight up gets the Knicks closer to becoming a consistent force again; I am all for it!
I do not want Raymond Felton for Lee but I would use Lee to get Raymond and Wallace... Let the Knicks be the receiving end for a change; instead of other teams benefiting from us!!!!
I wanted the Knicks to trade Eddy Curry for Pau Gasol, after Curry had that 19.5 point season. I think the Knicks might've made the playoffs, with Gasol, Randolph, and Chandler in the front court. I was one of the few people that knew Curry wasn't going to keep his scoring spurt up, because he only played well for part of that season. Honestly, I just thought Isiah Thomas was flashing Curry that season. But Isiah Thomas was actually trying to make Curry the star. I guess it backfired. lol I think it's good to know that you and Metro also wanted Curry to get traded.

metrocard

Legend
No disrespect but that deal would get Danny Ferry fired on the spot. No team is taking on any teams three biggest contracts unless your talking about getting Peirce,Garnett,and Allen.If you were a Cavs fan would you applaude this trade? Zach and Eddy failed horribly for us how could we sell that frontcourt and a bust like Jefferies to any GM?
Now I have suggested Jamal and Zach in a package which would help a team like The Cavs, but the fact remains with Mo Williams even that isnt needed so much, Delonte West and Jamal is more of a balanced backcourt. I think Q Rich would be a better fit with a scoring PG like Mo Williams, but I wouldnt want to give him up because he can start at two positions for us. The only player that The Cavs really need from us is Zach

A new rumor has us taking Delonte West in a deal for Zach, but ofcourse the salaries do not match so other players need to be involved. Anyways here's the linkhttp://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9798

The best deal is Wally for Z

People say that Zach is too selfish on a team like The Cavs that is exactly what is needed. Our whole starting five consists of players that would be a great contribution to Championship contender but just suck collectively. For instance Steph would help get Kobe his first post Shaq ring or Boston their second. Q (in shape) would do very well with The Spurs. I think Zach is a major missing peice for The Cavs, I'd still say they would need a shooter like a Peja or even a Korver, they have Wally but ofcourse he is needed to acquire Zach.

Says who?

Cleveland is terrible at offensive support.

Crawford, Randolph, and Curry all would take pressure off Lebron.

That could seriously open up a lot of things for Cleveland and their already elite defense.

Sell???

They score points.
Cleveland needs guys who can score in isolation besides Lebron.

Crawford and Williams will play OFF guard, if you know what that is; Lebron is the POINT FORWARD.

Having 2 scoring guards playing off the ball would benefit Lebron in the best way possible, especially two established vets like Mo and Ja.

LOL @ Zach being the missing piece for Cleveland.

Chill homie.

Zach, Crawford, and Curry all would be assets.

Not the missing piece.