Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Knicks 2010 Plan on salary cap relief

what kind of moves? we can't sign anyone that can really help the team because we are over the cap. we can't make any trades because nobody wants any of our players, at least without ripping us off.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Knick Fans that are dedicated to this Knick team and organization may not like this Post. But the truth has always been something hard to swallow at times. Polls have the Knicks as dead last in the East.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There were to many elite teams last season that did not have any of the 2010 FA on it. The Knicks are holding themselves in a prison by not going after a sign and trade in the 2008 or 2009 FA class because of some stupid 2010 plan.

Donnie Walsh committed the biggest false accusation that makes Isiah Thomas look like a choireboy. Marbury $21 million and Malik Rose $8 million comes off the Knicks salary cap after the 2008-9 season. That works well with lowering the salary-cap because they can be replace by a cheaper Nate & Balkman. Giving the Clippers Zach Randolph for nothing in return was a Knick blessing when you have a cheap replacement like David Lee in his ending contract season.

Whatever the offer the L.A Clippers gave to the Knicks to get rid of a $48 million cancer contract player that makes his teammates performance poor the Knicks was supposed to grab it and run to the border. Especially when you dont have to take on any contract bigger than $8 million in exchange for a $48 million contract player that only adds distraction to his team. The Knicks should donate a first round pick as a bonus to the Clippers for that deal. It would've put the Knicks into leverage to sign an expensive free agent in the 2009 and 2010 offseason with the big contracts of Marbury, Rose, Q.Rich, James, and Zach deleted from the salary cap. That's the samething as deducting $58 million from the Knicks annual $93 million salary cap, leaving the Knicks with a $35 million salary cap inwhich they can sign a free agent and resign Lee & Nate in 2009 plus pickup a decent draft pick after their last poor season in the NBA.

With the Knicks having a .500 plus season in the 2009-10 season would give them a better chance at getting an elite player in the 2010 offseason in either FA market or in a trade.

Donnie Walsh 2010 Plan is full of it, and in every post and response that members been making in this forum to improve the Knicks have this phoney 2010 plan indicated in what they say. It has become pitiful when even Walsh dont believe in his own 2010 plan.

This offseason USA Olympic Team which have alot of the Elite 2010 Free Agents on it will be looking to hook-up first with fellow USA Olympic teammates in the NBA during FA, like Kobe, Chris Paul, Deron & Boozer, Redd & Jefferson, and Superman Dwight Howard who team last season beat every elite team in the NBA.

Donnie has to stress draft picks, we need more.

Veteran

I put up my own 2009 Eastern Conference Postseason teams in this forum which was not approved by certain members for reason that the Knicks were not in the Post Season ranking. LOL

If I would have added the Knicks in the Postseason ranking the Post would've been accepted to chat about. But I would have looked like an optimistic fool.

Here is the Eastern Conference Ranking by SI.
    They have the Orlando Magic as 3rd in their ranking, where I had them at 6th.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

However, they also have the Knicks as dead last in the East Conference (Lottery Team).
    And everyone wondered why I called Donnie Walsh an idiot at the hiring of (idiot) celebrity coach D'Antoni.

Maybe your the only one who is suprised that were ranked last. I thourghly expected us to be ranked close to the bottom. We won 23 games last season and have the same core players returning. God himself could be the coach/GM and we'd still be ranked last.

I expect us to be a lottery team, and most posters over the age of of 18 all can see that and expect us to be a bad team.

Also i wouldn't put much stake into what SI has to say. Didn't SI have us making the playoffs last season?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Maybe your the only one who is suprised that were ranked last. I thourghly expected us to be ranked close to the bottom. We won 23 games last season and have the same core players returning. God himself could be the coach/GM and we'd still be ranked last.

I expect us to be a lottery team
    , and most posters over the age of of 18 all can see that and expect us to be a bad team.

Also i wouldn't put much stake into what SI has to say. Didn't SI have us making the playoffs last season?
    Wow, amazing prediction..only you GetReal..only you.