Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallo still hurting after lone SL game

Default Gallo still hurting after lone SL game

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Italian Stallion's back is still not 100 percent.

Still resting an injured back he suffered during summer league in Las Vegas last month, KnicksNew York Knicks first-round pick Danilo Gallinari has withdrawn from the Italian National Team, which kicks off today its Eurobasket Qualifier tournament vs. Serbia.

According to Gallinari's father, Vittorio, his 6-10 Italian prodigy will sit out all the games so he can be fully healthy when the Knicks kick off training camp in their new site Sept. 30 in Saratoga. Italy did not qualify for the 2008 Games so it must start the process of making it in 2012.

A source said Gallinari made the decision on his own, though the Knicks are relieved he is not playing and are appreciative considering they know how much playing for the Italian National Team means to him.

Gallinari played just one summer-league game, injuring his back in his lone contest, after getting knocked around by Cleveland's Tractor Traylor. Gallinari sat out the final four games, raising questions about his durability for his rookie season.

The Knicks announced only Gallinari had sustained a sore back and was not more specific. Knicks president Donnie Walsh said yesterday he can't comment on Gallinari's injury because of HIPPA laws.

However, Knicks brass believes Gallinari showed enough offensive versatility to make the rotation this season and believes he will get stronger by camp. His selection at No. 6 led directly to the club ridding itself of 2006 first-rounder Renaldo Balkman.
    This has me a bit worried...I know tractor is a big mofo - but more than a month has passed and the dude's back is still not right - I hope we don't have a next Q-Rich situation here!

not liking this at all

KnicksonLIN.com

Gallinari is going to end up like Steve Francis. lol

Seriously, though, I hope he doesn't get injured. If he gets injured, the Knicks will be forced to use Q-Hitch and overpaid Jeffries.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

he will b just fine. i sure if the regular season started tomorrow he would be playin. hes only gonna get about 15mins a game anyway next season. im sure the media is blowing this one up. the season is more than 2 months away.

Ok it has been proven that this is not a reoccurring injury, and in fact he is known for being pretty durable.

I don't think this injury is as serious as the media is making, but, I dont think that it just some simple back pains.

But,Remember it is not as if he was taking out of the game, he still played through the pain, I think he'll be just fine.

I guess there isn't any problem with his back. It is just a good option for Gallo to get out of the qualifier tournament in order to get ready for his first NBA season. Blaming his absence on an injury is the best way not to affront anybody in Italy.

as long as he's good when practices hit again i'm content.

Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This has me a bit worried...I know tractor is a big mofo - but more than a month has passed and the dude's back is still not right - I hope we don't have a next Q-Rich situation here!
    hi all ,I am a new member of forumI have some news on gallinari, in this video he speaks about his back and summer league( he speaks only in italian but I translate for you) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] gallo said that he feels good but his recovery is very long ( danilo is followed in Italy by Anthony Goenaga " Assistant Athletic Trainer of the Knicks" ) .He doesn't play for the national team for these months so he can be fully healthy when the Knicks kick off training camp (we are not like the Chinese) . he also said that the training camp was a good experience but he doesn't like these games because there is no teamwork. in the end of interview he said that his new house is in White Plains.

Originally Posted by Pres8
    hi all ,I am a new member of forumI have some news on gallinari, in this video he speaks about his back and summer league( he speaks only in italian but I translate for you) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] gallo said that he feels good but his recovery is very long ( danilo is followed in Italy by Anthony Goenaga " Assistant Athletic Trainer of the Knicks" ) .He doesn't play for the national team for these months so he can be fully healthy when the Knicks kick off training camp (we are not like the Chinese) . he also said that the training camp was a good experience but he doesn't like these games because there is no teamwork. in the end of interview he said that his new house is in White Plains.
    Welcome. Always good to see new members. Thanks for the translation.

It's interesting that he said he didn't like the summer league games because there was no teamwork. That means he's going to hate playing for the Knicks. The entire roster is a bunch of selfish players that don't know a thing about teamwork (except D Lee).

Typically I would find an artilce like this a bit troubling also, but I'm not too bothered this time because Berman has consistently been writing negative things about Gallinari. Then other sources refute him. I think he has some kind of "thing" for Gallinari and the new management because he rarely has anything positive to say other than about Marbury. LOL

pls someone break back of fat edy cury put in weelchair he not play this season plesae

god bless dirk

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Welcome. Always good to see new members. Thanks for the translation.

1)It's interesting that he said he didn't like the summer league games because there was no teamwork. 2)That means he's going to hate playing for the Knicks. The entire roster is a bunch of selfish players that don't know a thing about teamwork (except D Lee).
    1)you know that in all summerlegue there are players without a contract and they don't play like a team they play for themselves so there isn't teamwork! 2) I'm sure that next season the knicks will be a real team (Isiah Thomas was fired mike dantoni is a real coach and all his teams have done a teamwork) D Lee will be very important because he knows what is the teamwork(he is the only player whit gallo that I respect in this team) I think that knicks get Duhon because he passes the ball ,he is a real playmaker so I think that next season the knicks will have a teamwork better than this year

Veteran

When Mark Aquire coached the Knick SL team both offseason teams had team-work and chemistry on the court.
    When Hannerty coached lastseason SL team he had the best team-work and chemistry players in Vegas.

How come coach D'Antoni understudy who coached this Knick SL team had no team work? He and D'Antoni put the roster together and had Knick contract players practicing with the SL roster?

So far after 5 months of Donnie Walsh we seen the same performance we got from Isiah Thomas.
    Signing another SF with the first round pick, adding another coach Pet-Player to the team, and trading another young draft pick for a nothing player.
    Nothing changed when it look like the Knicks 2008-9 roster have the same players on it that caused TWO not one, but two 23 win seasons.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    When Mark Aquire coached the Knick SL team both offseason teams had team-work and chemistry on the court.
    When Hannerty coached lastseason SL team he had the best team-work and chemistry players in Vegas.

How come coach D'Antoni understudy who coached this Knick SL team had no team work? He and D'Antoni put the roster together and had Knick contract players practicing with the SL roster?

So far after 5 months of Donnie Walsh we seen the same performance we got from Isiah Thomas.
    Signing another SF with the first round pick, adding another coach Pet-Player to the team, and trading another young draft pick for a nothing player.
    Nothing changed when it look like the Knicks 2008-9 roster have the same players on it that caused TWO not one, but two 23 win seasons.
    ??? First off D'Antoni is obviously a different coach than Isiah, Isiah was not a player's coach because most of this team didn't even respect him were players are already busting their azz to be in shape for D'Antoni's fast-pace style....Lee, Q Rich and company. The players are excited for the first time in years to play basketball. The only trade the Knicks made was trading a bench SF in Balkman for a 2nd round pick, and we have Gallnari to replace him, finally some offensive skill and a player i hope won't blow 2 ft shots. You have absolutely no patience, what GM do you expect to make a million moves with the high priced players we got??? Give away Zach Randolph for nothing, that makes less sense than everything else. No one expects this year to be a huge turn around, even Donnie Walsh admitted this. We have basically the same players just new personel and right now Isiah fuked it up so bad that making a "good" move is extremely difficult.
    Ever since Isiah left it has been positive...players are more confident, our staff is better, the players respect their staff, the players work ethic is increasing, and our GM has a plan that I hope he won't screw up. Financially we are dead, so we have to wake up and get out of the "debt" area, and this 2010 plan is all about that, and hopefully landing a good player.