[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Got a concerning email from Italy....and, no, it wasn't from Stephon.

Danilo Gallinari's back still isn't 100 percent and now, with two weeks to go before training camp opens, the Knicks are starting to get concerned.

You may remember I shot down early speculation that Gallinari's back would be a long-term issue or was an example of him being fragile.

To that I say maybe I was wrong.

And fallibility is sexy, baby.

And early on we may be seeing more of Gallinari in his Armani suits than in his No. 8 jersey.

Gallo's not yet here in New York [bloghost note: Can someone explain why he hasn't he been here getting treatment since he left the Italian national team????] but he's expected to arrive sometime within the week to get settled in New York and prepare for camp, which opens Sept. 30 in Saratoga Springs.

If Gallinari is still experiencing pain in the back -- it's really more related to his hamstrings and hips -- I would be surprised if the Knicks would allow him to play through it.

But, on the bright side, Jerome James will have someone to hang with at courtside while the rest of the team is practicing.

Gallo took a beating in his first -- and only -- NBA Summer League game. He went up against Robert Traylor and the Tractor laid him out a few too many times.
This is not good!!!!
WTF - training camp is 2 weeks away and his back is still not right...
F*ck man - the knicks always have bad luck.