Gallo still hurting after lone SL game

Trin_Starr

Starter
http://www.nypost.com/seven/08202008/sports/knicks/knicks_danilo_says_no_to_italy_125209.htm

The Italian Stallion's back is still not 100 percent.

Still resting an injured back he suffered during summer league in Las Vegas last month, KnicksNew York Knicks first-round pick Danilo Gallinari has withdrawn from the Italian National Team, which kicks off today its Eurobasket Qualifier tournament vs. Serbia.

According to Gallinari's father, Vittorio, his 6-10 Italian prodigy will sit out all the games so he can be fully healthy when the Knicks kick off training camp in their new site Sept. 30 in Saratoga. Italy did not qualify for the 2008 Games so it must start the process of making it in 2012.

A source said Gallinari made the decision on his own, though the Knicks are relieved he is not playing and are appreciative considering they know how much playing for the Italian National Team means to him.

Gallinari played just one summer-league game, injuring his back in his lone contest, after getting knocked around by Cleveland's Tractor Traylor. Gallinari sat out the final four games, raising questions about his durability for his rookie season.

The Knicks announced only Gallinari had sustained a sore back and was not more specific. Knicks president Donnie Walsh said yesterday he can't comment on Gallinari's injury because of HIPPA laws.

However, Knicks brass believes Gallinari showed enough offensive versatility to make the rotation this season and believes he will get stronger by camp. His selection at No. 6 led directly to the club ridding itself of 2006 first-rounder Renaldo Balkman.

This has me a bit worried...I know tractor is a big mofo - but more than a month has passed and the dude's back is still not right - I hope we don't have a next Q-Rich situation here!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Gallinari is going to end up like Steve Francis. lol

Seriously, though, I hope he doesn't get injured. If he gets injured, the Knicks will be forced to use Q-Hitch and overpaid Jeffries.

moneyg

Starter
he will b just fine. i sure if the regular season started tomorrow he would be playin. hes only gonna get about 15mins a game anyway next season. im sure the media is blowing this one up. the season is more than 2 months away.:smokin:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ok it has been proven that this is not a reoccurring injury, and in fact he is known for being pretty durable.

I don't think this injury is as serious as the media is making, but, I dont think that it just some simple back pains.

But,Remember it is not as if he was taking out of the game, he still played through the pain, I think he'll be just fine.

pat

Starter
I guess there isn't any problem with his back. It is just a good option for Gallo to get out of the qualifier tournament in order to get ready for his first NBA season. Blaming his absence on an injury is the best way not to affront anybody in Italy.

Pres8

Rookie
http://www.nypost.com/seven/08202008/sports/knicks/knicks_danilo_says_no_to_italy_125209.htm

This has me a bit worried...I know tractor is a big mofo - but more than a month has passed and the dude's back is still not right - I hope we don't have a next Q-Rich situation here!
hi all ,I am a new member of forum:beer:I have some news on gallinari, in this video he speaks about his back and summer league( he speaks only in italian but I translate for you) http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-eayoL7yQ gallo said that he feels good but his recovery is very long ( danilo is followed in Italy by Anthony Goenaga " Assistant Athletic Trainer of the Knicks" ) .He doesn't play for the national team for these months so he can be fully healthy when the Knicks kick off training camp (we are not like the Chinese:whack:) . he also said that the training camp was a good experience but he doesn't like these games because there is no teamwork. in the end of interview he said that his new house is in White Plains. :thumbsup:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
hi all ,I am a new member of forum:beer:I have some news on gallinari, in this video he speaks about his back and summer league( he speaks only in italian but I translate for you) http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-eayoL7yQ gallo said that he feels good but his recovery is very long ( danilo is followed in Italy by Anthony Goenaga " Assistant Athletic Trainer of the Knicks" ) .He doesn't play for the national team for these months so he can be fully healthy when the Knicks kick off training camp (we are not like the Chinese:whack:) . he also said that the training camp was a good experience but he doesn't like these games because there is no teamwork. in the end of interview he said that his new house is in White Plains. :thumbsup:

Welcome. Always good to see new members. Thanks for the translation.

It's interesting that he said he didn't like the summer league games because there was no teamwork. That means he's going to hate playing for the Knicks. The entire roster is a bunch of selfish players that don't know a thing about teamwork (except D Lee).

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Typically I would find an artilce like this a bit troubling also, but I'm not too bothered this time because Berman has consistently been writing negative things about Gallinari. Then other sources refute him. I think he has some kind of "thing" for Gallinari and the new management because he rarely has anything positive to say other than about Marbury. LOL

Dirk

Benchwarmer
pls someone break back of fat edy cury put in weelchair he not play this season plesae

Pres8

Rookie
Welcome. Always good to see new members. Thanks for the translation.

1)It's interesting that he said he didn't like the summer league games because there was no teamwork. 2)That means he's going to hate playing for the Knicks. The entire roster is a bunch of selfish players that don't know a thing about teamwork (except D Lee).
1)you know that in all summerlegue there are players without a contract and they don't play like a team they play for themselves:2cents: so there isn't teamwork! 2) I'm sure that next season the knicks will be a real team :)barf:Isiah Thomas was fired:peace: mike dantoni is a real coach and all his teams have done a teamwork) D Lee will be very important because he knows what is the teamwork(he is the only player whit gallo that I respect in this team:thumbsup:) I think that knicks get Duhon because he passes the ball ,he is a real playmaker so I think that next season the knicks will have a teamwork better than this year:crossfingers:

Kiyaman

Legend
When Mark Aquire coached the Knick SL team both offseason teams had team-work and chemistry on the court.
When Hannerty coached lastseason SL team he had the best team-work and chemistry players in Vegas.

How come coach D'Antoni understudy who coached this Knick SL team had no team work? He and D'Antoni put the roster together and had Knick contract players practicing with the SL roster?

So far after 5 months of Donnie Walsh we seen the same performance we got from Isiah Thomas.
Signing another SF with the first round pick, adding another coach Pet-Player to the team, and trading another young draft pick for a nothing player.
Nothing changed when it look like the Knicks 2008-9 roster have the same players on it that caused TWO not one, but two 23 win seasons.

Paul1355

All Star
When Mark Aquire coached the Knick SL team both offseason teams had team-work and chemistry on the court.
When Hannerty coached lastseason SL team he had the best team-work and chemistry players in Vegas.

How come coach D'Antoni understudy who coached this Knick SL team had no team work? He and D'Antoni put the roster together and had Knick contract players practicing with the SL roster?

So far after 5 months of Donnie Walsh we seen the same performance we got from Isiah Thomas.
Signing another SF with the first round pick, adding another coach Pet-Player to the team, and trading another young draft pick for a nothing player.
Nothing changed when it look like the Knicks 2008-9 roster have the same players on it that caused TWO not one, but two 23 win seasons.

??? First off D'Antoni is obviously a different coach than Isiah, Isiah was not a player's coach because most of this team didn't even respect him were players are already busting their azz to be in shape for D'Antoni's fast-pace style....Lee, Q Rich and company. The players are excited for the first time in years to play basketball. The only trade the Knicks made was trading a bench SF in Balkman for a 2nd round pick, and we have Gallnari to replace him, finally some offensive skill and a player i hope won't blow 2 ft shots. You have absolutely no patience, what GM do you expect to make a million moves with the high priced players we got??? Give away Zach Randolph for nothing, that makes less sense than everything else. No one expects this year to be a huge turn around, even Donnie Walsh admitted this. We have basically the same players just new personel and right now Isiah fuked it up so bad that making a "good" move is extremely difficult.
Ever since Isiah left it has been positive...players are more confident, our staff is better, the players respect their staff, the players work ethic is increasing, and our GM has a plan that I hope he won't screw up. Financially we are dead, so we have to wake up and get out of the "debt" area, and this 2010 plan is all about that, and hopefully landing a good player.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Bad news guys

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/2008/09/gallinaris_backing_into_rookie.html

Got a concerning email from Italy....and, no, it wasn't from Stephon.

Danilo Gallinari's back still isn't 100 percent and now, with two weeks to go before training camp opens, the Knicks are starting to get concerned.

You may remember I shot down early speculation that Gallinari's back would be a long-term issue or was an example of him being fragile.

To that I say maybe I was wrong.

And fallibility is sexy, baby.

And early on we may be seeing more of Gallinari in his Armani suits than in his No. 8 jersey.

Gallo's not yet here in New York [bloghost note: Can someone explain why he hasn't he been here getting treatment since he left the Italian national team????] but he's expected to arrive sometime within the week to get settled in New York and prepare for camp, which opens Sept. 30 in Saratoga Springs.

If Gallinari is still experiencing pain in the back -- it's really more related to his hamstrings and hips -- I would be surprised if the Knicks would allow him to play through it.

But, on the bright side, Jerome James will have someone to hang with at courtside while the rest of the team is practicing.

Gallo took a beating in his first -- and only -- NBA Summer League game. He went up against Robert Traylor and the Tractor laid him out a few too many times.

This is not good!!!!
WTF - training camp is 2 weeks away and his back is still not right...
F*ck man - the knicks always have bad luck.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I loved this draft pick when they made it because I think he has many of the skills the Knicks need at SF.

I loved his second half performance in summer league.

However, the more research I do about his overall game and the more I hear about the injury, the more worried I get that we made a mistake (perhaps a big one). I hope I am wrong.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Email?? From whom?

There is not much detail in the report. Hahn gets an email from Italy? From whom? I do not think any one's back is ever 100%.

Lets not get too excited and down on Danilo until there is some detail from a source that is at least identified.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Sounds like Tractor traylor really beat up and bruised the big cock. Thats not good that hes still hurt, i remember hearing about his possible growth problem. My cock has no problem growing :lol:

Sorry, had to say it. But its too early to get real worried about this. If he misses a month or 2, big deal. As long as hes eventually playing and developing his game this year. Its not like hes likely to get big minutes right away anyways. We're not going far this year so i dont care...:(