Thread: Iranian Center has been cleared to sign with NBA teams

Hybrid View

Default Iranian Center has been cleared to sign with NBA teams

The US gov't has cleared the Center Hamed Ehadadi from Iran to play in the NBA. (Obviously because of the political tension)
    He averaged 16 points and 10 boards a game in the Olympics (including 21 points and 16 rebounds against Argentina) and has had a lot of hype in Asia. I see him as more of a project, but he does have some game. He can shoot too (even hit a buzzer beater from half court ) Do you see any teams taking he risk?? He is 7-2 and very mobile. I know the Knicks gave their mid level exemption to Duhon, so they probably can't place a bid. Is he just another overhyped foreigner???

Default Give him 2 years

Originally Posted by dre48ny
    The US gov't has cleared the Center Hamed Ehadadi from Iran to play in the NBA. (Obviously because of the political tension)
    He averaged 16 points and 10 boards a game in the Olympics (including 21 points and 16 rebounds against Argentina) and has had a lot of hype in Asia. I see him as more of a project, but he does have some game. He can shoot too (even hit a buzzer beater from half court ) Do you see any teams taking he risk?? He is 7-2 and very mobile. I know the Knicks gave their mid level exemption to Duhon, so they probably can't place a bid. Is he just another overhyped foreigner???
    If I were Donnie and I had a chance to get him, I'd give him a 2 year deal, we need a big man to protect the post and Curry/Zach doesnt do it on defense. And if he stunk after 2 years we can release him come 2010 and have more money to spend.

He is definitely in better shape than Curry. If Jerome would just retire maybe we could get an exception to sign him? Do you think he will be good in the NBA. Kind of reminds me of Rik Smits (Pacers), he wasn't that bad.

Originally Posted by dre48ny
    I have seen some of his matches,he is really good but I think that he should play in Europe 1 or 2 years and then go to nba because he play only in Iran , I think that he can improve a lot, he can shoot ,he is mobile and a good athlete.this is the player stats during the olympic game:[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] take a look to this video(he is a real center like divac)[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] he is young ,he was born 1985, I think that the knicks should get him because is a very good project he is better than eddy fat curry and zach hamburger randolph

I think the Grizzlies are interested.

KnicksonLIN.com

The Knicks can't sign him, because they spent their entire mid-level exception on the 5 point per game, on 38.7% shooting Duhon. That's why it isn't smart to sign the first player you see, for so much money. The only thing the Knicks can offer him is the minimum. There's going to be so many other teams with capspace and mid-level exceptions; he'll just sign with them for double, or even triple the minimum salary.

forget about that dude , I saw him in asian games he may look good in beijing but he will not be a good NBA player.. Hibbert is far far and way way better than him...

1. we can't sign him, realistically because we can't afford him
    2. we can't take another risk

We've already taken too many risks

Originally Posted by jpz17
    1. we can't sign him, realistically because we can't afford him
    2. we can't take another risk

We've already taken too many risks
    Maybe he should play in Isreal for a year or two.