Iranian Center has been cleared to sign with NBA teams

dre48ny

Rotation player
The US gov't has cleared the Center Hamed Ehadadi from Iran to play in the NBA. (Obviously because of the political tension)
He averaged 16 points and 10 boards a game in the Olympics (including 21 points and 16 rebounds against Argentina) and has had a lot of hype in Asia. I see him as more of a project, but he does have some game. He can shoot too (even hit a buzzer beater from half court ) Do you see any teams taking he risk?? He is 7-2 and very mobile. I know the Knicks gave their mid level exemption to Duhon, so they probably can't place a bid. Is he just another overhyped foreigner???

Paul1355

All Star
Give him 2 years

The US gov't has cleared the Center Hamed Ehadadi from Iran to play in the NBA. (Obviously because of the political tension)
He averaged 16 points and 10 boards a game in the Olympics (including 21 points and 16 rebounds against Argentina) and has had a lot of hype in Asia. I see him as more of a project, but he does have some game. He can shoot too (even hit a buzzer beater from half court ) Do you see any teams taking he risk?? He is 7-2 and very mobile. I know the Knicks gave their mid level exemption to Duhon, so they probably can't place a bid. Is he just another overhyped foreigner???

If I were Donnie and I had a chance to get him, I'd give him a 2 year deal, we need a big man to protect the post and Curry/Zach doesnt do it on defense. And if he stunk after 2 years we can release him come 2010 and have more money to spend.

dre48ny

Rotation player
He is definitely in better shape than Curry. If Jerome would just retire maybe we could get an exception to sign him? Do you think he will be good in the NBA. Kind of reminds me of Rik Smits (Pacers), he wasn't that bad.

Pres8

Rookie
I have seen some of his matches,he is really good but I think that he should play in Europe 1 or 2 years and then go to nba because he play only in Iran , I think that he can improve a lot, he can shoot ,he is mobile and a good athlete.this is the player stats during the olympic game:http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08...roundid/4004/season/fe_teamPlay_playStat.html take a look to this video(he is a real center like divac)http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=XUCEOn9pKOo he is young ,he was born 1985, I think that the knicks should get him because is a very good project:cool: he is better than eddy fat curry and zach hamburger randolph:teeth:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks can't sign him, because they spent their entire mid-level exception on the 5 point per game, on 38.7% shooting Duhon. That's why it isn't smart to sign the first player you see, for so much money. The only thing the Knicks can offer him is the minimum. There's going to be so many other teams with capspace and mid-level exceptions; he'll just sign with them for double, or even triple the minimum salary.

mynameis

Benchwarmer
forget about that dude , I saw him in asian games he may look good in beijing but he will not be a good NBA player.. Hibbert is far far and way way better than him...

jpz17

Starter
1. we can't sign him, realistically because we can't afford him
2. we can't take another risk

We've already taken too many risks

GetRealistic

Starter
Yea we totally should've bypassed on signing Chris Duhon because there may have been a slight chance some random Iran center may become available. Smart

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Yea we totally should've bypassed on signing Chris Duhon because there may have been a slight chance some random Iran center may become available. Smart
Duhon shoots 38.7% from the field. Tyronn Lue and Keyon Dooling would've been better signings.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Duhon is known for his defense at the PG spot, Lue and Dooling aren't.
That's not true. Keyon Dooling can guard point guards and shooting guards. Tyronn Lue is not a great defender, but he's a solid 3 point shooter, which makes him a perfect fit for D'Antoni's run and gun system. Dooling was given a 3.3 million dollar a year contract, and Tyronn Lue was given a 2 million dollar a year contract. Duhon makes 6 million per year. Dooling shot 46.8% from the field, last year, and Tyronn Lue shot 44.7% from the field, last year.

Paul1355

All Star
That's not true. Keyon Dooling can guard point guards and shooting guards. Tyronn Lue is not a great defender, but he's a solid 3 point shooter, which makes him a perfect fit for D'Antoni's run and gun system. Dooling was given a 3.3 million dollar a year contract, and Tyronn Lue was given a 2 million dollar a year contract. Duhon makes 6 million per year. Dooling shot 46.8% from the field, last year, and Tyronn Lue shot 44.7% from the field, last year.

I think Duhon rates better over Tyronne Lue, Dooling however is said to possibly develope into a solid defender, but as of right now and the next two years, Duhon makes more sense. If your looking for straight offense Dooling would be the answer. The main difference is that Duhon is known as a pass first floor general were Dooling is known to make bad decision on the court. Awarness is their big difference. In the future i think Dooling can develope into a better player but for a two year deal, Duhon is a better move.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Is there anything besides his FG% you do not like about Duhon abcd?
Yes, his fg% isn't even half of it.

Like Jamal Crawford, Chris Duhon is a streaky shooter, and he has poor shot selection. He attempts almost twice as many 3's as free throws, and he attempts almost half as many 3's as field goals.

Look at Duhon's "shot selection"
Career 3 pt attempts: 943
Career free throw attempts: 391
3pt attempts last season: 155
Free throw attempts last season: 80
Career field goal attempts: 1,853
Career 3pt attempts: 943
FG attempts last season: 344
3pt attempts last season: 155

About 50% of the shots that Duhon takes are 3 pointers.

But look at his 3pt%
Career 3pt %: 35.6%
3pt% last season: 34.8%

For a guy whose 3pt% isn't even that high, that's a lot of attempts from downtown.

His shot selection sucks, Crawford style.

I'm done talking about Duhon. I've watched Duhon play on numerous occasions, and I know what I'm talking about. If people don't want to listen, that's fine. I'm just presenting the facts.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
idk abcd, thats when stats may lie to you about duhon, duhon is not a player who tries to cross u over and just pull up a 3(ala crawford), duhon is most of the time spotted up for 3, duhon doesnt dribble to the basket cuz thats not his game, he's just a wack spot up shooter, most of his FG attempted are 3's, u'll see games where he is 0-5 for the game and be 0-4 from 3

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
idk abcd, thats when stats may lie to you about duhon, duhon is not a player who tries to cross u over and just pull up a 3(ala crawford), duhon is most of the time spotted up for 3, duhon doesnt dribble to the basket cuz thats not his game, he's just a wack spot up shooter, most of his FG attempted are 3's, u'll see games where he is 0-5 for the game and be 0-4 from 3

You said that the stats lie, but then you agreed with me that he's not a good shooter and that he has bad shot selection? Huh? Oh, well. lol

Anyways, enough about Duhon. We'll see how he plays, when the season starts. I saw him play a lot last year, but those of you that haven't seen him play will get the chance.

I don't know if the Iranian center is any good. My point is that Curry sucks, so it would've been nice to be able to bench him for a legit center. Now, if Curry plays bad(which there's a 90% chance he will) the only backup we have is James. James is foul prone, so they'll still have to put Lee and Randolph at center, when Curry plays like trash. Lee and Randolph are good rebounders and scorers, but we need good defenders at center.