Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: Iranian Center has been cleared to sign with NBA teams

  1. #16
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    That's not true. Keyon Dooling can guard point guards and shooting guards. Tyronn Lue is not a great defender, but he's a solid 3 point shooter, which makes him a perfect fit for D'Antoni's run and gun system. Dooling was given a 3.3 million dollar a year contract, and Tyronn Lue was given a 2 million dollar a year contract. Duhon makes 6 million per year. Dooling shot 46.8% from the field, last year, and Tyronn Lue shot 44.7% from the field, last year.
    I think Duhon rates better over Tyronne Lue, Dooling however is said to possibly develope into a solid defender, but as of right now and the next two years, Duhon makes more sense. If your looking for straight offense Dooling would be the answer. The main difference is that Duhon is known as a pass first floor general were Dooling is known to make bad decision on the court. Awarness is their big difference. In the future i think Dooling can develope into a better player but for a two year deal, Duhon is a better move.

  2. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Is there anything besides his FG% you do not like about Duhon abcd?
    Last edited by Blas; Aug 23, 2008 at 01:07.

  3. #18
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by jeckomaru
    Is there anything besides his FG% you do not like about Duhon abcd?
    Yes, his fg% isn't even half of it.

    Like Jamal Crawford, Chris Duhon is a streaky shooter, and he has poor shot selection. He attempts almost twice as many 3's as free throws, and he attempts almost half as many 3's as field goals.

    Look at Duhon's "shot selection"
    Career 3 pt attempts: 943
    Career free throw attempts: 391
    3pt attempts last season: 155
    Free throw attempts last season: 80
    Career field goal attempts: 1,853
    Career 3pt attempts: 943
    FG attempts last season: 344
    3pt attempts last season: 155

    About 50% of the shots that Duhon takes are 3 pointers.

    But look at his 3pt%
    Career 3pt %: 35.6%
    3pt% last season: 34.8%

    For a guy whose 3pt% isn't even that high, that's a lot of attempts from downtown.

    His shot selection sucks, Crawford style.

    I'm done talking about Duhon. I've watched Duhon play on numerous occasions, and I know what I'm talking about. If people don't want to listen, that's fine. I'm just presenting the facts.

  4. #19
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    idk abcd, thats when stats may lie to you about duhon, duhon is not a player who tries to cross u over and just pull up a 3(ala crawford), duhon is most of the time spotted up for 3, duhon doesnt dribble to the basket cuz thats not his game, he's just a wack spot up shooter, most of his FG attempted are 3's, u'll see games where he is 0-5 for the game and be 0-4 from 3

  5. #20
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    idk abcd, thats when stats may lie to you about duhon, duhon is not a player who tries to cross u over and just pull up a 3(ala crawford), duhon is most of the time spotted up for 3, duhon doesnt dribble to the basket cuz thats not his game, he's just a wack spot up shooter, most of his FG attempted are 3's, u'll see games where he is 0-5 for the game and be 0-4 from 3
    You said that the stats lie, but then you agreed with me that he's not a good shooter and that he has bad shot selection? Huh? Oh, well. lol

    Anyways, enough about Duhon. We'll see how he plays, when the season starts. I saw him play a lot last year, but those of you that haven't seen him play will get the chance.

    I don't know if the Iranian center is any good. My point is that Curry sucks, so it would've been nice to be able to bench him for a legit center. Now, if Curry plays bad(which there's a 90% chance he will) the only backup we have is James. James is foul prone, so they'll still have to put Lee and Randolph at center, when Curry plays like trash. Lee and Randolph are good rebounders and scorers, but we need good defenders at center.

  6. #21
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i would love the knicks to sign this guy he can get up and down the court and he plays defense thats something both our big men DON'T do. and we did take risks that failed but a rebuilding team get to the top again by taking risks and they work out...and of course some luc lottery wise etc....we'll never get better if we try to do what the celtics did last offseason we should sign this kid help him work on his game he'll be just fine. we should grow some balls and take risks...not just wait around for LeBron to fall to our laps cause that wont happen he's staying in cleveland

  7. #22
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    i would love the knicks to sign this guy he can get up and down the court and he plays defense thats something both our big men DON'T do. and we did take risks that failed but a rebuilding team get to the top again by taking risks and they work out...and of course some luc lottery wise etc....we'll never get better if we try to do what the celtics did last offseason we should sign this kid help him work on his game he'll be just fine. we should grow some balls and take risks...not just wait around for LeBron to fall to our laps cause that wont happen he's staying in cleveland
    ehh taking risks is what got us to were we are now, we have to clear up our debt, it's killing us, we are the richest team in the NBA with the most debt. Jerome James was a risk, Jared Jeffries was a risk, Malik Rose was a risk and now look at our situation. each guy gets over 5 mil a year.

  8. #23
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    You said that the stats lie, but then you agreed with me that he's not a good shooter and that he has bad shot selection? Huh? Oh, well. lol
    nah i was saying the fact that u said duhon got a bad shot selection like crawford, i kno he's a weak shooter

  9. #24
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The only forgen born young big man project I want in a Knicks uniform is Hasheam Theabeat

  10. #25
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    we are way too bored on this site, this guy would get folded up like a chair in the NBA, his moves are straight up and down, nothing lateral. If you are a 7 footer, even plodders like Yao, and Howard, you gotta be able to face up in the league today. Even Illgauskus faces up and can pass. This guy would be another Bruno Sundov im sure of it. I see nothing here.

  11. #26
    Member brooklyn_baller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I like Duhon but can he be the knicks starting guard???

  12. #27
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    The only forgen born young big man project I want in a Knicks uniform is Hasheam Theabeat
    Definetly our 2nd round pick.

  13. #28
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Definetly our 2nd round pick.
    The Knicks don't have a 2009 second round pick, because Isiah Thomas traded it, as part of the Eddy Curry trade. Hasheem Thabeet is better than a second round pick. He's definitely going to get drafted in the first round.

  14. #29
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default late 1st round to early 2nd round

    Originally Posted by abcd
    The Knicks don't have a 2009 second round pick, because Isiah Thomas traded it, as part of the Eddy Curry trade. Hasheem Thabeet is better than a second round pick. He's definitely going to get drafted in the first round.
    He's not known for offense just straight Defense, but very good at it, especially shot blocking. I think he'll be projected late 1st round to early 2nd round because i think he is still younger than a senior.

  15. #30
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    He wasn't even the best player on Iran...you guys need to do more research.

Similar Threads

  1. The East 2009 Postseason Teams
    By Kiyaman in forum NBA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 11, 2008, 14:27
  2. Replies: 137
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2008, 20:35
  3. Knicks Sign Center Randoph Morris To 2-Year Deal
    By YEARITEHERE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 29, 2007, 22:15
  4. The Centers Thread
    By torres in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2004, 17:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •