Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iranian Center has been cleared to sign with NBA teams

Originally Posted by abcd
    That's not true. Keyon Dooling can guard point guards and shooting guards. Tyronn Lue is not a great defender, but he's a solid 3 point shooter, which makes him a perfect fit for D'Antoni's run and gun system. Dooling was given a 3.3 million dollar a year contract, and Tyronn Lue was given a 2 million dollar a year contract. Duhon makes 6 million per year. Dooling shot 46.8% from the field, last year, and Tyronn Lue shot 44.7% from the field, last year.
    I think Duhon rates better over Tyronne Lue, Dooling however is said to possibly develope into a solid defender, but as of right now and the next two years, Duhon makes more sense. If your looking for straight offense Dooling would be the answer. The main difference is that Duhon is known as a pass first floor general were Dooling is known to make bad decision on the court. Awarness is their big difference. In the future i think Dooling can develope into a better player but for a two year deal, Duhon is a better move.

Is there anything besides his FG% you do not like about Duhon abcd?
    Last edited by Blas; Aug 23, 2008 at 01:07.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by jeckomaru
    Is there anything besides his FG% you do not like about Duhon abcd?
    Yes, his fg% isn't even half of it.

Like Jamal Crawford, Chris Duhon is a streaky shooter, and he has poor shot selection. He attempts almost twice as many 3's as free throws, and he attempts almost half as many 3's as field goals.

Look at Duhon's "shot selection"
    Career 3 pt attempts: 943
    Career free throw attempts: 391
    3pt attempts last season: 155
    Free throw attempts last season: 80
    Career field goal attempts: 1,853
    Career 3pt attempts: 943
    FG attempts last season: 344
    3pt attempts last season: 155

About 50% of the shots that Duhon takes are 3 pointers.

But look at his 3pt%
    Career 3pt %: 35.6%
    3pt% last season: 34.8%

For a guy whose 3pt% isn't even that high, that's a lot of attempts from downtown.

His shot selection sucks, Crawford style.

I'm done talking about Duhon. I've watched Duhon play on numerous occasions, and I know what I'm talking about. If people don't want to listen, that's fine. I'm just presenting the facts.

idk abcd, thats when stats may lie to you about duhon, duhon is not a player who tries to cross u over and just pull up a 3(ala crawford), duhon is most of the time spotted up for 3, duhon doesnt dribble to the basket cuz thats not his game, he's just a wack spot up shooter, most of his FG attempted are 3's, u'll see games where he is 0-5 for the game and be 0-4 from 3

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by datruth
    idk abcd, thats when stats may lie to you about duhon, duhon is not a player who tries to cross u over and just pull up a 3(ala crawford), duhon is most of the time spotted up for 3, duhon doesnt dribble to the basket cuz thats not his game, he's just a wack spot up shooter, most of his FG attempted are 3's, u'll see games where he is 0-5 for the game and be 0-4 from 3
    You said that the stats lie, but then you agreed with me that he's not a good shooter and that he has bad shot selection? Huh? Oh, well. lol

Anyways, enough about Duhon. We'll see how he plays, when the season starts. I saw him play a lot last year, but those of you that haven't seen him play will get the chance.

I don't know if the Iranian center is any good. My point is that Curry sucks, so it would've been nice to be able to bench him for a legit center. Now, if Curry plays bad(which there's a 90% chance he will) the only backup we have is James. James is foul prone, so they'll still have to put Lee and Randolph at center, when Curry plays like trash. Lee and Randolph are good rebounders and scorers, but we need good defenders at center.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i would love the knicks to sign this guy he can get up and down the court and he plays defense thats something both our big men DON'T do. and we did take risks that failed but a rebuilding team get to the top again by taking risks and they work out...and of course some luc lottery wise etc....we'll never get better if we try to do what the celtics did last offseason we should sign this kid help him work on his game he'll be just fine. we should grow some balls and take risks...not just wait around for LeBron to fall to our laps cause that wont happen he's staying in cleveland

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    i would love the knicks to sign this guy he can get up and down the court and he plays defense thats something both our big men DON'T do. and we did take risks that failed but a rebuilding team get to the top again by taking risks and they work out...and of course some luc lottery wise etc....we'll never get better if we try to do what the celtics did last offseason we should sign this kid help him work on his game he'll be just fine. we should grow some balls and take risks...not just wait around for LeBron to fall to our laps cause that wont happen he's staying in cleveland
    ehh taking risks is what got us to were we are now, we have to clear up our debt, it's killing us, we are the richest team in the NBA with the most debt. Jerome James was a risk, Jared Jeffries was a risk, Malik Rose was a risk and now look at our situation. each guy gets over 5 mil a year.

You said that the stats lie, but then you agreed with me that he's not a good shooter and that he has bad shot selection? Huh? Oh, well. lol
    nah i was saying the fact that u said duhon got a bad shot selection like crawford, i kno he's a weak shooter

The only forgen born young big man project I want in a Knicks uniform is Hasheam Theabeat

we are way too bored on this site, this guy would get folded up like a chair in the NBA, his moves are straight up and down, nothing lateral. If you are a 7 footer, even plodders like Yao, and Howard, you gotta be able to face up in the league today. Even Illgauskus faces up and can pass. This guy would be another Bruno Sundov im sure of it. I see nothing here.

I like Duhon but can he be the knicks starting guard???

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    The only forgen born young big man project I want in a Knicks uniform is Hasheam Theabeat
    Definetly our 2nd round pick.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Definetly our 2nd round pick.
    The Knicks don't have a 2009 second round pick, because Isiah Thomas traded it, as part of the Eddy Curry trade. Hasheem Thabeet is better than a second round pick. He's definitely going to get drafted in the first round.

Default late 1st round to early 2nd round

The Knicks don't have a 2009 second round pick, because Isiah Thomas traded it, as part of the Eddy Curry trade. Hasheem Thabeet is better than a second round pick. He's definitely going to get drafted in the first round.
    He's not known for offense just straight Defense, but very good at it, especially shot blocking. I think he'll be projected late 1st round to early 2nd round because i think he is still younger than a senior.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

He wasn't even the best player on Iran...you guys need to do more research.