Obama Biden

jpz17

Starter
23_vp.jpg

Any thoughts??

Paul1355

All Star
Obama now has age and experience

Being that Joe Biden said one year ago that Barack Obama is not experienced enough to be President, this move fills some needs. First off you have age and experience with Biden, you also have an expert in foreign policy. He is known to talk above his actual ability and go over board with certain issues, but I think Barack needed to pick someone like Biden. Mccain's running mate is now a bigger issue, he should pick Romney due to his economic expertise.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't like the selection. Hillary Clinton should have been chosen. She had 15 million votes. Obama would have gotten a lot of votes from Hillary supporters, had he picked her, instead. I think this move helps McCain. Hopefully Alan Keyes can take some votes away from McCain, since they're both conservatives.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
I love the VP pick. In my opinion Bill Richardson would have been the best pick Joe was number two. I love what Hillary has done for the democratic party and I congratulate her for a job well done, but she really doesn't address any of Obama weak points. I do hope she gets a cabinet spot though.

Paul1355

All Star
This is good for Republicans because now many Clinton suporters are even voting for Mccain instead because they feel that Obama insulted Hilary for not picking her. Obama is slipping very slowly. Biden fills some needs but Hillary would have gotten him the votes. Also if Mccain keeps attacking Barack on his past choices like being friends with Bill Aires, an American terrorist that he admitted to being, and etc then Obama will turn out looking bad. McCain can win this if he keeps on the offensive and keeps talking about how most Americans don't really know Obama well enough to vote for him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Obama messed up, with his selection. He needed to try and win this election, by a lot of electoral votes, since Bush cheated to win the 2000 and 2004 elections. Now, after the Biden selection, there's a big chance that the election will be close, and Obama might get cheated, just like Gore and Kerry were.

For those of you that want to know how Bush cheated to win the 2000 and 2004 election:
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20040517/palast
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10432334/was_the_2004_election_stolen

I don't really care who wins the election, at this point. I just don't want McCain to win, because his ideas are too similar to George W Bush's ideas. And we all know how great Bush was. lol

jpz17

Starter
I don't like the selection. Hillary Clinton should have been chosen. She had 15 million votes. Obama would have gotten a lot of votes from Hillary supporters, had he picked her, instead. I think this move helps McCain. Hopefully Alan Keyes can take some votes away from McCain, since they're both conservatives.

Wrong, 18 million, she had the popular vote but Barack had the delegate vote

TunerAddict

Starter
This is good for Republicans because now many Clinton suporters are even voting for Mccain instead because they feel that Obama insulted Hilary for not picking her. Obama is slipping very slowly. Biden fills some needs but Hillary would have gotten him the votes. Also if Mccain keeps attacking Barack on his past choices like being friends with Bill Aires, an American terrorist that he admitted to being, and etc then Obama will turn out looking bad. McCain can win this if he keeps on the offensive and keeps talking about how most Americans don't really know Obama well enough to vote for him.

Thats whats wrong with American politics.

Instead of telling us why we should vote for him, McCain plans to make us not want to vote for Barack. Not only is this disgusting strategy that nearly every politician takes part in, but it also demonstrates the two party system we're stuck with.

"I'll make them hate him so they'll have no choice but to vote for me. I'm the only other option!"

Paul1355

All Star
Thats whats wrong with American politics.

Instead of telling us why we should vote for him, McCain plans to make us not want to vote for Barack. Not only is this disgusting strategy that nearly every politician takes part in, but it also demonstrates the two party system we're stuck with.

"I'll make them hate him so they'll have no choice but to vote for me. I'm the only other option!"

If Barack has problems like for example his association with people has turned out to be an F. Just look at him going to Bill Aires home, they are friends, and Bill Aires is a known terrorist who admitted to bombings. Or we can look at Jeremiah Wright, i know Obama says he doesn't believe in what Wright preached, but he went to his Chruch for 20 years and saw Wright as a mentor! If a republican had this history, he'd get killed. People are in love with Obama and don't even know his past association with people. And if you watched the Political Forum in California you get an idea of which canidate really knows what they are talking about. I observed very carefully and Obama talked like he was confused on half his answers. McCain suprised me, every answer was quick and right to the point and not beating around the bush like I see Obama do all the time. On September 26 when they debate, we all will see who is the stronger canidate.

TunerAddict

Starter
If Barack has problems like for example his association with people has turned out to be an F. Just look at him going to Bill Aires home, they are friends, and Bill Aires is a known terrorist who admitted to bombings. Or we can look at Jeremiah Wright, i know Obama says he doesn't believe in what Wright preached, but he went to his Chruch for 20 years and saw Wright as a mentor! If a republican had this history, he'd get killed. People are in love with Obama and don't even know his past association with people. And if you watched the Political Forum in California you get an idea of which canidate really knows what they are talking about. I observed very carefully and Obama talked like he was confused on half his answers. McCain suprised me, every answer was quick and right to the point and not beating around the bush like I see Obama do all the time. On September 26 when they debate, we all will see who is the stronger canidate.

Why'd you quote my post, then make a post that is in no way a response or commentary on what I said?

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Paul, first of all, Obama can only answer for himself, not for what some guy was doing, when Barack was 8 years old. As for the Q&A (it was not a debate, and they were not on the stage together), in California, it is widely believed that McCain knew what was to be asked ahead of time. Also, the audience, and interviewer, was biased towards the right.

And, frankly, as someone unaffiliated with any political party, I can say that I like McCain's former straight-forward approach, as much as I do Obama's. However, he comes off as a warmonger, wants to wear the cloak of one of the most evil presidents in history: Reagan, and has, as JPZ stated previously, shown himself to, perhaps, be mentally deficient.

To me, it's the lesser of two evils. If you want to see nuclear war, millions of more people slaughtered, McCain is your best bet. If you don't, you can't pick another Republican, not after they fooled us into going to war with Iraq.

Paul1355

All Star
Paul, first of all, Obama can only answer for himself, not for what some guy was doing, when Barack was 8 years old. As for the Q&A (it was not a debate, and they were not on the stage together), in California, it is widely believed that McCain knew what was to be asked ahead of time. Also, the audience, and interviewer, was biased towards the right.

And, frankly, as someone unaffiliated with any political party, I can say that I like McCain's former straight-forward approach, as much as I do Obama's. However, he comes off as a warmonger, wants to wear the cloak of one of the most evil presidents in history: Reagan, and has, as JPZ stated previously, shown himself to, perhaps, be mentally deficient.

To me, it's the lesser of two evils. If you want to see nuclear war, millions of more people slaughtered, McCain is your best bet. If you don't, you can't pick another Republican, not after they fooled us into going to war with Iraq.

Reagen evil??? Do you think Russia would have backed off in the cold war if Reagen wasn't in office? I doubt it, he saved a war from occuring that would have changed society using a "warmonger" type approach like John McCain. We see this style worked in the Cold War and now with the Surge, which John McCain supported unlike Joe Biden and other Democrats.

And by the way, the only way a Nuclear war can occur is if we sit back like Obama and wait untill countries like North Korea and Iran complete building the Nuclear weapon. And North Korea started up their Nuclear facilitites again recently, do you think Barack Obama is going to try to stop them? How by negotiating? THINK, these guys don't want to negotiate, period, there is no peaceful solution because they don't want peace. The presdent of Iran has every intention to finish building nuclear weapons which are occuring and funded by Russia. Give him that power, and you will see threats from Iran left and right to join their cause or else, yes a nuclear attack. And they have a forceful cause were in the world of Radical Islam, if you don't join, you die. Having John McCain provides secrity because he wants to prevents events that can greatly affect us in the future. Sitting back and doing nothnig is the USA waiting to be attacked, it's common sense.

Last edited:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
The Bush administration has destroyed our economy, and you know that. The dollar used to be on par with the Euro. Now, I noticed, the other day, while shopping in Manhattan, that European tourists are coming here to do massive shopping, because they can exchange Euros for dollars, at a great rate.

In addition, there's a film you can see that details the waste and nepotism that's occurred in Iraq: 21 year olds hired, because their parents rubbed elbows with the Bush administration, to be in charge of hospitals, and ancient artifacts, in Iraq. Contractors living in cabins with satellite TV, driving around in nice cars, destroying the stuff, when they wanted to order new ones, while our troops can't even get body armor. Did I mention no bid contracts and wire tapping?

If you call yourself a Republican, you're part of the problem: ideology cannot take precedence over common sense. If a democrat had done what Bush has done, I'd be voting for the other party. I don't like either party, but, right now, it's about the lesser of two evils. People are sick of Republicans, and they're going to show it, when they get rid of Bush-McCain. When that happens, they should change independence day to January's inauguration of Obama: lesser of two evils.

As for Reagan, HE IS EVIL. You say you're a Christian, then do your homework on the contras he funded, and trained, in Central America, which caused hundreds of thousands of deaths, and the cocaine he allowed into the US, via Noriega, a man who helped move weapons to the contras in exchange for his drugs being allowed into the US, where they destroyed the inner city. He's evil, and anyone who reads a lot of history knows that. Good riddance, I'm glad the mummy kicked the bucket... I hope it was nice and painful.

As for the USSR, I don't care if communism fell in another country, it was their right to be communist. Also, their influence on other nations is just like ours: we have our share of puppet governments, in case you didn't notice.

As for Iran and N. Korea acquiring nuclear weapons, who cares? They can't reach us with nuclear weapons, and plenty of other nations, such as India and Pakistan, have them. Nations have a little something called sovereignty, though we place embargoes on them if they assert theirs. I'm more worried about our government, which tried to divert attention from their depraved behavior.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
The Bush administration has destroyed our economy, and you know that. The dollar used to be on par with the Euro. Now, I noticed, the other day, while shopping in Manhattan, that European tourists are coming here to do massive shopping, because they can exchange Euros for dollars, at a great rate.

In addition, there's a film you can see that details the waste and nepotism that's occurred in Iraq: 21 year olds hired, because their parents rubbed elbows with the Bush administration, to be in charge of hospitals, and ancient artifacts, in Iraq. Contractors living in cabins with satellite TV, driving around in nice cars, destroying the stuff, when they wanted to order new ones, while our troops can't even get body armor. Did I mention no bid contracts and wire tapping?

If you call yourself a Republican, you're part of the problem: ideology cannot take precedence over common sense. If a democrat had done what Bush has done, I'd be voting for the other party. I don't like either party, but, right now, it's about the lesser of two evils. People are sick of Republicans, and they're going to show it, when they get rid of Bush-McCain. When that happens, they should change independence day to January's inauguration of Obama: lesser of two evils.

As for Reagan, HE IS EVIL. You say you're a Christian, then do your homework on the contras he funded, and trained, in Central America, which caused hundreds of thousands of deaths, and the cocaine he allowed into the US, via Noriega, a man who helped move weapons to the contras in exchange for his drugs being allowed into the US, where they destroyed the inner city. He's evil, and anyone who reads a lot of history knows that. Good riddance, I'm glad the mummy kicked the bucket... I hope it was nice and painful.

As for the USSR, I don't care if communism fell in another country, it was their right to be communist. Also, their influence on other nations is just like ours: we have our share of puppet governments, in case you didn't notice.

As for Iran and N. Korea acquiring nuclear weapons, who cares? They can't reach us with nuclear weapons, and plenty of other nations, such as India and Pakistan, have them. Nations have a little something called sovereignty, though we place embargoes on them if they assert theirs. I'm more worried about our government, which tried to divert attention from their depraved behavior.

This first response is to what i bolded. Sorry friend but you have to research this section a little more. You might know more about Reagan than I do but to say that the weapons that Iran and North Korea have can't and won't be able to hit us, is lack of research on your part. Ahmadinejad right now as we speak has missiles that can reach the Eastern coast of the USA. If he builds a Nuclear weapon he would easily be able to hit us if such a catastrophic time ever occured. As for North Korea, they are already in the process and we know how dangerous they are. I think enough is said, everybody said "Who cares" when Saddam took power, when Hitler took power knowing that their views were extreme and then look what happened with them when they HAD TOO MUCH POWER. And now you want to give it to a guy that has a religious belief that he can speed up prophecy with the destruction of Israel and it's ally, the USA. And find the missing 12th Imam.

As for being a Republican, the Surge has worked which tells me after all this time, Bush is coming out victorious and is making the impossible happen, turning Iraq into a democracy and secure nation. Yes, he hasn't handled money good at all. But when does a country have a strong economy when in a war? The problem with Democrats is that they actually think that John McCain is a spit image of Bush, HE ISNT.
McCain use to be a Democrat so how can he be just like Bush??? he is a reformer and Bush isn't. He wants to stop corruption, Bush has too much of it. He wants to lessen goverment, Bush has too much of it. His history surpasses any nominee in the past 50 years.
And most of all McCain and Palin have accomplishments, Barack Obama doesn't. And Joe Biden once again, was against a Surge that worked. And you want him leading the Foreign Policy area? Please.

Paul1355

All Star
To all Democrats

What has Barack Obama accomplished that makes John McCain and Palin look less experienced? I would love to know because as of right now Palin, the VP, has more of a resume than Barack does.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Are you kidding? That woman was in charge of one of the smallest states, insofar as population is concerned, in the union. She's a glorified city councilwoman. When you're dealing with one million people, a board of ed. with 20 schools in it, a system of 4 hospitals and a fire department with 20 trucks in the whole state, you're not really experienced.

Palin is also a dumba**, she sounds like that Miss teen USA South Carolina. Biden is also dumb, Obama and McCain are the two brains in this thing, but Obama is much more sensitive to the issues and to the effect our actions can have on other parts of the world, not just ours.

Again, Republicans have failed. Democrats will fail in other ways, but they're not infiltrated by neocons and will likely keep us out of unnecessary conflicts.

TunerAddict

Starter
John McCain only met Palin once before selecting her as his VP, and only briefly at a rally of his in Alaska. The idea was suggested by someone in his inner circle and he then phoned her for an hour, and made the decision. Just something I've like to share.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Well, tuner, she's just not experienced enough. This is not a big state, by any stretch of the imagination. If she had been in congress, the federal work she might have been doing would have made that a moot point. However, she was working in a small, isolated state. Fact is that she seems to stupid to be a different kind of VP. Biden also seems stupid, but I'm looking at the lesser of two evils.

This woman is so full of it that she can't even help her daughter be grounded in values, so that she's not sleeping around at 15 or 16. I believe in strong values, and teaching kids not to have sex before the right time, but I actually have a brain and would help my kid understand why, the meaning of love, rather than sex, and the state of the world and why it's not the best time to bring kids into the world. Instead, she's raised her daughter to be a dull, dumb little brat. I don't want to hear anything from someone like that, about family values or abortion.

Paul1355

All Star
John McCain only met Palin once before selecting her as his VP, and only briefly at a rally of his in Alaska. The idea was suggested by someone in his inner circle and he then phoned her for an hour, and made the decision. Just something I've like to share.

He has guts. And she probably had a good first impression. She wasn't the only female option. She has a resume that Democrats should stop ignoring.