Marbury drops to 200 pounds...If Marbury gets cut i hope Donnie Walsh Dies

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54231/20080831/marbury_has_dropped_to_200_pounds/#

Point guard Stephon Marbury has dropped to 200 pounds in an attempt to get in shape this offseason, but he still appears to be on thin ice, according to New York Post.

The Knicks have sixteen players under contract, which means they must get rid of one player prior to the start of the season.

Marbury is still considered a candidate to be cut at this point, although recently-acquired forward Patrick Ewing Jr. is not a lock to make the team either.

Hes been workin hard all summer. Hes gonna run sh!t this year.
Haterburys lost :lol:

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
i hope they dont cut marbury, i really think he will rebound this season under Dantoni, he looks comitted and still has alot left, let him start and avg 20 and 8

Toons

is the Bo$$
good news for the knicks.
its good to see marbury back in playing form
any pics of him??

WTF isn't 200 pound a bit much??? If Eddy dropped 200 i can understnad but Marbury?

Edit : Oh my bad I reread and realized it said he dropped TO 200 pounds ight forget it.

Good shit Marbury!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Donnie says he has a "clean slate" and all he wanted him to do was work hard all off season....mission complete. I think Donnie Walsh will honor his word and Steph should be our starting PG come opening night.

Now truth be told Steph still has to also come into camp with a new attitude too. I've said it before I would love nothing more than him playing well enough that we are talking a contract extension for him next season,but part of that will be determined with how he gets along with his teamates and most importantly his new coach!

Honestly this should be good news for all Knick fans if you like Steph or not, because Steph at a high level is as good a PG there is in the league!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Donnie says he has a "clean slate" and all he wanted him to do was work hard all off season....mission complete. I think Donnie Walsh will honor his word and Steph should be our starting PG come opening night.

Now truth be told Steph still has to also come into camp with a new attitude too. I've said it before I would love nothing more than him playing well enough that we are talking a contract extension for him next season,but part of that will be determined with how he gets along with his teamates and most importantly his new coach!

Honestly this should be good news for all Knick fans if you like Steph or not, because Steph at a high level is as good a PG there is in the league!

Agreed!

Regardless of how you feel about Marbury, you've got to give him credit for getting in shape. It seems he really wants to be a Knicks. The question is how long can he keep it up? How many losses will it take for the old Marbury to surface. For now, lets be optimistic and give him credit for trying.

dre48ny

Rotation player
This is a very encouraging sign. He is committed and will play his heart out this season. He is in his last year so he will showcase himself to the league and Europe. I don't see why he shouldn't be the starter. Don't see why they should cut him. He will be the general of the team and prove many wrong. At least that is what I hope. Good shit Marbs!!!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
It's good to hear that Marbury is in top form. He's always worked hard on his game, and it's going to be very interesting to see what he can do, in the 2008-2009 season. I expect big things from Starbury. I wonder why there's no articles on Curry being in shape? Laugh out loud!

Pricey

Rotation player
this would have to be the 1st Marbury thread that not 1 person has bagged him hahaha

Hopefully he gets his chance and he also does the right thing by all concerned like coaching staff, players, fans and himself.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Haterburys arent being haterburys. Good posts from everyone in this thread.

*waits for getrealistic to write "I dont care what he does. I want him off the team. I dont want him around any of our young players"*

*waits for kiyaman to post something about d nichols or randolph morris*

*waits for nyknicks126 to come back*

Paul1355

All Star
Agreed!

Regardless of how you feel about Marbury, you've got to give him credit for getting in shape. It seems he really wants to be a Knicks. The question is how long can he keep it up? How many losses will it take for the old Marbury to surface. For now, lets be optimistic and give him credit for trying.

cosign

He wants to come out strong in his last year not only for his pride and team but for a contract. If you think like the old Marbury, the guy loves money and the only way to keep getting good money, he has to come out strong this year.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Just stop me if I'm getting too ahead of myself, but wouldnt you all agree that Steph playing at the top of his game is as good as having Derick Rose or a Baron Davis. Your talking a PG that can take it to rack with the best of them, and is now 20lbs lighter so you have to imagine that explosive speed has to be somewhat regained. Danillo,Wilson,and Zach are great pick and roll/pop players so his assist totals should rise.

Remember the buzzer beater drive against Utah two years back? Steph took the ball off the an inbounds pass and drove it up the court for the score in 3.7 secs. That is Dantoni type ball (if he plays that way w/ us) and I know it was only one play but it does show that Steph can play that kinda game.

If Mike Dantoni really gives Steph a chance to run his offense then he can turn his career around like Baron Davis did. Dantoni did coach Steph for 13 games and as far as we all know there was no issues, plus Steph is actually younger than Nash was when he went to The Suns, so there is no reason to think he is over the hill.

NYKnicks15

Starter
jesus... okay, i like stephon marbury. let me get that out in the open. i do. i think hes talented. and i think the teams he has been put on have not been that great BUT i also have said and will say now.. that besides his personal stats.. he doesnt do much to make his team better. charlie ward for instance was crap. not jerome james crap but crap nonetheless. BUT id rather have him running my point then stephon marbury. stats being stats. wonderful but the stats that you dont see.. are the ones that count (well minus wins.. which we all know where is in that category ugh) LEADERSHIP. TEAMWORK. WORK ETHIC. that is what matters. that is what i have always criticized him for..

BUT on that note, his work ethic has seemed to improve immensely. not sure if it was the new system or the ending contract but i highly congratulate him on that, im very happy.

BUT haha at this point we have not seen the teamwork. we have not seen the leadership. THAT is where it matters.

the constant thing i hate about these marbury discussions is, where do you lovers of him draw the line. and when do you cross it to become hypocritical. heres a question for you... would you rather have..

a 31 year old 6'2 point guard
with career 20 pts 8 asts 3 reb 1 stl 43% fg 32% 3pt 79% ft
and a winning average of 41%

a 27 year old 6'9 power forward.
with career 16pts 8rebs 2asts 47% fg 77% ft
and a winning average of 43%

the younger slightly more winning bigman makes 8 millions dollars less too.
you speak of wanting to rid ourselves of zach randolph and dont say for money purposes because you know youd want to resign marbury next year. so which is it? they both had poor work ethic but both picked it up in the offseason but both still show horrible teamwork and leadership ability.

jerome james for god sakes has a better winning percentage than the both of them. that is why for the sake of chemistry i say rid ourselves of both of them. im sorry!

have you ever gotten up and couldnt stand the thought of going to work because you cant stand someone there. imagine you had to sleep on a bus with him or fly next to him or practice or rely on your ability to coexist with that person hour upon hour. couldnt do it could you? how badly would it effect your quality of productivity?

i dont dont dont want to start the marbury arguement. and please please dont. but isnt it about time we think for our love of the KNICKS not a single player.

New New York

Quiet Storm
jesus... okay, i like stephon marbury. let me get that out in the open. i do. i think hes talented. and i think the teams he has been put on have not been that great BUT i also have said and will say now.. that besides his personal stats.. he doesnt do much to make his team better. charlie ward for instance was crap. not jerome james crap but crap nonetheless. BUT id rather have him running my point then stephon marbury. stats being stats. wonderful but the stats that you dont see.. are the ones that count (well minus wins.. which we all know where is in that category ugh) LEADERSHIP. TEAMWORK. WORK ETHIC. that is what matters. that is what i have always criticized him for..

BUT on that note, his work ethic has seemed to improve immensely. not sure if it was the new system or the ending contract but i highly congratulate him on that, im very happy.

BUT haha at this point we have not seen the teamwork. we have not seen the leadership. THAT is where it matters.

the constant thing i hate about these marbury discussions is, where do you lovers of him draw the line. and when do you cross it to become hypocritical. heres a question for you... would you rather have..

a 31 year old 6'2 point guard
with career 20 pts 8 asts 3 reb 1 stl 43% fg 32% 3pt 79% ft
and a winning average of 41%

a 27 year old 6'9 power forward.
with career 16pts 8rebs 2asts 47% fg 77% ft
and a winning average of 43%

the younger slightly more winning bigman makes 8 millions dollars less too.
you speak of wanting to rid ourselves of zach randolph and dont say for money purposes because you know youd want to resign marbury next year. so which is it? they both had poor work ethic but both picked it up in the offseason but both still show horrible teamwork and leadership ability.

jerome james for god sakes has a better winning percentage than the both of them. that is why for the sake of chemistry i say rid ourselves of both of them. im sorry!

have you ever gotten up and couldnt stand the thought of going to work because you cant stand someone there. imagine you had to sleep on a bus with him or fly next to him or practice or rely on your ability to coexist with that person hour upon hour. couldnt do it could you? how badly would it effect your quality of productivity?

i dont dont dont want to start the marbury arguement. and please please dont. but isnt it about time we think for our love of the KNICKS not a single player.

I loved you post and I agree whole heartedly. As you can tell from my signature I agree that we should focus on our team and not just a single player. I've never been neither a "Haterbaury" or a member of "Team Starbaury" so I think my opinions are based off of what's best for The Knicks

Now with that said I have to say a healthy hard working Stephon Marbaury is very very good for The Knicks. This is a player who is a 20/10 threat every night in the right system. Now ofcourse Steph is not without flaws so we have to always remain leary. But like you stated this is a contract year for him, plus he is trying to rebuild his image, not to mention there is going to be a bit of competition for him w/ the Duhon signing, all these factors say to me that he may be under his best behavior both on and off the court.

Steph is an A player in this league if at the top of his game, now does dropping a few pounds really indicate his return to A form....not really, but it is a very good sign.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
I don't see how you can possibly give Marbury credited for shutting the **** up for once and doing his damned job. It's his job to stay the **** in shape...all season...which means the off-season as well in case you did not know that before. As well it's his job to play well, get along with his teammates and coaches.

Till I actually see it..translate into results.....

I'm reserving judgment.

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
Is Marbury having a great year really in the best interest of the NY Knicks? Is Marbury the future for us? Someone please tell me how Marbury having a great year is good for our future. Are we going to resign him to a new contract? If Marbury has a great year we can probably make the playoffs... then what. We get a draft pick in the high teens to low 20's and then 2010 we have no 1st rounder and there goes our rebuilding.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Is Marbury having a great year really in the best interest of the NY Knicks? Is Marbury the future for us? Someone please tell me how Marbury having a great year is good for our future. Are we going to resign him to a new contract? If Marbury has a great year we can probably make the playoffs... then what. We get a draft pick in the high teens to low 20's and then 2010 we have no 1st rounder and there goes our rebuilding.

dat's a good point,(welcome to the site) but right now i take any winning season, lol, i really dont marbury past this season regardless of what he does