Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60

Thread: Cleverland's Morning Journal has Cavs talking to Knicks about a big man.

  1. #1
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Cleverland's Morning Journal has Cavs talking to Knicks about a big man.

    Apparently the Cavs need a big man and have turned to the Knicks. It doesn't specify who they want, but they mentioned that they can use Snow's contract as they will not be able to use his injury exception.
    I guess more will come because they didn't specify anything else:

    "Rumor mill
    * The rumor mill has been churning after the Williams deal. The Cavs could be talking to the Knicks about a big man.
    * Veteran shooting guard Michael Finley re-signed with San Antonio, but the Cavs wanted to add him to their crowded backcourt.
    * Technically, the Cavs can still trade point guard Eric Snow, but they wouldn't be able to use the injury exception. There is no update on his injury settlement with the insurance company"

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    It's got to be Randolph they're after. Ilgauskas is solid. My guess is they're trying to move Wallace. Snow's contract is only $7 mill, not sure what that's all about. On the other hand if we trade Curry for Wallace we'd have a hell of a front court with Wallace/Randolph. That's a front court that can work.

  3. #3
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I have a perfect idea:

    Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, and Fred Jones

    for

    Ben Wallace, Wally Szczerbiak, and a 2010 first round pick

    And before the haters try to attack me:
    1) This is just a suggestion
    2) I think Cleveland would do this trade, if offered, because Zach Randolph is an offensive threat and Fred Jones is a good defensive threat.
    3) Ben Wallace has the same amount of money on his contract as Eddy Curry.
    4) The Cavs just recently traded for Mo Williams; he has more years on his contract than Randolph and Curry.

  4. #4
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    The most likely scenerio is that we want Wally Z for Zach and they want to give us Ben Wallace. I would prefer Wally but I would not be against Ben Wallace. I see us having to give up a pick in a trade for Wally and us getting a pick for Ben Wallace.

    Ben Wallace
    top 5 protected 2010 pick
    for
    Zach

    or

    Wally Z
    for
    Zach and 2012 pick

    The problem is that The Cavs need a SG so aside from his expiring contract the Cavs like Wally as their SG. I propose once more that we just throw Crawford into the mix. That trade again is

    Crawford
    Zach
    for
    Wally Z
    Eric Snow
    Terrence Kinley (needed to make the numbers work)

    Knicks
    Steph/Duhon
    Q/Nate/Roberson
    Chandler/Gallanari
    Lee/Galanari/Jefferies
    Curry/Lee

    Cavs
    Williams
    Crawford
    Lebron
    Zach
    Big Z or Ben

    We have a competitive team and The Cavs are serious contenders for the East Title and possibly the NBA Title in two years after they gel

  5. #5
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    The most likely scenerio is that we want Wally Z for Zach and they want to give us Ben Wallace. I would prefer Wally but I would not be against Ben Wallace. I see us having to give up a pick in a trade for Wally and us getting a pick for Ben Wallace.

    Ben Wallace
    top 5 protected 2010 pick
    for
    Zach

    or

    Wally Z
    for
    Zach and 2012 pick
    The Knicks don't have to give the Cavs a draft pick, to get Wally Szczerbiak.
    Zach Randolph averaged 17.6 points and 10.3 rebounds, last year. The Knicks would just have to include Mardy Collins or Fred Jones. Personally, I like my trade idea better, because it gets rid of Curry and Randolph, but your idea is fine, minus the 2012 pick.

  6. #6
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i hope we get rid of Randolph or Curry i doubt either of them is on the team when the season starts and if Randolph goes to Cleveland then they my favs for the championship Randolph wont be a ball-hog on the cavs not with LeBron running things and we free up alot of cap space with it and if we get Wallace and curry isnt traded then that wont be such a bad backcourt

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,918
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    The Cavs Coach Brown will work on turning center Ben Wallace back into the Strong-Foward he was that won the defensive of the year award this upcomming season. This way Big-Z would be able to rebound and score, with F/C-Varejao as both their Backups.

    The only bigman that the Cavs should want on the Knicks roster is "6.6 Marty Collins" to turn him into a defensive-minded SG to play alongside of scoring PG-Daniel Gibson and scoring PG-Mo Williams.
    With the help of Point-Foward Lebron James the task of changing Collins into a defending SG would be a quick transaction (because Collins can pass off his dribble with one hand and defend against SF, SG, and PG).

    With Lebron, Mo Williams, and Gibson in the backcourt they are looking for a 28 mpg SG that is not looking to score but pick, pass, and defend...

  8. #8
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    The Knicks don't have to give the Cavs a draft pick, to get Wally Szczerbiak.
    Zach Randolph averaged 17.6 points and 10.3 rebounds, last year. The Knicks would just have to include Mardy Collins or Fred Jones. Personally, I like my trade idea better, because it gets rid of Curry and Randolph, but your idea is fine, minus the 2012 pick.
    I dont see the Cavs really wanting or needing Curry. They have Z so they really dont need Eddy.

    The reason the Cavs would get a pick in the Wally Z scenerio is that Wally's contract expires immediatley and they would also be giving up there only true SG, not to mention Zach has some major bagagge take all that into consideration then you have to think The Cavs may want more than just Zach. maybe a pick might not be needed but, at the same time no way The Cavs make this deal straight up. I said in another Thread that Nate and Zach for Wally's contract and maybe a 2010 pick would be fair.

    I agree with Donnie Walsh in that we need to not just give our players away, but at the same time we need to recongnize a good deal. If we could get Zach off the books next year I would take it. Plus if we get Zach off the books I think the rest of the league would realize that we are no longer pressed to make a deal and would start to make real offers.

    Also think about this, if we had Wally Z's 14 million dollar contract and David Lee to offer we could land ourselves a very nice player at the trade deadline.

  9. #9
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default A question

    The Cavs don't want Curry, they want Zach, they want scorers to help Lebron. We can all agree that if Lebron had Mo Williams and Zach with him against the Celtics in the playoffs, that they would have gone to the championship. my question is that I know Wally Z's contract expires but what about Ben Wallace?

  10. #10
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    I dont see the Cavs really wanting or needing Curry. They have Z so they really dont need Eddy.

    The reason the Cavs would get a pick in the Wally Z scenerio is that Wally's contract expires immediatley and they would also be giving up there only true SG, not to mention Zach has some major bagagge take all that into consideration then you have to think The Cavs may want more than just Zach. maybe a pick might not be needed but, at the same time no way The Cavs make this deal straight up. I said in another Thread that Nate and Zach for Wally's contract and maybe a 2010 pick would be fair.

    I agree with Donnie Walsh in that we need to not just give our players away, but at the same time we need to recongnize a good deal. If we could get Zach off the books next year I would take it. Plus if we get Zach off the books I think the rest of the league would realize that we are no longer pressed to make a deal and would start to make real offers.

    Also think about this, if we had Wally Z's 14 million dollar contract and David Lee to offer we could land ourselves a very nice player at the trade deadline.
    I still don't see how the Knicks would have to give up a first round pick to get Wally Szczerbiak. Wally Szczerbiak is not as good as he was, and Randolph is still averaging double doubles. Trading our first round pick, so that the Cavs could also get a good power forward makes no sense. For that, the Knicks' trade with the Clippers would've been good. I know Randolph's contract is bad, but he averages good numbers, too. There's no need to give away Randolph and a first round pick for 1 player. That's just dumb. If the Cavs don't want to make a Randolph for Szczerbiak trade, then screw them. They're not going to find a better power forward than Randolph via trade.

  11. #11
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Wally and Ben

    Wally has one more year - 2008 - at $13M. Ben has two more years at $14.5M in 2008 and $14M in 2009. Zach gets $14.67M in 2008, $16M in 2009 and $17.33M in 2010. Curry gets $9.7M in 2008, $10.5 in 2009 and $17.33 in 2010.

    In order to have cap space in 2010, we have to get rid of Zach Randolph before 2010. The sooner we do it, the easier it will be to make it happen. I do not think D'Antoni's style is going to improve his market value. Cleveland does not want both Z-Bo and Curry. Curry's contract going forward is much less onerous than Zach's. I think it will be easier to trade him later, even though I would be surprised if D'Antoni's style of play will increase his value. But miracles do happen.

    The Knicks have never been shy about spending money. The extra money for Wallace's contract will not croak them. They certainly should not give up a draft pick under any circumstances. They are rebuilding. You need draft picks to rebuild.

    If there is a deal, I expect it to be Zach for Wallace.

  12. #12
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    It would be a dream come true if Cleavland wanted Curry and Randolph, but after last season no one could be that stupid to put both of them in the front court together could they? In all likelihood Cleavland wants Randolph, and if Walsh is smart he'd take Wally's expiring contract for Zach straight up, but for some odd reason the Cavs want Curry then we should get Wallace in return. Some one's got to play the center position.

    Randolph for Szczerbiak (expiring contract, final year)
    or
    Curry for Wallace

  13. #13
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    The Cavs don't want Curry, they want Zach, they want scorers to help Lebron. We can all agree that if Lebron had Mo Williams and Zach with him against the Celtics in the playoffs, that they would have gone to the championship. my question is that I know Wally Z's contract expires but what about Ben Wallace?
    Ben Wallace is practical as well, but I would a pick in that scenerio because Ben is a player we probably would not get much use out of. But Wally would essentially undo the Steve Francis trade, and like I mentioned before Wally's expiring contract and David Lee would land us a nice player at the trade deadline.

    Here is an article that states the Cavs may have an interest in D. Lee, but I don't think so. Zach is the obvious choicehttp://beat.bodoglife.com/sports/fre...big-34973.html

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    maybe they want jerome james

  15. #15
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by mynameis
    maybe they want jerome james
    That's funny!!

    I think they probably want Zbo, they need a scoring PF. They have lacked this in the past and now. The big "Z" is still productive at the Center position. I would love Zbo for Wally straight up, no draft picks. Win win for both teams.

Similar Threads

  1. Farewell Marbury???
    By lanceroy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2008, 18:22
  2. Looking back on the 2003-04 Knicks season
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 21:10
  3. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 11:12
  4. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 23:17
  5. Questions on Knicks vs Cavs
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Nov 04, 2007, 03:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •