Crawford Blog: I will improve D and shot selection!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/b...crawford/2008/09/so_you_think_im_a_loser.html

The actual title of this blog is 'So you think I'm a loser'. The blog is written by Jamal Crawford and directly addresses the critics and fans. This is a good read as specially if you haven't already made up your mind about Crawford before examining all of the facts. 9 coaches in 9 seasons takes it's toll. The good news is Crawford is has acknowledges the weaknesses in his game and specifically is working on his shot selection and improving defensively.

Paul1355

All Star
Crawford made a good article

Good article, he basically answers everything Crawford haters complained about. And admits to his mistakes and says that he will try to improve as best he can, i admire him for that. I now see him as a guy with a good work ethic as I have seen from David Lee and Q Rich lately.

mugili716

Benchwarmer
Take that all you Crawford haters!! Big ups to Crawford for takin them head on.. I'm excited about this blog he is doing, he is one of the more quiet players on our team, and i would like to hear what he has to say...

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Yea...his stock just went up on my book. Now, if I don't see any results, I'll never believe another word that comes out of his mouth again.

Toons

is the Bo$$
crawford says eddy is working hard this summer
i hope its true
if darko played the 5 eddy would be a dominant 4......what a front court

Toons

is the Bo$$
they probably will just find some negative in it and run with it
more power to them

Kiyaman

Legend
After 8 seasons in the league and Crawford still wont mention the number one things that stops him from being a winning player (just like an Acoholic who wont admit to NEEDING a drink every other hour.).
Poor Decision making and poor court vision with teammates.

After Zach is traded, the next player to trade is Crawford...

Paul1355

All Star
After 8 seasons in the league and Crawford still wont mention the number one things that stops him from being a winning player (just like an Acoholic who wont admit to NEEDING a drink every other hour.).
Poor Decision making and poor court vision with teammates.

After Zach is traded, the next player to trade is Crawford...

did you read the article. He talks about decision making.

Toons

is the Bo$$
middle fingers to kiahman.....come on dogg.
shit is weak
at least say sumthing along the lines of, "ill believe it when i see it" something that metro or msg would say. dont comment if u dont read

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
if he does evrything he says he will be all-star this na i think he be a superstar if he does what he says on that blog

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Eh im still not crazy about this...because im sure he knew all his flaws before 2...i mean c mon you cant tell me he dirint bother 2 open a newspaper up one day or go on online and check out some knick blogs...this article is just telling me that he wants to let the fans know that he knows his flaws...i like it cuase well atleast hes actually admiting he has these flaws...most players read this and dissagree cause well WE are not the ones playing...but then again i dont expect anything much 2 change ...i mean im sure he been known about his poor shot selection and defense im pretty sure he HAS practiced on it...so its not like all this is new 2 him...well i dont know ill see how it goes hopefully hes working EXTRA hard this summer because well i play basketball i know my flaws i try 2 make myself better at these things but its not that easy...like i always decide 2 pass the ball in the wrong situations like i see A EASY good pass i studder and pass it at the wrong time now i know how 2 do tall these passes i can pass it where ever i want if theres a opening and i see these but never do...i dotn know its maybe a mental thing? i think crawfords shot selection has something 2 do with his mentality even if he practices on not 2 shoot poor shots when it comes 2 the game practice wont mean much...i dont know im just saying...dont expect 2 much...

metrocard

Legend
Man, you guys are some the softest fans up to date right falling for this bullsh*t apology letter by Crawford.

Crawford is from the University of Isiahsexuals...all that kid could do now is make up excuses for the public for his bad decisions.

Crawford needs to go ASAP...to officially end the Isiah era. He's a C+ level SG, we need a B level SG to stay competitive with other teams.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
^^co-sign

If i knew how to hack i would destroy crawfords blog. Anyone who supports him sukks dikk just like him. Fukk outta here maggots :lol:

Paul1355

All Star
If he doesn't change around his game a little bit you can see him in a new uniform. Walsh and D'Antoni won't stand for his dumb shots.

clumsy

Rotation player
He better. I don't remember must of last season now. But looking a some stats (i forgot whether he guarded SG's or PG's) he was not doing his job last year on D. Matter a fact he was not scoring enough for what he was doing. I would be fine with Crawford not playing D if he was able to consistently score 25+ points on a given night....I Think if he drove the lane more and got more fouls he would be able to.

On Court / Off Court stats
Many stats are shown on a 'per 48 minute' basis
<table bgcolor="#cccccc" border="0" cellspacing="1" width="500"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#33cc33"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Stat[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]ON Court[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]OFF Court[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Net[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Minutes[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 3188 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 786 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 80%[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e5e5e5"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Offense: Pts per 100 Poss.[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 106.6[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 99.8[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +6.8[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#e5e5e5"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Defense: Pts per 100 Poss.[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 113.4[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 112.4[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +1.0[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#99ff99"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Net Points per 100 Possessions[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] -6.8[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] -12.6[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +5.8[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Points Scored[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]6483[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]1465[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]+5018[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Points Allowed[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]6831[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]1659[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]+5172[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffff99"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Net Points[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]-348[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]-194[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]-154[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Effective FG%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 48.3%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 44.5%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +3.8%[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Effective FG% Allowed[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 51.9%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 51.5%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +0.3%[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Assisted Field Goals[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 52%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 48%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +4%[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Assisted FG% Allowed[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 55%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 54%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +1%[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Own Shots Blocked[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 6%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 6%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +0%[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Shots Blocked[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 2%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 4%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] -2%[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td colspan="4">[SIZE=-1]Rebounding[/SIZE]</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Offensive Rebounding[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 30.4%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 32.0%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] -1.6%[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Defensive Rebounding[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 71.6%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 68.1%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +3.5%[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Total Rebounding[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]51.0%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]50.1%[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +1.0%[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td colspan="4">[SIZE=-1]Stats[/SIZE]</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Free Throws Made[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 19 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 15 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +4[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Free Throws Attempted[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 25 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 23 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +2[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Free Throws Made by Opp.[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 18 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 19 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +1[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Free Throws Attempted by Opp.[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 24 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 26 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +2[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Turnovers, on Offense[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 14 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 14 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +0[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Turnovers, on Defense[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 12 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 14 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] -2[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Net Turnovers[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]-2 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 0 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +2[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Fouls Committed[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 20 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 22 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +2[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Fouls, Drawn[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 20 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 19 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] +1[/SIZE]</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]Net Fouls[/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] 0 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1]-3 [/SIZE]</center></td> <td><center>[SIZE=-1] -3[/SIZE]</center></td></tr></tbody></table>