Marty Collins under Dantoni

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
So your saying that coach Dantoni cant help Collins improve on his weak areas as a PG. Is it because Dantoni could'nt help PG-Banks who he wanted to start over Nash?

PG-Marty Collins is a Bigger Charlie Ward who you would put as a tandem backcourt partner with SG-Houston.
At age 37 Allan Houston probably shoot better than all the Knicks SF, SG, and PG.
Mardy Collins is a bigger Charlie Ward? Charlie Ward actually made jump shots and free throws. Collins never does that.
Plus, Mardy Collins is really a shooting guard. He only plays point guard, because he has no offense.

Kiyaman

Legend
Mardy Collins is a bigger Charlie Ward? Charlie Ward actually made jump shots and free throws. Collins never does that.
Plus, Mardy Collins is really a shooting guard. He only plays point guard, because he has no offense.

Recall, Charlie Ward did not get any playingtime untill his 4th season with the Knicks. When Mark Jackson and Strictland was off the team. also his Jumpshot came in his later years.
What I also recall about Charlie Ward is every offseason he was a Knick the Knick Fans and media wanted Ward traded.
Do you think Dantoni can help Collins, like Frazier said he could?

Portega, I dont know you like that, and you did nothing to respond to the main topic. So take your hater-club and spell check to the next man.

Last edited:

moneyg

Starter
marty is an ok player. he needs more experience. but he can be a backup pg. the best pg we had after ward was.........frank williams. before we got marbury he was really developing. dont know what happen to him,but i know he was depressed after the trade.

GetRealistic

Starter
The countdown to another rediculous post from Kiya is 15 minutes.

SPOILER ALERT:

The post will have much bolding and mentioning of players. Ex. The 6'8 Tazman Balkman

D'Antoni and Walsh are not doing there job by dramatically overhauling this team. The entire league would love to get the bum players we have

A sentence like this. If we have stayed the course with the teamwork displayed by our amazing summer league roster of Collins, Nichols, Morris, and Balkman we would be competing for a title. If you saw Morris play last year you would have noticed his ability to rebound and be a defensive presence.

A mention of D. Nichols

Kiya is a joke and makes me think posters like NYKnicks125 are intelligent.

P.S. Charlie Ward wasn't on the Knicks team with Rod Strickland and Marc Jackson.

Kiyaman

Legend
marty is an ok player. he needs more experience. but he can be a backup pg. the best pg we had after ward was.........frank williams. before we got marbury he was really developing. dont know what happen to him,but i know he was depressed after the trade.

Money G, that I will agree too.
When the Newspapers wrote that Charlie Ward pushed coach Chaney to start Frank Williams over him and the Knicks won 3 straight games by blow-outs with Frank starting that indicated the team chemistry at defense.
What was the Knick defensive coach name again? T.........

One day I may apologize for being so arrogant in this forum.... but today is not the day.
If celebrity coach Dantoni and PG-Duhorn can polish up Marty Collins B-Ball game then and only then will I give them the "Props" they deserve.

It is not everyday that you hear Walt Frazier consistently talk about a NBA Guard that he would like to help polish up their performance.
We are talking about coach Holzman star guard Frazier that co-existed well with Monroe, Bibby, and Dick Barnette in the backcourt.
Marv Albert & Mark Jackson also said a few good things about Marty Collins raw performance.

This is the only Forum where members consider Marty Collins as a D.League player. When alot of NBA analyst believe Collins need a coaches confidence in him to step his level up to become a defensive combo-guard in the NBA.

moneyg

Starter
i think it was tom timbeo... the guy coaching boston's defense. i do see similarities in marty and frank. frank work on his 3pt shoot and and thats what made him so good. i was happy when the marbury trade happen. but i though that frank would have served us bettter in the long haul.

portega1968

El Cacique
Recall, Charlie Ward did not get any playingtime untill his 4th season with the Knicks. When Mark Jackson and Strictland was off the team. also his Jumpshot came in his later years.
What I also recall about Charlie Ward is every offseason he was a Knick the Knick Fans and media wanted Ward traded.
Do you think Dantoni can help Collins, like Frazier said he could?

Portega, I dont know you like that, and you did nothing to respond to the main topic. So take your hater-club and spell check to the next man.

It's funny how people recur to cliches like "Hater" when their arguments lack substance.

Kiya... in my answer it is implicit that I dont think Mardy Collins is going anywhere dude and that I don't agree with your conclusions.

And if that isn't enough for you to realize I've addressed the topic, well allow me to be more explicit... your analyses that Mardy (not Marty) will flourish under D'Antoni licks my huevos homey and can only be borne out of a brain hooked on rat poison.

jpz17

Starter
For those who like or dislike Marty Collins, here's a decent question concerning how well Dantoni can coach young players into his system.

Can and will coach Dantoni improve 6.6 PG-Marty Collins performance this season where the next team will want his services on their roster before the trading deadline?

I seen the leadership performance in PG-Marty Collins talents and skillz on the court at Temple and in the NBA.
It seems Collins has started out his NBA career just like PG-Chauncey Billups who has turned out to be one of the NBA Top 5 PG in the league the last 5 years.

The Knicks broadcast announcer Walt Clyde Frazier seen so much potential in Marty Collins rookie season that he wanted to train him over the offseason to teach him how to take advantage of the 20 foot jumpshots that his height allows him to take over smaller defenders, plus help him define his defensive skillz on certain NBA players. All in all ex Knick Frazier wanted to teach Marty Collins all the things that made him such a successful NBA player.
I was looking foward to see Collins performance under a training process of ex-Knick Frazier. <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

:ban:

D is an incredible coach, heres a question, how MUCH will he improve everyone by?

Paul1355

All Star

D is an incredible coach, heres a question, how MUCH will he improve everyone by?

alot to guys with a good work ethic like David Lee, Wilson Chandler, Nate. Also guys that we know will definetly fit in the 7 second offense style. I mean guys that have a history of taking quick shots, like Crawford.

Mike D will definetly improve: Q Rich(not young), Nate, David Lee, Wilson Chandler, hopefully Zach, and I think Curry will improve somewhat on offense. I think he will get the ball more down low and score more than we saw last year. Crawford will because of the way he just plays offense in general, he will love this style.

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by jpz17

alot to guys with a good work ethic like David Lee, Wilson Chandler, Nate. Also guys that we know will definetly fit in the 7 second offense style. I mean guys that have a history of taking quick shots, like Crawford.

Mike D will definetly improve: Q Rich(not young), Nate, David Lee, Wilson Chandler, hopefully Zach, and I think Curry will improve somewhat on offense. I think he will get the ball more down low and score more than we saw last year. Crawford will because of the way he just plays offense in general, he will love this style.

If coach Dantoni can get this Knick Team to perform at a quicker pace to have an uptempo 7 second offensive style players like Nate, Duhorn, Collins, Chandler, Gallo, Lee, and a under weight Curry (255 lb) would thrive in such a system.

I dont see inconsistent players like Crawford & Q.Richardson poor-passing ability thriving in this system game after game especially if they are the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd options on offense, both have very poor decision making and their court-awareness for teammates is very questionable.

Dantoni had problems with Marbury running an uptempo style in phoenix, and the last 5 years Marbury showed no indication of being an uptempo PG in his halfcourt offense.

If the Knicks still have Zach Randolph on the team this season there will be no uptempo transition while Zach is on the court. Zach have problems finishing on a fastbreak, and Alley-oop is a foreign word to Zach talent.

Next on the Knicks roster is Jerome James, Malik Rose, Jefferies, Ewing Jr., and Roberson with latter 2 being raw players but better in an uptempo system than the 3 veterans.
You call it...

Toons

is the Bo$$
kyiah, cut the crap ok....u have neer seen them play, so stop saying how they WILL play....stop bolding mardy collins, he is cow shit, he sucks, point blank. He had an entire season to step up, and failed miserably. How can u call crawford and q inconsistant, but yet u support collins, nichols, morris? can a moderator ban this guy from sayin demetrius nichols name PLEASE! he is gone....he has been gone....and he still isnt ready for the nba. Crawford in better than nichols....we dont need a broke crawford on the knicks. U give larry brown props, an u have seen what he has done with the knicks, and hasnt coached a game in charlotte....but yet, u discredit an accomplished coach who is recognized and coveted by the majority of players in the nba. ya posts are losing credit every time u post....i dont even bother to read them anymore

Kiyaman

Legend
kyiah, cut the crap ok....u have neer seen them play, so stop saying how they WILL play....stop bolding mardy collins, he is cow shit, he sucks, point blank. He had an entire season to step up, and failed miserably. How can u call crawford and q inconsistant, but yet u support collins, nichols, morris? can a moderator ban this guy from sayin demetrius nichols name PLEASE! he is gone....he has been gone....and he still isnt ready for the nba. Crawford in better than nichols....we dont need a broke crawford on the knicks. U give larry brown props, an u have seen what he has done with the knicks, and hasnt coached a game in charlotte....but yet, u discredit an accomplished coach who is recognized and coveted by the majority of players in the nba. ya posts are losing credit every time u post....i dont even bother to read them anymore

Tunes or Toons. I thought you knew a little something about B-Ball but I guess I was wrong.
I mention all those young players names because they could have got us a 23 or a 33 win season too.
I thought you would be the one to catch on.
Every other Knick Forum caught on quick except the Lame members in this forum who want to promote and glorify all of the bum players that Isiah traded for and signed with the MLE.
2008 = 23 wins
2007 = 33 wins
2006 = 23 wins
2005 = 33 wins
Nate, Collins, Nichols, Ariza, Balkman, Lee, Frye, Morris, and Butler could've gave the Knicks the same win seasons.

And what makes it real bad is "That's what your mouth say!" you will never bet a penny out of your pocket on the Knicks to win with Bums like Crawford, Q,Rich, Marbury, Zach, Jefferies, and Curry, under coach Dantoni and Walsh.

You guys dont even have a clue what Kiya means...

portega1968

El Cacique

You guys dont even have a clue what Kiya means...

Well, let's see.... We sure know it doesn't mean "expert on the Knicks". It probably means Marty Collins' love child.

Just to stay on topic, MarDy Collins will not be a Knick by the end of this season, ok?

Kiya, you that gay DJ referenced below in point #3 (Kiya is a female name):

1. Kiya was a wife of Egyptian Pharaoh Akhenaten. Little is known about her, and her actions and roles are poorly documented in the historical record in contrast to Akhenaten's first (and chief) royal wife, Nefertiti. The name Kiya itself is cause for much debate. It has been suggested that it is a "pet" form, rather than a full name, and as such could well be a contraction of a foreign name. In inscriptions, Kiya is given the titles of "The Favorite" and "The Greatly Beloved", but never of "Heiress" or "Great Royal Wife", which suggests that she was not of royal Egyptian blood.

2. Kiya - mother of King Tut

3. DJ John Kiya - Although raised in a small coastal city in Southern California, Kiya's experiences have taken him far beyond his childhood suggests. Having moved to Italy at age 19, his experience living in the cosmopolitan city of Milan and his travels around Europe and Asia opened his mind to different cultures, peoples, and of course, music from all over the world. "I always liked to dance, and I always loved music, but I never realized how much more there was to music until I saw people of all colors and backgrounds together as one in harmony," Kiya said referring to his first experience in Ibiza in the summer of 2001. (http://kiya.it)

4. Kiya Knives - Founded in the center of Tokyo in 1792, Kiya knives have been popular with professional and amateur chefs for many years. Kiya produces a wide variety of knives and other kitchen products.