Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the knicks franchise player

Originally Posted by moneyg
    its chandler, he will be the franchise player just like danny granger has become the one in indiana

marbury is not hungry anymore. trust me i know his family and friends. he feel happy just to make it out the hood. he feels he won in the game of life already.. just like isiah

lee is a very good role player. and will always be one

Oh so you've had barbecues wit Stephon and his family now? you know exactly how he will approach this year? Even though he is fighting for a decent contact next year and has been known as a nothing since coming here, he has something to prove and he knows it. I disagree. I think he will come out strong and try better than he has the past few years. I think he wants to surprise people and leave on a good note.

For all pratical purposes David Lee is our franchise player because he's the only one that can energize the entire fan base. Marbury may be the most "talented" player and the most over-paid on the roster but he's not the franchise player.

Lee is the franchise player because he can energize the fans, plays with heart, brings maximum effort and is prepared to play every time his number is called. And most important he isn't LAZY. Now how many guys on the roster can you say have those qualities?

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Oh so you've had barbecues wit Stephon and his family now? you know exactly how he will approach this year? Even though he is fighting for a decent contact next year and has been known as a nothing since coming here, he has something to prove and he knows it. I disagree. I think he will come out strong and try better than he has the past few years. I think he wants to surprise people and leave on a good note.
    oh i have done more than BBQs with his family and friends..... so i guess ur bascially saying that he will only play good for a new contract .. i can believe that. sounds like him. im not bashin him. but every offseason i ask ...." yo ..whats up with ur cousin" and i hear the same story...

i lluv marbury. i just want him to stop acting so negative.

but im sure he gots stuff on me.... just like he has on isiah...(snitch)

Originally Posted by moneyg
    oh i have done more than BBQs with his family and friends..... so i guess ur bascially saying that he will only play good for a new contract .. i can believe that. sounds like him. im not bashin him. but every offseason i ask ...." yo ..whats up with ur cousin" and i hear the same story...

i lluv marbury. i just want him to stop acting so negative.

but im sure he gots stuff on me.... just like he has on isiah...(snitch)
    And the news of his father passing away have any affect on his approach towards the game? Something that drastic usually hits ****y players like Stephon pretty hard. And changes them in some positive way.

Veteran

i sure hope so....

looking back at this... we had Chandler, Gallo, and Lee.

Had the Knicks stayed the course, built around those three and maybe landed a Center or signed DWill when he was a FA...

Would that have been SO bad??

Originally Posted by johnk812
    looking back at this... we had Chandler, Gallo, and Lee.

Had the Knicks stayed the course, built around those three and maybe landed a Center or signed DWill when he was a FA...

Would that have been SO bad??
    yup because none of those guys are legit franchise players

I'd welcome Lee back right now however

Veteran

Patrick Ewing was our last decent Franchise-Player, Ewing was equal to the Spurs David Robinson, back then.
    Although, David Robinson took Tim Duncan under his wing to produce a 4 Championship ring Franchise Player.
    Patrick Ewing could have done the same with Marcus Camby, but the combination of ego-selfishness with a patsy headcoach JVG, lead Ewing in the wrong direction when Ewing demanded to be traded after one season with teammate Marcus Camby. Such foolishness would have never happen under HC Pat Riley, or HC Red Holzman.
    Patrick Ewing did have a reason for being upset after losing both his teammates friends "Oakley & Starks" to trades in the offseason for players that were much more athletic and talented then them (in Camby & Sprewell).
    HC Riley or Holzman would have told Ewing, "To get over it, we are playing for a Championship Ring".

To this day, I wonder how the 1999 FINALS would have turned out if Ewing would have participated?
    The Knicks beat the #1 Team (Miami Heat Pat Riley & Mourning) that everyone believe throughout the regular season was going to win the 1999 NBA championship.
    I lost all my confidence and praise for HC JVG in 1999, for all his foolish coaching to please our Franchise-Player Patrick Ewing Ego throughout the 1999 season (Mike Woodson and Franchise-Player ISO-Melo Ego)...