Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article Suggest we win between 19-29 this season

Hybrid View

Default Article Suggest we win between 19-29 this season

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

At first I was pissed, and thought what idiot would think that, until I thought about how every season it seems as if we are predicting a playoff berth and it never comes to pass. Hell maybe setting the bar low will be good for us! Not to mention we own our pick in the draft, 19-29 wins is for sure a top six again! Damn already thinking of next off season!

I do disagree that we will for sure drop the first two games of the season, I think that Philly and Miami got better, but, Miami is still very beatable, and Philly may take a month or so to gel.

Sound Off!

im guessing 28-32 wins if zach is here, 25-35 wins without

that makes no sense. the under on your odds of our victories is higher with zach than with out, and the over is higher with out zach than with . I dont get it lol

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    that makes no sense. the under on your odds of our victories is higher with zach than with out, and the over is higher with out zach than with . I dont get it lol
    it means, if we trade xach for crap, we will have a less predictable season, but possibly real good

Well as you said NewYork NewYork I get pissed too when bloggers, and so called experts predict us so low. BUt then after awhile it hits me tht everytime they end up being RIGHT!

But this year Im REALLY REALLY beliveing we could suprise some people. Again I know we end up saying this almost every year but I can feel it this year lol

I'd say a Range of 32-38 Wins. I think just having D'Antoni/Walsh over Isiah is good for 10 more wins. And don't get me wrong cause we obviously are a bad team, but we have too much talent to win 23 games. If we can atleast be in the playoff race in March i'd be happy.

Originally Posted by jpz17
    im guessing 28-32 wins if zach is here, 25-35 wins without
    well your range expanded without Zach going lower and higher in the minimum and max amount of wins.

I think they will win 30-40. New staff, new management, new confidence can all help in win some games that the Knicks should have won last year.

28-35
    if crawford plays a more disciplined game
    if marbury returns to starbury status
    if galinari's name surfaces in ROY talks
    if Curry plays like he did in 06-07
    if chandler shows that he's ready for the starting job
    if david lee gets the staarting pf position
    if we get darko and he blocks shots like crazy
    we can win 40 games

but then again
    if if was a spliff, the world wud b high

Originally Posted by Toons
    28-35
    if crawford plays a more disciplined game
    if marbury returns to starbury status
    if galinari's name surfaces in ROY talks
    if Curry plays like he did in 06-07
    if chandler shows that he's ready for the starting job
    if david lee gets the staarting pf position
    if we get darko and he blocks shots like crazy
    we can win 40 games

but then again
    if if was a spliff, the world wud b high
    Toons, honestly, if all of that positive stuff happens, the Knicks would make the playoffs.

word@paul

if the knicks play close to that, they'll hit 50 easy

if the knicks play the way i hope, 40

if the knicks play the way i expect, 30

either way,ill say it again, the future is much brighter now (lady &) gentlemen

Lurker

I think they can win 33-40 games this season with this new system if they keep Zach they needed 2 get Camby or some defensive minded big man Zach overall better player than Eddy.Ben Gordon Would be great addition in this offense off bench and subtract the starache.

na man for real if the knicks make the playoof i will cry man because that is a big improvment **** imagine in 2010 when we get an lebron , or wade or bosh we will be unbeatble

im saying it here first we will make the 8th seed I promise you that, we have depth, we have been together for 4 years now with this squad, and we now have a coach who can max out potential. im not worried one bit. player for player , we are just as good as half the teams in the east, its a matter of winning ball games now. and i know metro card is going to come in out of left field and knock this notion down, for sure. but read the fine print, the knicks have talent. we were right there 2 years ago. and then zeke burned us 5 games into the following season by sitting marbury for no reason, then forcing the team against him, it was all such nonsense, you wont see that **** this year, none of it.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    im saying it here first we will make the 8th seed I promise you that, we have depth, we have been together for 4 years now with this squad, and we now have a coach who can max out potential. im not worried one bit. player for player , we are just as good as half the teams in the east, its a matter of winning ball games now. and i know metro card is going to come in out of left field and knock this notion down, for sure. but read the fine print, the knicks have talent. we were right there 2 years ago. and then zeke burned us 5 games into the following season by sitting marbury for no reason, then forcing the team against him, it was all such nonsense, you wont see that **** this year, none of it.
    I don't know if you've noticed but our "talent" SUCKS and have been for the last 6 years. I don't get this idiotic notion that just because the knicks have "talent" or so-called talent that it will get them anywhere. Fact is the knicks players are LAZY.

They put in no effort when cheney was here, wilkens, brown, Isiah what makes people think that they will put it in any effort while Dantoni is here?
    The most disfunctional team in the NBA has never shown any heart, effort, preperation, hustle, teamwork, leadership...nothing. I doubt all that will change with Dantoni.

They keep saying all the right things during the off-season but when the regular season comes they all that BS falls away and they are exposed as having done nothing to improve themselves. I will not take the word of any of the knicks players or front office personal as to what "improvements" they have made in the off-season. I will not believe that they have made any improvements until I see it on the court and so far I have seen very little.

As the saying goes...

"Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard."

Lurker

The Knicks Should bring back Allan Package Zach 4 Ben Gordon and Drew Gooden.Get rid of James,Starbury and Malik Rose they really need 2 have back up option besides 2010 free Agency class chanes r wade stays lebron if interested in coming would not if we have the money but no talent trying 2 free cap space. I still prefer Zach over Eddy but with a move like that we could be playoff bound in this new system.