Randolph is a Doormat, NY Times

Oldtimer

Rotation player
The Knicks Draft Picks to Trade.

I do not believe that the Knicks can trade a first round draft pick unless it is for 2012 or thereafter.

As a result of the Marbury trade, Utah has our 2009 first round pick, if the pick is 23rd or later. Not likely to happen. The Knicks are not going to be among the top 8 teams. That means that Utah will get the first round 2010 pick, which is not protected.

A team can not trade first round picks in consecutive years. That means that if Utah, gets our first round pick in 2010, we will not be able to deal the 2011 pick.

Hopefully, by 2012 we will not be in too much of a rebuilding mode. Although I hate to give up a first rounder, I am not terribly concerned about including the pick in a deal for Zach.

I do not believe that Zach is necessarily more easily tradeable next year, unless he has a great 2008-2009 season.

There are a couple of teams, particularly Sacramento, that have bad contracts that go to, not through, 2010. Sacramento owes Kenny Thomas $8.562M for 2008 and $8.775M for 2009. It owes Abdur-Rahim $6.2M and $6.6M. The two of them for the two years total a little over $30M. Zach's three years total $48M. If Sacramento took Zack and gave us Thomas and Abdur Rahim, its effective net cost for Zach would be $6M per year - the extra $18M over the three years. I do not think that Sacramento has much in their plans for Thomas or Abdur-Rahim.

Buying out Thomas and Abdur-Rahim would be costly, but Zach's contract will disappear and Thomas and Abdur-Rahim have no 2010 contracts. Even if we get no other player, we keep our draft pick.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Kevin McFail is almost as dumb as isiah...theres a timberwolves fan on another site that i post on that will argue on and on that mcFail is worse then isiah.