How excited are you about the upcoming season?

How excited are you about the upcoming Season?

• Im excited about watching the big cock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a boner

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Im looking forward to watching the knicks again

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • The knicks will suck again

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • It will be nice just to watch basketball again

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Were gonna be a new team...cant wait

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • We'll all stop watching after the first month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haterburys lost

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im lookin forward to it but im not expecting big things. Im just hoping to see the celtics look old and suck this year. Im looking forward to watching players on other teams develop (like dwight howard, josh smith, etc.) just as much as im lookin forward to watching the knicks.

New New York

Quiet Storm
The NBA season in whole I'm not too excited about. But, I am always amped for the Knicks season! I'm curious about The Sixers, I rarely will cheer for a team in our Division, but I like the makeup of that team. I'm also curious to see Beasley.....You know what's funny I didnt even realize when typing those last two statements that those are out first two regular season match ups (Mia, and Phil.)

Anyways...I never really got the Terry Porter to Pheonix hire, nor did I get the Vinny Del Negro hire for Chicago so I wonder how those will turn out. Maybe I can see The Suns passing on Mark Jackson because atleast they got an expeirenced coach, but if I had to choose a first time coach between Mark Jackson and Vinny D. for sure I wouldve taken Mark. So I'm curious to see if Vinny Del Negro can prove me wrong. On that note.....is it me or does John Paxon know how to blow some nice breaks he catches. I mean he puts together a solid playoff team with The League's lowest payroll, and then he blows a large chunk of cap on Ben Wallace, then Isiah gives him two lottery picks that he misuses. Now I like Tyrus Thomas, but Lamarcus Aldrige is what they need now, and plus they he wouldve looked good playing with Wallace.Ok Back to Paxon... Then he gets the number one overall pick chooses what is projected to be the next great PG and passes on a future Hall of Fame PG to coach him! So The Bulls will be an interesting team for me to follow.

But where it starts and where it ends is NY! I want to see if teams will take Donnie seriously in their trade proposals for Zach considering he turned down two deals this off season. I want to see how Steph looks in Dantoni's system. I want to see if Jamal truley improves on D (stranger things have happened). Will Wilson be the player I predicted him to be from his first Summer League game last season, will Danillo show the same sort of poise he did in his only Summer League game this year? Will Jerome James force us to buyout next season optional pay or will he be content in just taking this season's money? Is Mike Dantoni good enough to maximize our teams strengths?

All that and more coming in three weeks!

Paul1355

All Star
It's a positive

New coach, New management, some new players....if anyone was able to watch most games last year than this year is something that is really worth watching. At least the fans and even our team gained confidence again. We know that with a couple of moves and some expiring contracts, we can be something very easily. Any team with our payroll can pull something like the Celtics did signing big names and turning a franchise around. Also the fact that we have some young start in Wilson Chandler and David Lee that will get sufficient playing time unlike last year. Mike D is a better coach than Isiah in every category. We all know that we are one step in the right direction. All we have to do is wait for that second step, and we'll be on our way once again.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Unfortunately, I think we are going to be terrible again this year.

We should be a bit better with the addition of Gallinari and the development of Chandler. Plus, regardless of whether Marbury is back or not, Duhon is better than having no real PG at all like last year. All that plus fewer distractions etc... should make us better.

The problem is that a lot of other teams in the east got a lot better. It's going to tough to win more than 30-35 games plus or minus a few.

Paul1355

All Star
The signing of D'Antoni and Walsh were the biggest improvements by far in the past couple years. Isiah was the cancer to this franchise, and it is now cured. With these two guys leading the team, their is a new approach that is positive because anything is better than Isiah, period. We all should expect a better year for the Knicks.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We are going to suck this year. Our biggest weakness was defense and we signed a coach that doesn't teach defense and traded away our best defensive player. Plus, we have the exact same starting lineup as last year. I'm predicting a 25 win season, unless Donnie actually does something and moves our cancer players.

Paul1355

All Star
We are going to suck this year. Our biggest weakness was defense and we signed a coach that doesn't teach defense and traded away our best defensive player. Plus, we have the exact same starting lineup as last year. I'm predicting a 25 win season, unless Donnie actually does something and moves our cancer players.

Your missing something very important, what is the most important thing for a team? Chemistry, and it was by far our biggest problem. And we had a coach that just created more of it day after day in Isiah Thomas. Now we have a coach that stresses chemistry. This mental approach to the game to trust your players and play good as a team can beat teams that just stress defense. And who says D'Antoni can't improve the defense? Anyone is better than Isiah, you will see improvement all around. Mike D can't have a successful run and gun style unless he gets steals, and forced turnovers to create fast breaks. His style makes defense a catalyst.

Pricey

Rotation player
im just looking forward to basketball being back on. Im not expecting anything from NY, to go in with no expectations means u wont be dissapointed :)
Nah in all seriousness i know we wont have a winning season but as long as we play entertaining ball and the team chemistry improves and players go out wanting to play for the jersey and their team mates then thats all i can ask for.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Your missing something very important, what is the most important thing for a team? Chemistry, and it was by far our biggest problem. And we had a coach that just created more of it day after day in Isiah Thomas. Now we have a coach that stresses chemistry. This mental approach to the game to trust your players and play good as a team can beat teams that just stress defense. And who says D'Antoni can't improve the defense? Anyone is better than Isiah, you will see improvement all around. Mike D can't have a successful run and gun style unless he gets steals, and forced turnovers to create fast breaks. His style makes defense a catalyst.

I agree D'Antoni is an improvement over Isiah. But the fact remains, we have the same starting lineup as last year. A coach doesn't teach chemistry. That should come naturally with good, team-oriented players. Which we have none of (except D Lee and maybe Gallo).

Who's going to steal the ball for the fast-break? Who can play team ball? Remember, this team quit on Larry Brown too. And how many times have we seen them give up on games? It's not all about the coach. These guys don't have heart.

If Zach is gone I will be more optimistic. Just waiting for Donnie to do something. A lineup of...

PG-Duhon
SG-Chandler
SF-Gallo
PF-Lee
C-Darko

...would give me more hope than our curent roster.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm sure no member in this forum want Kiyaman to put down his veiws or outcome of this Knick season.
So I won't.

I do want to see how well Philly bigmen trio setup this season Dalembert, Brand, and Iggy.

I also want to see how well Toronto PG-Caldron orchestrate their 8-man rotation using Barg, Bosh, and a healthy J.O'Neal (those 3 bigmen is 10 assist by halftime LOL).

Looking to see how well the Detroit Piston new C-Kwame Brown do alongside of veterans Rasheed and Mcdyess dominating workout sessions after his 3 year tutledge with Laker coach Phil Jax. How will the Pistons five year starters use Kwame Brown as their center?

Is any team going to sign and trade for Ben Gordon? do you think Paxon would do it for Crawford on the last day? LOL

Is Pat Riley going to concentrate on making Wade, Marion, and Beasely close best friends on and off the court?

Looking forward to the Phil Jax Lakers to win their first 20 out of 25 games.

I am looking foward to see if the two injury-prone franchise players Yao & T-Mac let Ron Artest lead the Houston Rockets team to the Western Conference FINALS this season with the two players finally playing a full season together.

Dallas hiring coach Rick Carlisle when the Knicks had that golden oportunity puts Dallas back on the winning track with Kidd starting a full season with his teammates.

What will Nash do without Marion take charge leadership of the Phoenix bigmen.
I feel for coach Terry Porter who will receive all the blame for a team that already fell apart in last postseason first round elimination.
No! Phoenix is not making the playoffs this season.

I must mention the Denver Nuggets getting the player (SF-Tazman) that will thrive hard alongside of PF-Kenyon Martin to defensively beat the elite teams in the league. I signed up for NBA TV already to watch or record the Denver defensive tandem.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Theres a certain player who will be back this year, and i think he can make us a borderline playoff team. But even if we make the playoffs we'll get embarrassed in the 1st round. I think knicklover mentioned what will be the best reasons to watch the knicks, and thats to see gallinari and the development of chandler. For those who like marbury it will be good to see him playing again too.

metrocard

Legend
I'm hoping Jose Juan Barea has a breakout season. He's Steve Nash waiting to be release. Pass first up tempo PG with elite skill.

I hope we trade Nate Robinson for him.