Can The Jets win The AFC East Now?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Brady is down and Farve is in QBing Gang Green!

So is it our year to claim The AFC East?

Also how do yall think Chad Pennington looked last week? Kinda wish we still had him for insurance. To be honest I wasnt a huge fan when he was a Jet, but you know the say you don't know what you got.....

Paul1355

All Star
possible, but not probable.

Pennington and the Dolphins are one of the worst teams in football, Jets fans should not get too ahead of themselves. I do think that because Brady is out, they have a better chance at being a contender in the AFC East, but they won't win it. The Patriots did lose a big player, but they still have the rest of their team that almost went undefeated last year. With some pressure, Favre will fold just like he did against the Giants. Any team with a good defensive line can beat the Jets. Watch the Bills this year, they can also make it tough for the Jets. I think the jets will finish 2nd in the AFC East barely passing the Bills.

Today's game against the Pats will predict everything, so for the record, I am saying this prediction before the Jets vs Patriots game in week 2.

Paul1355

All Star
As I predicted, the Jets would lose to the Pats. Odds are after seeing this game that the Jets will finish 2nd in their division unless Buffalo breaks out this year which some sports analyst are saying. It's exciting to watch Favre but putting all your money on him is a mistake and the O-line will be something that can change games for the NY JETS in a bad way.

clumsy

Rotation player
HELL NO. The Jets suck. (I'm biased cuz i'm a Giants fan, but i watch cuz of fantasy)

Honestly i think it starts with Mangini. He has the most conservative play calling ever, and is really not playing to the strengths of Brett. The defense has been atrocious too. Thomas Jones SUCKS. This dude has no quickness, and never breaks any tackles...What does this cat do well. They need to utilize Leon more out the flat (like Reggie Bush) and have Cotchery go for the deep ball sometimes.

Buffalo has an ill defense. They have WR's too. And Marshawn Lynch is the best running back in this division.

I hate Brady and thought he was overrated because he had Moss on his team (cuz i thought he was lucky all those other years) but after a couple games it is clear to me, that i was the one was wrong. If anything he is one of the best QB's ever.

And people hate on Chad, but he is one of the smartest QB's in the league. The only thing he can't do is take a team from behind cuz he doesn't have an arm

H20

Rookie
i hope so....its gunna be hard but still very possible especially with tom Brady out

th3realicon

Rotation player
I can't believe i am saying this but i will be rooting for you this game. Can you please beat the Titans? :D

All joking aside though, i really can't see the Jets pull this off. The Titans are just too good. This game and a NE win will probably blow the AFC wide open.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
big win for the jets vs the titans on the road too:aplause: they for real

how bout my man(no homo) T.O 7 catches 213 rec yds 1 td

COWBOYS are back!!! yea man:peace:

th3realicon

Rotation player
Wow the Jets pulled this off. It's true. It's damn true.

I am happy for Jets fans but i honestly still think that they will choke. Jenksins went down today he might be out. To add to it NE won in blow out fashion against the Dolphins so i wouldn't crown the Jets AFC champs as of yet.

My Giants beat a good team in Arizona and together with Tennessee hold the best record in all of football. :) And all of this was done without Jacobs.;)

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the jets are the real deal they could go to the superbowl this year their running game is one of the best defense is good and their offense is lead by the best quarterbak in NFL history they for real

and th3realicon we'll see you in 2 weeks...were healthy now so dont expect a walk in the park lmao

th3realicon

Rotation player
I expect another win in big D. Honestly though not even a healthy Romo can figure out out sofocating blitz. To add to that our offense is becoming the best on the league. Jacobs, Ward and Bradshaw will run through the Dallas defense like crazy. I do not see any team taking us out. Not to sound arrogant but the only team that might make us break a sweat is Pitt. And i mean just making us work a win not actually contesting us a win.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I expect another win in big D. Honestly though not even a healthy Romo can figure out out sofocating blitz. To add to that our offense is becoming the best on the league. Jacobs, Ward and Bradshaw will run through the Dallas defense like crazy. I do not see any team taking us out. Not to sound arrogant but the only team that might make us break a sweat is Pitt. And i mean just making us work a win not actually contesting us a win.

i thought the same thing last year and we lost to the Giants in the playoffs...just dont expect easy path to the superbowl the cowboys will be tough...Romo could move around the pocket and make it hard for your fast defense to get him...keep in mind your line is good but you dont have your probowler(Osi)...were the only team in the NFC that could stop you guys from running away with the conference title-not to sound bias

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
Wow I starting typing a rant until I relized the post I was responding to was posted in September lol.
J.E.T.S. JETS JETS JETS!

Paul1355

All Star
Jets are getting lucky...catching teams at the right times.

The Titans are over rated people....they will lose the first round of the playoffs...been saying it for some time.

They were on a hot streak just like the Jets are on now.

They are so over rated its not even funny.

Put them up against The Giants and you will see dead men in green jerseys all over the field.

Favre needs to be rushed and he folds...give him time and he becomes a good QB. Favre is so bad when he is rushed that he turns out being the way he was against the Giants in the playoffs last year. He looked like Rex Grossman with the pressure.

KBlack25

Starter
Co-sign Paul. You saw what the Giants' defense did to Favre in Green Bay in the NFC Championship. They got to him, rushed his throws and picked him off 5 times. A strong defensive line that gets a lot of pressure on the QB will cause Favre to make bad decisions. Favre relies a lot on his athleticism, he's been called a gunslinger and that's exactly what he is. Rushing a gun slinger forces him to throw into confused or problematic coverage. Leaving him open allows him to take his time and rifle the ball.

th3realicon

Rotation player
The Giants only real threat so far i believe is the Carolina Panthers. They have a history of getting into Elis' skin. A couple of years back they handed our arses in a silver platter in the playoffs. We the moment of truth would come sooner or later. We do play them before the season is over. Before that we should cream the Dallas/Washington/Eagles trio to secure the division although we are in such a good possition that beating just one of them would suffice to secure the division.

Paul1355

All Star
The Giants only real threat so far i believe is the Carolina Panthers. They have a history of getting into Elis' skin. A couple of years back they handed our arses in a silver platter in the playoffs. We the moment of truth would come sooner or later. We do play them before the season is over. Before that we should cream the Dallas/Washington/Eagles trio to secure the division although we are in such a good possition that beating just one of them would suffice to secure the division.

yea I agree the Panthers still have their number for the past few years. Especially when we got crushed by them one playoff game 20-0, i remember that like it was yesterday.

THE ONLY weakness that the Giants have is being over confident because when they are over confident they lose to teams like the Browns who aren't half the team the Giants are.

When they are the under dogs they do amazing and play better than they normally would....we saw that in the payoffs last year knocking off Dallas, Green Bay and New England when all of them were on hot streaks and no one thought they would win.

Giants are the best current team in the NFL hands down.