Gallo's Agent: "He'll be ready to go"

Trin_Starr

Starter
more like it wont :)
Agents are supposed to downplay stuff like this...the part about the knicks not commenting scares...plus I read today that he was given a cortisone shot on monday for the pain - why did they wait so long?? this could be a nagging injury....jeez I hope it isnt bad as it seems

Kiyaman

Legend
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">
Two months after sustaining the initial injury, Danilo Gallinari's back is still feeling a bit al dente. As a result, the Knicks' prized Italian rookie remains sidelined less than two weeks before the opening of training camp.

Yet there are no indications that Gallinari, the sixth overall pick in the 2008 draft, won't be ready for the start of camp Sept. 30 in Saratoga Springs. A team spokesman would say only that Gallinari's injury "is not a serious concern" and the Knicks are "being careful" with the 20-year-old forward.

But a person with knowledge of the situation said there is a great deal of disappointment that Gallinari didn't come back to New York sooner to work with the team's medical staff and prepare himself for his first NBA season. There may not be long-term concern with the injury, but the team is worried that the residual effect of the injury will hamper Gallinari's effectiveness - if not his ability to get critical minutes in exhibition play - early in the season.

Gallinari injured his back in the first game of the NBA Summer League on July 15. He had 14 points in a win over the Cavaliers and had some impressive moments, but the lasting impression was that of him packed in ice after the game after being knocked to the hardwood by NBA veteran Robert "Tractor" Traylor. It was the only game Gallinari, who said he was fatigued and sore, played in the five-game summer league.

The Knicks allowed him to return to Italy in August to play for his country in a few international tournaments. But Gallinari continued to experience pain and eventually left the Italian national team in late August. He only arrived in New York this week.

While Gallinari remains sidelined, another rookie, Patrick Ewing, Jr., has created some buzz during the pickup games at the voluntary workouts at Skidmore College with his athleticism, strength and intensity.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Kiyaman

Legend
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">
Sore back sidelines Knicks rookie Gallinari

MARCUS HENRY September 19, 2008

Don't expect to see Knicks rookie Danilo Gallinari playing any time soon.

Gallinari, the sixth overall pick in the 2008 draft, might not be ready for the start of training camp Sept. 30. He hurt his back July 15 in the first game of the NBA Summer League.

"We'll see," he said at last night's Liberty playoff game when asked if he will be ready to go. "I was optimistic about that, but I don't know now."

Gallinari, who said he arrived in New York last week, hasn't played since leaving the Italian national team in late August and isn't sure when he'll begin practicing with the Knicks. "I've been taking treatment and resting," he said.

Gallinari dismissed the notion that the Knicks were upset he didn't come back sooner for treatment. "No," the 20-year-old said. "Everybody was OK."

He said a recent MRI showed no damage. "My back is a little sore," he said. "I just need to take my time. I want to get out there as soon as possible." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Paul1355

All Star
People shoudn't worry right now. Only thing to worry about is when he comes back if he gets hit again and the back acts up, then you know we might have a problem. As of right now, it's just a minor setback for Gallo and he if anything should miss a few games at the maximum. But I expect him to play the first game of the year. This injury was a while ago.

Kiyaman

Legend
I dont like to say much on Gallinari although, I wanted a young guard out of the draft, or trade a certain Knick player for a later pick but that's history.

It is too early to say anything about Gallo total performance and talent other than what we seen in that one SL game. I'm baffled about the contact between Trailor & Gallo because that is considered average contact in the NBA.
He could turn out to be a nice player we just don't know yet. Will he be Kukoc? Will he be Dirk? Will he be Odom? Probably not. Yet let's not pretend he's Lampe either because he is clearly much better.
It just remains to be seen how good he will be but he's no bust either.

If Gallo Back keep giving him problems during training camp and the preseason games it will give Wilson Chandler some decent consistent playingtime.

method

Rookie
With the Zach trade dead Gallo wont be getting much playing time anway untill hopefully the trade deadline.

Paul1355

All Star
With the Zach trade dead Gallo wont be getting much playing time anway untill hopefully the trade deadline.

nah, Gallo HAS to get playing time. The 6th pick of the New York Knicks in a desperate time needs to play and prove to be good. And even though he is 19, he will get playing time, or else the NY fans will be really pissed.

Paul1355

All Star
I dont like to say much on Gallinari although, I wanted a young guard out of the draft, or trade a certain Knick player for a later pick but that's history.

It is too early to say anything about Gallo total performance and talent other than what we seen in that one SL game. I'm baffled about the contact between Trailor & Gallo because that is considered average contact in the NBA.
He could turn out to be a nice player we just don't know yet. Will he be Kukoc? Will he be Dirk? Will he be Odom? Probably not. Yet let's not pretend he's Lampe either because he is clearly much better.
It just remains to be seen how good he will be but he's no bust either.

If Gallo Back keep giving him problems during training camp and the preseason games it will give Wilson Chandler some decent consistent playingtime.

good point on if Gallo misses time, it give Chandler more time. Very true, and Chandler is so far the most promising young player on this team. And has proven to get a shot at starting sooner or later.
:agreed: