Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crawford previews each Knick Player

I wouldn't put any stock into that...it's been the same claim for the past few months...

Donnie would be a fool to do this. Miami, Boston, GS, and washington are EXTREMELY high on scooping up marbury for a vet's minimum if he is waived...
    The dude is focused and ready to play this season. Another article mentioned that while has not scrimmaged with those players, he has been working religiously at the knicks practice facility on his own.

New York Knicks
    Do not put as much stock into Chris Duhon as new Knicks general manager Donnie Walsh did this summer. New coach Mike D’Antoni tends to play the best shooters on his roster, and Duhon certainly is not that. For his career, the Duke product is a pedestrian 38.7 percent field goal shooter. Despite all the Stephon Marbury out of New York rumors, do not be surprised to see the much-maligned Starbury have one of his best seasons in a Knicks uniform. Aside from his obvious advantages on offense over Duhon, Marbury will be playing for a contract this season. If there’s anything positive you can count on Marbury for, it should be individual production in the face of free agency.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by MSG Knicks
    Definitely a lot to be excited about this season.
    Whats with the name?
    Originally Posted by Starks
    Qrich sounds pumped up, but its just a matter of time before his back gets blown out.

I'm really pulling for Allan to make the team. This season is already lost, it wouldn't hurt us to give a Knick hero a proper swan season. Plus the fact that he is the best shooter at training camp helps. Mike D would get the most out of him.

I also want to see Ewing Jr make it. He blocks shots and defense is worth more than scoring to me.

I think Jamal should have at least mentioned Marbs. Too big of a name to leave out. It's like he was doing it on purpose.

jamal is still on his fathers side, so hes not cool with starbury

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    My question to you MSG is, why isn't Marbury at these voluntary get togethers? Wouldn't you say this is a great time to build team chemistry? I mean Grunwald is even there and he has absolutely no shot at making the team. Makes not sense to me, you'd figure a guy who claims to have changed would make a point of being there.
    Close sources has told me hes been running in the mountains, lifting weights, and training with the marines.

Originally Posted by Starks
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

UPDATE.

Looks like the Stephon Era Knicks period is coming to an end. No wonder Jamal didn't mention him.

Wire Reports are saying that he is going to be waived
    My sources have also told me that donnie and mike D are now very high on marbury, and preparing to offer him a very large contract extension.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33

My sources have also told me that donnie and mike D are now very high on marbury, and preparing to offer him a very large contract extension.
    Please dont scare me.

Marbury isn't mentioned in this....not good...i want him to play this year. Something might happen.

why cant every one just realize marbury is on the decline. I dont get it, he has been injury prone for the last season and a half. His attitude is horrible, his weaknesses have been exploited based on the fact he cant run up and down for 40 minutes a game like he used to. He pushed himself extremely hard 2 seasons ago when the knicks lost Q rich Jamal and Lee down the stretch and that seemed like it took everything out of his knees. Marbury is done, he has become a role player making kobe bryant money, thats what no one seems to realize, from a business mans perspective ala donnie walsh, he is a college graduate still living at home and having his father pay for all of his bills. Yeah he used to be this young kid who had all the potential to pay out, but for god sakes its been half a decade now and he hasnt done a damn thing to prove he is a winner in new york. or any where. His career is dwindling, and the knicks are blossoming, it is time to move on. and any one who believes the knicks are terrible and have no talent have no idea how much a lack of chemistry and team unity , and off the court drama in the NBA effect a teams chance to win basketball games.

now I Agree the east is better, but I dont care if we win 35 games next year and watch the team come together, as long as its not with a man who doesnt deserve to don john starks number on the roster.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    why cant every one just realize marbury is on the decline. I dont get it, he has been injury prone for the last season and a half. His attitude is horrible, his weaknesses have been exploited based on the fact he cant run up and down for 40 minutes a game like he used to. He pushed himself extremely hard 2 seasons ago when the knicks lost Q rich Jamal and Lee down the stretch and that seemed like it took everything out of his knees. Marbury is done, he has become a role player making kobe bryant money, thats what no one seems to realize, from a business mans perspective ala donnie walsh, he is a college graduate still living at home and having his father pay for all of his bills. Yeah he used to be this young kid who had all the potential to pay out, but for god sakes its been half a decade now and he hasnt done a damn thing to prove he is a winner in new york. or any where. His career is dwindling, and the knicks are blossoming, it is time to move on. and any one who believes the knicks are terrible and have no talent have no idea how much a lack of chemistry and team unity , and off the court drama in the NBA effect a teams chance to win basketball games.

now I Agree the east is better, but I dont care if we win 35 games next year and watch the team come together, as long as its not with a man who doesnt deserve to don john starks number on the roster.
    But you can still agree that he is the most talented and experienced player on this team. And the only guy that if he ever got hot, could carry a team.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    But you can still agree that he is the most talented and experienced player on this team. And the only guy that if he ever got hot, could carry a team.
    he had some amazing moments like that shot in phx... but he was traded from every team for a reason he isnt that type of point guard and now that chris paul and deron williams are the new points of this generation he cant help but look on and try to keep up he old and done ....

Originally Posted by GTKnicksFAN
    he had some amazing moments like that shot in phx... but he was traded from every team for a reason he isnt that type of point guard and now that chris paul and deron williams are the new points of this generation he cant help but look on and try to keep up he old and done ....
    old but not done, he's 31...still has atleast 5 years left of solid ball if he stays in quality shape and gets lucky with minimal injuries.

Still the most talented and experienced on this team.

I don't know. I think Crawford not mentioning Marbury was a pretty strong clue that he won't be back. If you are a big fan of his though, look at this way. He might wind up on a much better team. Then he'll be able to demonstrate to his critics that a lot of the stuff he was blamed for in the past had more to do with the poor talent around him than his playing etc...

Originally Posted by GTKnicksFAN
    If your brain was chocolate it wouldn't fill an M&M. With that being said, no one has or will pay attention to any of your posts. Apparently, 31 is now considered to be "old and done." How many championships did Michael Jordan win after he was 31? I am not trying to compare marbary to him, but he still has a solid 5 years in him. Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege. I hope to see you not post here again, you air headed nimwit.

where dis u dig those primary school disses from?
    you compare him to jordan, then say ur not gonna compare him to jordan
    just because his opinion is different than urs dosent make him stupid
    cut the man love

Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar
    If your brain was chocolate it wouldn't fill an M&M. With that being said, no one has or will pay attention to any of your posts. Apparently, 31 is now considered to be "old and done." How many championships did Michael Jordan win after he was 31? I am not trying to compare marbary to him, but he still has a solid 5 years in him. Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege. I hope to see you not post here again, you air headed nimwit.
    so u are comparing marbury to jordan very inductive they are totally on the same level of talent and leadership... the truth is marbury is on the decline and he won't be starting for another team when he's done with the knicks ... and for ur boneheaded comments I'm intitled to say what I want its a forum but u should seriously get deported back to whatever third world country u came from cause this forum doesn't need ****holes like u stinking up the place with foul thoughts... and thanks toons
    Last edited by GTKnicksFAN; Sep 20, 2008 at 13:03.

^^

lol you got gold mac'd by pablo. Marbury is still capable of starting, hes still a top 15 point guard in this league. Were all entitled to our own opinions but some opinions are ignorant and stupid. Toons probably even knows that marbury at least still has the potential to be a top 15 pg, your just hating.

All pablo was tryin to say was that players can still have great years after they turn 31, and that michOLD jordan won championships. Stackhouse has been solid, gary payton, jason kidd....Id say 35 is old. I would agree that 31 is where the decline begins but GT took it to far saying hes old and done.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    My question to you MSG is, why isn't Marbury at these voluntary get togethers? Wouldn't you say this is a great time to build team chemistry? I mean Grunwald is even there and he has absolutely no shot at making the team. Makes not sense to me, you'd figure a guy who claims to have changed would make a point of being there.
    Get off of Marbury's dick, son.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Get off of Marbury's dick, son.
    I think you should say that to yourself Metro. Also your being far to emotional you just need to relax and come up with a complete thought.