Thread: It looks like Gallinari's Injury is Serious...

Default It looks like Gallinari's Injury is Serious...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Who could ever imagine ancient Allan Houston healthier than 19-year-old Italian Stallion Danilo Gallinari? With the once-crippled Houston signing another [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] New York Knicks contract today or tomorrow, the Knicks 6-foot-10 rookie likely will be on the sidelines watching the 37-year-old shooting guard when the Knicks open training camp Tuesday in Saratoga.
    Gallinari is felled by a summer-long bout with back soreness, still watching voluntary workouts, not playing in them. Standing under the Garden marquee yesterday for a community event, he sounded pessimistic about going full blast at Skidmore College in five days - a development that could devastate his rookie year.

"I'm watching the guys, trying to get my back back," Gallinari said. "I can't say if I'll be ready or not ready. I want to be in training camp, but it will be a long season and I want to take care of my back and not rush."
    As Gallinari spoke, a fan walked by and shouted to him, "Bring it hard; we need it." He still can't bring it at all. Gallinari revealed his back first acted up during practices leading up to his July summer-league debut against Cleveland. He missed the last four summer-league contests, then withdrew from the Italian national team in mid-August.

On the contrary, Houston is feeling his oats. He has been scrimmaging with the Knicks for the past two weeks. His addition gives the Knicks 17 players for 15 spots, though [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Stephon Marbury remains a strong waiver-wire candidate despite Donnie Walsh's pronouncement he'll be in camp.

Not good. Not good at alll.....

or maybe he said...long season as in there's lots of time to recover...but he got misinterpreted b/c his English is shaky...

?