Steph says he will play backup for Boston, but not for the Knicks!

New New York

Quiet Storm
You know on second thought I'm not going to wait for anyone to sound off becuase I wouldnt want anyone thinking I need a co-sign before giving my opinion.

I have supported bringing Steph back all summer long. I think that he is as good a fit for Dantoni's offense there is. I certainly think that he is better than Duhon,Mardy, or Robertson. But this interview pisses me off and shows that he has the same old attitude that has made him a pain to his teamates and coaches his whole career.

Why is he calling Mike Dantoni out? Hasnt he learned by now that this is exactly the sought of thing that has caused him to clash with previous coaches. And doesnt he realize that the "they" he is refering to when he says "they are going to give me all my money" is referring to his new GM. Donnie Walsh did the classy thing in telling ESPN (not just a local paper) that he has every intention of bringing Steph into camp when it was speculated he was going to bought out. He has said that Steph has done everything that he asked him to do, and has stated all Summer that Steph has a clean slate! Now even if Steph thought for sure he is getting cut, why can't he give his typical "No Comment" response on this subject. I can't say that I wouldnt take a penny less if I were him either, but, doesnt he realize that telling everyone paper about it is an insult to his team! News flash Steph to truley "earn" your money it means you do whatever to help your team win, so if it is coming off the bench then so be it!

Look Marbaury supporters take off your "Team Marbaury" hats and imagine if this was any other player, and how disrespectful he sounds towards our team, new GM, and Coach (the latter two have said nothing but good things about him thus far). You know what Steph in shape is an NBA All Star for sure, but I'm as a Knick Fan am tired of it all and he can go be an All Star somewhere else!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It's Steph being Steph. I'm tired of his antics. He's been saying he just wants to win and will do whatever it takes for many years now. In the end, it's all about him, never the team. That's been the biggest complaint about Steph since the beginning. He says he's changed, and then pulls the same crap every year.

He's crazy to think he deserves every penny of his contract. He hasn't earned it. He's the second highest paid player in the league and has nothing to show for it.

Get ready for another year of drama. Steph scowling on the bench because D'Antoni's benched him for not playing team ball. Zach throwing hissy fits because D'Antoni's benched him for not playing team ball. When are people going to learn. Stats and talent aren't everything. We will be a better team when these two cancers are gone.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont blame him at all. Rondos nothing great but he is the starting point guard of a championship team. And after like a week of marbury embarrassing rondo in practice he would be starting for the smelltics anyways. Why would marbury come off the bench? So Chris duhon or nate robinson could start? SMH and the lakers should bench kobe and start trevor ariza
rolleyes.gif

I think its great to see Starbury sticking up for himself, not willing to take anything less then he earned. Hes not the who gave himself that contract, and he didnt make the trade to get himself on the knicks. Hes from coney island, where he grew up poor. The more money he makes the more he can help the community, which is called a positive correlation.

Starbury will single handedly bring us to the playoffs this year, cant wait to watch him dominate.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I dont blame him at all. Rondos nothing great but he is the starting point guard of a championship team. And after like a week of marbury embarrassing rondo in practice he would be starting for the smelltics anyways. Why would marbury come off the bench? So Chris duhon or nate robinson could start? SMH and the lakers should bench kobe and start trevor ariza
rolleyes.gif

I think its great to see Starbury sticking up for himself, not willing to take anything less then he earned. Hes not the who gave himself that contract, and he didnt make the trade to get himself on the knicks. Hes from coney island, where he grew up poor. The more money he makes the more he can help the community, which is called a positive correlation.

Starbury will single handedly bring us to the playoffs this year, cant wait to watch him dominate.

Ok, look I said I don't have a problem with him getting all of his money, I have a problem with him broadcasting it to the world. I think that is exactly the type of behavior that has gotten him his bad rep.

About him not starting....he said he wants his ashes spread over MSG and he loves our team, then he needs to do whatever needs to be done to help us out. He says the focus needs to be on turning us back into a playoff team, again if he really means that then he would consider doing whatever is asked of him to get that done! Really what he is saying is that he will play backup to give Boston another shot at the Title, but, will not do the same for The Knicks! Sorry I have a real problem with that!

MSG you made a great point when you said that Steph has the skill to lead a team to the playoffs single handed, but he doesnt have the attitude of a leader as shown by this interview. When it was speculated that Houston was going to be bought out did he hit the papers talking about he wants all his money?

Now you know your point about Kobe and Ariza is exxagerated! Again the fact remains if Mike Dantoni wants him to play backup then he should do it! End of story. John Starks was a more established player than Houston and certainley had a legacy with The Knicks, but when he was asked to move to bench he did it for the good of the team.

I was up for him being a Knick this year (I have made a couple of Threads supporting this) but his attitude still hasnt changed and really he can take his 20 million and ride The Celtic bandwagon to a NBA Title

metrocard

Legend
You really need to shut the **** up and stop taking everything out of its content.

Marbury in his 15 minute interview said if he leaves NY, he would be interested in playing for a championship team.

Who wouldn't?

Is he wrong for saying that?

No.

Get off his dick...Marbury won't be apart of the Knicks future.
It gets played out and straight up annoying when you guys constantly bitch and moan of Stephon's action being outrageous when they're really minor things.

Marbury is the best guard on this team...we won't really be any better without him; plus the fact he's in amazing shape and is an expiring contract just has too much value to let go so easily.

New New York

Quiet Storm
You really need to shut the **** up and stop taking everything out of its content.

Marbury in his 15 minute interview said if he leaves NY, he would be interested in playing for a championship team.

Who wouldn't?

Is he wrong for saying that?

No.

Get off his dick...Marbury won't be apart of the Knicks future.
It gets played out and straight up annoying when you guys constantly bitch and moan of Stephon's action being outrageous when they're really minor things.

Marbury is the best guard on this team...we won't really be any better without him; plus the fact he's in amazing shape and is an expiring contract just has too much value to let go so easily.

I clearly stated that Steph was the best PG on the team, and I never said we would be better without him! My point is that his actions such as demanding money and a starting role is not worth what he can do for us. Steph wanting all his money if bought out is a perfectly fine, my job requires that I re-new my contract every year, so if they fire me at the mid way point, I still collect the rest of my salary for the year and no way I take a penny less, so I know exactly where he is coming from. I also see where he is coming from in his desire to start, my problem is that it is pretty stupid of a player who said he has turned a new leaf to be making these claims to the press.

Learn to read! I never knocked him for wanting to play for a championship team, my issue is that he said he would gladly play backup for Boston to help them win, and not do the same for the team he says he loves! Ok I know it is impossible for "Team Starbaury" to admit that Steph is ever wrong, but even yall have to admit that he needed to rebuild his image with the team. Now do you really think he is doing that by already demanding a starting job on the team? You are right he is the best PG on the team, but he is not the coach and if Mike Dantoni wants the best PG to come off the bench to earn his money then he needs to shut up and do it.

Not a "Stabaury Hater" just a real fan that calls it like I see it, and cares what is best for our team, not any one player! Charles Oakley was my favorite All Time Knick, but if he ever was this disrespectful to our team, then I wouldve said the same.

LMAO That a member of Team Starbaury would suggest that someone get off Steph's dick!

Starks

Starter
He aint going to Boston. They denied having interest in him and so did the heat earlier today.

I think he should play out west where he can run again and get away from the media. Maybe New Orleans or Houston?

Kiyaman

Legend
I read this MF article several times yesterday, and discussed it with others and the conclusion was.... that Walsh is not doing his job.
This was an issue in July, when pubically Paul Pierce announced his bidds for Marbury whenever the Knicks waive him.

The last few weeks media been throwing all kinds of hype on Marbury in the air by saying, " our sources say" or more "he said or she said" sweetners to hype up their article on Marbury. And we all know how easy it is for the media to goat Marbury into opening his big mouth. However....
There is not one quote from Dolan or Donnie Walsh that says, "Marbury refuse to negotiate a buyout".

The Article also states in between lines that Marbury has been waiting to have a meeting with his bosses Dolan & Walsh.

Dolan & Walsh dont want to become the laughing stock of the NBA for buying-out Marbury, when one of Marbury many talents can be used to get the next team to the conference Finals.
Inwhich Marbury could clean up his 5 year tour with Isiah in just one season.

Marbury wants a buy-out so he dont lose his "buyable" clothe line bussiness by moving it to another State to a playoff team, when sports wear sells go sky high on any Postseason team.
The Knicks can only go as low as $16 mill on a $21 mill contract. Marbury will demand $2 mill from the next team.
The next team wants Marbury at the opening of their training-camp, which Dantoni dont, but the call is in Dolan and Walsh hands.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Inwhich Marbury could clean up his 5 year tour with Isiah in just one season.

Marbury wants a buy-out so he dont lose his "buyable" clothe line bussiness by moving it to another State to a playoff team, when sports wear sells go sky high on any Postseason team.

5 years??more like his whole career...

his starbury line is not going to get any bigger than it did here in NY, playoffs has nothing to do wit the success of your clothing line, LOL

metrocard

Legend
Marbury's actions aren't that serious.

You're being way too dramatic about the whole thing.

You're pretty stupid for d*ckriding Marbury's morals so much.

You don't think Marbury wants to win a championship in his home city?
You're a fool as proven before.

Is it really Marbury's fault Isiah built the worst team and supporting cast around Stephon?

Marbury was disrespected by Isiah, but he still shows loyalty to this franchise when other star players would of demanded a trade if they got the Isiah treatment.

Marbury says a lot of the right things most of the time, and more than your average athlete. So don't even front.

Who the hell said Marbury will come off the bench? You need to shut the f*ck up and realize Marbury off the bench is the most useless idea right now.

He's a starter only, you might as well cut him if he's going to ride the bench.

You're a lame Knick fan, who tries too hard and is way too dramatic.

Wow, Oakley? Thats mad generic, good for you...man, I can't even front on your "realness" as a Knick fan, idiot.

Kobe SHITTED on the Lakers countless of times, you think Laker fans hate Kobe?

Please go jerk off an elephant penis and stop with all this overdramatic "disrespecting" the organization.

Marbury's actions aren't that serious...why so serious?

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Newflash: NY Post has neo-liberal agenda

Gee willikers.

Stephon Marbury wouldn't play Uncle Tom for the Post reporter?

He refused to denounce Hugo Chavez, Evo Morales, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and Cynthia McKinney. He even questioned the bailout of Wall Street fat-cats?

Now he's going to have to leave the nice warm house, and go back out to the fields, where he belongs.

Why can't he just be happy, and say the right things?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Marbury's actions aren't that serious.

You're being way too dramatic about the whole thing.

You're pretty stupid for d*ckriding Marbury's morals so much.

You don't think Marbury wants to win a championship in his home city?
You're a fool as proven before.

Is it really Marbury's fault Isiah built the worst team and supporting cast around Stephon?

Marbury was disrespected by Isiah, but he still shows loyalty to this franchise when other star players would of demanded a trade if they got the Isiah treatment.

Marbury says a lot of the right things most of the time, and more than your average athlete. So don't even front.

Who the hell said Marbury will come off the bench? You need to shut the f*ck up and realize Marbury off the bench is the most useless idea right now.

He's a starter only, you might as well cut him if he's going to ride the bench.

You're a lame Knick fan, who tries too hard and is way too dramatic.

Wow, Oakley? Thats mad generic, good for you...man, I can't even front on your "realness" as a Knick fan, idiot.

Kobe SHITTED on the Lakers countless of times, you think Laker fans hate Kobe?

Please go jerk off an elephant penis and stop with all this overdramatic "disrespecting" the organization.

Marbury's actions aren't that serious...why so serious?

Marbaury says the right thing most of the time!? Negative Rep point for talking out of your rear!

Do I need to point out the difference between Kobe and Steph? That example is garbage! Not to mention Laker fans were indeed pissed off w/ Kobe when he was demanding to be traded and was talking bad about teamates and management you dumb ass! He actually got booed opening night last year! Another Negative Rep Point for using false examples to support a weak claim!

Now about him coming off the bench and you asked who ever said he would come off the bench....The question was asked to Steph would he accept coming of the bench for The Knicks, he said no he's not coming off the bench in NY. Read the article it's there as clear as day. I never stated that he should come off the bench you need to learn how to reply to what was actually said instead of you think you can argue!

I don't even understand what point you were trying to make in my saying how Oak was my favorite Knick. My opinions are my opinion and they are not in any way to establish an image! Oak was my favorite Knick nothing more to say about that.

Look I have proved to you before that you don't know the game, and that you lie just to make yourself look knowledgable(see your Eddy Curry prediction statement). To your credit it has worked for you, people actually think you know what you're talking about, so keep up the good work! But peddle your B.S. to them because the smart Knick fans on this site see through you!

Paul1355

All Star
Marbaury says the right thing most of the time!? Negative Rep point for talking out of your rear!

Do I need to point out the difference between Kobe and Steph? That example is garbage! Not to mention Laker fans were indeed pissed off w/ Kobe when he was demanding to be traded and was talking bad about teamates and management you dumb ass! He actually got booed opening night last year! Another Negative Rep Point for using false examples to support a weak claim!

Now about him coming off the bench and you asked who ever said he would come off the bench....The question was asked to Steph would he accept coming of the bench for The Knicks, he said no he's not coming off the bench in NY. Read the article it's there as clear as day. I never stated that he should come off the bench you need to learn how to reply to what was actually said instead of you think you can argue!

I don't even understand what point you were trying to make in my saying how Oak was my favorite Knick. My opinions are my opinion and they are not in any way to establish an image! Oak was my favorite Knick nothing more to say about that.

Look I have proved to you before that you don't know the game, and that you lie just to make yourself look knowledgable(see your Eddy Curry prediction statement). To your credit it has worked for you, people actually think you know what you're talking about, so keep up the good work! But peddle your B.S. to them because the smart Knick fans on this site see through you!

OWNED

And Metro goes down..his mouthpiece is on the floor and bloody. New York New York stands over him and launches a ball of spit to his forehead. Metro takes it hard and the ref calls the fight.

The fans start chanting for Metro to go home. And he does...in a stretcher. As he leaves the arena, the fans throw everything they could find at him in disgust. Metro gives a thumbs up, and a beer can hits his thumb breaking it as he leaves in even more pain.

The End.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

The past 2 or 3 years marbury has been saying the right things. Ever since larry brown left marbury has done the right things. And dont take the video of him talking about zach randolph out of context, he was just trying to hype up the fans. He was excited but obviously things didnt work out last year, its good to see someone with an optimistic attitude like marbury. I just read in the ny post that eddy curry is out of shape, over 300 pounds. Marburys come into the last couple of seasons with the right attitude, its isiah thats fukked things up and for anyone who doesnt understand this simple fact I have a question for you: Did Isiah give you bubble gum and something else? :lol:

Paul1355

All Star
The past 2 or 3 years marbury has been saying the right things. Ever since larry brown left marbury has done the right things. And dont take the video of him talking about zach randolph out of context, he was just trying to hype up the fans. He was excited but obviously things didnt work out last year, its good to see someone with an optimistic attitude like marbury. I just read in the ny post that eddy curry is out of shape, over 300 pounds. Marburys come into the last couple of seasons with the right attitude, its isiah thats fukked things up and for anyone who doesnt understand this simple fact I have a question for you: Did Isiah give you bubble gum and something else? :lol:

HAHAHAHAHA

I will laugh....laugh some more.....and finish with another laugh.

Marbury is different this year....not the past few years! He is talking good this year.

Blackmailing a coach....o yea that was great. Even if Isiah is the devil himself, you don't cause that much drama...people knew this would ruin any type of team chemistry.

Marbury added fuel to the fire last year because he wanted to be on the pedestal. Now he understands it's not worth it being an egotistic basketball player. He still has some of his old attitude. For example, he wants ALL of his 21 million...he didnt deserve it but thats the old Stephon. When it comes to the topic of the apporach this season...he is different and very optimistic. He said that if he is not wanted, then move him, because it's a business.

check my track record, I have been saying this about marbury all along, He is a punk, and a fool. He is not a smart man, He is street wise, but that does not work on the market for new york. A city once built around the knicks, we were new yorks team. ANd now we have this brat 31 year old brat btw, running off at the mouth when the persons who are now in control have the best regards for wanting to bring a positive image back onto the knicks. This is the last thing we need, for all of the sports shows across the nation to write one more negative article about the knicks, and the dim witted mental midget in which we call our starting point GUARD. ITs a glitch in the mans brain, He has that punk I gotta stand on my own two feet even it means stepping on toes, that he learned in coney island, where its either be selfish and take until you make it out, or let it swallow you, steph buddy your out of coney island you start for the knicks, be quiet and play basketball. Come into training camp and if nate robinson isnt running you ragged, and david lee isnt dunking over you, or your playing defense to earn your spot, running the offensive sets mike D puts forth, and not play for yourself, we might get some where, but until then you will always be the self proclaimed individual amongst a group of others, im sure you still have those shoes during your nets playing days packed away in your closet. You will always be what could have been man. and its sad. talent - character= steph.

metrocard

Legend
Oh no, Newbie gave me a negative rep point...ouch; my internet feelings are in pain...someone help me.

Fool.

Your face is garbage.

Laker fans were loyal to Kobe, you really need to catch up with the NBA and not be so focused on Marbury's left nut.

Laker fans picked Kobe over Shaq.
Laker fans picked Kobe over the GM/Organization when Kobe was demanding the organization to trade for some new players, calling out the players on his team.
Post a video link to Kobe getting booed at the Staples center; you're proclaiming yourself once again as the biggest moron on the site for thinking the Laker God would get booed by his followers.

You just type a lot, but you're not hitting the points. Now hold that.

You sound like some herb ass loser from Vermont when you text your rant and b*tching.
I called you out on bitching about Marbury not agreeing to be bench, and you can't reply back with nothing? Typical move. You have no ammo here, just swinging like a b*tch against a smooth boxer like myself.

Marbury is the 20 million dollar man, the best guard on this team and most skilled and talented player on this roster.

Accept this:
There is NOTHING wrong with Marbury demanding the starting job on the team.

You want that type of confidence, swagger, and demand from the best player on your team.

You want Marbury to act like you? Just talk a lot of garbage all day like some dork with no confidence trying to prove a point all the time when no one reads his caca?

Let Starbury be Starbury, we know what Marbury is capable of in playing an open system. Marbury played a lot of years with D'Antoni; so theres no question he will be productive in the system.

Now, if you could of be a little more SMART and make a point saying Marbury should walk the talk before anything, then I would agree.

But no, you're stupid. You can't do that. You can't argue from both sides. I'm seeing this whole situation clearly while you see it from the Haterbury mirror...you're just straight up over dramatic over simplistic events.

You thought Oakley had a cute ass too? You like how he did his hair also; wanted to play with it? You weren't punching anything, so you came out of left field showing gay love to Oakley. MAD RANDOM...you're awkward and a weirdo.

As for me and you, 98% of my predictions came true.
Not a single poster here remember one of your post compared to my most memorable post; I have fans and people who enjoy reading my post when I actually decide to sit down and input my thought in a respectful way.

I don't got respect for dramatic-assholes like you.

I blew this site up, ever since boring ass posters like you, Kol, Paul, Pancakes, and etc came here...shits been type dead; boring the more interesting posters away from minor/repeated debates.

Paul, I'll knock your punk Italian ass out; just like how Cotto did to Paulie Mag. Go eat a c*ck and stop wasting time posting. Everyone thinks your post are boring. JPZ made you his bitch.

DontForgetDerekHarper, you sounding like a racist NYPD pig in that post...punk, fool, not smart, street? You're disgusting.