Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Steph says he will play backup for Boston, but not for the Knicks!

  1. #31
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    whats the prob here? The bellow statement is actually quite smart.

    "If I'm a distraction and I'm all these different things, why would you want to keep somebody like that?" Marbury asked. "It can't be about the money. If you feel you're better without me, just let me go. If not, let's get down to the business of playing basketball. We shouldn't be talking about me getting waived or not. We should be talking about bringing playoff life back to the Garden like when I got here (in 2004)."

    The Knicks havent come out and put out these fires about Marbury being bought out, why cant he come out and state that he wants to know whats going on.

    People just want to hate him no matter what he does.

  2. #32
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    its not that we want to hate him, its that he has not given us a reason to like him.

  3. #33
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    its not that we want to hate him, its that he has not given us a reason to like him.
    why does he need to give people a reason to like him? he is there to play basketball.
    as long as he is given a opportunity this season and he takes it then that should be enough. If he doesnt take it and makes some mistakes then people can criticise.

  4. #34
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by Pricey
    whats the prob here? The bellow statement is actually quite smart.

    "If I'm a distraction and I'm all these different things, why would you want to keep somebody like that?" Marbury asked. "It can't be about the money. If you feel you're better without me, just let me go. If not, let's get down to the business of playing basketball. We shouldn't be talking about me getting waived or not. We should be talking about bringing playoff life back to the Garden like when I got here (in 2004)."

    The Knicks havent come out and put out these fires about Marbury being bought out, why cant he come out and state that he wants to know whats going on.

    People just want to hate him no matter what he does.
    Pricey hear me out....

    I know it is real easy from this thread to assume that I am anti Steph which is simply not the case at all. Every season I hope that he returns to the All Star game, and (as much as it may discredit me) I have him as a Pre Season MVP canidate.When we were thinking PG in the draft I dedicated a thread suggesting that there is no need because we had Steph!

    But Hell Yeah Steph's comments pissed me off because I thought he was over all this negative garbage by coming into shape healthy. Now he can't help getting asked a question, but he has total control over the answer! To me when asked about a buyout all he has to say is "We'll discuss that if it ever comes up" when asked about losing his starting role simply say something like "I worked hard this off season and I hope my new coach rewards my hard work". But to say "I want all my money" and "I'm not coming off the bench in NY" just makes a spectical of our team. Again like I said in a earlier reply, it is not at all wrong for him to want all his money, regardless of if you think he deserves 22 million, he did earn the contract at some point so it is his money! But, he doesnt have to broadcast to the world how he isnt taking a penny less. How would any of our bosses percieve that?

    Look I'll be man enough to say I was wrong for saying I want him gone because truth be told I do want to see him win in NY, but it really is disrespectful to our team to answer the way he did on those questions.

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    He aint going to Boston. They denied having interest in him and so did the heat earlier today.

    I think he should play out west where he can run again and get away from the media. Maybe New Orleans or Houston?
    Marbury isn't going anywhere. He'll either play in NY for awhile while remaining a limited enough distraction to keep around or he'll get benched and/or sent home. It depends on how he behaves.

    He has again demonstrated to the entire NBA he's still one egg short of a dozen. Even if we released him, no one would sign him for anything more than one year, a small amount of money, and only if they are desperate. No one cares about his talent anymore. He has self destructed beyond repair.

    I'm sorry to say this because I know how many of you love this guy, but he's not mentally stable and doesn't understand how to play the political game that keeps you in the good graces of the team, management, and fans etc...

    The proper way for him to handle this situation was to privately speak to Walsh and D'Antoni and tell them he would like to know where he stands with the Knicks, what their plans are for him, etc... because he wants to play basketball somewhere. Privately, they would tell him the truth. Maybe the plan is to have him compete with Duhon for the starting spot, come off the bench, try to trade him, buy him out etc.... Then it would be up to him to decide whether that situation was satisfactory.

    If not, he should then try to negotiate a buyout on terms that are fair to both sides given what he was expected to make this year for the Knicks and what he could earn elsewhere. Fair does not mean every penny of his contract (that was an idiotic comment he made) because he'll make money for another team. Fair is fair to both sides.

    If the team is unwilling to give him a fair deal, then he's going to have to deal with whatever their plans are (including riding the bench behind Duhon or being sent home). That's the other part of signing a contract that he doesn't seem to understand. Not only does the team owe you that money, they also have control over whether you play, when you play, and how much you play. In the event he's not happy and they won't give him a deal, the right thing to do is to keep his mouth shut, ride the bench (or whatever), give 100% when/if he is asked to play and salvage whatever is left of his career. Then at the end of the year, perhaps someone in the NBA might actually be willing to give him a decent contract.

    He's already off on the wrong foot and we are only a couple of days into this.

    Look at this quote.

    This was a very stupid thing to say and he doesn't even understand why (as was his idiotic quote about not coming off the bench for the Knicks)! Both demonstrate a lack of understanding of what it means to be part of a team or even what D'Antoni and Nash were about.

    “From what I’ve seen, he allowed Steve Nash to dribble the ball for 22 seconds,” Marbury said. “He allows guys to shoot coming down on the break, one-on-three. For me, I like that style of basketball.”

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by knicklover; Sep 30, 2008 at 17:34.

  6. #36
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I've seen nash do alotta dribbling too, aint nothin dumb about that. And marbury has the skill to take on 3 other players by himself, because hes that damn good. Aint no one gonna be stoppin him this year, starbury >>

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I've seen nash do alotta dribbling too, aint nothin dumb about that. And marbury has the skill to take on 3 other players by himself, because hes that damn good. Aint no one gonna be stoppin him this year, starbury >>
    It's a silly thing to say because he should be trying to project a "team first" attitude and then play like that. I'm sure Nash occasionally dribbles too much etc.... but the goal is to create for his teammates and take high quality shots himself. The goal is never to dribble a lot or to go 1 on 3 just to prove you can. Marbury is a talented guy, but he just doesn't get why he alienates the fans, press, and NBA. It's a shame. Right now he shoud be in a position of having teams compete for him next year. Instead, he'll be lucky to be in the NBA.
    Last edited by knicklover; Sep 30, 2008 at 20:09.

  8. #38
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    Wow this is the best stuff I've read here in months. Steph is an idiot no matter what type of Basketball player he is (stats don't always equil wins...ie. Z-Bo and Steph). Metro "you've been owned" whatever stupid **** that might mean, take it like a man. I'm glad to see we have some adults posting here and I hope they stay regardless of the non-sence name calling, cyber-bullying (Hahaha) ,gay bashing crap some people think is nessasary when they are proven wrong or someone dosen't agree with their point of view.

    Metro - are you a Knicks fan or a Marbury Relitive or close friend? Cause if youv'e been watching Knicks basketball and Steph the past few years there's no way you can be both. Dude is a Canser to everyteam he goes to..... let me guess it must have been the teams fault for not playing or paying him the right way? Notice to all Starbury lover's- The guy has been on the tradeing block for the past few seasons.... if he's such a great player and team asset how come no-body want him? (don't give me that Big Contract BS either cause he definitly thinks he's worth it )

    Stephon Marbury = Loser.

    Yeah metro now go on your name calling, no body gives a **** about what you write and your so boring rant. I'm ready for it I just don't give a **** and won't bother to read your ignorant insults because they don't prove anything besides what a child would do if proven wrong or not agreed with.

    PS the reason Laker Fans Love Kobe is because he has heart and desire to win. The only thing Steph has the desire for is making himself look like an ass and $$$.
    Orginal, you've contributed nothing to this site besides boring recycled Marbury hate.

    How about you be ORIGINAL for once? For real.

    WTF is a canser?

    You = loser for being unable to present an educated argument against Marbury.

    Take a seat, you don't want to step toe to toe with a don like me.

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    metro, you gotta chill out man. again you dont know any one on here personally, so stop getting personal its ridiculous. Its funny how when no one agrees with your basketball opinions, you immediately resort to insults. Thats a sure sign of an uneducated person. And ivy league graduate students are not educated lol, where ya been man. Settle down, grab a beer, do what you gotta do, but chill out.
    You need to shut the f*ck up and stop whining. Insults on the internet don't mean anything so why you so uptight and butthurt?

    Your face is ridiculous, and very funny.

    Most people here understand my opinion, agreed or disgaree. No one on this site remembers a single of your post or understands you. Thats the difference. You're enable to break sh*t down logical and present a valid argument.

    Grab a beer?

    You sound like a freshman virgin, I get the juice from wifey and work out on a regular basis...you sound stressed and sexually frustrated if you letting internet insults get to you, maybe you should stop using beer as your solution for depression and decide to be a man for once in your life, do something yourself. Don't neglect yourself of exercise and sex.

    Why do you think guys like Marbury and I see the world so openly? We're on top of the world...while herb ass dudes like constantly stress over little simple things in life.

    You're not getting it done, take the loss and go to bed.
    btw...you really need to know what Spanish is...damn you're an ignorant ass fool, go back to school.

    Originally Posted by New New York
    LOL You make it too easy! Your point was that Knick fans are treating Marbaury unfairly in their criticsism of him. You said that Laker fans would never boo Kobe even though he has "****ted on them countless times". I told you that you were a dumbass because Laker fans did indeed boo him, you asked for proof, I gave you proof.

    So here is the argument simply put

    My point: No fan will tolerate disrespect of their team from any player

    Your point: No fan would boo a star player for lashing out against a their team. You used Kobe as your prime example

    I gave you a perfect example of when Kobe was booed for "****ting on his team".The fact they cheered for him is irrelevant to the point, we all know they were shouting MVP for him come season's end. The point was you claimed they NEVER BOOED HIM, I proved you dead wrong on it! Thus destroying your whole argument! Now you're trying to hide behind the fact that they eventually cheered for him. What the hell does that have to do with anything

    You're getting desperate and your best bet is to stop arguing now because the facts are just not on your side!

    But hey the Migel Cotto knock out punch still looks cool even if your subject matter sucks! Just thought I'd leave you with a little positive reinforcement

    Check Mate! or in your case Four Reds in a Row!

    N*gga, you spend 3 hours on me, I give you 3 minutes tops.

    You really try TOO hard. Reread your post...your writing style is forced, and you have no flow with your points or random awkward punchlines. You're probably as awkward socially in real life than you are on the internet.

    You gave me nothing..
    Lakers fans cheered for Kobe at the end of that game, which shows to you that Kobe would never be denied completely in LA. Booing is a part of sports(even Jordan was booed at some point of his career), but to believe Laker fans would completely turn on their star is ludicrous. You defeated yourself, why are you being so stubborn? Next time do some better research.

    There is NOTHING wrong with Marbury demanding the starting job on the team.
    Bitching @ him for that makes you an ignorant hater; straight up.

    Do you really want Marbury to a have low self efficacy ? That would lower his performance goals and standards, thus lowering his performance on the court.

    You really show me you know nothing about athletics or sports life, I suggest to you to buy a couple of books and update your limited knowledge before you come on here, spend the whole day googling articles that defeat your argument.

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 12:12
  2. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2008, 00:17
  3. Dallas Mavericks vs New York Knicks Game Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Dec 11, 2007, 19:16
  4. Knicks have trade options with Dallas
    By allan20 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 04, 2003, 13:21
  5. SPURS' LOSS HURTS KNICKS
    By NYK Man8 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 13, 2003, 12:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •