Curry checks in at OVER 300lbs

I would be less pissed off at Curry if he just sucked. It's the fact that he won't get in shape that really pisses me off. If he gave us 18 and 7 and worked hard every night I could live with that. He's a reasonably efficient scorer even though he can't do much else. Being a limited player is not his fault. It's Isiah's fault for giving up so much for him. But if you are a professional athlete, your team just got a new coach that likes to run, and you show up looking like the Titanic, you are just a despicable waste!!

definitely man, if zeke didnt label him "franchise" then it would not be such a big deal and if we didnt get him for so many lottery picks, then it would not be such a big deal, the problem is it is a big deal, he is an albatross, a sinking ship, and its horrible. I kind of feel bad for the man despite his pay check, because he obviously just doesnt love the game of basketball. Zeke put all of these labels on him, and built an offense around him, and it was unfair, im not defending him, just saying the dude never wanted to be this big name player, i dont even think he wanted to play basketball at this level, but how do you turn down a pay check.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
There no doubt that Curry was going to come in overweight, some of you act a if its a suprise, that being said he probably is overweight but there no way he 300lbs. 285 but not 300. No other report other then Berman has really mentioned it. And let be honest out of the four main beat writer Berman is by far the worst.

Fact remains Curry is a problem, but Marbury is THE problem for right now. Just read all the blogs (theknicksblog and Ken Bergers blog) about today and you'll see his presence led to an akwardness over the whole place. Also apparently he didn't speak to any of his teammates the whole day. Sounds like a guy i'd want to led my team at the point guard position.

Smh @ getreal defending Curry
smhrd3.gif

Fukk the blogs and the media, they lost

king.gif
Starbury

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Good thing the team spent all offseason trying to unload our 17/10 guy who produced last year as opposed to this waste of life.
Tell me about it. Everyone was dying to get rid of Randolph, but most people said nothing about getting rid of Curry.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
There no doubt that Curry was going to come in overweight, some of you act a if its a suprise, that being said he probably is overweight but there no way he 300lbs. 285 but not 300. No other report other then Berman has really mentioned it. And let be honest out of the four main beat writer Berman is by far the worst.

Fact remains Curry is a problem, but Marbury is THE problem for right now. Just read all the blogs (theknicksblog and Ken Bergers blog) about today and you'll see his presence led to an akwardness over the whole place. Also apparently he didn't speak to any of his teammates the whole day. Sounds like a guy i'd want to led my team at the point guard position.
:td: Just admit it. Curry sucks. He has to go right now. He has more money and years left on his contract than Marbury, and he's just as much of a waste as Quentin Richardson, Jared Jeffries, and Jerome James. Curry=trash
He needs to be thrown down the dumpster ASAP.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
pathetic, u would expect after a year like last year he would want to come back hard (no homo), a damn shame

portega1968

El Cacique
Eddy Curry had the best opportunity in the world to become "The Beast of the East".

But he chose to remain "The Beast of the Feast".

I'd bench his ass and only use him to pound the ball in the middle when the game slows down to a crawl in the last two minutes. That way he'd still be fresh... 'cause we all know he can't move that oil rig fast enough after two minutes of running.

On non-game days, I'd put his McHappy Meal at the front of the treadmill with his dessert and free toy on top of the rim.

Of course, this would be in the meantime so we can eventually trade his fatass and that could only happen if he gets in shape and raises his trade value.

His next contract should have a clause that subtracts $1 million of his salary for every pound he's above 265.

GetRealistic

Starter
He looks exactly the same size as he did two seasons ago when he average 19ppg.

If you base the decision on talent you obviously pick Randolph over Curry. But i'm basing my decision on money. Curry makes less and his contract also expires sooner.

Also with Currys fragile mindset if the fans give him a hard enough time i could easily see him opting out of his contract in two years.

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
I've logged into this thread atleast three times and logged out because I was at a lost for words with this dude

What the hell did he do all summer!? Now we know he is fat and lazy but I am now convinced that he is stupid beyond measure!All of his teamates were getting in shape because they knew we were going to run this year why didnt it dawn on him? It would be bad enough if he hadnt lost any weight, but to put on weight tells me he doesnt want to play anymore. He obviously knows that he has surrendered his starting role.

Honestly I say put him on IR untlil he is at 250 or less and if that takes all season then so be it, and after all he has a opt out option at the end this season so maybe some Euro teams offers him 7 million and if he likes their cuisine he'll take it! Oak should punch him for disrespecting the number and Ewing should for imitating a NY Center!

Really benching him is the only way to get through to him, no coach he has ever had has punished him for being out of shape and it is time for it! Make him run like hell in practice then sit him on the bench so he gets the message!

jpz17

Starter
dude, he obviously doesn't want to play, so go ahead put him on IR, he'll be happy, take away his ho-ho's and he will be pissed

Pricey

Rotation player
i had a dream last night that and Marbury was praying next to a pool and Curry walked past eating a burger and Marbury pulled out a machine gun and unloaded on him. Curry laid face first in the pool floating.
The message must mean Curry is dead weight or i just have issues

metrocard

Legend
Slow your roll bendejo. You think I honestly believe that it's all muscle? LOLOL I know Curry is a fat lard that hasn't looked in shape since i can remember. I doubt it's muscle..I said that in a way that I hope it's muscle. And I was being sarcastic if your slow mind realized that. I know he is not in shape and I am not surprised.

wtf is a bendejo? You're the worst.

portega1968

El Cacique
2day's NYPost:

"I kinda got caught off guard by it. I went into last game the same I do for every game, with the same approach, preparing myself mentally and preparing to play a game, but I didn't have any kind of warning. No...nothing," Curry said yesterday.

[HE CAN'T BE THAT IGNORANT THAT HE DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING]

"We do have Wilson out, so sometimes you need breaks. He (Curry) needs to take advantage of whenever the break comes," D'Antoni said. "You gotta play hard every day, you gotta come and want it every day, and then you hope you're good enough to play. And I don't think it should change for anybody."

[WILL CURRY EVER HAVE WHAT IT TAKES NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT?]

"I haven't had a DNP for a coach's decision in a long, long time, so obviously I was disappointed," said Curry, who was criticized by D'Antoni after Tuesday's loss for his lack of conditioning. "It's tough to deal with and definitely something I'm not happy about … not playing last game did open my eyes a little bit."

[HE ONLY OPENED HIS EYES LAST GAME... A LITTLE BIT? SUCKER IS BLIND!!!]

[TO HIS CREDIT, HE DID SAY THIS... IF YOU BELIEVE HIM]:

"I'm clawing my way back. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do," Curry said. "I'm doing extra running, extra conditioning, extra cardio, lifting and all that. I had a huge setback in the beginning so I just gotta fight my way back.

"[D'Antoni has] made it clear this is his team. He calls the shots," Curry said. "I'm just a player here. I just gotta do my job and be ready to go whenever my number is called."

Paul1355

All Star
2day's NYPost:

"I kinda got caught off guard by it. I went into last game the same I do for every game, with the same approach, preparing myself mentally and preparing to play a game, but I didn't have any kind of warning. No...nothing," Curry said yesterday.

[HE CAN'T BE THAT IGNORANT THAT HE DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING]

"We do have Wilson out, so sometimes you need breaks. He (Curry) needs to take advantage of whenever the break comes," D'Antoni said. "You gotta play hard every day, you gotta come and want it every day, and then you hope you're good enough to play. And I don't think it should change for anybody."

[WILL CURRY EVER HAVE WHAT IT TAKES NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT?]

"I haven't had a DNP for a coach's decision in a long, long time, so obviously I was disappointed," said Curry, who was criticized by D'Antoni after Tuesday's loss for his lack of conditioning. "It's tough to deal with and definitely something I'm not happy about ? not playing last game did open my eyes a little bit."

[HE ONLY OPENED HIS EYES LAST GAME... A LITTLE BIT? SUCKER IS BLIND!!!]

[TO HIS CREDIT, HE DID SAY THIS... IF YOU BELIEVE HIM]:

"I'm clawing my way back. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do," Curry said. "I'm doing extra running, extra conditioning, extra cardio, lifting and all that. I had a huge setback in the beginning so I just gotta fight my way back.

"[D'Antoni has] made it clear this is his team. He calls the shots," Curry said. "I'm just a player here. I just gotta do my job and be ready to go whenever my number is called."

Good report.

Maybe Mike D can put a pepper up Curry's butt and get him to start playing to his potential. This guy has potential to be a monster in the post. He just has to want, like Mike D says. Great players always want to get better.

Kiyaman

Legend
My "Curry to Knicks" blog

We Knick Fans knew Eddy Curry was a "Project".
A project for training coach Patrick Ewing Sr..
Training Coach Mark Aquire did a decent job showing Curry how to position himself to stop the 3 second violation and be able to score. The next step was Patrick Ewing Sr..

What we all keep forgetting.

When the Knicks were working the trio of "Curry, Lee, and Balkman" it was a project that was progressing well slowly with Marbury, Crawful, Nate, and even Collins at the end of his rookie season. It was stopped after the 2-2 start last season, when Isiah Thomas benched Nate & Balkman to no playingtime vs the Miami Heat. Giving Malik Rose, Jefferies, and Fred Jones their first regular season playingtime in the loss to Bum Miami.
Why was Isiah Pet Player Marbury demoted after the Miami loss? if you picked the lawsuit "Trial" then you are a 100% right. Marbury should have pleaded the 5th in every question ask in the trial. Not that it would have done any good, but Isiah would'nt be able to play the blame game.

The final game of last season we all knew one of the two must be traded off this Knick team in the offseason:

Curry or Zach?
Q.Rich or Jefferies?
Marbury or Crawful?
James or Malik?

Four of the above players were not supposed to be on the 2008-9 roster.
The sameway the Fans thought at least 4 of the 8 players would be gone..... the players thought the same with a new President and new celebrity head-coach added.
Marbury was not getting in shape to play with the Knicks.

After the 2006-7 season was over we all knew who the "Dead-Weight" players were on the roster.... Jerome James, Malik Rose, Q.Rich, Jefferies, Francis, Crawful, and Marbury.
Crawful was playing well when he came off the bench with Nate, Balkman, and Lee, to start a fast transition game to bring the Knicks from behind in points each game.
When Crawful was put in the starting lineup with Marbury in the backcourt two things were learned.
1) Crawful trade value went down on the consistent loses as a starter.
2) The Crawful & Marbury backcourt tandem dont work.
This was all known after the 2006-7 season. Why are these same players still on the roster at the start of the 2008-9 season??????????????????????????

Last edited: