Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Knicks' D'Antoni prepared for success despite unchanged roster

  1. #1
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Knicks' D'Antoni prepared for success despite unchanged roster

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Looks like he is thinking Wilson Chandler and Mardy Collins will be great... he says: "I really think that the talent surprised me, there's a lot of young guys that are very good and we can do well with what we have."

  2. #2
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Looks like he is thinking Wilson Chandler and Mardy Collins will be great... he says: "I really think that the talent surprised me, there's a lot of young guys that are very good and we can do well with what we have."
    umm were did he mention Mardy Collins? We know he likes Wilson Chandler by listening to interveiws with him and Walsh, they sound like they think Wilson has the most potential our of every young player on this team.

    Collins shot 36% in the summer league games. He did not impress. I wish he did, but he didn't. There is a slim chance he will get sufficient playing time.

  3. #3
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    he said young players, meaning, Chandler, Collins, Roberson, and probably Gallinari

  4. #4
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    he said young players, meaning, Chandler, Collins, Roberson, and probably Gallinari
    Just saying that Collins could be dropped with all these new guys. His time to to get minutes was to impress in the summer league and he really didn't impress at all. Chandler and Roberson impressed and Gallo got hurt so he got a pass. Collins is the only one that played and didn't do that good....just don't be surprised if he is a reserve.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,301
    Rep Power
    20

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Just saying that Collins could be dropped with all these new guys. His time to to get minutes was to impress in the summer league and he really didn't impress at all. Chandler and Roberson impressed and Gallo got hurt so he got a pass. Collins is the only one that played and didn't do that good....just don't be surprised if he is a reserve.
    There is something left out, but dont feel bad because alot of people leave out these small things.
    Everytime Mardy Collins were on the court with Wilson Chandler, Roberson, and even Gallo, their performance improved and went up a level (they had confidence in Collins).
    It was simular to Allan Houston performance with Ward, or Patrick Ewing with Oakley, its having confidence in your teammate.

    Dantoni is saying something we all knew and know, that Isiah did put some talented young players on this team that playingtime will boost their confidence and performance.

    This same article on the 27th of Sept. was Dantoni trying to justify and add clarity for Donnie Walsh 26th early morning interview meeting Friday with the same ESPN reporters.

    NEW YORK -- The pause between the question and Donnie Walsh's answer was so long, you actually began counting. Two seconds, three seconds, four

    What, Walsh had been asked, had been his biggest accomplishment of the offseason aside from hiring Mike D'Antoni as head coach?

    Walsh, however, is different, and evasiveness has never been one of his strong suits.
    So after pondering that particular question longer than he pondered any other Friday during a 45-minute meeting with reporters and columnists, Walsh spoke the truth:


    "Um," he said before his prolonged pause, "I haven't accomplished anything. I had to think about that, but I haven't accomplished anything yet.

    "But I haven't said I did either, except to form a plan, I guess, and I'm going by that plan. We're going to see what guys on this team we can keep, and what guys we can't."
    The last sentence should catch your eye the most when Walsh was at the last 18 Knick Games last season. It was his decision to let Isiah Thomas continue coaching the team. Rather than see the reaction of the players when a coaching change is made.

    Donnie Walsh interview sounds like he was hired in August, and Dantoni interview sounds as if the Knicks are still in Vegas playing the SL games where veteran players came to work out too...

  6. #6
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I think that just having allan houston and a healthy marbury back will make us a better team. I dont have high expectations but i wouldnt be suprised if we exceed most peoples expectations, which im guessing is around 30 wins.

    Like Queensbridge rapper Tragedy Khadafi said 3 years ago:

    "I feel im needed like the knicks need Marbury"

    Thats still the case, hes the only player on this team thats capable of leading us to the playoffs and a 1st round embarrassing exit, which wouldnt be his fault. He will be deserving of alotta praise if he can just get this group of clowns to the playoffs. If he can do this even the haters will be on his dikk (no homo).

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,301
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I think that just having allan houston and a healthy marbury back will make us a better team. I dont have high expectations but i wouldnt be suprised if we exceed most peoples expectations, which im guessing is around 30 wins.

    Like Queensbridge rapper Tragedy Khadafi said 3 years ago:

    "I feel im needed like the knicks need Marbury"

    Thats still the case, hes the only player on this team thats capable of leading us to the playoffs and a 1st round embarrassing exit, which wouldnt be his fault. He will be deserving of alotta praise if he can just get this group of clowns to the playoffs. If he can do this even the haters will be on his dikk (no homo).

    SG-Allan Houston performance always needed a Defensive PG-Ward or Childs for him to be trully a threat to Knick oponents.

    Marburys is another story, the only SG that I've seen Marbury most effective with consistantly to make his team a big threat to their oponents were SG-Steven Jackson when they were on the Nets.

    I have watched in Marbury career where teammates have meshed well with Marbury to win a couple of games and then they just stop.
    And you dont see it again from the two.

  8. #8
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    There is something left out, but dont feel bad because alot of people leave out these small things.
    Everytime Mardy Collins were on the court with Wilson Chandler, Roberson, and even Gallo, their performance improved and went up a level (they had confidence in Collins).
    It was simular to Allan Houston performance with Ward, or Patrick Ewing with Oakley, its having confidence in your teammate.

    Dantoni is saying something we all knew and know, that Isiah did put some talented young players on this team that playingtime will boost their confidence and performance.
    That is true...maybe Mardy helps the players out a little bit. BUT he can't help himself and improve his own offensive game. It's great to help the team, but if you can only score shooting 36% in a summer league game...that is garbage compared to every other guard in the NBA. Maybe they had confidence in Collins because he was one of the guys on the Knicks team that had a few years experience. Just that he didn't impress enough to stand out like Chandler and Roberson did.

Similar Threads

  1. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 17:27
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 11:40
  3. Farewell Marbury???
    By lanceroy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2008, 19:22
  4. Looking back on the 2003-04 Knicks season
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 22:10
  5. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 06:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •