Anybody watch the Presidential Debate?

Paul1355

All Star
I'm leaving this kid alone, he's just a maverick. Again, Paul, somebody should start revoking voting privileges from people like you.

As for "associations," What about about McCain and the Keating 5? Mac taking money, under the table, so that this guy, Charles Keating, could get away with raping the monetary system, costing us billions and destroying the lifesavings of countless elderly retirees. In this time of economic crisis, should we trust a man who, at the ripe old age of 52, was willing to compromise himself for financial and political gain? This is an association from which one can actually gather information concerning McCain's lack of ethics.

Nothing that you said proves anything about Obama, except that he attended a church, you don't even prove that he was attending weekly or even monthly. You also have no evidence of the theological beliefs, over the twenty year period you speak of, held by Obama, or even Jeremiah Wright. You only have one example, right after 9/11. As for Wright's racially charged sermon, I would guess that being Black in America would make a person angry, a little indignant and frustrated.

Let's look at Mac, wasn't it the Maverick who cheated on his wife with Cindy Mac? Wasn't it this guy who voted against national recognition of MLK day? Who is this guy? Should we trust him with the presidency? I think you should look into it, Paul.

As for Mac being like Bush, I never said that, but, where it counts, he is like Bush. He cuts taxes mindlessly, he limits spending where we actually need more of it but raises it in areas like war, military bases, and bombs, and he holds to the old Republican ideal of free market, screwing the labor unions and having the wealth trickle down the nuggets of wealth to the little guy, by giving tax breaks to the rich who will then go out and hire all the little people to work for them, at fair, free market costs to employers.

Do your homework, kid? Republicans are Republicans because they believe the same thing: cut taxes, attack organized labor, fight against civil rights, and, since the days of Reagan, promoting the interests of the Christian Right. Democrats are democrats because they believe the same thing, as well, generally speaking. I don't agree with either, but I don't want to see anymore dead or maimed Arab women and children. Like Obama said, we're raiding villages and dropping bombs indiscriminately, instead of actually fighting the non-civilian forces: army, air force, etc. Go catch the holy ghost or something, I don't have anymore time for you. PEACE.

You sound like your tired of arguing like me. I use stuff against Obama from what he said on the interviews with Bill O'Reilly. Also what he said in other interviews and what he has said at speeches. He said that he attended the church for 20 years and went twice a month. Once every two weeks probably. He said that Jeremiah Wright was mentor before the event with Wright on national television were he is so famous from. This can also show that Obama didn't want to be part of that negative spot light, so he shyed away from Wright to cover himself up. It's obvious, but if you feel different, then whatever I can't force you to beleive it. Obama is an evagelical christian like myself and said that he has accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior so I know he has a theological belief. Problem is that his belief can be easily twisted with a guy like Wright preaching to you for 20 years. Get my drift? His preachings were violent, racist, and militant.

This is where you pissed me off.....

Obama's quote about OUR TROOPS boming and raiding villages makes him have no right to ever praise our troops. He blamed THE TROOPS for the murder of innocent people, he is not blaming Bush like you always do. He is blaming the troops. This was a FU*KED up quote by Obama and I am shocked that you say it as if to justify it and acknowledge it. Disgusting. One of the worst things you have said yet, OG. HOW CAN YOU EVEN TRY TO UNDERSTAND AND BACK UP WRIGHT'S SERMONS! LISTEN TO ONE!

Now I am cooled down.....

If you have dirt on McCain then show me! I want to see it and compare the two candidates. If you would compare the two associations, who would you think is the worst candidate? Still McCain? I dont know OG. I have heard a lot about Obama having a bad association but not so much McCain. Show me McCain's dirt. I am interested.

TunerAddict

Starter
You sound like your tired of arguing like me. I use stuff against Obama from what he said on the interviews with Bill O'Reilly. Also what he said in other interviews and what he has said at speeches. He said that he attended the church for 20 years and went twice a month. Once every two weeks probably. He said that Jeremiah Wright was mentor before the event with Wright on national television were he is so famous from. This can also show that Obama didn't want to be part of that negative spot light, so he shyed away from Wright to cover himself up. It's obvious, but if you feel different, then whatever I can't force you to beleive it. Obama is an evagelical christian like myself and said that he has accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior so I know he has a theological belief. Problem is that his belief can be easily twisted with a guy like Wright preaching to you for 20 years. Get my drift? His preachings were violent, racist, and militant.

This is where you pissed me off.....

Obama's quote about OUR TROOPS boming and raiding villages makes him have no right to ever praise our troops. He blamed THE TROOPS for the murder of innocent people, he is not blaming Bush like you always do. He is blaming the troops. This was a FU*KED up quote by Obama and I am shocked that you say it as if to justify it and acknowledge it. Disgusting. One of the worst things you have said yet, OG. HOW CAN YOU EVEN TRY TO UNDERSTAND AND BACK UP WRIGHT'S SERMONS! LISTEN TO ONE!

Now I am cooled down.....

If you have dirt on McCain then show me! I want to see it and compare the two candidates. If you would compare the two associations, who would you think is the worst candidate? Still McCain? I dont know OG. I have heard a lot about Obama having a bad association but not so much McCain. Show me McCain's dirt. I am interested.

If you honestly think we haven't had troops that have murdered innocent civilians then you are just in denial. Plenty have. Thats what happen when you create racism on the home front against Muslims, then send the people you've trained to hate Muslims to occupy a country in the Middle East.

We have murdered and air raided innocent people. He is only telling the truth. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true. Grow up. You don't even care about the issues, you're just an attack dog. You LOOK for reasons to hate Barack. You create reasons.

Paul1355

All Star
If you honestly think we haven't had troops that have murdered innocent civilians then you are just in denial. Plenty have. Thats what happen when you create racism on the home front against Muslims, then send the people you've trained to hate Muslims to occupy a country in the Middle East.

We have murdered and air raided innocent people. He is only telling the truth. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true. Grow up. You don't even care about the issues, you're just an attack dog. You LOOK for reasons to hate Barack. You create reasons.

Wow, Turner. Who have you been listening to? You show me proof that the troops purposely kill civilians for the hell of it. For no reason.
And then tell me if you were a soldier if you would want to hear someone running for president calling you out and your brothers beside you murderers.

Unbelievable.

TunerAddict

Starter
Wow, Turner. Who have you been listening to? You show me proof that the troops purposely kill civilians for the hell of it. For no reason.
And then tell me if you were a soldier if you would want to hear someone running for president calling you out and your brothers beside you murderers.

Unbelievable.

Grow up.

The truth is the truth whether you want to believe it. If someone is a murderer, then they are.

There are numerous soldiers on trial now. Sure, some have been acquited, but then again, the juries that ruled over them were American and you can't really expect the American people to convict their soldiers.

If you think there aren't rogue people murdering civilians, you're an idiot. Take off the rose colored glasses, because the fantasy world you live in where America is ALWAYS in the right, ALWAYS the one with the right plan for everyone else is just ****ing bullshit. Grow up.

Paul1355

All Star
Grow up.

The truth is the truth whether you want to believe it. If someone is a murderer, then they are.

There are numerous soldiers on trial now. Sure, some have been acquited, but then again, the juries that ruled over them were American and you can't really expect the American people to convict their soldiers.

If you think there aren't rogue people murdering civilians, you're an idiot. Take off the rose colored glasses, because the fantasy world you live in where America is ALWAYS in the right, ALWAYS the one with the right plan for everyone else is just ****ing bullshit. Grow up.

Yes soldiers are on trial and they should be. Problem is that Barack said our troops, meaning as a whole, are murdering civilians. If you don't think this was an attack on our troops, then your the idiot. He is calling our military, murderers. And he is running for president, and he will be the Commander in chief and lead our military and he is calling them murderers. This is a problem. He hurts the morale of our troops and accuses our troops of being like the same people we see commit murders everday. He put them in the same category. And you agree with this?

TunerAddict

Starter
Yes soldiers are on trial and they should be. Problem is that Barack said our troops, meaning as a whole, are murdering civilians. If you don't think this was an attack on our troops, then your the idiot. He is calling our military, murderers. And he is running for president, and he will be the Commander in chief and lead our military and he is calling them murderers. This is a problem. He hurts the morale of our troops and accuses our troops of being like the same people we see commit murders everday. He put them in the same category. And you agree with this?

Depends how you take this. You choose to see it as a whole. Did he say "All of our troops?" No. But you choose to say it is meaning it as a whole. Do you really think he thinks that ALL Of our troops are murdering? No. He is just speaking the truth. If you can't accept the truth, what has been done, then make sure it doesn't happen again and do something about it. Don't lie and try to hide it, grow pair of testicles and do something about it. The whole idea that its "hurting morale" is bogus. You make of it what you want. Its just an excuse. If you don't like being called a murderer, or for people to generalize, then that is ammunition to fuel yourself, to go out and make a difference, to make sure you prove that the majority aren't murderers. Using it as an excuse for failure is ludicrous. It is up to the soldiers to take it how they take it. Do you want to take a tiny statement and twist it out of proportion to use it as an excuse or do you wanna grow up and use it as fuel to prove yourself?

Paul1355

All Star
Depends how you take this. You choose to see it as a whole. Did he say "All of our troops?" No. But you choose to say it is meaning it as a whole. Do you really think he thinks that ALL Of our troops are murdering? No. He is just speaking the truth. If you can't accept the truth, what has been done, then make sure it doesn't happen again and do something about it. Don't lie and try to hide it, grow pair of testicles and do something about it. The whole idea that its "hurting morale" is bogus. You make of it what you want. Its just an excuse. If you don't like being called a murderer, or for people to generalize, then that is ammunition to fuel yourself, to go out and make a difference, to make sure you prove that the majority aren't murderers. Using it as an excuse for failure is ludicrous. It is up to the soldiers to take it how they take it. Do you want to take a tiny statement and twist it out of proportion to use it as an excuse or do you wanna grow up and use it as fuel to prove yourself?

I'd be the first one to fight againt soliders that kill innocents. Just undertand that he didn't section out a certain group. This is what I am saying. He didn't get specfic. He said "our troops" so one has to think to themselves, well he just called out most of the Army. And he called them murderers. This is what is twisted. If he is going to make a strong statement like that one, he better have proof of who did it and why. If not, then he should have never mentioned it because he didn't single out the guys that killed innocents, he singled out "our troops."

You know what I am saying.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Genius, surely someone directly providing military service is directly responsible for providing support for, and enabling the actions of, their fellow soldiers, in killing innocent people, like Tuner said, it's part of war. Your argument, that Obama should have somehow mentioned specific soldiers involved in war crimes, actually seems weak and aimed at defending a statement that couldn't hold up against Tuner's, which was basically that we do kill people, as a country, as a military, as taxpayers, as citizens, especially, I think, when we fail to elect the type of leadership that would prevent, not cause, needless war and killing. So, I agree with him, Obama was merely telling the truth.

You really need to wake up, and, when fox and Sarah Palin tell you that Obama is a traitor, because he said the troops were raiding villages, you should watch the entire video of his statements for yourself and then ask yourself why there are people dying in Iraq and who are injured to the extent that was evident in the pictures I've posted on various thread. SMH

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
McCain would just use up the economy for the...we've already lost enough money the last 4 years for reasons that only benefit the powerful....