Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: Anybody watch the Presidential Debate?

  1. #31
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    What's the point, Obama and McCain suck and are paid for. I throw up everytime I see this Democrat Vs. Republican crap....those parties are "manipulated"

    No-1 here even mentions the other parties out there, they may not get as much publicity (which is purposely done) but there is more outside the box then you think.

    Libertarian Party = (Forgot the guy's name, I posted it on this site somewhere) But toss this shyt out because Librals don't know their head from their aZz.

    Independent Party = Ralph Nader, you know him by now, he runs every election as the green party.

    Constitutional Party = Chuck Baldwin, I made a whole post on this guy that contained videos of his speeches.

    The point is, their is more hope in the Independent and Constitutional party that is overlooked because your minds are stuck on this republican and democrat garbage. These guys give good realistic plans that could help bring this country around.

    Realistically the people in these parties won't win because the media will supress their voice, they aren't funded by the global elite/special interest groups and non-traditional voting machines can be altered.

    Even so, at least you people could show some signs of diversity.

  2. #32
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Akamu
    What's the point, Obama and McCain suck and are paid for. I throw up everytime I see this Democrat Vs. Republican crap....those parties are "manipulated"

    No-1 here even mentions the other parties out there, they may not get as much publicity (which is purposely done) but there is more outside the box then you think.

    Libertarian Party = (Forgot the guy's name, I posted it on this site somewhere) But toss this shyt out because Librals don't know their head from their aZz.

    Independent Party = Ralph Nader, you know him by now, he runs every election as the green party.

    Constitutional Party = Chuck Baldwin, I made a whole post on this guy that contained videos of his speeches.

    The point is, their is more hope in the Independent and Constitutional party that is overlooked because your minds are stuck on this republican and democrat garbage. These guys give good realistic plans that could help bring this country around.

    Realistically the people in these parties won't win because the media will supress their voice, they aren't funded by the global elite/special interest groups and non-traditional voting machines can be altered.

    Even so, at least you people could show some signs of diversity.
    I'm a registered Libertarian....I was stuck between either that or CPUSA...

  3. #33
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Bob Barr, hes doing great so far for his party.. Although, I completely disagree with him, I give him props for actually being out there

  4. #34
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Paul, Paul, Paul. First of all, as a person with several degrees, including one in political science, my opinion is that you should really have your right to vote revoked. It doesn't matter that she knows of no Supreme Court cases? Do you know that the courts are integral parts of all levels of government? Do you know that they interpret the powers and rights of government? Do you know that a decision by the court can completely change the rights of government? Do you know that the president's branch is involved in selecting who serves in the Supreme Court, as well as the other federal courts? The fact that she lacks this basic knowledge means she's incompetent, bottom line. Let's look further, she doesn't talk about any newspapers. How is that acceptable, when she's going to be responsible for setting down policy for this country?

    Finally, it is not important that she have foreign policy experience, it is, however, important that she have some principles that she believes in, clear ones that we can study and critique. Her debate was trash, she answered nothing and simply smiled, tried to be cute and talked about mavericks, throughout the night. This is an insult to the American people's intelligence. As for Biden, agree with him or not, if you like, but he broke everything down, clearly and concisely.

    We've had 8 years of an incompetent president, with a deficient intellect and a poor grasp of the issues. If you really care about freedom, here's Joe Biden, talking about real genocide (in Darfur/Sudan), taking place right now, and he's saying we should save people who actually need the help, not bomb innocent people, which is what we did in Iraq, when their genocide had taken place 15 or so years ago and was already over. You also like calling everyone a democrat, if they don't agree with your guy. Well, I'm not a democrat, and I don't support either party. Some of us just don't happen to like this particular Republican. Try to think about that, somebody not liking someone just because they suck, rather than party affiliation, I know it's hard for you, but I hope that statement breaks through.

    I only support Obama, after, at one point, considering McCain, because he's better than McCain, who has shown himself to be a mindless conservative ideologue, when it comes to economic and foreign policy matters, and wildly irresponsible in choosing a retard to be his running mate, when he could die at any moment, at age 72. When he chose her, I could no longer consider supporting his ticket. When I read that he had voted against bills supporting humane treatment of animals bred for slaughter, as a member of the humane society, I knew that this scum should never be allowed to be president, when he refuses to show respect and compassion for animals that die so that we can be fed.

    Paul, you are a sorry excuse for a citizen and the qualities that every citizen should exhibit. You're a walking talking point, who repeats all the terminology used by idiots from the cable news programs. I watch those same programs, on fox, cnn and msnbc,but I realize that the people on them are idiots, lack real knowledge and seek to influence our thinking. It is your responsibility, as an American, to use more than terms like "associations" when talking about Barack Obama.

    Obama hung out with Bill Aires. So ****ing what? Do you do a background check on everyone you know briefly? Should you pay the price for knowing someone or talking to them, despite THEIR past? If you have proof that Obama said what Wright said, did any of the stuff that Bill Aires did, back when Obama was a little boy in Hawaii, present it. Otherwise, you're dead wrong. I've had friends who did crimes that I know of, and I've probably hung out with people who did evil things that I don't know of, does that make me responsible for whatever they did? People go to church, too. And Pastor Wright said somethings about current events, right after 9-11. Does what Wright said during an extraordinary time represent everything he said, all the time? If you have evidence of this, please produce it.

    What I just did was destroy all of the garbage you've been repeating, gathered from your friends on Hannity and colmes and the Oreilly Factor. You're going to have to do better, gather some more accurate information, that's actually representative of the record. Otherwise, just shut up, because you just lack the knowledge to speak on the issues.

    The bottom line is that it doesn't matter if you like McCain and Palin, they're losing in every poll, so why should we even care about what you say? Palin is going to kill your ticket, because she's a mental midget and he's a racist and follows the Republican ideology of trickle down economics, something which has failed miserably. Obama is going to win, as all the polls show, and your salary will grow, prices will stabilize, and countries will start to respect us again. It's not paradise, but things will be a little better, even for you. Enjoy watching Obama's inauguration on fox news.

    Surge??? So ****ing what? When something is wrong, it's wrong. This is not the President's country, it's ours. He lied, Colin Powell admitted that he knew he was lying but did so because Bush wanted war. Now, lives are squandered, kids are living without arms and legs. I told you before, and I'll tell you again, you are a part of it and those kids' names should someday go on your tombstone.

    OG I respect you for always giving your opinion. Let's get this straight. I knock on Obama's association because he is running for President. You are not, so I don't care you hang out with. The problem is this guy is going to be our commander in chief and if he has one view that is as radical or crazy as Bill Aires or Jeremiah Wright, THEN YOU HAVE TO STOP IGNORING IT AS NONESENSE!!!! You say im like every other citizen that just talks and talks....your like every other person arguing me on this site that ignores and ignores. POINT IS that Barack Obama has been to Bill Aires home. He has gone to church under Jeremiah Wright for 20 years. he has attended events for Fanie Mae and Freddie Mac to promote their companies in support FOR THEM and a belief they can help the goverment financially.

    I HOPE i am wrong and that Barack is completely against these people. BUT HONESTLY, OG, your smarter than this. He has to believe some of what they believe or say. If not, why would he associate himself with them??? WHY didn't he stop going to Wright's church after his first couple visits when he preached racist militant teachings that ARE NOT in the Bible by the way. No he went for 20 more years. Understand? When someone is your mentor, OG, they have a huge influence on your life and how you would approach issues in your life. If his mentor has racist views, what makes you think that Obama isn't as racist or militant??? It seems unlikely from another angle, but getting to know your candidate is what's important.

    You compare McCain to Bush all the time. whenever we argue you bring up what Bush has done...NOT McCain. ENOUGH they are not clones. This is John McCain not George Bush...this is a clear example of propaganda and brainwashing to make people vote for Obama. Can't you see this??? For somebody who thnks that the goverment is full of manipulation...your being manipulated right now!!! lolol. I mean i can't explain any simpler. Take out the belief that McCain is Bush's twin brother...and now who do support?

    How long has Biden been in the Senate and has done absolutely nothing important??? How many times has Barack Obama voted "present" and not for or against a bill? Becuase he can't decide himself. He said that when he becomes president he wants to have a bunch of people in a room making every decision as a group and with a vote. I look at this as a good thing, but that also means that he can't make decisions on his own with confidence in himself. And then if he screws up, he won't get the blame, his people that he has conferences will. It's all a plan, OG. He will look good to people if he is president because everyone seems him as their savior. Just wait until he has to face some hard decisions like Bush did with 9/11...then we'll see if Barack Obama is a "brilliant person" LMAO. I can't beleive you actually said that. A harvard education means nothing when it comes to confronting enemies that want to kill you. A Harvard ed. got him to become friends with some pretty bad people.

    As I said, I hope I am wrong....but the odds are that I am right on one of the issues I mentioned concerning Obama. He has question marks all around him and I am just asking you to look into and stop ignoring it.

    If you will approach these arguements with an open mind...then I will take time to find information for you to show you "proof."

    I say proof everyday, maybe you should look into it instead of me always having to prove myself. I don't make false accusations on people. I never will. So as I said before, if you take this arguements with an open mind, than I will go out of my to find information for you. If not, then what is the point?

    Is that fair?

  5. #35
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Akamu
    What's the point, Obama and McCain suck and are paid for. I throw up everytime I see this Democrat Vs. Republican crap....those parties are "manipulated"

    No-1 here even mentions the other parties out there, they may not get as much publicity (which is purposely done) but there is more outside the box then you think.

    Libertarian Party = (Forgot the guy's name, I posted it on this site somewhere) But toss this shyt out because Librals don't know their head from their aZz.

    Independent Party = Ralph Nader, you know him by now, he runs every election as the green party.

    Constitutional Party = Chuck Baldwin, I made a whole post on this guy that contained videos of his speeches.

    The point is, their is more hope in the Independent and Constitutional party that is overlooked because your minds are stuck on this republican and democrat garbage. These guys give good realistic plans that could help bring this country around.

    Realistically the people in these parties won't win because the media will supress their voice, they aren't funded by the global elite/special interest groups and non-traditional voting machines can be altered.

    Even so, at least you people could show some signs of diversity.
    Agreed both parties are manipulated at times.

    So who do you think would be the best option for election 4 years from now?

  6. #36
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    EZ...



    Former Minnesota Governor, he might run, he's real popular plus he's the fukin man.

    -Former Navy Seal
    -Former Pro Wrestler
    -Former Movie Star
    -Former Governor

    What else? I know I'm missing more...

    He's hosting a new show now on the "TruNetwork" (TruTV I think it's called) that exposes the government and politics.

  7. #37
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    I say proof everyday, maybe you should look into it instead of me always having to prove myself.
    Is that fair?
    The Ultimate contradiction.

    SMH



    You're so ignorant.

    That quote makes Sarah Palin look like a PHD scholar.

    You don't say proof, because you have no sources to support you beliefs other than Sean Hannity and Lou Dobbs.
    Taking garbage that comes out of the mouths of two buffoons isn't proof.

    Try again.
    Last edited by abcd; Oct 05, 2008 at 18:32.

  8. #38
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    The Ultimate contradiction.

    SMH



    You're so ignorant.

    That quote makes Sarah Palin look like a PHD scholar.

    You don't say proof, because you have no sources to support you beliefs other than Sean Hannity and Lou Dobbs.
    Taking garbage that comes out of the mouths of two buffoons isn't proof.

    Try again.
    Stop having OG fight your arguments and answer my last post to you.

    BTW my proof is what Obama-Biden say and do. They are my source. Guys like Hannity don't ignore it and they present it so that people don't forget. This is why he always repeats himself. Because people forget, ABCD.

    And stop saying one line and letting OG fight your fights.


    And you should watch Hannity. He is having a special on Obama's very liberal record and it's not a good one.

  9. #39
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Stop having OG fight your arguments and answer my last post to you.

    BTW my proof is what Obama-Biden say and do. They are my source. Guys like Hannity don't ignore it and they present it so that people don't forget. This is why he always repeats himself. Because people forget, ABCD.

    And stop saying one line and letting OG fight your fights.


    And you should watch Hannity. He is having a special on Obama's very liberal record and it's not a good one.
    Liberal
    –adjective 1.favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
    Yep, thats what we hate here in America, progress. Lets go back to the stone ages!!! Jeez...Might as well make Christianity the state religion too....

  10. #40
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I'm leaving this kid alone, he's just a maverick. Again, Paul, somebody should start revoking voting privileges from people like you.

    As for "associations," What about about McCain and the Keating 5? Mac taking money, under the table, so that this guy, Charles Keating, could get away with raping the monetary system, costing us billions and destroying the lifesavings of countless elderly retirees. In this time of economic crisis, should we trust a man who, at the ripe old age of 52, was willing to compromise himself for financial and political gain? This is an association from which one can actually gather information concerning McCain's lack of ethics.

    Nothing that you said proves anything about Obama, except that he attended a church, you don't even prove that he was attending weekly or even monthly. You also have no evidence of the theological beliefs, over the twenty year period you speak of, held by Obama, or even Jeremiah Wright. You only have one example, right after 9/11. As for Wright's racially charged sermon, I would guess that being Black in America would make a person angry, a little indignant and frustrated.

    Let's look at Mac, wasn't it the Maverick who cheated on his wife with Cindy Mac? Wasn't it this guy who voted against national recognition of MLK day? Who is this guy? Should we trust him with the presidency? I think you should look into it, Paul.

    As for Mac being like Bush, I never said that, but, where it counts, he is like Bush. He cuts taxes mindlessly, he limits spending where we actually need more of it but raises it in areas like war, military bases, and bombs, and he holds to the old Republican ideal of free market, screwing the labor unions and having the wealth trickle down the nuggets of wealth to the little guy, by giving tax breaks to the rich who will then go out and hire all the little people to work for them, at fair, free market costs to employers.

    Do your homework, kid? Republicans are Republicans because they believe the same thing: cut taxes, attack organized labor, fight against civil rights, and, since the days of Reagan, promoting the interests of the Christian Right. Democrats are democrats because they believe the same thing, as well, generally speaking. I don't agree with either, but I don't want to see anymore dead or maimed Arab women and children. Like Obama said, we're raiding villages and dropping bombs indiscriminately, instead of actually fighting the non-civilian forces: army, air force, etc. Go catch the holy ghost or something, I don't have anymore time for you. PEACE.

  11. #41
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    I'm leaving this kid alone, he's just a maverick. Again, Paul, somebody should start revoking voting privileges from people like you.

    As for "associations," What about about McCain and the Keating 5? Mac taking money, under the table, so that this guy, Charles Keating, could get away with raping the monetary system, costing us billions and destroying the lifesavings of countless elderly retirees. In this time of economic crisis, should we trust a man who, at the ripe old age of 52, was willing to compromise himself for financial and political gain? This is an association from which one can actually gather information concerning McCain's lack of ethics.

    Nothing that you said proves anything about Obama, except that he attended a church, you don't even prove that he was attending weekly or even monthly. You also have no evidence of the theological beliefs, over the twenty year period you speak of, held by Obama, or even Jeremiah Wright. You only have one example, right after 9/11. As for Wright's racially charged sermon, I would guess that being Black in America would make a person angry, a little indignant and frustrated.

    Let's look at Mac, wasn't it the Maverick who cheated on his wife with Cindy Mac? Wasn't it this guy who voted against national recognition of MLK day? Who is this guy? Should we trust him with the presidency? I think you should look into it, Paul.

    As for Mac being like Bush, I never said that, but, where it counts, he is like Bush. He cuts taxes mindlessly, he limits spending where we actually need more of it but raises it in areas like war, military bases, and bombs, and he holds to the old Republican ideal of free market, screwing the labor unions and having the wealth trickle down the nuggets of wealth to the little guy, by giving tax breaks to the rich who will then go out and hire all the little people to work for them, at fair, free market costs to employers.

    Do your homework, kid? Republicans are Republicans because they believe the same thing: cut taxes, attack organized labor, fight against civil rights, and, since the days of Reagan, promoting the interests of the Christian Right. Democrats are democrats because they believe the same thing, as well, generally speaking. I don't agree with either, but I don't want to see anymore dead or maimed Arab women and children. Like Obama said, we're raiding villages and dropping bombs indiscriminately, instead of actually fighting the non-civilian forces: army, air force, etc. Go catch the holy ghost or something, I don't have anymore time for you. PEACE.
    You sound like your tired of arguing like me. I use stuff against Obama from what he said on the interviews with Bill O'Reilly. Also what he said in other interviews and what he has said at speeches. He said that he attended the church for 20 years and went twice a month. Once every two weeks probably. He said that Jeremiah Wright was mentor before the event with Wright on national television were he is so famous from. This can also show that Obama didn't want to be part of that negative spot light, so he shyed away from Wright to cover himself up. It's obvious, but if you feel different, then whatever I can't force you to beleive it. Obama is an evagelical christian like myself and said that he has accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior so I know he has a theological belief. Problem is that his belief can be easily twisted with a guy like Wright preaching to you for 20 years. Get my drift? His preachings were violent, racist, and militant.

    This is where you pissed me off.....

    Obama's quote about OUR TROOPS boming and raiding villages makes him have no right to ever praise our troops. He blamed THE TROOPS for the murder of innocent people, he is not blaming Bush like you always do. He is blaming the troops. This was a FU*KED up quote by Obama and I am shocked that you say it as if to justify it and acknowledge it. Disgusting. One of the worst things you have said yet, OG. HOW CAN YOU EVEN TRY TO UNDERSTAND AND BACK UP WRIGHT'S SERMONS! LISTEN TO ONE!


    Now I am cooled down.....


    If you have dirt on McCain then show me! I want to see it and compare the two candidates. If you would compare the two associations, who would you think is the worst candidate? Still McCain? I dont know OG. I have heard a lot about Obama having a bad association but not so much McCain. Show me McCain's dirt. I am interested.

  12. #42
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    You sound like your tired of arguing like me. I use stuff against Obama from what he said on the interviews with Bill O'Reilly. Also what he said in other interviews and what he has said at speeches. He said that he attended the church for 20 years and went twice a month. Once every two weeks probably. He said that Jeremiah Wright was mentor before the event with Wright on national television were he is so famous from. This can also show that Obama didn't want to be part of that negative spot light, so he shyed away from Wright to cover himself up. It's obvious, but if you feel different, then whatever I can't force you to beleive it. Obama is an evagelical christian like myself and said that he has accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior so I know he has a theological belief. Problem is that his belief can be easily twisted with a guy like Wright preaching to you for 20 years. Get my drift? His preachings were violent, racist, and militant.

    This is where you pissed me off.....

    Obama's quote about OUR TROOPS boming and raiding villages makes him have no right to ever praise our troops. He blamed THE TROOPS for the murder of innocent people, he is not blaming Bush like you always do. He is blaming the troops. This was a FU*KED up quote by Obama and I am shocked that you say it as if to justify it and acknowledge it. Disgusting. One of the worst things you have said yet, OG. HOW CAN YOU EVEN TRY TO UNDERSTAND AND BACK UP WRIGHT'S SERMONS! LISTEN TO ONE!


    Now I am cooled down.....


    If you have dirt on McCain then show me! I want to see it and compare the two candidates. If you would compare the two associations, who would you think is the worst candidate? Still McCain? I dont know OG. I have heard a lot about Obama having a bad association but not so much McCain. Show me McCain's dirt. I am interested.
    If you honestly think we haven't had troops that have murdered innocent civilians then you are just in denial. Plenty have. Thats what happen when you create racism on the home front against Muslims, then send the people you've trained to hate Muslims to occupy a country in the Middle East.

    We have murdered and air raided innocent people. He is only telling the truth. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true. Grow up. You don't even care about the issues, you're just an attack dog. You LOOK for reasons to hate Barack. You create reasons.

  13. #43
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    >The structure you are ordered to follow<

  14. #44
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    If you honestly think we haven't had troops that have murdered innocent civilians then you are just in denial. Plenty have. Thats what happen when you create racism on the home front against Muslims, then send the people you've trained to hate Muslims to occupy a country in the Middle East.

    We have murdered and air raided innocent people. He is only telling the truth. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true. Grow up. You don't even care about the issues, you're just an attack dog. You LOOK for reasons to hate Barack. You create reasons.
    Wow, Turner. Who have you been listening to? You show me proof that the troops purposely kill civilians for the hell of it. For no reason.
    And then tell me if you were a soldier if you would want to hear someone running for president calling you out and your brothers beside you murderers.

    Unbelievable.

  15. #45
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Wow, Turner. Who have you been listening to? You show me proof that the troops purposely kill civilians for the hell of it. For no reason.
    And then tell me if you were a soldier if you would want to hear someone running for president calling you out and your brothers beside you murderers.

    Unbelievable.
    Grow up.

    The truth is the truth whether you want to believe it. If someone is a murderer, then they are.

    There are numerous soldiers on trial now. Sure, some have been acquited, but then again, the juries that ruled over them were American and you can't really expect the American people to convict their soldiers.

    If you think there aren't rogue people murdering civilians, you're an idiot. Take off the rose colored glasses, because the fantasy world you live in where America is ALWAYS in the right, ALWAYS the one with the right plan for everyone else is just ****ing bull****. Grow up.

Similar Threads

  1. Watch NYK games LIVE!!!
    By commonse in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jan 18, 2013, 06:38
  2. The MVP Debate
    By Starks in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Mar 14, 2008, 19:39
  3. Isiah Thomas. Cancer or Visionary? End Debate
    By donchris in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jan 13, 2008, 12:35
  4. My beef with Isiah
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2007, 04:21
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 10, 2005, 12:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •