Eddy Curry misses 1st day;Randolph Impresses - Video included

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
September 30, 2008
Curry out with infection (updated)

By MARC BERMAN

SARATOGA SPRINGS - The upset of the first day of training camp at Skidmore College is Jerome James made it through the first session and Eddy Curry was nowhere to be found. Curry was back at the hotel room battling what the team called a bacterial infection and could miss the whole weeklong camp. Curry actually went to Saratoga Hospital to be evaluated. This is costly days for Curry since he came into camp out of shape and has to change his entire game to fit Mike D'Antoni's system. He'll probably be out till the earliest Thursday.

Curry was said to be vomiting all through last night. Mike D'Antoni, always the quipster, said it could be a blessing in disguise. Throwing up is a good way to lose weight, cracked D'Antoni.

If I were a betting man, I'd say the starting frontcourt on opening night is David Lee at center, Zach Randolph at power forward, Wilson Chandler at small forward. Randolph impressed D'Antoni with his running today and the mood was incredibly upbeat, with players finally saying that after years of confusion, at least they'll have an identity as a running club.

--

The New York Knicks have always enjoyed going to Charleston, S.C. for training camp to avoid the New York media crush. But they picked the wrong town in coming to the Capital region where a voluminous, aggressive and sharp media corps exists.

Thirty minutes from the state capital, the Knicks players were engulfed by television cameras from the Albany area - with Stephon Marbury and Allan Houston getting swarmed. By far, there were more cameras at Skidmore College today than in Westchester during Media Day.

After attending SUNY Albany, I worked here three years covering the CBA's Albany Patroons in the late 1980's, when the league was formidable and games were shown on ESPN. I covered in succession, coaches Phil Jackson, Bill Musselman and George Karl. According to the Times Union's Tim Wilkin, who covered the great Patroon years, the CBA, down to five teams, is dying because of the Developmental League.

smhrd3.gif
thumbsdown.gif

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Curry should just retire. He doesn't want to play, especially for D'Antoni.

Lee at Center, Zach at PF and Chandler at SF might work. I guess Q. Rich will come off the bench with Nate and Jeffries. I wonder if Curry is even going to make the rotation at all? What a waste.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
^^
I agree, but i would put zach at center and lee at powerforward. Im suprised to hear that Z-bo was gettin up and down the court real well, but he unlike curry actually likes playing basketball. I never understood why Zach was the 1st priority for Donnie walsh to trade, and not curry. He might be selfish but at least he can rebound which is what we need.

Paul1355

All Star
Curry should just retire. He doesn't want to play, especially for D'Antoni.

Lee at Center, Zach at PF and Chandler at SF might work. I guess Q. Rich will come off the bench with Nate and Jeffries. I wonder if Curry is even going to make the rotation at all? What a waste.

Havnig a bacterial infection doesn't mean that he doesn't want to play. Reports showed of him puking so it's not like he is faking it. Maybe he puked from eating to many Big Mac's?

knicklover

Benchwarmer
^^
I agree, but i would put zach at center and lee at powerforward. Im suprised to hear that Z-bo was gettin up and down the court real well, but he unlike curry actually likes playing basketball. I never understood why Zach was the 1st priority for Donnie walsh to trade, and not curry. He might be selfish but at least he can rebound which is what we need.

The issue with Zach is partly that his contract is even worse than Curry's and partly that his off court behavior can be a distraction.

This is a new regime. They are looking for mature professionals.

The problem with Curry is strictly a matter of effort, but he's a good teammate and no real problem otherwise.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
It doesn't surprise me that Curry didn't make it to training camp. At 300 lbs, Curry's definitely going to have tons of trips to the hospital. I'm glad that Randolph did good. He usually plays hard, so it's good to see that he hasn't changed, as far as effort is concerned. D'Antoni better bury Curry in the bench. I'd play Jerome James over Curry, if I was D'Antoni.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
but hey guys look at the brightside now that curry is trowing up he can finally lose a couple of pounds =d see someone was hanging out with models this summer lol but wow yo...i doubt hes really sick like that probably and excuse for him not 2 go 2 camp and so d antoni can see how fat he really is...and Randolph...ok...he played hard....he always does...who cares if your playing hard just for yourself inprovement

LJ4ptplay

Starter
^^

Zach at Center or Lee at Center really doesn't matter. They will be interchangeable, and whoever gets down the court on defense first will determine their defensive match-up. On offense, they will be interchangeable too. That's probably why they will be the frontcourt starters. D'Antoni likes to play guys at multiple positions to mix things up and keep a short rotation. I'm not a fan of Zach, but atleast with two double-double guys on the court at the same time, we will dominate in rebounds (which is critical for the fast-break offense). This front-court definitely makes the most sense, particularly in D'Antoni's system.

I'm not sure about starting Chandler though. I have faith that he will be a great player for us, but I'm still not sold on his outside shooting yet. Outside shooting will be critical at the wing positions in D'Antoni's system. Q Rich may still be a better option at the SF spot (if he can stay healthy and get back to his proficient shooting ways). I would even think about starting Q at the SG spot with Chandler at the SF and Crawford coming off the bench (that's where he should be, like Ben Gordon). Plus, that will give us better perimeter defense which will be important with no shot-blockers in the post. But that probably won't happen.

Kiyaman

Legend
It doesn't surprise me that Curry didn't make it to training camp. At 300 lbs, Curry's definitely going to have tons of trips to the hospital. I'm glad that Randolph did good. He usually plays hard, so it's good to see that he hasn't changed, as far as effort is concerned. D'Antoni better bury Curry in the bench. I'd play Jerome James over Curry, if I was D'Antoni.

Wha dup ABCD, your going to LUV this Knick season comming up.
There is no suprises! so to alot of other members in this forum if Curry would have came in at a healthy 265 fit to run n gun than that would have been a shocking suprise.

Did anyone expect anything different from Eddy Curry?
Is this Curry first time doing this? or 2nd or 3rd or 4th?

Lets stop acting suprise about this Knick Team!
7.0 C-Brook Lopez was available with the 6th pick.

Knick-Fans just wanted a replacement for Isiah Thomas and Stephon Marbury.

So far the vote is still in.... on the replacements (Walsh, Dantoni, and Duhorn) being a better fit than the people they are replacing.

As bad as Marbury is/was with this Knick team their was alot of games lastseason that Marbury would have won on his own if he was on the roster (he only played in 24 games last season) which would've made this team a 33-49 team.
So Dantoni winning 35 games this season is not much of an accomplishment.

Crawford and Zach Randolph did not allow Curry in lastseason offense.
The changes that were made this offseason to the Knicks 23 win roster.....should guarantee the outcome of this Knicks 2008-9 season..... of what? a playoff spot or a ping-pong ball?
Whichever it may be.... Curry being out of shape and over 300 pounds still help this offseason plan...

P.S. dont anyone ask me what the offseason plan is/was..... I did'nt have my breakfast yet. <!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
There is no suprises! so to alot of other members in this forum if Curry would have came in at a healthy 265 fit to run n gun than that would have been a shocking suprise.

So far the vote is still in.... on the replacements (Walsh, Dantoni, and Duhorn) being a better fit than the people they are replacing.

As bad as Marbury is/was with this Knick team their was alot of games lastseason that Marbury would have won on his own if he was on the roster (he only played in 24 games last season) which would've made this team a 33-49 team.

The changes that were made this offseason to the Knicks 23 win roster.....should guarantee the outcome of this Knicks 2008-9 season..... of what? a playoff spot or a ping-pong ball?
Whichever it may be.... Curry being out of shape and over 300 pounds still help this offseason plan...

P.S. dont anyone ask me what the offseason plan is/was..... I did'nt have my breakfast yet. <!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->
I know. I wanted the Knicks to get Brook Lopez and dump Curry, but it's too late now. Curry's trade value continues to decrease, and nobody on the Knicks seems to do anything about it. If I was Donnie Walsh, I would've traded the 6th pick for a lower pick, just to get rid of fat Curry. Now we're stuck with him for 3 MORE YEARS!

Toons

is the Bo$$

-->

Man, Kiyiah, its so many times that i see where ur comming from, but yet u say sum conspiracy theory shiit that just throws away ur point. We should have drafted lopez, or traded up for kevin love, but we didnt. For what reason, im not sure. if iw as walsh, i would have traded lee to get love. Love has a better offensive skill set imo and he's taller. Yes we all wanted to replace isiah....and also most of the players he brought in. How can u be on this site, and say "knick fans only want isiah and marbs gone" i can count on 3 fingers the players that most want to stay. If walsh got lopez, walsh may not have been able to find minutes for him, you never know.

When since randolph and crawford become coach of the knicks?? how can a player override decisions of a coach to exclude another player from the offense? u speak much bullshiit my friend. U honestly believe marbury would have made us a 50 win team? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
....and
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HA

ok, now lets be serious....walsh said it himself, no 1 player can fix this mess, and u think marbury can??? HAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAAAA
AAAAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHA

Dirk

Benchwarmer
start nate roberson in center isntead of fat cury with fat hands and fat head of him he probably think hos[pitals foods is not fat enough so he order on telefon super mcnuget chicken bucket from de KFC chicken and the french fryu faty bstard curry

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Man, Kiyiah, its so many times that i see where ur comming from, but yet u say sum conspiracy theory shiit that just throws away ur point. We should have drafted lopez, or traded up for kevin love, but we didnt. For what reason, im not sure. if iw as walsh, i would have traded lee to get love. Love has a better offensive skill set imo and he's taller. Yes we all wanted to replace isiah....and also most of the players he brought in. How can u be on this site, and say "knick fans only want isiah and marbs gone" i can count on 3 fingers the players that most want to stay. If walsh got lopez, walsh may not have been able to find minutes for him, you never know.

When since randolph and crawford become coach of the knicks?? how can a player override decisions of a coach to exclude another player from the offense? u speak much bullshiit my friend. U honestly believe marbury would have made us a 50 win team? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
....and
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HA

ok, now lets be serious....walsh said it himself, no 1 player can fix this mess, and u think marbury can??? HAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAAAA
AAAAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHA

Post of the month Toons.
Priceless

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
but hey guys look at the brightside now that curry is trowing up he can finally lose a couple of pounds =d see someone was hanging out with models this summer lol but wow yo...i doubt hes really sick like that probably and excuse for him not 2 go 2 camp and so d antoni can see how fat he really is...and Randolph...ok...he played hard....he always does...who cares if your playing hard just for yourself inprovement

YOOO i got sumthin for you....

2hg925g.jpg