Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Financially, Obama is not the answer.

  1. #1
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Financially, Obama is not the answer.

    Our current financial crisis was influenced by corruption that got so bad that we are now in this situation. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac....ring a bell? These guys are known as of right now, as one of the most corrupt business people in America that screwed so many people for their own personal gain. And guess what? On their list of people they payed....Barack Obama is 2nd. This goes back to Obama's bad association with people. Jeremiah Wright, Bil Aires, etc. Barack is closer to some pretty bad people than everyone thinks. Look into the whole Fannie and Freddie situation. And then look at Obama's connection with them. It raises some eyebrows.


    Joe Johnson is associated with Obama and he was the CEO for Fannie Mae. And more with the connection to Obama. Shows his financial views...not good.



    Here is the aftermath.



    CHECK THIS OUT....Obama says that he predicted the Crisis when he himself supported Fannie and Freddie. Unbelievable!

  2. #2
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Yo, Paul, what are you talking about? Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are not people, they're semi-private, semi-governmental entities. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were created to provide White, Blacks were banned by racist policies, WWII veterans with cheap, low cost mortgages, after WWII, as part of the larger efforts involved in buttressing the GI bill.

    The only reason that Mac supported attacks against Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae is because they were semi-governmental, and he wanted to privatize them, which is what all conservatives have traditionally supported, as stated by TunerAddict, who blamed Reagan's evil ass for this crisis.

    What happened when Republicans allowed privatization of the electric companies? We wound up with blackouts in NYC, in 2002, and lack of necessary service and repair. If you're going to call yourself conservative, please read and study your Republican bible. You can't say you're for monitoring poor lending practices, when your party supports free market, with no restrictions.

    Everyone takes money from interest groups, that's just a fact. If you have evidence that Mac hasn't taken any, please post it. If you have evidence that Obama voted against regulation of either Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae, post the resolution and his vote on this thread. Making unsubstantiated claims is not enough.

    I say this as a student of politics, with a BA in political science.

    As for the banks taking over our country, let's not get paranoid here. What we need is a brilliant politician, sensitive to the issues, whom I think is embodied in the person of Barack Obama. I never vote or become interested in politics, but this guy is going to at least make things a little better. Our economy will definitely improve under Obama.

  3. #3
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Yo, Paul, what are you talking about? Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are not people, they're semi-private, semi-governmental entities. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were created to provide White, Blacks were banned by racist policies, WWII veterans with cheap, low cost mortgages, after WWII, as part of the larger efforts involved in buttressing the GI bill.

    The only reason that Mac supported attacks against Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae is because they were semi-governmental, and he wanted to privatize them, which is what all conservatives have traditionally supported, as stated by TunerAddict, who blamed Reagan's evil ass for this crisis.

    What happened when Republicans allowed privatization of the electric companies? We wound up with blackouts in NYC, in 2002, and lack of necessary service and repair. If you're going to call yourself conservative, please read and study your Republican bible. You can't say you're for monitoring poor lending practices, when your party supports free market, with no restrictions.

    Everyone takes money from interest groups, that's just a fact. If you have evidence that Mac hasn't taken any, please post it. If you have evidence that Obama voted against regulation of either Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae, post the resolution and his vote on this thread. Making unsubstantiated claims is not enough.

    I say this as a student of politics, with a BA in political science.
    As for the banks taking over our country, let's not get paranoid here. What we need is a brilliant politician, sensitive to the issues, whom I think is embodied in the person of Barack Obama. I never vote or become interested in politics, but this guy is going to at least make things a little better. Our economy will definitely improve under Obama.
    "I never vote or become interested in politics, but this guy is...." BLACK and no he NOR McCain will not improve this economy.

    I'm being straight up, people keep lying saying Obama's Blackness is not a reason why they want to vote, he's a pretty good speaker but that's the only thing even close to good about him! Just be real with it.

    Once again I do not like McCain or Obama. Joe Biden is a scamming piece of trash (there are documents proving his involvement with scams) and Palin is a straight moron, she's in love with Isreali and looks like she'd drop the bombs on Iran herself.

    Ok about the RED bold statement that I highlighted...did you just see what happened in the past week?


    Don't be ignorant OG, look this stuff up!

    A 700 BILLION dollar Bank Takeover Bill was being forced on the senate to pass, the senate did the right thing (for once) by voting AGAINST the bill (For those who voted against it).

    Thousands of phone calls and e-mails were pouring in onto the senators from each state to NOT pass this bill.

    If you did not understand this yet, SENATORS GET BRIBED TO PUSH BILLS/LAWS!



    Do you have a 401k or Pension? Guess what THEY ARE TAKING IT AWAY FROM YOU! They made it LEGAL jus recently to take away your retirement funding! HOW FUKED UP IS THIS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE ABOUT TO RETIRE! My father's pension was REDUCED JUST RECENTLY by an ENORMOUS AMOUNT! He CAN'T retire now! Don't be a fool and think Obama will save this problem because if you looked at his proposals it does not look pretty!

    BANKS WERE BRIBING THE SENATORS TO FORCE PUSH THIS BILL TO COVER THEIR A-S-S!

    A few days later the banks get their wish (after handing money under the table to the senators) to PASS a BILL THAT THOUSANDS, MILLIONS OF PEOPLE DID NOT WANT TO BE PASSED!

    Senators that had interest of the PUBLIC OPINION were getting threathed with MARSHAL LAW! Marshal Law was about to be declared on this country because they would not do as the banks wanted!

    Do you understand what Marshal Law is? (Look up, NorthCom and FEMA)

    The main reason for this Bill to be passed:
    -Cover up banks (the crooks) mess.
    -Gives IMMUNITY to the banks, no investigation or anything!?!?! WTF??!?!?
    -Shoves along other special interests to be implemented into our system.
    -Allows OVER 700 Billion (5 to 6 TRILLION) to be printed out of thin air which DEVALUES the US dollar even FASTER!

    Since you love Obama so much, guess what, he made a lot of speeches that were in favor of a GLOBAL GOVERNMENT! So by me saying this, with the problem we are faced now we are heading head first towards a global economy and HE SUPPORTS IT!

    McCain and Obama voted FOR THIS BILL TO PASS!!!!!!!!!!!

    ALL THIS MONEY BEING PAYED TO THE BANKS IS COMING FROM US, TAX US TO HELL!!!!!!!

    The Senate just committed TREASON to it's finest degree! They are crooks along with the banks (their are however a select few that actually give a shyt about America and went against this guaranteed economic collapse!)

    Economic fallout can happen any day now to about 2 to 3 years. Be ready for harder times, this is a far warning for anyone who reads this.

    Check my thread for videos and some more info.

    Scroll Down and Check the Bill they just passed, America just got elbow dropped in the gut and we are going down for the count:


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by Akamu; Oct 05, 2008 at 09:46.

  4. #4
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I see what you're saying, but I'm hoping for the best of the worst. To me, McCain would be another Bush, and the only alternative seems to be Obama. In addition, Obama seems like a very flexible, thoughtful person, and I think that it's time we have someone like that in office. If there are issues that you and I see, I feel he will see them and care, it's just what I get from they guy, when looking at all of the work he's done, while on the campaign trail.

    As for the power of banks in this country, as well as how Israel is treating the Palestinians, we must fight for peace in the middle east, a Palestinian state, etc., so that Israel isn't such a focus of our foreign policy, especially since it is such a small portion of the world. I do think we need more of a global approach to issues, however, with, of course, an attention to maintaining national sovereignty. We need a stronger international body, for maintaining peace and promoting equality and higher standards of living for all people, in all countries. As long as the nation is more important than the world, the nations will continue to fight for their own interests, rather than what is mutually beneficial.

    Tell me what you think, I'd like to read whatever that would happen to be.

  5. #5
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    I see what you're saying, but I'm hoping for the best of the worst. 1)To me, McCain would be another Bush, and the only alternative seems to be Obama. In addition, 2)Obama seems like a very flexible, thoughtful person, and I think that it's time we have someone like that in office. If there are issues that you and I see, I feel he will see them and care, it's just what I get from they guy, 3)when looking at all of the work he's done, while on the campaign trail.

    4)As for the power of banks in this country, as well as how Israel is treating the Palestinians, we must fight for peace in the middle east, a Palestinian state, etc., so that Israel isn't such a focus of our foreign policy, especially since it is such a small portion of the world. I do think we need more of a global approach to issues, however, with, of course, an attention to maintaining national sovereignty. We need a stronger international body, for maintaining peace and promoting equality and higher standards of living for all people, in all countries. As long as the nation is more important than the world, the nations will continue to fight for their own interests, rather than what is mutually beneficial.

    Tell me what you think, I'd like to read whatever that would happen to be.
    First time I have seen you take a calm approach toward a political arguement. So I will be calm lol.

    1)This is what Obama has been focusing on in his campaign. I really think that if he never linked McCain to Bush, than McCain would be winning the race right now. If your so concerned on who McCain is similar to, than Obama's association becomes more important, does it not? Why did you say that you don't care who he is associated with on other posts? Stressing one person's association than the other shows a bias. I am not accusing you of being biased, just look at it from another view. Association is important because it can show a weaknesses and threat that each candidate is capable of.

    2)Thoughtful is good, flexibility can be a bad thing. Too flexible and you will accept anything just to look good to the public. Sometimes you have to do what you think is right even if you know people will hate you for it. Felixability shows that he will go with the crowd regardless what he feels is right. It's just an observation. Reminds me of Hillary Clinton during her campaign.

    3)This is why I argue with you, OG. You like the way Obama has handled his campaign trail. It has been impressive, I'll give you that. Who thought he would come this far? But what strikes me is what he has done and who he has been with before the campaign trail. He has a history that would make anyone else look like a snake trying to get into office. Check out his history, you might be surprised.

    4) And you turned the last paragraph from the banks of America to the arguement about the Middle East. Talk about the financial situation with both candidates. That's why I made this thread. I'm just tired of going off topic.

    What do you think about the videos, OG?

  6. #6
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Financially, McCain is not the answer

    John McCain wants to give oil companies tax breaks, but he doesn't want to give middle class people any tax breaks.

    John McCain wants to give taxbreaks to companies that hire people overseas. His taxbreak will cause 600,000 American jobs to be lost.

    John McCain wants to cut taxes for the rich.
    That means that the middle class and working class will have to keep paying taxes for the war in Iraq.

    John McCain has voted against funding education.

    John McCain wants a 3.6 trillion dollar tax increase on health benefits.

    John McCain voted against increasing homeland security.

    John McCain was quoted saying, "No one has supported President Bush on Iraq more than I have."

    McCain's economic advisor supports deregulation, and he even said that the state of the U.S. economy is a "mental recession" and that Americans are a "nation of whiners."

    McCain's senior advisor, Charlie Black helped Russian, Chinese, and Libyan oil companies get control over the U.S. oil market.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    John McCain works with Bill Kristol, John Bolten, and Robert Kagan(neoconservatives).

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    George Bush's administration had neoconservatives.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Neoconservatives helped push for the war in Iraq.

    Neoconservatives want to start a war in Iran.



    John McCain made a joke about bombing Iran.



    I know. John McCain is innocent. His record is clean. He's the best candidate for President.
    Last edited by abcd; Oct 05, 2008 at 22:12.

  7. #7
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    John McCain wants to give oil companies tax breaks, but he doesn't want to give middle class people any tax breaks.

    John McCain wants to give taxbreaks to companies that hire people overseas. His taxbreak will cause 600,000 American jobs to be lost.

    John McCain wants to cut taxes for the rich.
    That means that the middle class and working class will have to keep paying taxes for the war in Iraq.

    John McCain has voted against funding education.

    John McCain wants a 3.6 trillion dollar tax increase on health benefits.

    John McCain voted against increasing homeland security.

    John McCain was quoted saying, "No one has supported President Bush on Iraq more than I have."

    McCain's economic advisor supports deregulation, and he even said that the state of the U.S. economy is a "mental recession" and that Americans are a "nation of whiners."

    McCain's senior advisor, Charlie Black helped Russian, Chinese, and Libyan oil companies get control over the U.S. oil market.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    John McCain works with Bill Kristol, John Bolten, and Robert Kagan(neoconservatives).

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    George Bush's administration had neoconservatives.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Neoconservatives helped push for the war in Iraq.

    Neoconservatives want to start a war in Iran.



    John McCain made a joke about bombing Iran.



    I know. John McCain is innocent. His record is clean. He's the best candidate for President.
    I love how we collectively gang rape Paul about all his misinformation.

  8. #8
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    I love how we collectively gang rape Paul about all his misinformation.
    lol Paul doesn't even know who McCain is. He basically supports McCain because of the party he's in and nothing else. How sad.

  9. #9
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    I love how we collectively gang rape Paul about all his misinformation.
    I love how you have no clue what your talking about. I don't give you misinformation, Turner. I told you I don't falsley accuse people. Stop with your accusations. I want to know McCain's dirt. I can then compare the two candidates.

  10. #10
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    lol Paul doesn't even know who McCain is. He basically supports McCain because of the party he's in and nothing else. How sad.
    And you don't know who Obama is. At all.

  11. #11
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    I love how you have no clue what your talking about. I don't give you misinformation, Turner. I told you I don't falsley accuse people. Stop with your accusations. I want to know McCain's dirt. I can then compare the two candidates.
    You constantly say Barack and Ayers are buds when there is NO evidence that they are, the only thing linking them is the fact that they lived in the same neighborhood and that they were on a council together. Whoop dee do.

    Honestly, The Weather Underground was good. Its called freedom fighting. They were real patriots, fighting the system trying to restore the real America. Not very different from revolutionaries during the American Revolution goal wise.

  12. #12
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Obama has a history of Radicalism...BELiEVE IT Already!

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    You constantly say Barack and Ayers are buds when there is NO evidence that they are, the only thing linking them is the fact that they lived in the same neighborhood and that they were on a council together. Whoop dee do.

    Honestly, The Weather Underground was good. Its called freedom fighting. They were real patriots, fighting the system trying to restore the real America. Not very different from revolutionaries during the American Revolution goal wise.

    Dude... YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW MUCH HIM AND OTHER RADICALS ARE CONNECTED. OBAMA LIES AND I WILL PROVE THIS TO YOU ONCE AND FOR ALL.
    THE WEATHER UNDERGROUND WAS A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION THAT TARGETED TO BOMB THE PENTAGON AND OTHER GOVERNMENT STRUCTURES. (AND YOU SAY THEY WERE GOOD.) WOW

    DO YOUR RESEARCH.

    This is a one hour show broken down into 6 videos. Each one is a couple minutes long. Watch ALL of them.
    These videos will blow everything you said right out. Watch this report and then tell me if you agree with what you just posted to me.













  13. #13
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Once again you prove your ignorance. I can feel however I want to feel. If I believe the Weather Underground was good, then that is my right. Just because you see something one way doesn't necesarily making it ****ing so. Jesus christ dude, grow up. This world is a million shades of gray and all you see are your black and white. Bout time you left your little shelter and actually see the world for what it is. Subjective. Ever changing and fully interpretable into a million different mindsets...

    And yes bombing the Pentagon and such are good...I believe in LESS government, thus, I support the elimination of government. You can call it terrorism, but don't forget the American revolutionaries are terrorists by that definition as well.

  14. #14
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Once again you prove your ignorance. I can feel however I want to feel. If I believe the Weather Underground was good, then that is my right. Just because you see something one way doesn't necesarily making it ****ing so. Jesus christ dude, grow up. This world is a million shades of gray and all you see are your black and white. Bout time you left your little shelter and actually see the world for what it is. Subjective. Ever changing and fully interpretable into a million different mindsets...

    And yes bombing the Pentagon and such are good...I believe in LESS government, thus, I support the elimination of government. You can call it terrorism, but don't forget the American revolutionaries are terrorists by that definition as well.
    Funny how you completely avoided the issue with Obama and his history of being associated with Radical people and groups. And you didn't even mention one of the six videos that proved my point.

    I was just sruprised that you saw a Terrorist organtization as good. I didn't think it would come to this point, but it has. You support killing more innocent people which is INTENTIONAL MURDER. That is the difference betwen the Weather Underground and our troops as Obama said "bombing and raiding innocent villages." Innocents die in war by accident, and some soldiers do it on purpose due to the emotional experience of war. The Weather Underground wanted to use violence and murder to have it their way. OGknicfan accuses me all the time for being a murderer in supporting the Iraq war.
    Do you think it makes more sense to support the Iraq War or a Terrorist Organization that pruposely kills innocents to make a statement?

    Your shade of gray is very dark, but I guess that is just my opinion.

  15. #15
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Funny how you completely avoided the issue with Obama and his history of being associated with Radical people and groups. And you didn't even mention one of the six videos that proved my point.

    I was just sruprised that you saw a Terrorist organtization as good. I didn't think it would come to this point, but it has. You support killing more innocent people which is INTENTIONAL MURDER. That is the difference betwen the Weather Underground and our troops as Obama said "bombing and raiding innocent villages." Innocents die in war by accident, and some soldiers do it on purpose due to the emotional experience of war. The Weather Underground wanted to use violence and murder to have it their way. OGknicfan accuses me all the time for being a murderer in supporting the Iraq war.
    Do you think it makes more sense to support the Iraq War or a Terrorist Organization that pruposely kills innocents to make a statement?

    Your shade of gray is very dark, but I guess that is just my opinion.
    Who has killed more innocent people?

    Iraq War or WU?

    Easily Iraq war...

Similar Threads

  1. Explaining Evolution And Why GOD is NOT LIKELY
    By KnicksFan4Realz in forum Hangout
    Replies: 296
    Last Post: Jan 23, 2013, 16:16
  2. Obama or Mccain and why?
    By Paul1355 in forum Hangout
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: Mar 16, 2010, 14:39
  3. Any body watch Obama on the O'Relly Factor
    By Paul1355 in forum Hangout
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 01, 2008, 11:01
  4. McCain vs Obama
    By metrocard in forum Hangout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Aug 13, 2008, 19:12
  5. Is Zack Randolph the answer?
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: Aug 11, 2007, 09:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •