Day 2 Practice

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
I had the chance to go to both practices today (Wed)?.my random thoughts (for what they are worth)
*Nate looks great?he certainly seems like he will flourish in this system?what an athlete!!! One Nate story from today?at one point of practice he was trying to tell Houston a joke?Houston told him to be quiet and pay attention to the coaches?Nate then went out and hit a 3pt, got a steal, and made the hoop?another reason to keep Houston!!!!!
*Marbury was clearly the best player on the floor?I was shocked at how obvious this seemed?I guess I always knew this fact, but seeing it live today was eye-opening?but then again so was Marbury?s whole day?.for most of the day he sat alone, and didn?t talk to anyone. It seems that Jerome James is the one guy who he has a real relationship with?.Marbury sat out the last 30 minutes of the 5 on 5 at practice because his Starbury tore apart (plenty of people made fun of him for that) and he apparently didn?t like the other pair of shoes the equipment guy brought him?it was quite a scene?funny and sickening at the same time?for all his dominance on the court?I still left convinced that he has to go?but I also think he is going to have a monster year for someone.
*Jeffries looked very good?I think he fits this system well and he looks to be slotted in to the rotation
*James worked pretty hard?seems like a funny guy?at one point he went down the lane to throw one down?instead he got stuffed by the rim?.it was a riot?even Marbury was doubled over laughing.
*Ewing was the first guy shooting and the last guy off the court?one great finish in transition?looked a little confused in the offense?but they have to keep him.
*Lee, Q-Rich, Craw?.all worked hard and looked solid
*Can?t help but be impressed by Rose?s professionalism?
*Duhon struggled?hope it iis the learning curve
*watched Gallo hit a number of 3s after practice?very smooth
*I thought Mardy looked good..strong?one tremendous finish in the lane
*Would have liked to see more from Chandler
*Houston is an incredible shooter?he was doing a shooting drill with Roberson and Marbury?there were two balls and people would shoot until they missed and then rotated?Houston barely missed?at one point he must have made 12-15 in a row?.in the 5 on 5 he made a couple nice hoops?one of his 3s had Q yelling ?H2O for threeeeeeeeeeeeee??didn?t notice him too much on D?which is good
*loved D?Antoni?s style?he was laidback, yet direct?and seemed funny (people were laughing at what he said in the huddle)?.great to watch him?
Well?just my random thoughts for the day?it was a blast?this team might not win a lot of games?but Knicks? fans should feel confident that this organization is going in the right direction.

Paul1355

All Star
I had the chance to go to both practices today (Wed)….my random thoughts (for what they are worth)
*Nate looks great…he certainly seems like he will flourish in this system…what an athlete!!! One Nate story from today…at one point of practice he was trying to tell Houston a joke…Houston told him to be quiet and pay attention to the coaches…Nate then went out and hit a 3pt, got a steal, and made the hoop…another reason to keep Houston!!!!!
*Marbury was clearly the best player on the floor…I was shocked at how obvious this seemed…I guess I always knew this fact, but seeing it live today was eye-opening…but then again so was Marbury’s whole day….for most of the day he sat alone, and didn’t talk to anyone. It seems that Jerome James is the one guy who he has a real relationship with….Marbury sat out the last 30 minutes of the 5 on 5 at practice because his Starbury tore apart (plenty of people made fun of him for that) and he apparently didn’t like the other pair of shoes the equipment guy brought him…it was quite a scene…funny and sickening at the same time…for all his dominance on the court…I still left convinced that he has to go…but I also think he is going to have a monster year for someone.
*Jeffries looked very good…I think he fits this system well and he looks to be slotted in to the rotation
*James worked pretty hard…seems like a funny guy…at one point he went down the lane to throw one down…instead he got stuffed by the rim….it was a riot…even Marbury was doubled over laughing.
*Ewing was the first guy shooting and the last guy off the court…one great finish in transition…looked a little confused in the offense…but they have to keep him.
*Lee, Q-Rich, Craw….all worked hard and looked solid
*Can’t help but be impressed by Rose’s professionalism…
*Duhon struggled…hope it iis the learning curve
*watched Gallo hit a number of 3s after practice…very smooth
*I thought Mardy looked good..strong…one tremendous finish in the lane
*Would have liked to see more from Chandler
*Houston is an incredible shooter…he was doing a shooting drill with Roberson and Marbury…there were two balls and people would shoot until they missed and then rotated…Houston barely missed…at one point he must have made 12-15 in a row….in the 5 on 5 he made a couple nice hoops…one of his 3s had Q yelling “H2O for threeeeeeeeeeeeee”…didn’t notice him too much on D…which is good
*loved D’Antoni’s style…he was laidback, yet direct…and seemed funny (people were laughing at what he said in the huddle)….great to watch him…
Well…just my random thoughts for the day…it was a blast…this team might not win a lot of games…but Knicks’ fans should feel confident that this organization is going in the right direction.

Good thread Ewing, finally a 1st person perspective on the practices. wish I could go to one of those practices....when are they? and Do they cost anything or are they free for the public?

Anyways I want to know if Jerome James looked like he could take the style. If he is in shape he can be an okay backup for Curry or whoever plays Center.
Sounds like Houston is really taking a leader type of role, I admire that, it's a good sign. He should stay just because of his attitude towards the game. He is serious and can teach young guys like Nate to shut up when they should. And his lights out shooting is impressing me everyday.

Not good about Duhon. This guy has to fit in this style as quick as he can. He will get big minutes at PG. He has to take advantage of these practices the most.

Is Gallo looking like his back is still bothering him? I heard that his back injury could be a lie so that the pressure isn't as heavy on him. With a long back injury people don't expect a person to be good right away. Just want to know how he looked health wise.

Ewing Jr. will stay just because of the PR move and the fact that he is a huge guy with great leaping ability. Could be a solid energy player off the bench, like a Balkman type of role.

Good stuff Ewing...can you answer most of my questions after what you saw at camp?

im upstate

where would i go about getting a practice schedule? open to the public?

i got a day off on friday and would definitely like to check ish out

info please?

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
The practices are not open to the public...I got lucky...friends in high places...

Jerome James...looked much better than I thought....hard to compare without Curry there...I don't think he will be the answer...

Gallo didn't practice at all...he rode the bike, stretched, sat on some big ball, and did push-ups....he was shooting with a coach after practice....great stroke...but seems like he is a ways away...

I agree about Ewing...

they had 17 at practice today (Curry would make 18)...Grunfeld is the obvious cut...the other two...no idea....

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
Great job ewing33 that was very interesting. Glad to see that everything looks well. I hope the knicks keep marbury houston and ewing I hope.

Paul1355

All Star
The practices are not open to the public...I got lucky...friends in high places...

Jerome James...looked much better than I thought....hard to compare without Curry there...I don't think he will be the answer...

Gallo didn't practice at all...he rode the bike, stretched, sat on some big ball, and did push-ups....he was shooting with a coach after practice....great stroke...but seems like he is a ways away...

I agree about Ewing...

they had 17 at practice today (Curry would make 18)...Grunfeld is the obvious cut...the other two...no idea....

How about Zach Randolph? Some people saying that he looks good and others say he is still lugging around.

What did you see out of him?

Trin_Starr

Starter

I agree about Ewing...

http://ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=28305
I hope you didn't copy/paste other people's writing as your own.

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
I am on Ultimate too...I put it a couple places...I wanted to get some good conversations started...didn't think that was a bad thing...honestly, those sites get a lot more reactions.
But thanks for keeping me honest...I was there and it was a blast...
and I would be glad to talk more about it...

Go Knicks

Trin_Starr

Starter
I am on Ultimate too...I put it a couple places...I wanted to get some good conversations started...didn't think that was a bad thing...honestly, those sites get a lot more reactions.
But thanks for keeping me honest...I was there and it was a blast...
and I would be glad to talk more about it...

Go Knicks

Just checkin ;)

Great stuff by the way!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Ewing33 - Can you go more in depth about zach randolph? I think theres been way to much marbury hatred on here lately, lets talk about something else for a change. If Zach really is in good shape then he deserves some spotlight no homo.

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
I was impressed with Randolph...he played ok the day I saw him...clearly this pace will take him a little longer than others. But, it was more his competitiveness that struck me...he busted his ass and was seemingly very focused. Seems like he really got along with people on the team as well...I think he will have a good enough few months that they will then be able to trade him either this season or over the summer.

riga89

Rookie
What's up knicksonline???? I'm new to the forum and have some interesting comments and thoughts to add.

What is the EXACT address of the knicks training facility in Greenburgh, NY. I live close by and want to attend some practices. Thanks in advnce.