• Poll closed .

portega1968

El Cacique
Who will it be folks?

Will it be the Coney Island kid?

How about any of the fatties upfront?

H14, Patjr., Roberson?

Maybe even Mardy, Jeffries, Rose?

Fact is, there WILL be two that will be cut, so place your bets now!!!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Allan should probably beat out Robertson just on legacy alone! I hear Ewing is not impressing Mike too much.

Robertson and Houston will have the same sort of role with the team and even with four seasons off for H20 they are probable equal skill wise or even if Robertson is just a little better I just don't see him making the team over Allan

Sorry Pat Jr. legacy just doesnt work for you like H20. Ewing is another Balkman, which is great for a lot of teams but Donnie and Mike decided to move Balkman for a reason and it wouldnt make sense to take him after letting a more established player go this summer....even if his father is the Greatest Knick ever

Paul1355

All Star
Collins is almost a definite. Didn't impress anyone in summer leauge with his 36% shooting. People want his offense to improve, and it clearly hasn't. For Mardy to stay he has to be a Duhon on defense and get better at passing. If he can't show that in these practices, he is either gone or won't play.

James is an embarissment. Even thought he is finally running around in practices. Becuase Jeffries is out for 2 months, James becomes more of a need. But he was a need last year and only played 2 minutes. He cost too much money for the little value he still has left. He can't run and won't last a minute in Mike D's run and gun style of play.

I'm guessing Collins and James if they had to cut two guys.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
Collins is almost a definite. Didn't impress anyone in summer leauge with his 36% shooting. People want his offense to improve, and it clearly hasn't. For Mardy to stay he has to be a Duhon on defense and get better at passing. If he can't show that in these practices, he is either gone or won't play.

James is an embarissment. Even thought he is finally running around in practices. Becuase Jeffries is out for 2 months, James becomes more of a need. But he was a need last year and only played 2 minutes. He cost too much money for the little value he still has left. He can't run and won't last a minute in Mike D's run and gun style of play.

I'm guessing Collins and James if they had to cut two guys.

I agree with u those r my 2 guys i see getting cut. I dont see Houston getting cut for his leadership and that youtube clip of him, I also dont see ewing getting cut or marbury cuz of what kind a shape hes in. Collins has no point of being on the roster with already they have 2 many guards that r just better than him. And Jerome James is Jerome James, if its not 1 of them I see the knicks dumping Roberson

portega1968

El Cacique
There are pros and cons to all of these guys:

Marbury
Pros: best talent on team PERIOD
Cons: Starbury wars; team chemistry

Roberson
Pro: deadly shooter that may shine in coach's system
Con: too many guards ahead of him on the food chain

Rose
Pros: Veteran leadership
Cons: not the most productive for many minutes

James
Pros: if healthy and focused, may be needed up front desperately
Cons: true focus in life has been MCDonald's Happy Meals

Ewing Jr.
Pros: nostalgia, potential at the 3spot
Cons: way down on the food chain

Collins
Pros: Big guard who can defend, maybe even better than Duhon
Cons: he's been God-awful for too long

Houston
Pros: Veteran leadership, nostalgia and best shooter on team
Cons: last time we saw him play, Saddam Hussein was still a free man

There are pros and cons for the rest of the team, but I doubt any one them, for good or bad reasons, is on the potential cut list (except for Grunfeld who's the guaranteed 3rd cut)

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
well my votes were for roberson and rose, roberson was summer league star. yes, but in my opinion he was kind of a "knee jerk reaction" to sign to the team. the truth is he wont be a "help" to the team, just another occupied spot on the bench. As far as rose is concerned, yeah the guy is the veteran of the group, and a "locker room guy" but when he plays its only for a few minutes, he undersized, and not a real offensive threat, no im not saying that james is but so far james has shown up for practice and D'antoni is actually a bit surprised. Our predicted starting center, curry, claims he is sick, and hasnt shown his face at training camp yet.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
rose and james are a waste of money and they can't do shit, i hope they get cut.

Roberson is good i was really impressed in summer league, but i was still surprised when i found out they signed him

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
new york new york I agree Patrick was a great player. To claim he was the greatest knickever means you never saw Clyde play.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
zif i see edy cury walk on strett down Broadway i will make sure he is one who gets cut i will cut legs of him off with machetty knife

portega1968

El Cacique
Seems like Allan may not stay on the roster. His stroke is still sweet, but it's hard to give him a spot and deny a chance to one of the younger guys during this rebuilding effort.

Since he does have value when it comes to being a positive influence on the younger guys, then it makes it likely that Knicks will choose to keep him around on the staff instead of giving him a spot in the rotation.

It also seems Malik, James and Roberson may be kept, whereas Pat Jr. may not stick around.

So it may come down to Houston and Ewing.

On the ther hand, I heard Knicks were looking to outright buy a D-League team to play in Harlem. Would that allow us to send Pat Jr. and Roberson down there to get some burn while we keep everyone else?

GetRealistic

Starter
Seems like Allan may not stay on the roster. His stroke is still sweet, but it's hard to give him a spot and deny a chance to one of the younger guys during this rebuilding effort.

Since he does have value when it comes to being a positive influence on the younger guys, then it makes it likely that Knicks will choose to keep him around on the staff instead of giving him a spot in the rotation.

It also seems Malik, James and Roberson may be kept, whereas Pat Jr. may not stick around.

So it may come down to Houston and Ewing.

On the ther hand, I heard Knicks were looking to outright buy a D-League team to play in Harlem. Would that allow us to send Pat Jr. and Roberson down there to get some burn while we keep everyone else?

No unfortunately the whole idea of the D league is stupid. Instead of it being an actual minor league system it really isn't. If we wanted Roberson and Ewing Jr to play in the D league under the Knicks affliation they would both have to be under contract and on our active roster.

So to have Roberson and Ewing on the roster somebody would have to be cut. I'd bet Malik will be on the roster but it seems like they may finally release James not to mention i'm still not sold Marbury will be on the opening day roster.

The D league is a joke though, each team should have like a 3 player exception that they can use. They can have a player under there control but it doesn't effect their active NBA roster. You can make it where the Players are then guaranteeded to stay in the D League till atleast January or something. Makes no sense to me, they say the NBA has a minor league but it truely doesnt.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I'd say James and Rose are the ones to go, but Roberson and/or Ewing Jr. wouldn't be a surprise either.

Now what's the deal with the Knicks having a D-League team? I heard they might send Gallinari down.

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
Not Roberson

I don't think Roberson is going to go. Shooters are key in D'Antoni's system. They wouldn't have signed him if not to make him at least #15 on the roster. James serves no purpose even if 100% healthy so he is gone. I'm betting the odd man out at guard, if Marbury doesn't get traded or dropped because his teammates hate him, is Mardy Collins. He's too slow and cannot shoot. I think if anyone saw anything in him the Knicks would have moved him like they moved Balkman.