Knicks vs. Celtics

WiL8000

Rotation player
I'm really looking foward to this game. I'm watching it over my friends crib who is a hardcore Celtics fan. I was hoping Vin would be playing by now so I could rub it in. Anyway they need to win this one with the Celtics being just a game behind. Anyone else have thoughts on this game?

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
The Celtics are coming off a win over the Wolves so they have to be felling pretty confident. The is definately a winnable game for the Knicks. Mohammed, KT and Sweetney need to keep Blount off the glass for rebounds and easy basket. Shandon, Penny and TT will have to continue their great defensive play on Pierce. And we will come away with the W!!!

jayp

Benchwarmer
i agree.. we should control the boards and keep pierce on leash.. they have a lot of 3pt shooters so we should look out for them..

WiL8000

Rotation player
Since the Celtics added Chucky as point guard, their team has improved dramatically. Atkins can't play to the level of Marbury. Pierce didn't shoot well against the TWolves, hopefully he plays the same way against the Knicks. The Knicks have taken the Celtics in the two previous games this season.

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
All we need to do is shut down The Truth and we'll win this one without question. Ricky Davis can't win this ball game for the Celtics and I can see Nazr grabbing uncontended rebounds. :gony:

WiL8000

Rotation player
Hell yea, I think we have this one. I can see Houston having a big game too from the perimeter.

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
I can't see Houston having a big game... I can see our W, but Houston still recovering from injury, and Ricky Davis will play some defense.

AJD

Benchwarmer
Only The Knicks said:
I can't see Houston having a big game... I can see our W, but Houston still recovering from injury, and Ricky Davis will play some defense.
No way. Houston will have at least 16 pts and ricky is a TERRIBLE defender. We will win by 8.

89-81.
:gony:

WiL8000

Rotation player
All Houston needs are open shots, Marbury will draw the defense and dish it out. Once they figure that out, Marbury will take over scoring. Not to metion all the other offensive tools the Knicks have to score with.... Look for Kurt Thomas to shake off the last few games and play well.

e_D

Benchwarmer
WiL8000 said:
All Houston needs are open shots, Marbury will draw the defense and dish it out. Once they figure that out, Marbury will take over scoring.

Wow man. That fact just dawned on me. Keeping that in mind, and knowing that Nazrs becoming a beast, Sweets is steppin up, TT's fitting in.. Any average defensive team will need 6 men on the floor to guard any of our five. I'm psyched!

jayp

Benchwarmer
we have a perfect blend of guys who can create(Steph, TT), shoot(h2O, TT), rebound(KT, Sweet, Nazr) and defend(almost all are decent)

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
Houston is still recovering from an injury in case you forgot. The quickness of Marbury has always been more than Houston's and now more then ever! Yeah, Houston may have played well so far from coming back, but it's too early to tell. Houston may never totally recover from this injury... This is his knee guys, something that has been bothering him for a while now. Plus, you guys now how Ricky Davis plays... ROUGH! He is a slacker and loves to see his stats when they're good, but he's an a*shole too. So he will use his speed as an advantage, not to mention even doing something to aggravate H20's knee.

WiL8000

Rotation player
Please, Houston will be fine. Sure he isn't the player he once was, but like I said, all the man needs is an open shot. On defense the Knicks will have to compensate for Houston on Davis. Davis likes to drive to the net, Nazr and K.Thomas are going to have to maintain a defensive presence below the net. The player the Knicks shoud be worried about stopping is Pierce.

jayp

Benchwarmer
we're down 46-39 at halftime. pierce and davis are scoring points as well as chucky atkins.. we're turning over the ball (8 turnovers) and we're not shooting well (39%).. we're still in this game though :)

WiL8000

Rotation player
Rough night, it was close the Knicks could have had it. Marbury just missed that shot, it was a good game, literally at the edge of my seat the 4th quarter.

jayp

Benchwarmer
the game could have gone either way.. KT had a bad game although he had 6ast.. Steph didnt shoot the ball well and could have won it with that las jumper.. we're still good, we're tied with BOS now.. it ok, we cans still distance ourselves with the next few games..

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
allan20 said:
we just can't be glad for a few wins in a row, that another loss comes :(

Very true!! Hopefully this win will make them realize how easy it would it is for them to get kicked out of the playoff race and motivate them!

WiL8000

Rotation player
It really sucks that the Knicks ended up losing this one. On a positive note, Sweetney had another good game, and Houston was looking good. My favorite play in this game was a face-off between Houston and Davis. Davis really pressed some hard defense on Houston. Houston wasn't going to pass the ball though, he got pissed off and took it right to Davis and made the shot. I also wouldn't have minded seeing Dermarr play.