Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Vice Presidential Debate...opinions

  1. #1
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Vice Presidential Debate...opinions

    I will have videos of the debate itself and opinions from different news sources and political analyst.

    FULL DEBATE




    THIS IS A VIDEO OF FOX,CNN,AND MSNBC GIVING THEIR OPINION.



    BBC NEWS GAVE THEIR OPINION ON THE DEBATE.



    Karl Rove found 10 lies that Biden said at the debate. Biden is factually wrong on 10. And 6 can be argued about. Everyone should watch this!



    One of the big lies Biden said regarding Obama meeting leaders without pre-conditions.



    Opinions on the debate and the additional videos??????

    Please all observations here!

  2. #2
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I thought Joe Biden won the debate, because he made sense, and he answered most of the questions accurately.
    51% of people, according to a recent poll, thought Joe Biden won the debate. Only 36% thought Palin won.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Sarah Palin's problem is that she lacks historical knowledge and she lacks communication skills. She didn't make a fool of herself, but she still did a poor job of answering her questions without changing the subject or including the word "maverick", "joe sixpack", "hockey mom", or "soccer mom" in her response. She also contradicted herself on a few questions.

    ex 1
    She said that the U.S. should stay in Iraq until they show that they can govern themselves. How can a country govern itself, if another country is attacking it and taking over its government?

    ex 2
    She also said that she supports oil drilling, but then she said that she supports the use of alternative fuels.

  3. #3
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    I thought Joe Biden won the debate, because he made sense, and he answered most of the questions accurately.
    51% of people, according to a recent poll, thought Joe Biden won the debate. Only 36% thought Palin won.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Sarah Palin's problem is that she lacks historical knowledge and she lacks communication skills. She didn't make a fool of herself, but she still did a poor job of answering her questions without changing the subject or including the word "maverick", "joe sixpack", "hockey mom", or "soccer mom" in her response. She also contradicted herself on a few questions.

    ex 1
    She said that the U.S. should stay in Iraq until they show that they can govern themselves. How can a country govern itself, if another country is attacking it and taking over its government?

    ex 2
    She also said that she supports oil drilling, but then she said that she supports the use of alternative fuels.
    Ill just answer your examples real quick and then I want to ask you something.

    ex1: I don't understand what is wrong with this plan. We have to stay there until the dust settles and they can govern themselves with their own people. If we followed Barack and Biden's plan we would have left them and they would have conformed to a radical government in revenge. It's obvious, this is why I never supported the quick withdrawal of troops. Because there would be greater consequences. At least we can guide them to show them democracy from our view point. Anything is better than Tyranny under a guy like Saddam. And anything is better than a war torn country trying to re group pracefully on their own with out a guide. The odds of them returning to be a peaceful nation on their own is a 10000 to 1 chance. This is why we must stay and leave when it is a neccessary.

    ex2:Her and McCain support everything. I keep saying this.


    You pointed out what Palin did wrong. But did you look a Biden lying 10 times about factual information? And another 6 things he lied about are arguable.

    Check out my last two videos. I think Biden turned out worse in the end because he lied so many times. And Palin said during the debate that after the American people will see the truth to what they are saying. Now we know Biden lied 10 times that is fact. Did Palin really do worse?

    I want your take on Biden.

  4. #4
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Ill just answer your examples real quick and then I want to ask you something.

    ex1: I don't understand what is wrong with this plan. We have to stay there until the dust settles and they can govern themselves with their own people. If we followed Barack and Biden's plan we would have left them and they would have conformed to a radical government in revenge. It's obvious, this is why I never supported the quick withdrawal of troops. Because there would be greater consequences. At least we can guide them to show them democracy from our view point. Anything is better than Tyranny under a guy like Saddam. And anything is better than a war torn country trying to re group pracefully on their own with out a guide. The odds of them returning to be a peaceful nation on their own is a 10000 to 1 chance. This is why we must stay and leave when it is a neccessary.

    ex2:Her and McCain support everything. I keep saying this.


    You pointed out what Palin did wrong. But did you look a Biden lying 10 times about factual information? And another 6 things he lied about are arguable.

    Check out my last two videos. I think Biden turned out worse in the end because he lied so many times. And Palin said during the debate that after the American people will see the truth to what they are saying. Now we know Biden lied 10 times that is fact. Did Palin really do worse?

    I want your take on Biden.

    Do you know what the Iraqi people want? Obviously not. They went over there and interviewed people on the streets on like 60 minutes or 20/20 or something, and they said life was better before we invaded. Life with Saddam was better.

  5. #5
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Do you know what the Iraqi people want? Obviously not. They went over there and interviewed people on the streets on like 60 minutes or 20/20 or something, and they said life was better before we invaded. Life with Saddam was better.
    He tortured innocent people and invited his sons to see the tortures taken place. He has views of Hitler and saw Hitler as an influence to be a leader. Saddam read Mein Kampf, if you don't know, that is Hitler's diary with his crazy beliefs. He killed 1 million of his own people and committed genocide. People lived in fear and terror under Saddam. Here is my proof.



    Watch this video and then tell me what you think of Saddam and people living "better" under his reign.


  6. #6
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    He tortured innocent people and invited his sons to see the tortures taken place. He has views of Hitler and saw Hitler as an influence to be a leader. Saddam read Mein Kampf, if you don't know, that is Hitler's diary with his crazy beliefs. He killed 1 million of his own people and committed genocide. People lived in fear and terror under Saddam. Here is my proof.



    Watch this video and then tell me what you think of Saddam and people living "better" under his reign.

    So it is worth over 4k American lives to give the Iraqi people something they didn't want?

  7. #7
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Saddam read Mein Kampf, if you don't know, that is Hitler's diary with his crazy beliefs.
    Just shut up. You're an idiot. Not ignorant, but just plain stupid. Mein Kampf is Hitler's autobiography, not his diary. And so what if he read it? It is good to see all sides, even Hitlers side. That is what the past is for, we learn about it so we understand it and don't repeat the same mistake. Your argument is idiotic and not even close to valid.

  8. #8
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Just shut up. You're an idiot. Not ignorant, but just plain stupid. Mein Kampf is Hitler's autobiography, not his diary. And so what if he read it? It is good to see all sides, even Hitlers side. That is what the past is for, we learn about it so we understand it and don't repeat the same mistake. Your argument is idiotic and not even close to valid.
    Autobiography written by himself, not a diary, whatever. Saddam read it and saw it as an INFLUENCE. I don't care that he read it, Turner. I care that he used Hitler's ways and accepted his ideology in his own reign and agreed with someone who exterminated 11 million peope with Genocide. Unless you agree with Hitler's views, which I hope you don't, then this was a big problem with Saddam. And guess what, Saddam committed genocide himself killing over 1 million people, now were would he get that idea from???

    I love this Turner. What I bolded is exactly why i support John McCain. If you consider Iraq a mistake, then to win, we can't just back out like we did in Vietnam. I am not saying that I supported going in to Vietnam, I didn't. I am comparing the MISTAKE we made in just leaving Vietnam. The world saw us go in there, fight, die, and lose. If we stay until the goverment and it's people are somewhat stable, then we can leave and we can say that we won this war.

    By saying the point of why we teach history to not make the same mistake, then you should support the way John McCain is approaching the Iraq situation. If not, then you contradict what you told me.

  9. #9
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Autobiography written by himself, not a diary, whatever. Saddam read it and saw it as an INFLUENCE. I don't care that he read it, Turner. I care that he used Hitler's ways and accepted his ideology in his own reign and agreed with someone who exterminated 11 million peope with Genocide. Unless you agree with Hitler's views, which I hope you don't, then this was a big problem with Saddam. And guess what, Saddam committed genocide himself killing over 1 million people, now were would he get that idea from???

    I love this Turner. What I bolded is exactly why i support John McCain. If you consider Iraq a mistake, then to win, we can't just back out like we did in Vietnam. I am not saying that I supported going in to Vietnam, I didn't. I am comparing the MISTAKE we made in just leaving Vietnam. The world saw us go in there, fight, die, and lose. If we stay until the goverment and it's people are somewhat stable, then we can leave and we can say that we won this war.

    By saying the point of why we teach history to not make the same mistake, then you should support the way John McCain is approaching the Iraq situation. If not, then you contradict what you told me.

    You can't "win" in Iraq. What is there to win?

    I believe that it isn't worth the lives of a single american soldier, thus we should leave now so no more soldiers have to die for no reason.

  10. #10
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    You can't "win" in Iraq. What is there to win?

    I believe that it isn't worth the lives of a single american soldier, thus we should leave now so no more soldiers have to die for no reason.
    I see why you feel this way. I don't know if you felt that this war was lost before. Point is that that John McCain's appoach is better in the long run. Yes, if we moved out right this second more present lives would be saved. No arguement there. The reason why I argue you on this issue is because if we just leave then there is a higher risk of Iraq going back to the way it was. If we just leave, we risk another possible war. And more of our soldiers will die in Obama's long run. They would have no idea how other countries run a Democracy. They have lived in Tyranny, a horrible leader, have been through war with us and over a million have died, before and after we invaded. All of these past events can make anyone believe that if we just left, they would have revenge on our country. They would obviously be our enemy and ally with our enemies. Al-Queda and other terrorist organizations would come back into the land and use it's land with strongholds. It's not hard to realize how easy this can happen. Iraq has no stability. We are training a police force with the help of ou military. We have one of the best militaries in the world, so our troops teaching Iraqis how to handle criminals; this is a positive. Even if you feel we ruined Iraq, we are creating stability right now. If we stay there until it is somewhate stable, we can leave. And when I said possible "win" this war, I meant we can leave and not fear as much of an attack, alliance with enemies, complete unstabliity in their governemnt, and we don't have to say that we did all of this for absolutely nothing.

  11. #11
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    If we just leave, we risk another possible war. And more of our soldiers will die in Obama's long run.
    This is what I don't get. Why do we have to go back? **** em'. The job of the President is to do what is best for the American public, **** everyone else.

  12. #12
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    This is what I don't get. Why do we have to go back? **** em'. The job of the President is to do what is best for the American public, **** everyone else.
    I meant with the rise of Nuclear weapons being sold to Mid-Eastern countries, Iraq can possibly get one and be a threat in the future like we fear Iran right now.

  13. #13
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    I meant with the rise of Nuclear weapons being sold to Mid-Eastern countries, Iraq can possibly get one and be a threat in the future like we fear Iran right now.
    I doubt it. Iran isn't much of a threat to us now, nor will they be. We have highly advanced missile detection and prevention systems. Plus it'll be a long time before they have ICBMs.

  14. #14
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    I doubt it. Iran isn't much of a threat to us now, nor will they be. We have highly advanced missile detection and prevention systems. Plus it'll be a long time before they have ICBMs.

    Maybe not a threat to us but definitely to our allies such as Israel. And they have Nuclear facilities to make the weapon and have been trying to make one for some time.

  15. #15
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Maybe not a threat to us but definitely to our allies such as Israel. And they have Nuclear facilities to make the weapon and have been trying to make one for some time.

    Israel has nukes.

    But then again, I'll go to what I was saying before. **** them. Israel gives us NOTHING in return, and we give them 5 billion a year.

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody watch the Presidential Debate?
    By Paul1355 in forum Hangout
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: Oct 07, 2008, 08:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •