Knicks vs Craptors preseason Game Thread

Blas

Benchwarmer
I like the steals we had. In the past, as much as we turnover the ball, we have had issues causing them too. That was a nice stat for this team for a first preseason game.

Like in all sports that have them, turnovers are the best stat to determine if a team will win or loose.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
That was a good game to watch, but I'm disappointed that Marbury didn't get to start, and I'm disappointed that Wilson Chandler didn't get to start. Chris Duhon played like trash. Marbury did good, considering he played off the bench. Quentin Richardson played okay, but Chandler outshined him.

GetRealistic

Starter
I think the biggest and most important thing that happened last night was that David Lee showed he can hit a mid range jumpshot. If David Lee can consistantly hit a mid range jumpshot (like Kurt Thomas) he very well can become an allstar.

I'd give Duhon and even Marbury a pass on the turnovers. It was there first live game in this system. Neither player has ever played in an offense like this. I'll give Duhon till the end of preseason to truely grasp all the tiny aspects that make the system works. That being said if he turns the ball over 7 times a game in the regular season i'll be all over him. Side note Duhon did defend. Note to Marbury fans even if Duhon falls flat on his face D'Antoni will start Nate over Steph.

Nate played good. Only real bad thing to say about him is that he has to learn to fight through screens.

Zach hustled and did some good offensive things but his defense was as expected.

Chandler looked good but i have no problem with him coming off the bench for the early part of the season. Chandler is only 21 and he's going to get plenty of minutes so i have no problem with Q who by default is a team leader being in the starting lineup for the time being.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
Knicks lose to Raptors 113-111

i just wanted to know what everyone thought of the game last night. personally i was very pleased in the way they passed and they're defense was better. the only problem they had was there 3 and they're TO's.

Toons

is the Bo$$
That was a good game to watch, but I'm disappointed that Marbury didn't get to start, and I'm disappointed that Wilson Chandler didn't get to start. Chris Duhon played like trash. Marbury did good, considering he played off the bench. Quentin Richardson played okay, but Chandler outshined him.

how does marbury play good....and duhon play like trash? if u go on fg% they both sucked. duhon had 10 rebounds and 6 assists.....only had 2 more to's than marbs...

can you please objectively discuss these games, and hop off of stephs dick?

dude had 10 pts n 5 turnovers, and thats a good game???

If Duhon and Crawford are starters, we'll need much better efforts from both of them. I for one think both players are markedly better than they showed so I am optimistic.

I have resigned myself to the fact that Duhon will start. But we cannot have he and Crawford both playing poorly for long stretches. And Duhon is it. He has the cooties as Far as D'antoni is concerned. To make this easier for him, he has even stripped Steph of any pg duties, just so he would not have any shot of outshining him at the position. As long as Steph is not playing any pg, no one will play better on the team at the postion. Which is good for Duhon and the TEAM if this is the route they choose. I'm expecting him to avg a double double in points and assists this year.

The bigs played well, Zach still slow, but he'll be a problem in this offense. And Lee is going to have a break out year. If they can ever get anything from Curry and Gallo, this team will be very fun to watch.

Chandler will supplant Q if not this season, by next year. If Q misses any extended time this year with his back, that will be his last start. Chandler is ready to explode. Nate and Steph are gonna be tough off the bench because they will both be looking to go to the rack a lot.

Should be a fun year.. Finally. Knick fans deserve it.

I expect playoffs.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I think Steph, Duhon, and JC need work desparately. Nate seems the only one to get it. Steph and JC mainly penetrate to score. You gotta penetrate to throw the defense off.

Our would love to see our guards penetrate for the hell of it just confuse the D. Steve Nash does that all the time. Also if one penetrates near the basket you and work from there you get a different look of the offense and you get more options. Nash did this night in and night out.

WiL8000

Rotation player
It would've been nice for the Knicks to have won this game. I did see some positives though, so I'd like to remain optimistic.

Marbury looked alright, was able to get to the line, but everyone is a little rusty. Like some of you mentioned before, I saw some good chemistry between David Lee and Zach Randolph. Good start for Wilson Chandler as well, I too think he'll have a good season. Nate Robinson is going to thrive in this offense.

I hope that Duhon puts it together as the preseason goes on because he looked terrible last night. Crawford also looked pretty rusty.

Curry as we all know didn't play. It will be interesting to see him try to get himself into D'Antoni's system, though I believe he'll have trouble for a while because of his lack of conditioning.

All in all, I'm excited to see how this team pulls together in the preseason.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Overall it was a solid first game. Duhon has never been a good scorer and it showed last night. I think Lee and Z-Bo play extremely well together which should be a bright spot. Steph is still extremely talented and is prob the best player on the team but will have to bring that explosiveness off the bench unless Duhon is a complete waste of time and Steph gets his spot back. Nate is still good, Q lost a lot of weight and my have found his shot, Wilson reminds me of RJ so I'm excied about him, Crawford seemed hesitant to score in the first half and I always figured that this offense would benefit him the most since he is a quick shot taker.

I know it doesn't matter right now but I would like to see this team at full strength and see what Dantoni can do with them because there are a lot of good pieces here if coached correctly.

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
last night's game

It wasn't bad last night although at times it did resemble last year. I think a few things were shown. First, Zbo can play in this system. He can run the floor, has a nice inside game and will work to rebound the ball. He and Lee worked nicely together inside although interior defense will be an issue with both of them playing together. Curry is the odd guy out since he cannot run, can only dunk and doesn't work hard to defend or rebound. Jeffries, as D'Antoni has been saying, is a much better fit at the 4 or 5. We need athletes.

Second, Marbury, if he stays, should be coming off the bench. He'll never understand team play so he's better coming in just looking for points. He is a liability in every other respect, passing , rebounding and certainly defending. Duhon had a poor game but at least defended and rebounded admirably.

Finally, thank god for D'Antoni. This man can coach. The team will get better every day with him at the helm. This may actually turn out to be a good year. Go Knicks.

clumsy

Rotation player
Duhon last night showed why dude has been a career backup...he has terrible offensive awareness. Marbury was our best guard by far....

moneyg

Starter
Duhon last night showed why dude has been a career backup...he has terrible offensive awareness. Marbury was our best guard by far....
:update::update:
nate was our best guard by far....16pts no turnover 2 steals, 4 rebs 3 asst in 27 minutes.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Tell me about it. I knew Duhon sucked, from the minute Walsh signed him. I've watched Duhon play in Chicago and he sucked. I have no idea why Marbury can't start.

GetRealistic

Starter
Tell me about it. I knew Duhon sucked, from the minute Walsh signed him. I've watched Duhon play in Chicago and he sucked. I have no idea why Marbury can't start.

You don't? Have you not witnessed the last 4 years and the last three months of media reports that all say all the players hate Marbury?

Its one game fellas, not saying Duhon is the savior but the first preseason game and his first live action in this new offense. Its not like Marbury excelled he had 5 turnovers in less minutes. If Marbury played more minutes he woulda had 7 turnovers as well.

Its the PREseason notice the PRE part. Let Duhon atleast play 5 games before you rush to judgement on his play. For that matter even let Marbury have 5 games and more practice in this system.

The positive should be that Duhon had 6 asissts, 10 boards and defended the perimeter. And more often then not he's going to knock down those wide open threes. Nobody shot the ball well last night. Duhon is never going to have huge stats but i guarantee, you won't see many big turnover games like that during the regular season.

And Nate was impressive but he can't be more then a 25 minute a night guy if he doesn't learn to fight over the picks. Calderon was having a field day on those mid range jumpers. I know hes undersized but he should be a much better defender then he is. Even D'Antoni said it during that interview.

Last edited:

Scribbles

Rotation player
I've noticed nobody has mentioned it yet but Duhon had 10 def. REBs last night.

Plus all the REBS Zach and Lee grabbed = A LOT OF BRICKS TOSSED UP BY THE RAPS

Had they been knocking those shots down, we would have given up like 150 points. Now imagine if we were facing a better squad....

If defenders are having that many shot attempts that means our defense needs WORK. We need to force some turnovers. And have that translate into fast break points.

portega1968

El Cacique
and they are off.... giddyup... whoa nelly.... passing the quater mile pole there is clumsy leading the pack... go stripes!!!

Last edited:

TunerAddict

Starter
Duhon isn't going to play. He is just a motivational tool to get Marbury to work and play hard. He is the stick. He makes people feel bad when they get replaced by him so they play harder so he doesn't have to come in.

I've noticed nobody has mentioned it yet but Duhon had 10 def. REBs last night.

ummm i mentioned that...i get looked over because of the gimmick name, i overstand,its ok

yeah they had a lot of bricks,and if they went in and all that, but that means the knicks played good D. theirs a reason those shots didnt just drop, the knicks were hustling, and d'antoni played the media card perfect yesterday afternoon when the report came out about him being upset with the lack of hustle

Lee will be an all-star this year if he keeps playing the way he did last night from what i saw...that jumpers gonna solidify it,easy.

the Z-Bo/Sheed comparison is extremely on point. I see him being an igniter for the team or against the team...unfortunately,theirs no inbetween, so hopefully this year turns a new page for randolph and we start seeing him use all that negative energy in a little better light for the home team

Duhon will not start all year if he played like he did yesterday, i could see Nate starting over him after these past couple weeks and how much D'antoni talks about him. He's got a man crush on him and n8 can run the system the best outta any of our guards so far it seems..