Pay Lee (no homo)

portega1968

El Cacique
As ya'll know, Lee is up for an extension by Oct. 31.

IMO, Lee is an asset. Not a Top 10 player, but he is someone you want on your team.

At the worst, a very good 6th man. At his best, may even rise to elite.

It's not just that he's shown himself to be very good among his peers (summer leagues, rookie camps, rookie all star game, workout with Olympic team, NCAA championship, rebounds above his size)... it's that he has the right attitude and intensity.

A fan's player, a team player and a coach's player.

Dolan, Walsh... I hope you have his payday ready before the season starts. He needs to be part of the long-term plans... not the focus, but definitely he belongs in our frontcourt.

Things are finally looking up at MSG... long road ahead, but it seems we're headed in the right direction. Signing Lee now is part of the journey.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I agree...PAUSE.

I said in another post. David Lee's are as rare as Lebron James. You just don't guys like Lee anymore. Lee would have thrived in any NBA era. I he will certainly improve this team with his work ethic.

The man just knows how to play. Pay this man, but only if he's not asking for too much.

if you're gonna use it, atleast let it make sense

If you have to put No Homo after "Pay Lee", you're extremely insecure

if you have to put it after "Lee's hard" then its more understandable

learn to be head strong...

pause..

portega1968

El Cacique
if you're gonna use it, atleast let it make sense

If you have to put No Homo after "Pay Lee", you're extremely insecure

if you have to put it after "Lee's hard" then its more understandable

learn to be head strong...

pause..

wtf?

Im fukin 40 yrs old, never seen that no homo shit till I saw it here... so excuse me for not knowing the frikin regulations.

btw, do ya'll have a fukin opinion on the topic or ya'll just the homo police?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Why do the Knicks have to pay Lee? The Knicks should use Lee as a trading piece to get rid of Curry.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Why do the Knicks have to pay Lee? The Knicks should use Lee as a trading piece to get rid of Curry.
were gonna get rid of one of our most hardworking and better player in the knicks just for some fat slob? lee looks like hes been working in his jumpshot and he can rebound and god he can score...soon enough hell be like zach but actually be liked and wont cry about stuff

New New York

Quiet Storm

I think that would actually make Knick fans hate Curry even more if he cost us Lee!

I'm actually not that desperate to move Curry because of his opt out clause this off season. Think about it he's coming off the bench for the first time since his rookie season, he is being forced to run like hell daily! So giving up Lee for him may not be at all neccessary, Eddy may just quit!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
To let Lee go to another NBA team would be a monster mistake and will still tell me that the Knicks front office still has'nt changed and the Knicks will still suck.David Lee is a player that comes along once in a blue moon and if you have that kind of player then you better keep him.David Lee reminds me alot of Charles Oakley and now with that jump shot he really reminds me of Oakley.David Lee has to be resigned b/c he is the future and the Knicks will be contending again IF Lee is still here.

knicks shouldnt trade Lee at all, if anything he'd take less than most other players of caliber to win in NY. their looking towards 2010 and they may have a diamond in their own backyard, why let him go to only get better? he's definitely the oakley type player we've been looking for since oaktree left

better now?:boohoo:

and dont use words you dont know the meaning to, it makes you look corny

WiL8000

Rotation player
Definitely give Lee an extension. The Knicks, despite planning for the future they need to secure their assets. Let the bad contracts expire or trade when possible. I'd like for the Knicks to hold onto Nate Robinson as well.

portega1968

El Cacique
Lee may be looking for $10mil... Nate is also up for an extension

Cap is around $60mil... payroll is around $100 right now.

Would you give him the $10mil?

I would.

What?

This is the dumbest post I've read in a while.....

David Lee looks like he improved in the off season. If i was him tho i wouldn't resign with New York if i cared about winning.[/quote]

Oh wait we got a winner here!

Lee loves NY and NY loves what Lee brings to our team (ie Oakley) We will be winning with Mike at the helm and as soon as we can rid our selves of bad contracts (Steph,James,Curry,Rose 40 million....Q,Crawford,Jeffries 25 million) Cap space isn't going to be a problem,keeping the right peices of the puzzle around with one eye on the future is the real task for Knicks manegment. God I hope they do the right thing!

We also need to re-sign Nasty Nate....... everyboby says Lee is the "White Oak" does anyone but me beleive Nate to be the second comming of "Crazy Heart,Hustle and Emotion" John Starks???

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
u crazy if u want to trade david lee just to get rid of eddy curry, ur anger for a player exceeds u being a fan of the knicks