View Poll Results: Who should play down low with Lee? (No homo)

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zach Randolph

19 86.36%
  • Eddy Curry

0 0%
  • Jerome James

2 9.09%
  • Jared Jeffries

0 0%
  • Danilo Gallinari

0 0%
  • I dont know/none of the above

1 4.55%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia 76ers vs New York Knicks PreSeason Game Thread Oct. 14

Knicks shootin well from 3 tonight, good sign, they have to pay lee and nate already

Veteran

The Knicks are making this game look interesting hitting all those 3's.
    The Knick starters still have alot of work to do in gaining the lead and holding on to the lead.

Alright, The winning lineup of Marbury, Nate, Collins, Chandler, and Malik are on the court.

thank jesus for justin.tv

watching at work

2 things:

Chandler is easily our best SF

cant wait to watch this team in person at the garden...the ball movement is 1000x better than last year it seems, and thats only after watching 10 minutes or so of the game. also, i love them actually going on runs, coming back, etc. they dont seem NEARLY as defeated this year on the court (so far)

Veteran

Knicks are looking tired in the 4th

Can't believe they lost after shooting that well from 3...

Pretty impressive game... but theres two things that really glare and bother me...

1)I really REALLY hope when these games start to count come regular season Dantoni inserts Marbury into the game in the 4th quarter with the game in the balance. The lineup of Marbury, Crawford, Chandler, Randolph, and Lee will give us the best chance of pulling out a win than any other lineup we can possibly formulate

2) Dam,n its the same ol no defense playing Knicks!!! Philly seemed to score at ease down the strentch and really didn't have to work hard for ANY opf their bucket. Seemed WAAAAAY too easy...

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    for some reason the box score at nba.com aint workin for me, im going with espn.com and i got the game on too. Curry didnt look good at all. I realize that hes still gettin into shape but he looked out of place.

Lee is playing great, 9pts 4rbs 4asts

We have 16 assists as a team, and we are looking like a team.
    yeah nba.com has long delays, it didnt update for like 15 mins in the first half! Thanks for the tip on ESPN I think that's how I'll track Friday's game

Final Key Stats:

Wilson came on real strong in the second half!

Zach managed to curve out another Double Double

Steph didnt score, but had 5 ast and 0 T.O.'s

David looked solid again

I like the ball movement, a little concerned with the amount of 3's taken I mean they fell tonight, but relying on that many 3's is a bit risky.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Pretty impressive game... but theres two things that really glare and bother me...

1)I really REALLY hope when these games start to count come regular season Dantoni inserts Marbury into the game in the 4th quarter with the game in the balance. The lineup of Marbury, Crawford, Chandler, Randolph, and Lee will give us the best chance of pulling out a win than any other lineup we can possibly formulate

2) Dam,n its the same ol no defense playing Knicks!!! Philly seemed to score at ease down the strentch and really didn't have to work hard for ANY opf their bucket. Seemed WAAAAAY too easy...
    Really gotta agree on the Defense.

But I think its more of a systematic approach. The guys aren't playing help defense and rotating like they should. It is more or a fundamental deficiency than not trying. They are trying it seems, atleast more than last year, its just that they aren't reacting like they should. There isn't that continuity from before where they are both offensively and defensively a half court team. It seems like they have trouble moving from being offensive in a fast break like system, always looking to push, but have to wait around and sit back on their heels on defense. I don't know....I think that as time goes on it is something that if stressed enough in practice, will eventually take root.

Anyone else just blown away by Chandler? 5-6 from beyond the arc...

Mardy played pretty good, 10 points on 4-4 shooting in 10 minutes...

And of course DLee and ZBO doing what they do...

ZBO is impressing me. He really looks like he is trying to do right by the coach, his teammates, and the system. Its seems that black hole ZBO has changed into a new guy that actually passes the ball...

Oh, I forgot to mention....

Eddy Curry blows. Bad. He looked PATHETIC out there tonight...

My notes from the game:

Chris Duhon- not such a hot game from him tonight, he scored a few times but he has to be smarter with the ball.

Zach Randolph- Don't hear all the Z-Bo haters now...I told you I liked this guy and tonight he looked good. He rebounds, he scores, 'nuff said.

Eddy Curry- Abysmal. Looked slow, announcers commented and I noticed the guy didn't want the ball. Though I will say this, I think he brings a nice presence underneath in a small lineup (one we went with early on) that was Duhon, Steph, Nate, Chandler, Curry.

Stephon- Quietly got 5 assists, but didn't score. I didn't really notice him on the floor, which is both a bad and good thing. I'd like to see him get fed the ball more for open shots, but the fact that he's not playing selfishly speaks volumes.

Wilson Chandler- Wow, this guy should be our starting SF if Daniboy isn't working out. His shot is nice, and he's quite an athlete.

David Lee- Works hard, took wayyy too many shots early on, I'd like to see him drill more of the open ones. In the end though he had a good game, rebounded well, scored inside well and ran in transition very well.

Q-Rich- I want this guy to be good so badly. I know he can shoot, you just don't lose a shot like that over night. Tonight, he didn't look comfortable from three, never really got in a rhythym, but if D'Antoni can get out of Q-Rich here what he got in PHX Q is in for a good season, even as a 6th man.

Mardy Collins- This guy wants a spot bad, and he deserves it after tonight. He played his heart out. He knew, it seems, that he wouldn't get many opportunities to show what he's got, but I like him.

Nasty Nate- Enough with the Techs, Nate. I thought it was on D'Antoni but it was charged to Robinson. He's an athlete of simply freakish ability, and his ability to run the floor is going to be incredibly useful in this offense, he just has to learn when to keep his mouth shut.

Jamal- He gets a lot of hate on this board too, but from what I noticed he had a decent enough night. I think he'll thrive in this system.

Malik Rose- Next.

Overall I thought the team looked good, and when they got to running the 76ers were out matched by a lot. Issue is they didn't get much running going. I really think, and many on this board will probably blast me for it, the our starting PG should not be Duhon, should not be Steph, but based on what I saw Nate Robinson should be running the floor. The offense was much faster when he was on the court, and they succeeded very well with him. I think Nate fits what D'Antoni wants out of his PG, and that's just running other teams out of the building. I would not be opposed to this starting lineup:

1- Robinson
    2- Crawford (or maybe Marbury?)
    3- Chandler
    4- Z-Bo
    5- D-Lee

It's fast, and it's not big but Zach and Lee can both rebound, and esp. with D-Lee rebounding, Nate should be so quick on outlets, and Lee being so good at turning the defensive board into an outlet pass, I really think this offense would work the best.

Marbury or Nate
    Crawford or Marbury
    Chandler
    Randolph
    Lee

thats should be our lineup.....The PG and SG spots are up for grabs at this point. The 3,4 and 5 are not arguable.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    My notes from the game:

Chris Duhon- not such a hot game from him tonight, he scored a few times but he has to be smarter with the ball.

Zach Randolph- Don't hear all the Z-Bo haters now...I told you I liked this guy and tonight he looked good. He rebounds, he scores, 'nuff said.

Eddy Curry- Abysmal. Looked slow, announcers commented and I noticed the guy didn't want the ball. Though I will say this, I think he brings a nice presence underneath in a small lineup (one we went with early on) that was Duhon, Steph, Nate, Chandler, Curry.

Stephon- Quietly got 5 assists, but didn't score. I didn't really notice him on the floor, which is both a bad and good thing. I'd like to see him get fed the ball more for open shots, but the fact that he's not playing selfishly speaks volumes.

Wilson Chandler- Wow, this guy should be our starting SF if Daniboy isn't working out. His shot is nice, and he's quite an athlete.

David Lee- Works hard, took wayyy too many shots early on, I'd like to see him drill more of the open ones. In the end though he had a good game, rebounded well, scored inside well and ran in transition very well.

Q-Rich- I want this guy to be good so badly. I know he can shoot, you just don't lose a shot like that over night. Tonight, he didn't look comfortable from three, never really got in a rhythym, but if D'Antoni can get out of Q-Rich here what he got in PHX Q is in for a good season, even as a 6th man.

Mardy Collins- This guy wants a spot bad, and he deserves it after tonight. He played his heart out. He knew, it seems, that he wouldn't get many opportunities to show what he's got, but I like him.

Nasty Nate- Enough with the Techs, Nate. I thought it was on D'Antoni but it was charged to Robinson. He's an athlete of simply freakish ability, and his ability to run the floor is going to be incredibly useful in this offense, he just has to learn when to keep his mouth shut.

Jamal- He gets a lot of hate on this board too, but from what I noticed he had a decent enough night. I think he'll thrive in this system.

Malik Rose- Next.

Overall I thought the team looked good, and when they got to running the 76ers were out matched by a lot. Issue is they didn't get much running going. I really think, and many on this board will probably blast me for it, the our starting PG should not be Duhon, should not be Steph, but based on what I saw Nate Robinson should be running the floor. The offense was much faster when he was on the court, and they succeeded very well with him. I think Nate fits what D'Antoni wants out of his PG, and that's just running other teams out of the building. I would not be opposed to this starting lineup:

1- Robinson
    2- Crawford (or maybe Marbury?)
    3- Chandler
    4- Z-Bo
    5- D-Lee

It's fast, and it's not big but Zach and Lee can both rebound, and esp. with D-Lee rebounding, Nate should be so quick on outlets, and Lee being so good at turning the defensive board into an outlet pass, I really think this offense would work the best.
    I agree with Nate running the team and being the floor general.

Duhon isn't a uptempo guy, he is more of a half court offense type. So is Mardy. Steph is more diverse, but Nate seems tailor made for this type of offense.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Why? Why? Why did Dantoni add Curry to that Lineup?
    Because it is preseason and he wants to find out what he can do with Curry.

This was a nice game - but damn we need to play some frickin D man! I liked how Steph played. 6 asts and no turnovers in 20mins with a +14 efficiency rating according to yahoo sports.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He was quite a floor general last night - not pushing the action, and just easily setting up players for wide open 3's...I have no idea why D'Antoni didn't play him in the 4th but I know it would have been a different story.

Nate was great - he role is definitely 6th man - instant offense off the bench.

If I had to go with a knicks winning lineup it would be

PG: Marbury
    SG: Crawford
    SF: Chandler
    PF: Z-bo
    C: D Lee

Veteran

Game Thread

Point blank, Eddy Curry should not be awarded any playingtime during the preseason games like Gallinari. I'm sure that any scrimmage game in practice proves this.
    Plus to put Curry into the Marbury, Nate, and Chandler lineup when this 2nd unit lineup were chopping away the (8 point) lead the Knicks starters gave Philly to a 4 point lead, and then Dantoni inserts Curry into their lineup was cruel and unruly punishment towards the 2nd unit of Marbury, Nate, and Chandler who were looking for a running teammate while they push the ball.

Putting Curry into the game was something I would expect from coach Isiah Thomas. Especially when you have the fastest players that can push the ball up the court on the floor with fresh legs ready to run n gun the last 5 minutes of the first quarter.

It seems to me that Eddy Curry dont want to be on this Knick Team where he gets no luv from his homeboy Crawful and 20/10 Zach Randolph. Inwhich Dantoni must fear to put Curry into a lineup with either Crawford, Q.Rich, and Zach on the court.

Why was Mardy Collins yanked out of the game after scoring 10 straight points on 5-5 shooting in the 4th quarter? he was just getting into his game, plus after each time he scored he increased his effort on defense. Collins made coach Cheeks call a timeout.

The Zach & Lee bigman frontcourt is well and decent in the preseason games however, to have Lee in the game every second that Zach is on the court is getting old and played out in just the 3rd pre-game, when Lee should spend more playingtime in an uptempo run n gun small lineup of Nate, Marbury, Chandler, and Malik pushing the ball up court with fiesty speed.