Tales from the Lockeroom 10.15.08

Starks

Starter
http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/knicks/

Other observations from this night:

##Mike, do us a favor? Play Patrick Ewing Jr. in Boston Friday. It's time. Ewing has three straight DNPs and even got grumpy in the locker room. He brusquely asked a reporter, who was interviewing Chris Duhon next to his locker, to move away from his airspace. Hey Patrick, this ain't Georgetown.

##On that note, there was another telling moment in the locker room tonight. Stephon Marbury told a writer to move away from inside his locker-room cubicle as he emerged from the shower. The two had an exchange, nothing big. The more telling part was Jamal Crawford motioning to a couple of media members to check out the scene. It's apparent which combo guard wants Marbury out of town.

##The whole Marbury coming-off-the-bench saga will pick up steam now that Starbury expressed some frustration with his predicament, saying tonight, "I'm a starter, period.'' He was going so good, too, but his scoreless outing was too much for his ego to take.

##The Garden was half-empty and that may be a precursor to the regular season. Attendance hasn't been bad at the Garden considering how lousy the team has been. That will change if the Knicks get off to a slow start.

##Wilson Chandler would be my starting small forward, even though the Knicks are thin at the 4 or 5 with injuries and Eddy Curry's bleak status. Chandler posted a 20 and 10 tonight off the bench - 5 of 6 from 3-point range. Chandler does everything. Not a bad pick at No. 23 by you-know-who. Meanwhile, Quentin Richardson looked a lot like last season, 4 of 13, 1 of 7 on open 3-point shots. He should've transported the Skidmore rims to the Garden.

##In his preseason debut, Curry played 6:21, didn't have a field goal, scored one point and committed three fouls before getting sick at halftime. He never appeared on the bench in the second half. Can you say 12th man?

##Mardy Collins looked like the best point guard of all tonight (5 for 5), scoring on three straight possessions in the fourth quarter on driving layups.

##And finally, Allan Houston was not angry at me for writing him off because of his latest injury. He was angry that I implied in the newspaper he hid his quad strain, suffered a week before training camp, from the Knicks. I apologize if he read it that way. When I wrote he kept it a secret, I meant from the media. The Knicks, of course, knew about it. "I'm just glad it's not my knees,'' Houston told me tonight.

Starks

Starter
Berman had one the biggest man crushes I've seen up til now. Now it's like he's trying to go out of his way to sway people against Steph.

Really weird.

This was a guy who Marbury used to use as his personal minister of communication. Textin him and all that.

Now Berman is trying to distance himself.

My theory is that once Berman started his blog on the nypost.com, all of the anti-marbury fans were overwhelming in their resentment to the guard. Now Berman is probably trying to do his best Frank Isola impression.

Btw, I think Isola is the best beatwriter in the league

GetRealistic

Starter
Yea Berman is awful. I was thinking that to Starks. Berman was in love with Marbury for years and now all the sudden he's gonna start ripping him. But if you do read some of his past blogs the posters who respond to him really lay into him for kissing up to Steph.

It'd be like 5'2 KIYAMAN suddenly saying summer league play isn't the key ingredient to regular season success. Or MSG all the sudden saying something anti Marbury.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Yea Berman is awful. I was thinking that to Starks. Berman was in love with Marbury for years and now all the sudden he's gonna start ripping him. But if you do read some of his past blogs the posters who respond to him really lay into him for kissing up to Steph.

It'd be like 5'2 KIYAMAN suddenly saying summer league play isn't the key ingredient to regular season success. Or MSG all the sudden saying something anti Marbury.

Or 4'7 GETREAL saying something pro Marbury

Is Kiyaman really that short? :confused:

Starks

Starter
I like how Allan was angry at Berman. Someone needs to put him in his place, and Allan still does it with class.

Curry and Jerome James should become better friends since they both are in the same situation of not fitting in at all on this team.

Crawford seems to be the new face of the franchise. I don't think he did anything wrong really. But I'm sure him and Steph are gona have a talk about this blog. A small thing like that can turn into the feud.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I like how Allan was angry at Berman. Someone needs to put him in his place, and Allan still does it with class.

Curry and Jerome James should become better friends since they both are in the same situation of not fitting in at all on this team.

Crawford seems to be the new face of the franchise. I don't think he did anything wrong really. But I'm sure him and Steph are gona have a talk about this blog. A small thing like that can turn into the feud.

One of the worst things i have ever seen you say :td:

Nate, Lee, and Chandler >> Crawford

Do you realize how thoughtless what you just said is? I will not even insult you this time. You insulted yourself worse then I could ever. I have recieved numerous warnings concerning my insults, so I will save them for someone who is more worth it.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Do you realize how thoughtless what you just said is? I will not even insult you this time. You insulted yourself worse then I could ever. I have recieved numerous warnings concerning my insults, so I will save them for someone who is more worth it.

Pablo I got sumthin for you (no homo)

You can use this as your avi

30lcsnt.jpg

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i dont like crawford eihter. But when reporters flock to him it says something. what r u gettin upset about? relax

I dont know starks i understand now you were speakin from the perspective of the reporters now but i think its sickening that there are fans out there and members of the media that look at crawford as the leader. If you look at basic stats crawford appears to be a good shooting guard, but if you look at percentages then you realize hes not as good. Then if you watch him play...and constantly give up points, you really realize that he doesnt belong in the starting lineup. We have players who can score more efficiently then him. I expect him to go back to being a role player this year, which is what he should be. He needs to take less shots and better shots, but you probably already know this.

Thank you MSGknickz33. I will use that as my avi. I think you are a very good poster. How do I join "Team Starbury"?

Just like that, your in.

Starbarians, how deep are we now? 12 deep?