Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics Game Thread 10/17

Game 6 is tomarrow....

I know this will greatly upset Kiya because it won't be our top 6 energy guys providing us with a hugely important preseason win. But Eddy Curry should play 25 minutes tonight atleast. Were stuck with him so we might as well see if he can do something in the preseason. I think it comes down to Curry or Malik as our true big guy off the bench and Malik is far from a big guy.

I agree Ewing Jr and Roberson should play.....

I don't really see the necessity for Duhon, Crawford, or Marbury to play that many minutes.... I'd have no problem with say Marbury playing 25/30 minutes tonight and Duhon getting the night off. And then the next game doing just the opposite.

Unless theres a crazy trade/buyout these two are going to be on the team so lets see if Roberson is worth keeping around.

Ewing jr should play but i dont think roberson should. They should just cut him now, it was a mistake to sign him. Let someone else get those minutes. Id rather see the 6.6 Mardy Collins get those minutes.

Q.Rich off to a rough start, per usual

some nice passes, some hesitation it seems

Crawford does look lost without the ball sometimes

Lee's got the jumper starting up

midway first quarter

our D looks pretty bad honestly, we're not keeping with anyone ,its like last year ...always a step behind

only the first quarter,hopefully they'll pick up the intensity and start fighting through picks for once

knicks have picked it up on both ends of the court

ball movement has improved a lot since the first quarter

real low on turn overs tonight, esp compared to the previous games

they've been running chandler hard since the middle of the first, seems like the change is becoming pretty clear....rich may end up coming off the bench for chandler if he doesnt start sinking open 3's

no ewing jr yet

nates been goin petal to the metal, curry's been active, doesnt seem as lost as people have been saying previous to tonights game. i wish i saw him run with his head down ONCE. seems like he's always out for a jog..

midway 2nd quarter, just updating for those out early or stuck at work

Wow 22 pts in all of first and 18 pts half way through 2nd! We certainley can score in bunches. Steph and Nate are looking solid tonight (from what I can tell from the box score, I dont get MSG until Monday).

end of the first half,tie ball game 56 all (or close, sorry, multi-tasking)

marbury's played decent, lots of penetration nohomo, and lots of freethrows. whatever turnovers they've credited him havent really been his fault, he keeps getting the ball in not the greatest of situations (on the bassline, during the fast break, headed out of bounds). Duhon's played heads up, Zbo and Lee have their chemistry working again. Lee was started at center, i thought that was interesting. STILL no EJ. Richardsons STILL having shooting woe's.

first and second quarter were pretty night and day, first being pretty bad, second being pretty damn decent

now that chandler,robinson and lee are getting their recognition, mardy collins may be the most under-rated pure player on our squad. you hardly ever see him make poor decisions and he's always looking to make a move that isnt something lazy just to be involved. just when you thought we had decisions to make...
    Last edited by EddieCurrysCancer; Oct 17, 2008 at 19:48.

Curry has blown badly...

Q is looking like ****...I really thought this might be his chance at redemption...but nope....

Dantoni better be playing Wilson instead of Q come regular season...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Q-Rich should be handcuffed when he plays basketball...he shoots too much for a streaky at best bad shooter.

Curry and Crawford are ass.

Marbury's penetration = a competitive team.

Q-Rich is GARBAGE! Chandler needs to play with the first unit

Look at Allen Coaching this dude Crawful.

duhon came out in the third quarter on a defensive tear

i could be wrong, but i think he's got 4 steals by the 6 min mark

richardson is 2 for 11? 12? goddamn terrible...he's had open shots, running jumpers, wide open front rimmed layups...ive been a huge supporter of him,but it seems he may be on the block just as much as curry or zbo to me

zbo's played well, im not one to say he NEEDS to go, especially if he keeps working like he has been

the celtics have played their season squad most of the game, and the knicks havent been altering their line up as much. its nice to see some consistency in our line up, even if it is pre-season

rondo,out, sprained right ankle...the ghost of reggie lewis tripped him up while he was walking down the court by himself..

2nd squad? is in, Chandler, Duhon, Zbo, Robinson, Marbury....knicks up by 4

i see no EJ in our future for tonight unless this lead increases to double digits in the fourth...

this game has been a great game to watch, its my first time watching the squad this year on TV (and not on justin.tv at my work on the pc)...i think alot of people are gonna be really surprised this year at how well the knicks pick up their overall team stats.

one funny thing is, it seems when their on a fast break, 3-1, 2-1, etc. they have NO idea how to finish. like they forgot what its like to actually have the advantage on someone on the court

With the right coaching Chandler has A LOT of potential. Duhon is better than advertised especially on the defensive end. With the sub packages D'Antoni is running the Celtics ragged.

Check for Chandler

Ewing Jr has clocked his first NBA time

he also has one turnover in as many minutes

he did hit a 14 foot turnaround after the travel

Robinsons gonna creat a ton of buzz around the league this year

EWING JR. HIGHLIGHT OF THE GAME

HUGE put back, his only two so far, but he mayve just earned his spot on the roster with one play