Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics Game Thread 10/17

For future reference, how can I watch games on Justin.tv?

The game wasn't under Sports > Basketball tabs.

yeah it seems its luck of the draw, i got one the other night so i was watchin that

try to type in the search random keywords,etc. some people may have it up but not under sports so they dont get shut it down

im hoping someone starts up a channel on there for every game, that would be keyy

Default Q Rich

Wow Q had what was thought to be his best season under Dantoni in Phoenix but his numbers were pretty bad

38% FG, 35% (7 out every 20) from 3 with 73% from the line

His best season as a Knick wasnt too much better

41% fg 38 from 3 (respectable) and 69% from the line (awful for a shooter).

I like Q's toughness and his ability to defend and board, but his shooting is a major conern, especially since I'm hearing that a lot of the shots he is getting are wide open shots.

I imagine if Danillo can make the rotation this season Wilson slides into the starting 3 spot with Danillo shifting to Wilson's role and Q looking like the odd man out.

But, who knows Q could begin to turn things aroung come season start. But so far it is not looking good

Who saw that block Chandler had on Garnett? He told his b!tch ass to get that **** the **** outta here!!! Ill put that youtube on here as soon as its available. Chandler was doing a real good job on the big dip****

Mardy played real well until the end, Ewing suprised me with that jam and I gotta agree, that one play may have put him on the roster.

Good game. Chandler is just a straight up beast, and I liked the swarming D in the second half that lead to all those turnovers.

Duhon impressed me tonight. Lets just shove crawford to the bench and bring out the lineup of;

Duhon
    Marbury
    Chandler
    Zbo
    Lee

ej with a big steal at the end to put a lid on the game

he'll have a spot by the end of the pre-season, mark words.

he was attacking the rim the whole time he was in, he reminded me a lot of chandler LAST year when he first started getting time...which, in only 8 minutes of play or so, says something serious. he didnt get down on himself when he missed, he has nba confidence.

they ran curry a lot tonight, im sure he'll be too winded to play till the beginning of the season

Youtube Moments:
    Ewing Jr. Putback
    Chandler Block on Garnett
    Knicks bench marking out over Ewing Jr.s putback

great game, hopefully this gives them some confidence to start putting the pressure on teams and prove they can keep with opponents from the tip

go knicks!

I like the way duhorn played tonight. I thought he played under control, he made some nice passes, and his defense was good.

Chandler played some real good defense, first knick in a while to have 3 blocks. He also had 9 rebounds. I think he can become a real good player. Hes very active on both ends of the court.

Chandler >> Ariza >> Balkman

Offensivley, nate robinson has looked like our best guard tonight. Hes got a real nice shot, and hes improved his defense. He doesnt use his height as an excuse, as proven by his 5 rebounds.

Marbury was in attack mode tonight. He can get to the free throw line at will.

I like the way mardy collins plays. I like his defense, his rebounding, and hes a smart player for the most part. At times he loses his focus, but hes still young. I think with his size, hes a valuable asset in this system. He can play a couple of different positions.

Ewing JR with the putback dunk over glen Big baby davis!!! Get the **** outta my way fatboy!!!!

Curry looked lost on offense and tired. But he had 2 blocks...for some reason by sources are only reporting one but i saw 2.

Crawfords defense was terrible.

*edit*

I just wanna add, after chandler stuffed KG he took at right at him and layed it in, and he got fouled. KG got owned. He looked like he was gonna cry on the bench

My man Wilson Chandler did his thang tonight with 3 blocks! And the best one was where Kg tried to sneak the layup past him but Wilson was having none of that. Then Kg tried to go back at Wilson on the next Celtic possesion in an isolation but Chandler held his ground against the 7 foot garnett and got him to travel. Then immediately after WIlson follows up with an and1 over KG! Haha damn hes gonna be a hellouva player one day!

But overall a really solid preseason effort from the Knicks. Whole team played pretty well.

AND DAMN AT PAT EWING JRS PUTBACK DUNK OVER BIG BABY!

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I hope the knicks keep ewing after that dunk!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

dude barely jumped, his wingspan must be ridiculous

Thumbs up

This was a very entertaining game to watch. I was pleased with effort of the team as a whole. It will take time as we know for the Knicks to adjust this new system, but I'm more optimistic after this game even though it's preseason.

Curry tried to keep pace but struggled of course, to his credit he actually blocked a shot. All of our point guards actually played well in the same game!!

Nyk Logo

I knew the Knicks would win this game, after the celtics beat down on us last season they had something to prove. Tonight we showed boston that we are a formidable opponent.
    -Ewing JR's sick put back dunk, he should make the team just because of that.
    -Chandler's block on KG, that was a statement for sure.
    -Good play from Duhon tonight.

So far 2-2 in pre season isnt terrible, at least were not Cleveland. But the knicks are putting up solid numbers, we have averaged over 100 pts in the first 4 games, so scoring isnt the problem. The suns never had problems scoring while D'antoni was the head coach, the only way they were beaten is if the other team scored more. I think that will be true with the knicks too, but we need to play SOME defense in order to secure wins, like we did with boston tonight, we blocked shots and had some steals, and we still scored a good amount of points.

Veteran

Game Thread

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Who saw that block Chandler had on Garnett? He told his b!tch ass to get that **** the **** outta here!!! Ill put that youtube on here as soon as its available. Chandler was doing a real good job on the big dip****
    Patrick Ewing Jr. brings the noise.
    If this game was in MSG the Garden would have erupted.

I watched this Knick vs Boston game over my Nephew's friend house with five other guys, and when Patrick Ewing Jr. made that Dunk everybody jumped up spilling drinks, falling on one another while screaming and yelling the roof off.
    I must admit the excitement of that Dunk quickly gave me a new found energy.

Dantoni did not want to lose to Doc Rivers bench players, because he put the right players (Collins & Zach) in the game with Marbury, Nate, and Chandler with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter to take a 12 point lead with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Wilson Chandler 5 pts, 9 rbd, 2 ast, 2 stl, 3 Blks, and 2 turn overs, was the MVP of this Knick win. His defensive effort was better than him scoring 25 points.

Mardy Collins is the guy I always take up for, but I must admit he was supposed to have 20 or more points vs Boston. All those easy missed layups with the 3rd unit are unforgiveable. He has no PG-leadership over the younger players. Although he did great alongside of Nate & Marbury in a 8-0 run and a 7-0 run against Boston.
    His status after this game should be a defensive role-player alongside of veteran players.

Ewing Junior With An Emphatic Slam :bowdown:

Originally Posted by EddieCurrysCancer
    ej with a big steal at the end to put a lid on the game

he'll have a spot by the end of the pre-season, mark words.

he was attacking the rim the whole time he was in, he reminded me a lot of chandler LAST year when he first started getting time...which, in only 8 minutes of play or so, says something serious. he didnt get down on himself when he missed, he has nba confidence.

they ran curry a lot tonight, im sure he'll be too winded to play till the beginning of the season

Youtube Moments:
    Ewing Jr. Putback
    Chandler Block on Garnett
    Knicks bench marking out over Ewing Jr.s putback

great game, hopefully this gives them some confidence to start putting the pressure on teams and prove they can keep with opponents from the tip

go knicks!
    I'd love to see the bench's reaction