New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics Game Thread 10/17

New New York

Quiet Storm
Wow 22 pts in all of first and 18 pts half way through 2nd! We certainley can score in bunches. Steph and Nate are looking solid tonight (from what I can tell from the box score, I dont get MSG until Monday).

end of the first half,tie ball game 56 all (or close, sorry, multi-tasking)

marbury's played decent, lots of penetration nohomo, and lots of freethrows. whatever turnovers they've credited him havent really been his fault, he keeps getting the ball in not the greatest of situations (on the bassline, during the fast break, headed out of bounds). Duhon's played heads up, Zbo and Lee have their chemistry working again. Lee was started at center, i thought that was interesting. STILL no EJ. Richardsons STILL having shooting woe's.

first and second quarter were pretty night and day, first being pretty bad, second being pretty damn decent

now that chandler,robinson and lee are getting their recognition, mardy collins may be the most under-rated pure player on our squad. you hardly ever see him make poor decisions and he's always looking to make a move that isnt something lazy just to be involved. just when you thought we had decisions to make...

Last edited:

TunerAddict

Starter
Curry has blown badly...

Q is looking like shit...I really thought this might be his chance at redemption...but nope....

Dantoni better be playing Wilson instead of Q come regular season...

metrocard

Legend
Q-Rich should be handcuffed when he plays basketball...he shoots too much for a streaky at best bad shooter.

Curry and Crawford are ass.

Marbury's penetration = a competitive team.

duhon came out in the third quarter on a defensive tear

i could be wrong, but i think he's got 4 steals by the 6 min mark

richardson is 2 for 11? 12? goddamn terrible...he's had open shots, running jumpers, wide open front rimmed layups...ive been a huge supporter of him,but it seems he may be on the block just as much as curry or zbo to me

zbo's played well, im not one to say he NEEDS to go, especially if he keeps working like he has been

the celtics have played their season squad most of the game, and the knicks havent been altering their line up as much. its nice to see some consistency in our line up, even if it is pre-season

rondo,out, sprained right ankle...the ghost of reggie lewis tripped him up while he was walking down the court by himself..

2nd squad? is in, Chandler, Duhon, Zbo, Robinson, Marbury....knicks up by 4

i see no EJ in our future for tonight unless this lead increases to double digits in the fourth...

this game has been a great game to watch, its my first time watching the squad this year on TV (and not on justin.tv at my work on the pc)...i think alot of people are gonna be really surprised this year at how well the knicks pick up their overall team stats.

one funny thing is, it seems when their on a fast break, 3-1, 2-1, etc. they have NO idea how to finish. like they forgot what its like to actually have the advantage on someone on the court

Red

TYPE-A
With the right coaching Chandler has A LOT of potential. Duhon is better than advertised especially on the defensive end. With the sub packages D'Antoni is running the Celtics ragged.

Check for Chandler

Ewing Jr has clocked his first NBA time

he also has one turnover in as many minutes

he did hit a 14 foot turnaround after the travel

Robinsons gonna creat a ton of buzz around the league this year

Scribbles

Rotation player
For future reference, how can I watch games on Justin.tv?

The game wasn't under Sports > Basketball tabs.

yeah it seems its luck of the draw, i got one the other night so i was watchin that

try to type in the search random keywords,etc. some people may have it up but not under sports so they dont get shut it down

im hoping someone starts up a channel on there for every game, that would be keyy

New New York

Quiet Storm
Q Rich

Wow Q had what was thought to be his best season under Dantoni in Phoenix but his numbers were pretty bad

38% FG, 35% (7 out every 20) from 3 with 73% from the line

His best season as a Knick wasnt too much better

41% fg 38 from 3 (respectable) and 69% from the line (awful for a shooter).

I like Q's toughness and his ability to defend and board, but his shooting is a major conern, especially since I'm hearing that a lot of the shots he is getting are wide open shots.

I imagine if Danillo can make the rotation this season Wilson slides into the starting 3 spot with Danillo shifting to Wilson's role and Q looking like the odd man out.

But, who knows Q could begin to turn things aroung come season start. But so far it is not looking good

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Who saw that block Chandler had on Garnett? He told his b!tch ass to get that shit the fukk outta here!!! Ill put that youtube on here as soon as its available. Chandler was doing a real good job on the big dipshit

TunerAddict

Starter
Mardy played real well until the end, Ewing suprised me with that jam and I gotta agree, that one play may have put him on the roster.

Good game. Chandler is just a straight up beast, and I liked the swarming D in the second half that lead to all those turnovers.

Duhon impressed me tonight. Lets just shove crawford to the bench and bring out the lineup of;

Duhon
Marbury
Chandler
Zbo
Lee

ej with a big steal at the end to put a lid on the game

he'll have a spot by the end of the pre-season, mark words.

he was attacking the rim the whole time he was in, he reminded me a lot of chandler LAST year when he first started getting time...which, in only 8 minutes of play or so, says something serious. he didnt get down on himself when he missed, he has nba confidence.

they ran curry a lot tonight, im sure he'll be too winded to play till the beginning of the season

Youtube Moments:
Ewing Jr. Putback
Chandler Block on Garnett
Knicks bench marking out over Ewing Jr.s putback

great game, hopefully this gives them some confidence to start putting the pressure on teams and prove they can keep with opponents from the tip

go knicks!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I like the way duhorn played tonight. I thought he played under control, he made some nice passes, and his defense was good.

Chandler played some real good defense, first knick in a while to have 3 blocks. He also had 9 rebounds. I think he can become a real good player. Hes very active on both ends of the court.

Chandler >> Ariza >> Balkman

Offensivley, nate robinson has looked like our best guard tonight. Hes got a real nice shot, and hes improved his defense. He doesnt use his height as an excuse, as proven by his 5 rebounds.

Marbury was in attack mode tonight. He can get to the free throw line at will.

I like the way mardy collins plays. I like his defense, his rebounding, and hes a smart player for the most part. At times he loses his focus, but hes still young. I think with his size, hes a valuable asset in this system. He can play a couple of different positions.

Ewing JR with the putback dunk over glen Big baby davis!!! Get the fukk outta my way fatboy!!!!

Curry looked lost on offense and tired. But he had 2 blocks...for some reason by sources are only reporting one but i saw 2.

Crawfords defense was terrible.

*edit*

I just wanna add, after chandler stuffed KG he took at right at him and layed it in, and he got fouled. KG got owned. He looked like he was gonna cry on the bench :lol:

My man Wilson Chandler did his thang tonight with 3 blocks! And the best one was where Kg tried to sneak the layup past him but Wilson was having none of that. Then Kg tried to go back at Wilson on the next Celtic possesion in an isolation but Chandler held his ground against the 7 foot garnett and got him to travel. Then immediately after WIlson follows up with an and1 over KG! Haha damn hes gonna be a hellouva player one day!

But overall a really solid preseason effort from the Knicks. Whole team played pretty well.

AND DAMN AT PAT EWING JRS PUTBACK DUNK OVER BIG BABY!

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->