New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics Game Thread 10/17

WiL8000

Rotation player
This was a very entertaining game to watch. I was pleased with effort of the team as a whole. It will take time as we know for the Knicks to adjust this new system, but I'm more optimistic after this game even though it's preseason.

Curry tried to keep pace but struggled of course, to his credit he actually blocked a shot. All of our point guards actually played well in the same game!!

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
I knew the Knicks would win this game, after the celtics beat down on us last season they had something to prove. Tonight we showed boston that we are a formidable opponent.
-Ewing JR's sick put back dunk, he should make the team just because of that.
-Chandler's block on KG, that was a statement for sure.
-Good play from Duhon tonight.

So far 2-2 in pre season isnt terrible, at least were not Cleveland. But the knicks are putting up solid numbers, we have averaged over 100 pts in the first 4 games, so scoring isnt the problem. The suns never had problems scoring while D'antoni was the head coach, the only way they were beaten is if the other team scored more. I think that will be true with the knicks too, but we need to play SOME defense in order to secure wins, like we did with boston tonight, we blocked shots and had some steals, and we still scored a good amount of points.

Kiyaman

Legend
Who saw that block Chandler had on Garnett? He told his b!tch ass to get that shit the fukk outta here!!! Ill put that youtube on here as soon as its available. Chandler was doing a real good job on the big dipshit

Patrick Ewing Jr. brings the noise.
If this game was in MSG the Garden would have erupted.

I watched this Knick vs Boston game over my Nephew's friend house with five other guys, and when Patrick Ewing Jr. made that Dunk everybody jumped up spilling drinks, falling on one another while screaming and yelling the roof off.
I must admit the excitement of that Dunk quickly gave me a new found energy.

Dantoni did not want to lose to Doc Rivers bench players, because he put the right players (Collins & Zach) in the game with Marbury, Nate, and Chandler with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter to take a 12 point lead with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Wilson Chandler 5 pts, 9 rbd, 2 ast, 2 stl, 3 Blks, and 2 turn overs, was the MVP of this Knick win. His defensive effort was better than him scoring 25 points.

Mardy Collins is the guy I always take up for, but I must admit he was supposed to have 20 or more points vs Boston. All those easy missed layups with the 3rd unit are unforgiveable. He has no PG-leadership over the younger players. Although he did great alongside of Nate & Marbury in a 8-0 run and a 7-0 run against Boston.
His status after this game should be a defensive role-player alongside of veteran players.

ej with a big steal at the end to put a lid on the game

he'll have a spot by the end of the pre-season, mark words.

he was attacking the rim the whole time he was in, he reminded me a lot of chandler LAST year when he first started getting time...which, in only 8 minutes of play or so, says something serious. he didnt get down on himself when he missed, he has nba confidence.

they ran curry a lot tonight, im sure he'll be too winded to play till the beginning of the season

Youtube Moments:
Ewing Jr. Putback
Chandler Block on Garnett
Knicks bench marking out over Ewing Jr.s putback

great game, hopefully this gives them some confidence to start putting the pressure on teams and prove they can keep with opponents from the tip

go knicks!

I'd love to see the bench's reaction :gony::gony:

portega1968

El Cacique
Duhon impressed me tonight. Lets just shove crawford to the bench and bring out the lineup of;

Duhon
Marbury
Chandler
Zbo
Lee

I'd also like to see those 5 start the season. Trade Crawford and Malik for some help in the middle or an expiring deal. Crawford is one helluva player with a great attitude, but his FG% sucks, he's just too streaky despite the talent. This offense doesn't seem to suit him

Also move Q down the depth chart 'cause his 3shot his not reliable anymore.

Play a tight 9 with Nate, Collins, Jeffries and Curry.

Roberson cheerleader.. Ewing and Danilo DLeague

Waive Jerome James.