D-anilo League?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Look one of the few things Isiah did right was not sending young players who who werent playing right away to the D League. I know the D League has worked for players like Bynum and Rafer Alston, but I never liked the idea of sending a young player to play with lesser comp. Wilson Chandler's game could be significantly different had he played in the D League for the time he wasnt getting P.T.

So word has it Danillo could be headed there to start the season. Looks like Dantoni may be more of an advocate than Walsh or even Danillo, but it still is a possibility. Mike's thinking is that he just has too much catching up to do right now. Which is true, but it's not like any D League team will be running Dantoni's offense. So while he'll be staying in playing shape he still will not be getting adjusted to the sytem at all.

What do yall think?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i think its a good thing to have Danillo start in the d leauge let him get some playing time after he gets healthy so he gets into playing shape and get a feel for his jumpshot then after a few games in the d leauge bring him up to our team and he'll be good to go. cause u wouldnt want a rusty shooter who just came off an injury playing on your real roster let him find his rythm and call em up and watch him shoot the lights out!

Paul1355

All Star
Saw this coming. D'Antoni runs a game that requires to be in top shape. And Gallinari isn't there yet and won't be there until he plays some games. If anyone knows what the team is called or if they show some d league games....post them up in the future.

JayJ44

Starter
Which is true, but it's not like any D League team will be running Dantoni's offense.

Actually, the coach of the team in Reno that the Knicks are affiliated with was an assistant to D'antoni in Pheonix. He will be using D'antoni's 7 second offense.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Actually, the coach of the team in Reno that the Knicks are affiliated with was an assistant to D'antoni in Pheonix. He will be using D'antoni's 7 second offense.

Wow good find! I guess that is why Mike would be so willing to send him down there.

Ok that changes my opinion in that regard, but, you still cant simulate that talent he would be facing even in just scrimmages with his teamates, nor the chemistry that you build in playing with your teamates everday in practice.

JayJ44

Starter
That's true, but he needs to get some playing time in an actual game. It's a tough situation, but I think it would be best for him.