Celtics vs Knicks Pre Season Game Thread 10/21

Which guard should be left out of the rotation?

• Chris Duhon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mardy Collins

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Nate Robinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stephon Marbury

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Jamal Crawford

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Boston Celtics (4-2) @ New York Knicks (3-2)
Tuesday at 7:30pm ET, Live on MSG Plus

12garden2_lg.jpg

Welcome to the official MSG33 pregame show. I am the Gold Mac 10 and its time to break down tonights preseason game. The Knicks will be home going up against the Smelltics. The meltics have beat Cleveland twice, the Houston Rockets, and the New Jersey Nets. The Nets took a beating almost as bad as the one 43 year old Bernard Hopkins delivered to Kelly Pavlik. They defeated the Nets 83-66. Kendikk Perkins led the way with 18 points. The Celtics out rebounded the Nets 56 to 29.

The Celtics were unable to defeat the Knicks last Friday night in Boston. Wilson Chandler made Kevin Garnett his son, despite Garnott being 10 years older. Kevin Garlic caught feelings over this. He said he will not forget his sonning. Wilson most likely at some point will be matched up again with Gay G, if he rejects him again what will happen this time?

Stephon Marbury could return to the starting lineup tonight, due to Jamal Crawfords poor play so far this preseason. He has looked lost on both ends of the court. Hes never contributed anything on defense, throughout his entire career. In 26 minutes Crawford only scored 4 points on 1 for 6 shooting. Marbury had 9 points (3-3) and 6 assists in just under 16 and a half minutes. Marbury hasnt showed that hes back to being an all star like earlier in his career, but hes shown that he wants to be a team player. Hes looked to pass alot more then hes looked for his shot. When he has looked to score hes caused chaos for opposing defenses, with his ability to get into the paint and to the free throw line at will. His defense has also been solid. It is clear so far that the 3 best guards for the knicks has been Marbury, Duhon, and Nate Robinson. Even Mardy Collins has looked better then Crawford.

Starting Lineups

Boston Smelltics

At point guard, Rajon john doe
At shooting guard, Gay Allan
At small forward, Paula Pierced Pussy
At power forward, Kevin Garlic (aka Gay G)
At center, Mendikk Jerkins

A Gold Mac Exclusive

knicks.gif

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHON
AT SHOOTING GUARD NATE ROBINSON
AT SMALL FORWARD STEPHON MARBURY
AT POWER FORWARD WILSON CHANDLER
AT CENTER DAVID LEE

KNICKS BENCH: Wilson Chandler, Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson, Eddy Curry, Malik Rose, Anthony Roberson, Mardy Collins, Patrick Ewing Jr., Jerome James, Dan Grunfeld

Knicks_Dribbling_600_100605.jpg

Throwback Hip Hop Joint of the Day

Artist: Big L
Song: Lifestylez ov da poor & dangerous
Album: Lifestylez ov da poor & dangerous

Download here:
09 Lifestylez Ov da Poor and Dangerous.mp3 - 4.60MB

Thanks for joining me here on The Gold Mac's pregame show, catch me next time and enjoy tonights game.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
Nice...is Lee definitly playing tonight? I wanna see Steph and Chandler start. Anyone read how Crawford looks lost in the system and is another trade possibility? Good because he is mediocre at best. Not 2 tute my own horn but I said look out 4 Chandler at the begining of pre-season and he is now on everyones radar. Let's also give Duhon his props, a lot of us underestimated how good he is and Z Bo for his unselfishness. D Lee will not have his contract renewed according to ESPN due to 2010 plans. What do u guys think?

Red

TYPE-A
Tonight will be a real test. The Celtics will try and redeem themselves by clamping down on defense. Since we are in MSG we will be hyped and more than willing to meet the challenge. We have nothing to lose, the Celts reputation is on the line, it will be close. But once we win a renewed rivalry will begin for this season. Our sights are fixed on beating the Celts(champs) as our measuring stick this season and we will go hard to prove to everyone we are not to be underestimated.The formula to beating them is to drive to the hole a lot and pick up fouls as demonstrated by Lebron last season. Look for Marbaury to have a big game. 15pts 8 asst 2 steals!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I noticed something a year ago when we embarrassed the celtics in a preseason game, a preseason game that they tried very hard to win. The big 3 played about 40 minutes each, and we beat them. We pressured them alot. I remember randolph and lee trappin kg on the baseline, and kept throwin the ball away. I saw this trend repeat itself time and time again, throughout the season and playoffs.

They struggle under alotta pressure. They barely beat the hawks and they only beat the cavs because gibson didnt play in game 7. They beat detroit because the pistons have had the same problem with pressure since they won the championship, with the exception of when the spurs beat them in the finals. The lakers werent physical enough and their defense wasnt good enough to beat the celtics, and kobe choked. If it was the spurs or the jazz in the finals, the celtics might not be the champions.

It doesnt take a better team to beat the celtics. It takes a physical, more athletic team that is very focused to beat them. The big 3 is a year older now, they might not be as good as they were last year and they dont have posey anymore.

Akamu

The King
Tonight is not the real test, playing for a RECORDED win is the REAL test! 8)

Chandler, Starbury, Nate
are playing great just as I expected, and D Lee looks pretty good down low, and is working on that mid-range shot which would help ALOT.

Chris Duhon is showing some versatility and Mardy Hardy Collins is still looking ok, at times he looks like he can be great but needs to adjust his game more.

Q-itch looks alright with his shot but I don't like him starting.

Zach I'm still up in the air about he looked pretty decent but he still doesn't remind me of a basketball player body wise and his ball handle is still shaky (and will not change) it looks like he's about to commit a turnover when he dribbles.

Jamal is being exposed now for the loser he is, he is playing the worst by far. Good voting-

I'm not trying to be negative, I like how D Antoni' is dealing with our players so far, I just would like Jamal to NOT be starting and I'll be alrigh, I rather see Eddy Curry starting with his big fridge looking self, as long as he shows that good kinda curry he can bring to the table.

Last edited:

Trin_Starr

Starter
As reported by Andrew Marchand of ESPN news - tonight's starting lineup is:

PG - Duhon
SG - nate
SF - Steph
PF - Chandler
C - Lee

That's a small ass lineup....so nate has to guard ray ray and steph guards pierce! now that's just f#cked up! lol

Akamu

The King
Better then Jamal and Q-itchy, don't underestimate the short niiggaz, Nate and Steph and tougher then Ray Ray N Pierce! Nasty Nate could guard them both if he wanted to!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

PG - Duhon
SG - nate
SF - Steph
PF - Chandler
C - Lee

That's a small ass lineup....so nate has to guard ray ray and steph guards pierce! now that's just f#cked up! lol

For some reason i think marbury and nate will suprise us. Oh sh!t!!!! Garnott and Chandler will be matched up!!! Ill edit my starting lineups

I like the way nates been playing defense. Hes probably the best conditioned player on this team. Sadly, with nate being almost a foot shorter then crawford hes a better defender.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Better then Jamal and Q-itchy, don't underestimate the short niiggaz, Nate and Steph and tougher then Ray Ray N Pierce! Nasty Nate could guard them both if he wanted to!

Now that i think about it nate will guard rondo and duhon will guard ray allan. I wouldnt doubt marbury against pierce. Marbury might be shorter but hes real strong too. I cant wait for this game tonight. I gotta feeling the doc will be foolish and play his starters big minutes against us. Thats a stupid way to play, they just won the championship. They dont have much to prove. This is just a preseason game. I hope we embarrass those maggots.

portega1968

El Cacique

PG - Duhon
SG - nate
SF - Steph
PF - Chandler
C - Lee

That's a cocky lineup (no homo). Will get overpowered down low (no homo) but it'll be fun to see if the aging Boston trio and their peeps can keep up with the madness.

Nate, Steph and Chandler won't take shit from the likes of Pierce, KG and Powe... a sweet rivalry is slowly boiling, but we need to start winning to really stick it to them beaners.

Nate guarding Rondo is no doubt worth watching. Can Duhon keep Ray Allen in check? Will we see more isos for Curry in the low post? Is Lee 100%? Will Craw wake up off the bench and hit like 8 from downtown? Have two guards on the same team ever made at least 10 assists in the same game?

Nah, ok, got carried away there. Dang I can't wait until next week when games count.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Boston Celtics 16 man roster are playing Chemistry B-Ball with offensive lineups and defensive lineups. Its strange to see how well these lineups are condition to perform well together, the thought that coach Doc Rivers has graduated to this level of Pro Ball will be amazing this season.
Boston will be playing organized postseason B-Ball in the regular season with all 12 players.
So do not look for a Knick Win tonight vs the Celtics this team is organized in just 6 preseason games. They are looking for blowouts and lowering their oponents scoring.

I think its time for Dantoni to make the quick change of letting the 2nd Unit start and the 1st Unit come off the bench to experiment with Boston.

2nd unit: Nate, Marbury, Chandler, Malik (No Shooting), and Curry.
1st unit: Duhorn, Crawful, Q.Rich, Zach, and Lee.

Kiyaman

Legend

For future reference the "N" word is negative to use on Web and text as long as Black People are 350 years behind economically on this planet. The use may sound good in a sentence to you in the millenium but the origin is a FIVE-Century STRONG.... of brainwashing, colonialism, and submision to ignorance...

Akamu

The King
You know I'm not using it negatively so what's your point niigga? don't catch feelings with me, if you want a napkin then jus ask.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
good thread as usual MSG, tonights game will be an important one. yeah we did beat the celtics last week, but tonight they are gonna want revenge. Its important to still clamp down our defense a bit because they will try their hardest to pound the ball down low to KG. The key to winning this game is to have hot shooting from the guards, LEE and Chandler will have to crash the boards like always, and if we can try to limit the turnovers. i know the knicks can outrun the celtics, they proved that last week, but if we can an up tempo game with good passing and plenty of assists, well then the knicks will beat the celtics for the 2ND time in one week.

-D-Lee42fan

As always GO KNICKS!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
this is gonna be interesting to watch especially if the lineup of duhon,nate, marbury,Chandler and Lee is our starting lineup....also looking forward to see the Chandler vs Garnett match-up this will be a fun game...and Chandler shows the celtics that he's for real and he's someone they'll have to learn to deal with. and tonights game is not a test more like a quiz...we pass this one then we show the celtics werenot to be F***ed with and we show the rest of the league that were actually a pretty good team and were not going to be doormates anymore thats the Thunders job

Paul1355

All Star
Love how people voted more for Crawford than COllins lol. Crawford can be a solid 6th man to come off the bench and score. Collins can't do jack shyt.

portega1968

El Cacique
Love how people voted more for Crawford than COllins lol. Crawford can be a solid 6th man to come off the bench and score. Collins can't do jack shyt.

right now, if we need scoring off the bench with Steph as the starting SG with Duhon at PG, I'd rather have Nate or Q coming in (no homo). Crawford seems to struggle if not dribbling his way to a shot.

Collins is better off the bench to defend opposing guards.

Jamal needs a trade... his skills are note needed in this offense.